• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 809 Views, 1 Comments

Equestria: Alexi's Journey - OJ Orbit



A sequel to Hooves and Hands: A Dimensional Crossing of Worlds. It follows Alexi's in Equestria.

  • ...
 1
 809

Lost

Dear Journal, I have now arrived at this Everfree forest. The kind Griffin has dropped me here, and now I am that much closer to Rainbow Dash. I must follow her instructions, approximately1 mile forward, then go left until I reach outskirts of Ponyville. I am so close, I must continue. These last few days have been Hell, but now my journey may finally end.


I do not know what lies in this forest…It looks like I might just find out. Good thing I brought gun…



Alexi stood outside the edge to the Everfree forest, staring at the tree line. Strange sounds emitted from the bushes and tree leaves, and he was hesitant to enter, but he knew that Rainbow Dash was on the other end of that forest, time to do what he does next, not think, just do.



He darted into the forest, looked every which way to figure out the correct way. He followed his instinct for a while, going forward and counting his steps so he wouldn’t lost track when he got to a mile.



“1 Simple mile can’t possibly be THAT bad. It is just a forest.”



He kept telling himself that, even though secretly he was afraid of going off anywhere on his own. As a child his mother used to tell him stories of witches and goblins that stole little children when they went off exploring. He still had fears that something would kill him or grab him before he could complete his quest. If he was going to die, he wanted Dash right next to him.



In the current time he was in, back in his world, he had heard tales of many figures that supposedly lurked in the woods, even though he could never quite remember the names. Slender men, whatever it was, boogie man, dragons, hydras. Not that he believed in such things, although he could have sworn that he saw a very gangly white pony lurking through the trees, stalking him…



He wandered, certain this was the correct direction, but secretly hoping that he could just teleport, he didn’t want to be here. He was almost near that mile mark, only a few hundred meters to go. He kept count as the sounds from the bushes got louder, and stranger. Eventually the sounds sounded like they were coming from behind him, every time he would turn around, nothing would be there and the sounds would cease…



Alexi was starting to ponder if he was going crazy from not having Rainbow Dash there, although that seemed a little too desperate for him to say that. He continued, peering over his shoulder every now and then to see if something was following him.



“Gremlins…must be gremlins…”



As he walked, the sounds once again got louder, eventually he was tired of it. He reached for his revolver and reared around.



“Who is following me!?”



He saw nothing, Only slight rustling in the bushes.



CRACK! He fired once into the bushes. Nothing happened.



He went over to the bush to see what it was that was in it, and all he saw was the head of a chicken…peering out from bush.



“Chicken? I was scared of chicken?”



Little did he know that it was actually the dreaded cockatrice, which he had heard many tales about since his first arrival in Ponyville.



“This would make one excellent dinner.”

He bent down to grab it and snap his neck, he had a lot of experience in that, but when he went to grab it, it fluttered up to reveal the rest of it’s ugly body. Alexi shielded his eyes before firing twice at the revolting creature, which didn’t do much, since he couldn’t see the animal. He turned around and started to run quickly through the forest, so that he wouldn’t be turned into soulless stone by that ungodly creature.



He didn’t run far before he was sure he had escaped the awful cockatrice. Soon he was back on the path to Ponyville, although he wasn’t sure that he entirely going the right way.



He shuffled through the forest, refusing to admit he was lost, and nearly dying of starvation about a dozen times. As he walked he gathered blueberries from bushes around him, and stuffed them in the scorched pocket of his trench coat.



He came to stop randomly, to catch his breath, he was tired. He was sure he was on the path to Ponyville, but he didn’t know exactly how far away it was. He sat down next to a small tree, and proceeded to devour his blueberries. He was used to living off of almost nothing, but he was never this hungry before. This was the first meal in a long time that he hadn’t drank himself nearly to death with vodka after eating a meal. He didn’t get halfway though his berries before a strange growl emitted from behind him.



“That does not sound good…” he said to himself with a mouth full of berries.



He turned his head to see what had made that noise. He came face to face with a manticore, a hungry one at that. No doubt it caught a whiff of his berries and wanted them for himself. Alexi thought a billion thoughts in a split second, what would he do? He put the berries in his pocket and whipped out his revolver, aiming it directly at the manticores head. The creature swung a paw and knocked the weapon right out of his hands, pretty far away to.



The beast swung it’s paw again to hit Alexi, but Alexi quickly dived down towards his gun. He didn’t reach it, but when he got up

He didn’t have far to run. He grabbed it and put a bullet in the Manticores paw, but the thing kept coming, blood gushing from its paw.



Alexi hesitated, he grabbed the berries from his pocket and threw it into the face of the manticore, hoping to distract it. After that he turned and bolted, disregarding which direction he was going. He ran for what seemed like a good 30 minutes before crashing down.



Tired, hungry, and sleepy, he went to a large oak tree and laid himself upon it, and stared up at the stars.



Dear Journal, It is official, I am lost. I am starving, I am tired, and I am running out of vodka…There is nothing here and this forest is death sentence for men. I hope that this is not my final entry, but if it should be, and I die within the confines of this green prison, that I died hunting for Rainbow Dash, should they find body and if she is still living when I am found…This better not be my last entry, otherwise, if there is a hell, the devil should expect his tail between his legs.



The stars are quite beautiful here in Equestria…I do not know what names they call them, or perhaps they are same names as they were back home. Hyperion, Polaris, and many others, I can see them all. Tomorrow I must make more ground, provided I am not lost. I must make it out of this damned hell hole. Spokoynoy nochi, ya nadeyues’, chto ya zhivu


He drifted off the sleep under that oak tree, and hoped that he would awake the next morning. He slept like a log, lost in a foreign land, hoping he would live to see Rainbow Dash again. That night he dreamt of her, imagining her beautiful figure, her mane, everything. He never wanted his dream to end.



But all great things must come to an end…



Luckily his greatest thing didn’t.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment