• Published 9th Aug 2017
  • 3,476 Views, 58 Comments

Spring Break - pabrony



Sunny and Twi head out for a semi-private vacation during spring break.

  • ...
10
 58
 3,476

Last Day

“Oh my head,” I moaned as I woke up the next morning and rubbed my eyes. There was a familiar damp spot on my shoulder from Twi drooling on me in her sleep. “You awake?” I asked.

“Five more minutes,” Twi mumbled.

“Sounds good.”

“Did last night really happen?” asked Twi quietly.

I looked around the room and noticed a pair of black vinyl outfits laying on our saddlebags.

“I'm ninety-nine percent sure that last night did happen. The proof is laying on our bags.”

Looking at bags, Twi asked, “What are we going to do with those?”

“I don't know,” I sighed. “We can't leave them here because of Dawnie.”

“And we probably can't take them home because they'll more than likely expand to human sizes,” added Twi.

I took a couple minutes to try thinking of a solution while Twi began to massage my back with one of her hoofs.

“I got an idea,” I said excitedly.

“Do tell.”

“Why don't we keep them at Twilight's Castle? She's got a room specifically for us so we can hang them in the closet.” I said as Twi continued to massage my back.

“Sounds good. But what are you going to tell Princess Twilight when she asks where we got these?”

I felt a mischievous smile appear on my face just before answering. “Let's tell her the truth and get a laugh from the obvious freak out she will have from it.”

“That's kind of mean,” Twi scolded.

“I know but I haven't-”

“SUNSET SHIMMER!” shouted mom from the bottom of the stairs. “YOU AND SCITWI BETTER GET DOWN HERE IF YOU WANT BREAKFAST BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR PONYVILLE!”

“Coming, Mom!” I shouted back.

“Too bad you weren't,” Twi said before giving me a kiss.

“What am I going to do with you?”

“Love me forever.”

So we got out of bed, got everything packed in our saddlebags and slowly staggered down the stairs. We hadn't even got seated before Dad started up.

“Nice to find out there wasn't any adult language coming from your room last night,” he said with a smirk.

“We just came in and went to bed, Dad,” I replied. “The fair took a lot out of us and then the dinner at the palace took longer than we planned.”

“I see,” he responded, still smirking.

I just rolled my eyes and groaned as Mom levitated a three-course breakfast to the table.

“So there's a couple of things I, er, we'd like to discuss with the two of you before you go home,” Mom said.

“What's tha-” I started before she interrupted and began a line of questioning that would put some of Pinkie’s ramblings to shame.

“So when is the wedding? Are you having it in Equestria or the other place? Will you both be wearing dresses? Where do you plan on having the honeymoon? Are you going to have foals? If so, are you going to adopt? When can we expect the grand foals?”

I felt my face turn to fire as I buried my head in my hooves as the rapid-fire questioning continued. Twi was also red in the face but at the same time giggling like a school filly.

“Hun?” Dad finally interrupted after what felt like hours.

“Yes?”

“One question at a time. You've got Sunset so embarrassed that she can't even look at us.”

“Thank you, Dad,” I mumbled through my hooves.

“Sorry. I probably would've done this yesterday but we were upset about the fact that you forgot to cast a certain spell the night before,” Mom explained.

“We're really sorry, Mrs. Dawn. It's actually my fault because of… you know,” Twi said sheepishly. I managed to lift my head enough to see the adorable sight of her blushing as she continued. “I've never had to deal with, well, urges this strong before plus the excitement of becoming engaged mere hours beforehand and-”

“Please dear, I understand,” said Mom as she walked around the table to comfort Twi. “It happens to me a few times a year as well. And please call me Mom. Okay?”

“Sure.”

“Now that that’s out of the way, let's get back to the subject of grand foals,” Mom said with a grin.

“Mom, please!” I begged as I lifted my head to face her. “We haven't even discussed the wedding yet. Heck, we haven't even graduated for that matter. One thing at a time. I beg of you.”

Twi was busy snickering the whole time, as were Dawnie and Dad. While they had their fun, I could only cover my face with my hooves and mane to hide the mortified look that I knew was on my face.

“At least she didn't get the baby pictures out,” Twi whispered in my ear.

“Please don't give her any ideas,” I groaned from under my mane.

Almost on cue, I heard a thump on the table along with the accompanying vibration. I hope that's not what I think it is, I thought.

“Before you girls leave, we need to show you something, SciTwi,” said Mom enthusiastically.

“Don't. You. Dare,” I fussed.

I heard the scraping of the chair as Twi got down from the table and the subsequent hoofsteps as she walked around it.

“This is Sunny when we brought her home from the hospital for the first time. Wasn't she a cute filly? Oh, oh, here she is levitating her very first book. We were so proud of her that day…”

I tried my best to teleport out of there but the embarrassment was too much for me to focus. I knew then how Twi felt almost two months prior when her parents did the same thing to her.


The train ride back to Ponyville was the longest trip I ever took. The awkward silence between me and Twi finally ended after my fiancé attempted to make small talk.

“So, um, nice weather we're having,” she said nervously.

“There's no need to be cliché, babe,” I responded. “I'm just still mortified from my parents. That's gotta be close to how you felt when your parents did that.”

“Not really. I mean, sure I was a little embarrassed but I saw them do the same thing to Shining Armor when he started dating Cadence so I was kinda prepared for it. What?”

“I was just thinking.”

“About what?”

“Something Mom asked about.”

“Children?”

“Yes. I mean, I wanted to wait until after the honeymoon to discuss that subject but after her Pinkie Pie-ish rambling and my baby pictures, I started wondering if I wanted children or not.”

Twi rubbed my back and softly nuzzled my cheek as she answered, “Like you told your mom, one thing at a time. Let's get the prom and graduation over with then we can focus on the wedding and everything else after that.”

