• Published 2nd Aug 2017
  • 778 Views, 11 Comments

Now and later - madric

  • ...
5
 11
 778

breakfast, lunch, and ponies

You and twilight both enter the kitchen to find *gasp* another purple pony who your guessing is starlight sitting at the end of a table which is covered in waffles, pancakes, fresh fruits, scrambled eggs, hash browns, but there also appears to be flowers, not like in a boutique but as food.

"Wait duh they're ponies what did I expect" you think to yourself before realizing twilight has said something to you.

"Uh could you repeat that"

"I said that's a lot of food huh."

"Yeah definitely" you tell twilight as you both approach the far side of the dining table where the very nervous looking is in her seat.

"Good morning starlight, sorry that we were a bit of schedule with getting back home, I hope you didn't have to wait that long."

"Oh no it's fine sometimes things happen and your late, and no I haven't been waiting here that long me and spike actually just finished breakfast a minute ago, but he seems to have ran off."

"Yeah you know spike, can't spend more than ten minutes awaken from rarity."

Starlight let's out a giggle at twilights comment. "So are you the human twilight told me about?"

"Yep that's me, daniel the human nice to meet you starlight." You say as you reach out a hand to her.

"It's nice to meet you to Daniel, I hope that your able to eat the food is made, twilight had told me before about how humans can't digest some of the things that us ponies eat."

"Everything here seems to be edible, well except for maybe the flowers, I mean they are edible but there not very good tasting."

""OK good i was worried that you might not be able to eat some of this."

"Yeah it's fine"

"Good"

And akward silence had then filled the room until twilight decided to speak up.

"Soo starlight, do you have any plans for today?

"Not really any plans per say but trixie did ask me if I'd like to go get some lunch today."

"Oh that sounds like fun."

"Probably, so what about you, got any plans?"

"Yes actually first I have to take daniel to rarity's boutique to see if his jacket is fixed yet, then we have to go to mare mayor's office to get the citizenship papers that I had requested from princess celestia, and lastly we have to find sweetie belle and scootaloo."

"Oh, how come did they do something wrong?" Starlight asks with a questioning look.

"No they didn't do anything wrong they just wanted to meet and I'm quoting this the scrawny hairless minotaur and they were the ones who found daniel so it's only fair that they get to meet him."

The three of you finish your breakfast and twilight exuses herself to use the restroom, you on the other hand are about to pick up the plates that is until starlight picks them all up at once all plates being in a light turquoise aura of sorts.

"Woah that's pretty cool" you tell starlight in astonishment.

"What this, no it's nothing but a simple levitation spell, any unicorn with a basic enough grasp on magic can perform it."

"Hell even if that is the point it's still the greatest magic I've ever seen."

"Don't you have any magic in your world? " Starlight asks a bit curious.

"No not any real magic it always just tricks used with smoke and mirrors and what not, and any time something seems like it may be magic it's usually some guy just trying to screw with people."

"That doesn't seem like a nice thing to do."

"Nah most of the time it's all in good fun."

"Daniel are you ready to head out to rarity's?" Says twilight as she re enters the dining room.

"Yeah I'm ready, see you later starlight."

"See you later daniel."

You and twilight exit the castle and begin to make your way to rarity's.

"So our first stop is your friend rarity's right?"

"Yes, rarity should have your jacket fixed by now, and if not we can just come back after we get your paper work."

"Sounds like a plan to me." You say before tripping over your own feet and falling straight down towards the purple pegacorn and one very deadly looking horn, lucky for you twilight seems to have a very high reaction time when it comes to things falling because just as you are about to fall onto her, your body is encased in a purple aura much like how starlight had done with the plates, but unlucky for you the feeling of having your entire body immobilized was by far the worst feeling you could have ever imagined. Not because it was painful but because even for just a moment it felt like someone else had complete control over you.

Twilight looks at you and notices the look on your face.

"Hey Daniel are you feeling okay?"

