• Published 28th Jul 2017
  • 3,403 Views, 51 Comments

Twilight Destiny - Shadow Master



Twilight Sparkle, Spike and Nyx venture to new world in getting the crown, stopping Sunset Shimmer and restore Mane Five to their true selves!

  • ...
19
 51
 3,403

Chapter 7: Helping Twilight Win the Crown

At Ponyville Town of Equestria Realm; both Royal Sisters and Cutie Mark Crusaders were helping and assisting Mane Five, in getting used to their old job they're very good at. And hopefully, they should able to restore their friends' cutie marks.

At Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom was teaching and training Applejack about what she can do with her farming responsibility. Unfortunately, her older sister was unable to control her strength well. She sometimes gave an apple-bucking too hard in kicking the tree from the ground. And sometimes, she kicked it too soft. Nevertheless, she did her best to get apple-bucking until she gets it right.

After ten rounds she practices, Applejack did it right as the apples fell on the basket. Apple Bloom and her family clapped their hooves happily.

"Woohoo! You did it, sis!" Apple Bloom cheered happily, "You finally got the right way to do apple bucking!"

Applejack sighed, "Thanks, Apple Bloom. And It wasn't easy. That's done?"

"Actually, there's more to do," Apple Bloom said as she pointed at dozens of apple trees ahead. Looking at the landscape, it scared Applejack yelped off. She nodded, "And don't forget about the chores. We've gotta keep the farm clean, animals fed and the apples healthy. We'd be bringing your true self and cutie mark back in no time!"

Applejack groaned in defeat and shock as she fell on her back hard. She then looked very dizzy like she has a headache. This surprised Apple Bloom and her family.

Apple Bloom hissed in concern, "Okay. This may take a while..."


At Carousal Boutique, Sweetie Belle was doing her best to teach Rarity about the fashions, fabrics and tools she can used to make dresses and suits. Unfortunately, the older white unicorn looked nervous and worried as she struggled in making a good and perfect elegant clothes, even though she studied them carefully. The little unicorn kept on encouraged her to keep on trying. And the result is that most of them were messy and terrible.

"Oh..." Rarity said in concern, "And I thought controlling and handling weather is difficult..."

Sweetie Belle sighed, "At least, this is safe and better than that."

"Sweetie Belle, I don't think I can do it," Rarity said in concern while looking at the dresses and even her art block, "There were all terrible and horrible! I'm not fashionista!"

"Yes, you are, Rarity! You just need help and faith. And I'm gonna do my best to make sure that you get your cutie mark back and remembered of being fashionista!"

"Sweetie Belle... Do you mean it?"

Sweetie Belle nodded proudly. Rarity smiled while sobbed tearfully in joy. Both sisters hugged each other passionately and happily for the moment. They then resumed back to their work, and hopefully they can succeed it.


Scootaloo was shouting and crying at Rainbow Dash about what she can do with handling the weather. And unfortunately, the daredevil Pegasus got herself injured and electrocuted by the stormy clouds when she got to close to them or even tried to hit them. After got hit for ten times, Rainbow Dash slammed to the ground hard.

"Rainbow Dash! Are you okay?" Scootaloo asked in concern.

Rainbow Dash groaned in pain, "I'm fine. I'd think I would like to go back to my old job."

"This is your old job! And Rainbow Dash I know would never ever give up from the fight or even tried to run away from some stupid clouds."

"Whoa... I'd sure wish I could be like her."

Scootaloo smiled, "Yes, you still can. You still can do awesome because you are one!"

"Scootaloo," Rainbow Dash asked in surprise. She smiled before patted her fan's head, "Alright, then! Rainbow Dash is gonna do her awesome moves! Hopefully, I'd get my cutie mark back!"

Scootaloo squealed and cheered happily in supporting her idol. Rainbow Dash flew back to the sky as she began beating the clouds off; though she get wounded and injured by lightning, storm and tornado.