“Thanks, babe,” I said, returning the nuzzle. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Sunny Wunny,” she said in a tone that you would talk to a baby in. “You were just the cutest wittle fiwwy wiwwy in all of Equestwia. Weren't you?”

I furrowed my eyebrows as she began giggling at her own joke. I loved her more than anything and nothing would change that. Not even an eternity of embarrassment from my family. As I continued to think about the questions Mom had barraged me and Twi with, I gazed into Twi’s eyes, reached my hoof behind her neck and pulled her into long, passionate kiss.


“How was your trip to Canterlot and the Crystal Empire?” Twilight asked when we entered the castle library.

“Pretty good for the most part,” I said, giving Twi a wink.

“Great to hear. I'm assuming you did everything you wanted to since there's a ring on Twi’s horn.”

Twi pressed her body against mine and nuzzled my chin as she replied, “We met Donut Joe, reconnected with Sunny's family, enjoyed the Crystal Fair and each other, looked at baby pictures and made out with Princess Celestia.”

“You mean made up, right?” Twilight asked, cringing.

“Well…” I said, trying to stall.

“You honestly didn't do… that with Princess Celestia,” Twilight said as a noticeable panic began to build.

Twi and I looked each other and began to laugh at Twilight's breakdown, knowing that it was about to get worse.

“WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! YOU… YOU… how could you…? She was your mentor for pony's sake! I… Oh no… I will not be hearing the end of this,” Twilight panicked as her veins showed through her coat and her left eye began twitching uncontrollably. “I can't believe this. This is just another prank, right? Right?”

“I… I... I wish it… wish it was,” I said as me and Twi were rolling on the floor laughing.

“You… you want to… to know what else?” Twi asked.

“What else is there to know? What could possibly be worse than this?” Twilight continued.

Twi composed herself just long enough to answer her doppelganger. “She. Liked. It.”

“WHAAAAT?!?”

I was howling with laughter by this point. I had tears pouring down my cheeks from laughing so hard. Sure I was against the whole idea of an erotic night with Celestia initially, but after we received our outfits, I reversed my stance on Twi's plans.

“Ummm, everything alright in here, sugarcube?” pony Applejack said as she poked her head in the library.

“Yeah. Sure. Nothing the matter at all. Just having a talk with Sunset and her girlfriend,” Twilight said in an unconvincing tone.

“Y’all sure? Yer eye is twitchin’ pretty bad there.”

“Yep. I mean, it's not like I just found out that my mentor had a sexual encounter with two of my friends sometime within the last twenty-four hours. So everything is just peachy.”

Applejack stared at us for a moment and then looked back at Twilight before joining in the laughter. I don't know if she started laughing at me and Twi's antics or Twilight's meltdown.

“Oh wait ‘til Dash hears about this,” Applejack said after settling down.

“No, no, no! No, no! No! Please don't do that! All of Equestria will know about it within hours,” Twilight begged as sweat began running down her face.

“Ah’m just pullin’ yer leg, Twilight. Ah wasn't gonna tell anyone. Y’all ain't got nothing ta worry ‘bout,” Applejack reassured.

While Twilight moved to the next level in her breakdown, hyperventilating, the journal that was connected to mine began vibrating. I wiped the tears from my eyes, levitated it in front of me and opened it to the most recent message.

Everyone's here at the statue waiting whenever you're ready to come home and we have a big surprise to show you when you get here.

-Fluttershy

“Well, I think it's time to wrap up this meltdown, Twilight,” I said as a few errant chuckles still escaped my lips.

“What? Why?”

“Because everyone's at the statue waiting for us to return,” I replied before turning my attention to Twi. “Can you put our ‘royal outfits’ in the closet of our room while I reply to Fluttershy, babe?”

“Royal... outfits?” Twilight said weakly before finally passing out.

“Y'all probably should get going so ya don't keep yer friends waitin’ too long,” Applejack said. “Don't worry about Twilight. Me an’ the girls will make sure she's a’ight.”

Twi went to store our mistress outfits in the closet of our castle bedroom while I went to the mirror room to get the portal set up. I lucked out in the fact that all I had to do was set the original journal that used to belong to Princess Celestia in the tray above the mirror to activate it. A few minutes later I was joined by Twi and after a quick kiss, we held hooves and stepped through the mirror.

Author's Note:

To clear things up, although it was never mentioned, Sunset left her journal with Fluttershy before they went to Equestria.

Click here for the "dinner" with Celestia.

Click here for the next part in the series.

Comments ( 5 )

Not sure if i would have ended it there or on the other side of the mirror . .
Otherwise, a good story, could do with a second proof reading though.

I furrowed my eyebrows as she began giggling at her own joke. I loved her more than anything and nothing would change that. Not even an eternity of embarrassment from my family. As I continued to think about the questions Mom had barraged me and Twi with, I gazed into Twi’s eyes, reached my hand behind her neck and pulled her into long, passionate kiss.

Hand? Hand?!
mlpforums.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://pre00.deviantart.net/d561/th/pre/f/2012/061/8/0/super_happy_lyra_by_moonbrony-d4rh5hv.png&key=d875579b638ff67da21d840b968742cbd7f4445fed3dd37beb9211b5f01b3805
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS!

Other than that and a second grammar check, great job! Can't wait to see how Pinkie reacts to the ring! And let's hope it's not embedded in her forehead when she gets back...

Needs and epilogue. Besides that, great.

~Crystalline Electrostatic~

This was sweet, cute, and touching. Have a like:twilightsmile:... and a fave.:pinkiehappy:

I feel like a bit more weight could've been put on the offer to give Sunset wings. Kind of a momentous event. Aside from that, most enjoyable romp about Equestria.

Login or register to comment