"Uh yeah it's just that felt very.....wrong and uncomfortable."

"What holding you in my magic?"

"Yeah that I would appreciate it if you wouldn't do that without warning in the future."

"If it makes you that uncomfortable then I won't." She looks up to you with a warm smile.

"Thanks it would mean a l-" you are interrupted and find yourself covered with another pony except this time instead of pink you see a rainbow. Also if anybody asks, you had let out a manly yelp not a girly squeal, incase someone asks.

"RAINBOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" You hear twilight yell.

"What does it look like, I'm attacking the monster that just tried to eat you!"

"*sigh* rainbow that's not a monster that's daniel, he's the human I had told you girls about."

"Sooo you weren't about to just get eaten?"

"No rainbow, daniel just tripped and I caught him with my magic."

"Oh.....eh heh whoops my bad."

Rainbow finally gets off you just as your last breath is about to run out allowing you to take in sweet sweet oxygen.

*COUGH* "holy shit what's with ponies and latching onto my face today?!"

"Heh sorry about that dude I kinda thought you were trying to eat my friend here." Says rainbow as you push yourself up to your feet.

"Nah it's cool I've had something similar happen to me earlier today so your good."

"Let me guess, pinkie pie?"

"Yeah, you know her?"

"Know her, she's one of my best friends."

"Yeah I guess a pony like her would be friends with everyone that she meets considering how.........uh eccentric her personality is."

"Yeah that's pinkie pie for ya, you can't meet that mare and not end up becoming her friend, as a matter of fact I'm surprised she hasn't thrown you a party yet."

"She did want to know my favorite kind of cake and frosting earlier when she met me."

"Oh yeah then that definitely means your getting a party either today or tomorrow." Says rainbow before a look of horror crosses her face.

"AH CRAP pinkies first party for a pony is supposed to be a surprise one, she's gonna kill me if she finds out I told you."

"Well technically there is no party yet."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean she never actually told you about a party yet did she?"

"N-no I guess not."

"Soo you never actually told me about a party, you were just making an assumption that there was going to be a party, you can't get in trouble for just guessing."


"Yeah...I guess your right since I was just guessing.....so what are you doing anyway?"

"Well we were going to rarity's but we got caught up in you thinking no daniel was a monster, and speaking of that we really should get to rarity's I also need to make sure spikes behaving."

"Yeah it's should let you two get to that, so see ya." Says the rainbow hair colored pony before she dashes off....heh dash.

"Finally, are you ok daniel she didn't hurt you did she?"

"Nah just a little dusty is all." OK good cause we're here."

You look in front of you and see a building that looks sort of like a carousel you would find at a carnival but way more girlish.

"Hey its kinda looks like a carousel."

"Well it is called the carousel boutique after all."

"Makes sense then I guess."

The two of you then enter the frilly looking building and yup, the inside looks just as frilly as the outside, with decorations and whatnot being everywhere.

Twilight goes over to rarity to talk about your jacket probably but what your more focused on is a scent your picking up on that smells like vanilla, and like any other reasonable person...you follow the smell.

"Where the hell is that coming from?" You ask to know one in particular, but it seems your question has been answered as you approach a door, and you also hear the voice of.....spike?

You have a bright idea and decide to open the door as fast as possible to scare the crap out of him......but you immediately regret this decision based on what you see, spike laying on the bed in a very lewd position with a rose in his mouth.

"...........hi" Says spike with an embarrassed look on his face.

"Sup" is the only word you can respond with.

"You're not gonna tell twilight about this are you?"

"I don't even want to remember this let alone tell someone else about it sooo you're good."

"Good."

"Soooo see you at the castle?"

"Yep."

You take the silence as the perfect cue to leave the room and return back to twilight just finishing a coversation with rarity.

"-he was just here a second, OH there you are."

"Yeah sorry about that kinda zoned out back at the front door." You lie

"It's fine, anyway rarity I'd like you to meet daniel."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." You tell rarity.

"The pleasure is all mine darling, though I must say I was a bit worried in your taste in clothes, that is until I got to work on this jacket of yours." Was that an insult or a compliment?

"Uhh thanks?"

"Your quite welcome darling, and I'm guessing you would like to have your jacket back." Oh god what if she put a bunch of frilly crap on it.

"Yes I would appreciate it." You tell her as you brace yourself for the worst.....only to find that it looks great.

"Wow it looks amazing, hell it looks even better then before it got ruined."
You say in astonishment.

"Well it wouldn't be right to let such a fine article of clothing such as this one just be ok."

She was right this wasn't just an ordinary jacket this thing set you back about 200 dollars since it was made out of some pricy wool and silk.

"Listen I don't have any money right now but I promise that when I do get some I'll make sure to pay you back for this."

"Oh think nothing of it darling, I always love to help a pony down on their luck and based on what twilight had told me, your about as down as it gets."

This chick right here.

"Seriously though thank you this jacket means a lot to me."

"Allrighty the more reason to not charge you, but I'm sure you and twilight have some more errands to run so I should let you get back to it."

"She's right daniel, that paperwork is going to take us a couple hours to do."

"Yeah I guess your right ahead well see you later rarity."

"Goodbye darling."

You and twilight then exit the building, but you poke your head back in for a sec.

"Oh I almost forgot I uh think spikes still waiting for you upstairs." You say before quickly shutting the door, now if you would have waited then you would have seen her face go as red as a Christmas tree decoration.

"So where exactly is our next stop twilight?"

"Well have to go to mare mayor's office."

You reach mare mayor's office, and wonder to yourself if that is her actual name because that's convenient as hell.

"princess twilight how can I help you today?" Says the receptionist at the front desk.

"I'm here to pick up those papers that I requested yesterday."

"Oh yes the paperwork about becoming a citizen of equestria is should have them right here."

Says the girl er mare as she pulls out a verrrrry large stack of papers.

"This is going to take a while." You say to twilight.

"Oh come on its not that bad."

Five hours.....it took five fuckin hours to fill that shit out.

"And lastly all you have to do is sign your name here." Twilight says as you look at the very last thing needed to be filled out.

"And then we're done?"

"Yes"

"Fucking finally."

"It wasn't that bad was it?"

"Twilight, I can't feel my hands."

"Oh don't be such a foul, listen if it makes you happy I'll buy you some lunch before we go to sweet apple acres since that's where rarity told me sweetie belle was going to be today."

You think about before your stomach decided to make the choice for you by making a loud grumble.

"Eh heh yeah food does sound kinda nice right about now."

"Great." Says twilight just as she poofes away the entrance stack of papers to someplace."

"Where'd you send those papers?"

"Just to the archives back at the castle."

You arive at a place that reminds you of a McDonald's back on earth.

Settling for a milkshake and some onion rings due to the fact that the other things are mostly hay based.

Twilight on the hand orders *spoiler* insert over used big smoke reference*spoiler*.

"Not judging or any thing, but damn twilight you think you got enough food."

Twilight looks at you with a small tint on her face.

"It's not my fault, it's just one of the things that comes with being an alicorn, we burn calories off very fast so we compensate by eating large amounts of food."

Yeah she's taking bullshit, she may be a princess but she can't lie for shit.

"Uh huh if you say so."

"J-just eat your food."

The rest of the meal goes on pretty interesting, for you at least as you sit in amazement and also slight terror as you watch the small pony finish her last burger.

"I...but.....HOW the hell is that even possible?"

She looks at you with a, don't judge me kinda look.

*anyway forgetting what I just saw, we're supposed to be heading to uh what was it, sweet apple acres?"

"Yes, we have to go see scootaloo and sweetie belle."

"They are the ones who found me right?"

"Mhmm."

You eventually find yourself self at sweet apple acres and all you can sfay is.

"Hey you think they got enough trees?"