At the cottage, Princess Luna was assisting Fluttershy in taking care of the animals. However, it wasn't easy as they once thought. They did their best to help the animals, but some of them were very rough and rude while others were scared and worried. And of course, they don't understand the animals' languages either.

Fluttershy and Princess Luna escaped the cottage, leaving the animals to fight among themselves. They all panted heavily as they were taking a break.

Fluttershy sighed, "Oh my. That... That is scary. Who has this crazy idea of putting many animals together in this place?"

"You did, Fluttershy," Princess Luna answered flatly. Fluttershy blushed in embarrassment and shame. She sighed while patted the shy Pegasus, "Don't be a shame, Fluttershy. It shows how much you really care for them. You'd never abandon them because they need you more than you need them."

"I'm not sure I can do this."

"Yes, you can, Fluttershy. Be kind and gentle."

Fluttershy hummed in concern yet thoughtfully, "Okay. I'll try my best."

Princess Luna smiled, "Do not worry, Fluttershy. I'm here to help you."

With it settled, both Princess Luna and Fluttershy returned to the cottage as they have to calm the animals down and get everything under control before it gets out of control.


Princess Celestia and Pinkie Pie were entertaining the guests and customers at the Sugarcube Corner. While the princess enjoyed it very much, but the pink Earth Pony wasn't due to ponies throwing pies and cakes at her for not being funny. They were now taking a break.

"That was fun. I miss this joy so much," Princess Celestia remarked happily. She turned and looked at saddened Pinkie Pie, "Are you alright, Pinkie Pie? Don't you enjoy it?"

Pinkie Pie hummed in concern, "Not really. I don't think I'm good at this. I'm not sure if this is really my job."

"Pinkie Pie, I assure you that this is. You just need to enjoy the fun and be happy."

"Is that is? No rules or something?"

"Nope. Just smile and laugh for fun. That is your rule?"

"Wow. I did?" Pinkie Pie asked in surprised. Princess Celestia nodded. She hummed thoughtfully before smiled weakly, "Okay. I could try again."

Princess Celestia smiled, "That's the spirit. Let's have some cupcakes first."

Pinkie Pie nodded happily as both she and Princess Celestia have some cupcakes and drinks. They then returned to hall, resuming the entertaining the customers.


After revealing the truth to her newly Human Friends, they willingly do whatever they can to help Twilight Sparkle win the crown while stopping Sombra and Sunset Shimmer from getting Element of Magic.

At Sugarcube Corner, Twilight Sparkle and her friends were having some drinks. And at the same time, they were discussing and planning of what they can do to help her win competition. Cutie Mark Crusaders were discussing about something important involving Nyx, who remained uneasy and concern about it. Three of them turned and looked at her.

"So... What's up?" Nyx asked uneasily.

"After what has happen for two days," Apple Bloom said calmly. She smiled, "we've been doing some thinking about you."

Sweetie Belle nodded in agreement, "Yeah. You have helped us a lot especially getting my sisters and her friends becomes friends again."

"So, we decided to do you a favor. No a best present," Scootaloo said proudly, "A best present you ever get and never forget for the rest of your life!"

Nyx was surprised yet happy, "Aw. You don't have to do this..."

"We must! We are friends!" Cutie Mark Crusaders insisted, "We insist!"

Nyx was surprised by Cutie Mark Crusaders' insistence and pleading. She decided not to against it. She nodded to accept it. They then showed and passed the present box to her. She took and looked at it closely and carefully. She then opened it. She gasped in surprise upon looking at a red cape with CMC Symbol.

"No way..." Nyx said in surprise, "Is this..."

"Yes! Your very own Cutie Mark Crusader's Cape!" Cutie Mark Crusaders declared proudly, "Welcome to the Cutie Mark Crusaders!"

Nyx gasped, "You mean it?" Cutie Mark Crusaders nodded in agreement. She smiled happily, "I-I don't know what to say..."

Cutie Mark Crusaders smiled as they hugged Nyx happily, "Say 'thank you'!"

Nyx smiled as she hugged them back, "Thanks."

At the counter, Twilight Sparkle was waiting to collect her strawberry milkshake from Mrs. Cake as the owner was almost finished it.

"And... can I get mine with extra oats?" Twilight Sparkle asked. Mrs. Cake looked surprise as she looked at her. She yelped in realization, "Uh, scratch that. However you normally make it is fine."

Mrs Cake shrugged as she passed the strawberry milkshake to Twilight Sparkle. The teenager took it. As she turned to the front, she accidentally bumped into someone while spilling her drinks on him. She looked worry as she faced at Flash Sentry, who was both surprised and shocked by the accident.

Instead of angry, Flash Sentry smiled and joked, "Oh! We've got to stop bumping into each other like this."

Twilight Sparkle giggled uneasily, "You know me! Always trying to make a big splash around here. 'Cause my drink kinda splashed... on the ground!"

Twilight Sparkle then laughed nervously. Flash Sentry smiled gently at her. She was surprised and amazed by him for smiling gently, instead of being angry. This is her first time to meet a male human. She shook her head to be snapped back to reality.

Twilight Sparkle smiled, "I'm gonna go over there now."

Flash Sentry nodded in understanding. Twilight Sparkle moved to her friends' sides at once while sitting on the furniture's arms. She sighed in relief while looking at him, wiping the dirt off his shirt while ordering his drinks. Aftermath, he headed off while winked at her. She smiled and waved 'goodbye' to him.

"Don't even think about it!" Rarity warned Twilight Sparkle, "You're already trying to get her crown. Who knows what Sunset Shimmer would do if you ended up getting her ex-boyfriend too?"

"Huh? Ex-boyfriend?" Twilight Sparkle asked in surprise, "How?"

"Well, before Sombra came here, both Sunset and Flash used to be best friends," Applejack explained calmly. She sighed, "They both were in love. And let me tell, Twilight; they both helped a lot of students and even do the charity too. They were both known as 'Musical Couples' because they were good in music."

Fluttershy nodded, "But because of Sombra here, "Flash Sentry broke up with her a few weeks ago because of some incidents and rumors he heard of. He was heartbroken and upset about it."

"I can't believe she hasn't done something awful to him yet." Pinkie Pie said in concern.

Rainbow Dash scoffed while crossed her arms, "I'd say she's just waiting until she has the power to do something really awful."

"Or maybe..." Twilight Sparkle said thoughtfully, "Sunset still has feelings for him. She just want him back to love her."

"Either way, we should focus on task now," Lightningblade said firmly, "Dance is tomorrow night, and we need to help Twilight gets the votes to be named princess."

Burnblast cringed and groaned, "Yeah. Everyone knows the Twilight from the videos Sunset Shimmer posted online." He scoffed while patted Twilight Sparkle's head gently, "If we're gonna turn the tide, we need something to show her that she is no pushover."

Everyone chatted and remarked in agreement as they began thinking and brainstorming the ideas of what they can or can't do to help their friend.

Rarity gasped as she stood up and screamed, "I'VE GOT IT!"

Everyone yelped and gasped in shock as they turned and looked at her. She yelped and blushed in embarrassment. Her friends groaned in annoyance while some have facepalmed about her dramatic ways.

"Ahem. I mean, um, perhaps I have a solution." Rarity said calmly as she approached to her bag. She opened it. She then showed both pony's yellow-blue stripes ear headband-like and tail props, "Now this may be an absolutely preposterous idea, but what if we all wore these as a sign of unity?"

Her friends were surprised by Rarity's plans and props. What is she planning now?

"Freshman year, they were very, very popular." Rarity explained, "A way for everybody to show their school spirit! You know? 'Go, Canterlot Wondercolts!'" She sighed in disappointment, "Ahem. I haven't sold any in ages."

"So, what exactly the point of using these, Rarity?" Spike asked curiously.

Nyx nodded, "Yeah. It sounds like it's gonna help us win this competition."