"Well sweet apple acres is a high supplier for all of equestria when it comes apples."

"Damn that must take a lot of work."

"The apples are a hard working family, and speaking of apples there's apple jack up there." Says twilight as she points a bit upset ahead of you two.

"Hey apple jack."

"Well howdy twilight and.....now I know I've never met you before."

"No this would be the first time, the names daniel." You say as you extend you your hand out which she somehow GRABS, and damn does she have a hell of a grip, feels like she could've ripped your arm off.

"The names applejack, now what can I help yall with?"

"We're looking for sweetie belle and scootaloo, rarity told us that they should be here." Says twilight

"Well shoot ya just missed em, they just ran off with applebloom and big Mac to watch him fix fluttershy's roof."

"Really? I thought she would have had discord help her with that."

"Yeah she said that she would normally, but he had to head up to canterlot right quick to help the princess with somethin."

"Huh, I wonder what the princess could need help with."

"It's probably nothin, OH and yer headin over ta fluttershy's right?"

"Yes."

"Could you do me a favor and tell big Mac to send applebloom back?"

"Sure thing."

"Thanks, well I gotta get back ta apple bucking I'll see ya later."

"See later applejack."

"So now we gotta go to......fluttershy's house?"

"Yes, and then that should be the last thing for the day."

"Cool."

So you and twilight make your way towards fluttershy's house which is a pretty far distance away from town, and also pretty close to a forest."

"She lives out near this place."

"Yeah fluttershy is kind of a shy pony so she lives a good distance from others and closer to where she can take care of animals."

"So she likes animals huh?"

"Yeah that's even what her special talent is, taking care of animals."

"Special talent, you mean the tattoos you all have?"

"Tattoo? Oh you mean are cutie marks."

"If you mean the picture on your but then yeah."

"Well a cutie mark is a representation of one's special talent so essentially yes."

"So they just appear?"

"Yes."

You then spot a cozy looking cottage with a large red stallion on top of it.

"So this is fluttershy's house?"

"Yes it is."

"Huh looks pretty nic-." You then see three little heads looking at you from behind a tree.

"Uuhhhh twilight?"

"Yes daniel?"

"Who's that?" You say pointing towards the suspects.

Twilight looks for a second before seeing who your pointing to.

"Oh, girls come out from behind there."

You then see three fillies you think their called come out from behind the tree.

"See sweetie belle I told you it was him." You hear the orange one say

"Well he didn't look that tall when we found him." You hear sweetie belle say.

"What are you girls hiding for?" Asks twilight.

Then the one who your guessing is apple bloom based off the *spoiler* apple *spoiler* on her cutie mark speaks up

"Sweetie belle and scoots told me that they found a strange minotaur creature and we weren't sure if he was it." She says pointing to you.

"Well why don't you ask him?"

Scootaloo then decides to jump in.

"I already know he's the minotaur because he's wearing the same clothes, just without all that blood."

Sweetie belle seems to go a little green at that comment.

"Don't remind me scootaloo that almost made me throw up." Says sweetie belle

"So your a minotaur mister?" Says applebloomm

"Sadly not, I'm actually a human."

"A huemaan?" Awww that little accent.

"Heh yup that's me, a hueman."

"Ha, see if told you he wasn't a minotaur scootaloo." Says sweetie belle.

"Whatever."

"So I hear i have you two to thank for finding me?" You say looking at scootaloo and sweetie belle.

"Uh huh me and scootaloo were going to see rainbow dash at the hospital and we saw you inside a bush and noticed all the blood and ran as fast as we could to find a doctor."

"Yeah." Chimes in scootaloo. "And after that we went to rainbow dashes room and twilight was there and we told them about what we found, then twilight asked what you looked like and after we tolled her she ran off to find the room you were at."

"Really now?" You say looking at twilight.

"Eh heh well when then described something that looked like a scrawny minotaur without fur or horns I had to go see."

"Well I thank you two if it weren't for you I probably would have bled out."