"Yes, that's the plan. I mean, the five of us are obviously very different, but deep down, we're all Canterlot Wondercolts!" Rarity said calmly as she passed some of Canterlto Wondercolts props to her friends, "Sunset Shimmer is the one who divided us, Twilight Sparkle is the one who united us. And we're gonna let everyone know it! What do you think?"

Everyone gave some thinking about what Rarity's idea. They all smiled and nodded of approval, and even two teachers agreed. Rarity squealed happily as she held and hugged Twilight Sparkle happily and passionately.

Lightningblade nodded, "This ought to be interesting..."

"Can't wait to see how it goes," Burnblast said amusingly.


At nighttime, Mane Five and their friends have returned to Golden Oak Library after a long day of working with the original jobs. While both Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders were sleeping, Royal Sisters were having private discussion on the room's balcony.

"Sister, I'm afraid it isn't working," Princess Luna said in concern, "Starswirl's theory failed. It's impossible to restore their cutie marks and true selves now..."

Princess Celestia sighed, "This can't be. This is the only solution we have found. There must be something we're missing."

"I don't think we have much time. We only have two more days for these girls get their original cutie marks. And not only that, I feared she and her family won't make it back."

"They have to. They've got to. The girls need Twilight..."

"How can you be certain that she find answers to this?"

"I don't, Luna. But I mustn't lose faith on my student. And I know she can do it. She made the impossible possible."

Princess Luna hummed in concern while looked at the moon, "I certainly hope so. I hope the prophecy is coming true."

"It will. She must be the one," Princess Celestia said calmly and firmly.


On the next day, the students were on the break. They were all enjoying their lunches and drinks, as well as minding their own business as usual. While the students were distracted; Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders were in their position - Rarity was among Fashionista Class, Rainbow Dash in Athlete Class, Fluttershy was at Eco Class, Applejack and Cutie Mark Crusaders were sitting in their own table and Pinkie Pie is at the counter. They all worn their blue sweater with Canterlot Wondercolt logo, pony ear headband and tying tails belt around their waists.

Both Burnblast and Lightning were using cameras in recording the whole scene. They both gave the signal to the girls to begin their plans.

Pinkie Pie began holding and banging lunch tray thudding in giving some beats. Rarity joined in by stomping her feet three times, then clapped her hands at the same time. Fluttershy gently banging the glasses down for five times. Both Applejack and Cutie Mark Crusaders began clapping their hands and stomping legs on the ground hard. Rainbow Dash joined in by banging her lunch tray as well. The noise slowly attract the students' attention as they all stopped and watched the event.

Spike quickly activated an Ipod Radio in giving the signal. Mane Five stood up at the very corner of cafeteria. With music beats, they all began stomping and clapping firmly and proudly.

Mane Five & CMC: Hey, hey, everybody
We've got something to say
We may seem as different
As the night is from day

Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders gathered at the middle of cafeteria as they all clapped their hands on left and then right for few rounds.

Mane Five & CMC: But you look a little deeper
And you will see
That I'm just like you
And you're just like me.
Yeah!

Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders split up as they performed some dancing moves and even singing proudly and firmly about friendship.

Mane Five & CMC: Hey, hey, everybody
We're here to shout
That the magic of friendship
Is what it's all about

They all formed a straight line while performing some dancing moves. At the same time, Applejack helped removed the sunglasses from DJ-Pon3, who looked surprised and amazed by both the music and dances they performed.

Mane Five & CMC: Yeah,
We thought we were different
As the night is from the day
Until Twilight Sparkle
Helped us see another way

As Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders were performing their dancing moves, students slowly turned the attention to them. The students were amazed and surprised by the performances. Some began recorded the event.

Mane Five & CMC: So get up get down
If you're gonna come around
We can work together
Helping Twilight win the crown

Mane Five & CMC: So get up get down
'Cause it's gonna make a sound
If we work together
Helping Twilight Sparkle
Win the crown!

Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders split up in getting the students' attention to them while singing and performing their dancing moves.

Cutie Mark Crusaders: Hey, hey hands up now,
We're sending a message
To the crowd

Pinkie Pie: Hands wave up
Then come down
We party together
All around

Rarity: Generous, honesty,

Applejack: Laughter, kindness, loyalty

Fluttershy: Twilight helped us each to see

Rainbow Dash: All that we can be!

As expected, some students began singing and dancing from their seats. They all liked performances Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders have made. Their spirits began raising up like a soaring eagle flying high to the sky.

All: So get up get down
If you're gonna come around
We can work together
Helping Twilight win the crown

Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders were forming two straight lines while performing proudly and happily. Both Burnblast and Lightningblade opened the door in two, allowing Twilight Sparkle and Nyx to join the fun.

All: So get up get down
'Cause it's gonna make a sound
If we work together
Helping Twilight Sparkle
Win the crown!

Twilight Sparkle and Nyx began marching straight ahead while singing and performing their dances. Seeing the students began showing their supports and cheering to the Sparkle Sisters, Flash Sentry joined in by playing his electric guitar proudly and happily.

Twilight Sparkle: I'm gonna be myself
No matter what I do
And if we're different yeah
I want you to be true to you

Nyx: If you follow her
We'll put our differences aside

Both Twilight Sparkle and Nyx jumped on the table from the middle of cafeteria. They both gave a loud and long cry for building school pridewhile her friends surrounded and shown their supports to their friends.

Twilight Sparkle and Nyx: We'll stick together and
Start working on that school pride!

"The time is now," Lightningblade said firmly.

Burnblast cheered wildly, "This is it, girls! Hit the beat!"

Twilight Sparkle and her friends began both singing and dancing in cheerleader's cheer styles while supporting and encouraging the students to join them. The students slowly began being convinced that Twilight Sparkle would be the one as the Princess of the Fall Formal. Flash Sentry and his band joined the fun in playing the music.

All: Jump up make a sound (Hey!)
Stomp your hooves turn around
Start now, make a change,
Gonna come around
Jump up make a sound (Hey!)
Stomp your hooves turn around
Canterlot Wondercolts
Help her win the crown!

As the students began to join the fun, Twilight Sparkle and her friends threw some props for them to wear as the symbol of showing Canterlot Wondercolt spirit! And not only that, they began opening their mind and befriended with each other warmly.

All: Jump up make a sound (Hey!)
Stomp your hooves turn around
Start now, make a change,
Gonna come around
Jump up make a sound (Hey!)
Stomp your hooves turn around
Canterlot Wondercolts
Help her win the crown!

While the students were having fun inside the cafeteria, Sunset Shimmer was watching the event from the entrance's glassed door. She was surprised and amazed by Twilight Sparkle and her friends' able to turn the tide while wining the students' favors.

All: Jump up make a sound (Hey!)
Stomp your hooves turn around
Start now, make a change,
Gonna come around
Jump up make a sound (Hey!)
Stomp your hooves turn around
Canterlot Wondercolts
Help her win the crown!

Though the music has ended, everyone were having and enjoying their fun and company with each other. Their spirit for Canterlot Wondercolt has been lifted up. Sunset Shimmer wasn't the only person watching the event, Sombra and Tech were there as well.

"Wow..." Sunset Shimmer said in shock, "She managed to turn the tide. Is Friendship truly magical and powerful? Could I have been wrong all this time?"

Tech scoffed, "I could do something better than this."

Sunset Shimmer scoffed, "Better watch what you say, genius."

"Fools," Sombra said amusingly and proudly while smiled widely yet evilly, "They haven't won this battle yet. Time for Plan B, Tech."

Sunset Shimmer gasped, "You don't mean-!"

"Hell yeah!" Tech exclaimed proudly, "Time to ruin their party!"

What could Sombra be planning?

To be Continued...

Review and Suggest...

Author's Note:

Golden Heart and Pinkamena, belongs to Greenrob, confronted both Sombra and Umbreon as they pleaded and convinced the corrupted teachers to surrender. Both of them refused until Pinkamena mentioned 'Autumn Gem' wouldn't want him to do this and missed him a lot while begging him to come home. This gave Sombra a second thoughts about changing his ways.