"It's, all in a days work for a future wonderbolt member." Says scootaloo as she does a little prideful pose.

"Wonderbolt what's that?"

Scootaloo looks at you like you just asked what the color blue is.

"Only the coolest flying team ever, and when I grow up I'm going to be one just like rainbow dash."

"Oh is rainbow your sister or something?

"I wish, but no she's my idol."

"Well I wish you luck then"."

"Thanks."

"Oh hey applebloom remember how you bet me that we didn't find a creature." Says scootaloo.

"*sigh* yeah I remember, let's go back to the farm." She says before her and Scootaloo start walking back to the farm leaving sweetie belle."

"Uh aren't you gonna go with your friends?" You ask.

"Yeah but first I wanted to ask you your name."

"Oh I never did tell you did I?"

She shakes her head

"Well my names daniel.

"Cool thanks." She says before running to catch up to her friends.

"Soo are we finished now?" You ask.

"Originally yes, but I want to ask fluttershy why discord is up at canterlot."

So you go to fluttershy door and twilight knocks on it, when it opens you see a yellow mare who is probably fluttershy.

"Oh hello twilight and......"

"Fluttershy this is daniel he's the one that was in the hospital."

"Oh dear I um hope that your allright."

"Nah I'm fine just a couple scratches."

"Oh but even scratches can still hurt, like this one time I had um tripped and got a cut on my leg."

"Well I'm sure you probably just walked it off."

"Oh yes even though it did hurt it wasn't something to cry about."

"Hey fluttershy?"

"Yes twilight?"

"Could I talk to you really quick about something."

"Of course twilight."

"Be right back daniel." Says twilight before shutting the door.

You lean up against the cottage for a few minutes until you see a tall red stallion turn the corner, he seems to notice you and stops for a second before continuing.

"Hey your big Mac right?"

"Yup"

He looks around a bit before saying something.

"You seen my Lil sister?"

"Applebloom?" He nods.

"Uh yeah her and her friends just ran back to sweet apple acres."

"Worried for a sec huh?" He nods again.

"Yeah I know what that's like always got a watch out for your younger siblings huh."

"Yup."

"You don't say a lot do you?"

"Nope."

The front door opens and out come fluttershy and twilight.

"Oh, big Mac did you finish already."

"Yup."

"Well I have your bits inside so I'll be a second if that's allright."He nods.

You and twilight have been walking for a few minutes.

"So can we go back to the castle now?" You ask.

"NO." Twilight blurts out.

"Uh i mean we still have one last thing."

"But you said that we didn't have anything else left."

"I promise that this is the last thing."

"Fine as long as you promise."

So when twilight said one last thing she apparently ment you just standing outside of a little Shop for about 15 minutes.

"Finally what took you so long?"

"Oh I just had to talk to somepony about something

"Uh huh, so now are we going back to the castle?"

"Yes."

The two of you approach the doors of the castle.

"Fucking finally that took forever."

"It was only 10 minutes."

"Yeah but I'm hungry so it felt like 20." You say as twilight and you step into the castle.

Your about to ask twilight why it's so dark in here until you hear a verrrrry loud sound.

"SUPPRRIISE."

now once again you did not shriek like a little girl.

"HOLY hell pinkie you scared me."

"Well duh danny that's the whole point of a surprise party."

"How did you even manage this in less then a day."

"That's a secret and if I told you it wouldn't be a secret anymore now would it."

"Got me there pinkie."

"You bet I do, now who's READY TO PARTY!!! Pinkie yells out to the crowd, and in cue the dj starts playing some dubstep, and pinkie runs off to go party.

"Hey dude." You hear from next to you.

"Oh, hey rainbow."

"You did a great job selling that fake supprise I almost thought you were actually scared, I mean that scream was so high pitched I think you broke one of the windows up in canterlot.

"Uh yeah totally faked." You had honestly completely forgot about this party.

"Well imma let you get back to taking to ponies plus there's a mug a cider over there with my name on it." She says before running off to get it.

You notice that twilight has run off to go join the party as well leaving you alone that is until you see spike talking with rarity over by the cupcakes.

"Hmm I could really use a cupcake but is talking to spike right now worth it."
You decide it is as you walk over to the cupcakes, spike seems to notice as well and coughs on his drink.

"Uh hey Daniel about earlier."

"Don't worry about it spike my lips are sealed."

"Yeah I wanted to thank you for not telling anyone, uh so does rarity but she's a bit to embarrassed heh."

You look over and see that her face is red and she's definitely avoiding eye contact.

"And to say thanks rarity made you these." he hands you a bit neatly wrapped with a bow. "There's also something from me in there to."

"Thanks spike."

"No problem."

"And thank you as well rarity."

"O- of course."

You spend around 20 more minutes eating cupcakes chugging hot sauce like a pro against pinkie pie andtalking to different ponies before you decide to sneak off to your room.

"Ah finally some piece and quite." You say to yourself before setting the gift from spike and rarity down next to your phone, and falling face first into the most comfortable bed you've ever felt.

"Oh god this bed feels amazing." You once again say to yourself also thinking that if anybody were to hear you that they would probably think your crazy for talking to yourself.

You are about to fall asleep before you here your door open.

"Daniel are you in here?" You hear twilight.

"Yeah twilight I'm here." You sit up on the front edge of the bed.

"I was just kinda worried since I couldn't find you in had thought you were upset or something." She says as she sits up next to you.

"Nah just taking a break, kinda loud in there.

"Yeah it's one of pinkie pies party's so there pretty crazy."

"Yeah she's a crazy mare but in a good way I guess."

"Yeah....OH I almost forgetting the other reason I came to find you."

"And what would that be?"

"This." She says as she poofes up a medium sized box.

"And what's in that."

"Well open it and find out." She says as she hands you the box.

You take the box and open it to find a camera and a book labeled memories.

"Now I know it's not much but I figure since I can't send you back to your world and you don't have a lot to remind you of home I would give you a gift that would help you make this place feel like home." She says looking at you with a gentle smile.

You can't really think of anything to say, thank you won't work, sure it's not the most amazing gift in the world but it's the reason behind the gift that makes it special. So you decide on a simple thing.

"Do you not li-eep." Exclaims twilight as you pull her into a hug. A simple thing yes but it means a lot.

"Of course I like it twilight it's an amazing gift."

"Really I mean I wasn't sure if you would like it or if you even would use it."

"Of course I'll use it....in fact I'll use it right now." You say as you pick up the camera and adjust it.

You then pull twilight closer to your side and wrap and arm around her, she does the same thing but with her wing'

"Allright now on the count of three smile.......one....two...three!

You and twilight put on your biggest grins you got as you hear the click of the camera itself, and you watch as it spits out a picture.

"Hey twilight do you have a pen?"

"No sorry every time I would try to bring one through the portal it would always change to a quill."

"I guess a quill would work." You say as she poofes up a quill and ink.

Under the picture in the white margin you write.

First day, first friend.

You the carefully slip the developed photo into the very first pouch of your new memories book.

You look over to twilight and see that she has passed out.

"Heh guess you were more tired then I was."

You gently pick her up and began to look for her room, it not being to far from your and also having bigger and flashier doors as well so it's not very hard.

You lay her down in her bed and cover her with the blankets. Then return to your own bed after kicking your shoes off next to your dresser.

Sleep comes very easily.

Author's Note:

I forgot to mention spike is older in this but he is still smaller then daniel that's why he had called him little

Also if the characters seem to be missing a certain trait like how rainbow dash always calls herself awsome, it's because I feel as if they have grown and matured more after all of their adventures, and that the show has them mature during an episode about them but any other time they just go back to normal.

Kinda like how fluttershy has gotten over her shyness like twelve times only to be super shy again later on.