• Published 28th Jul 2017
  • 3,443 Views, 51 Comments

Twilight Destiny - Shadow Master



Twilight Sparkle, Spike and Nyx venture to new world in getting the crown, stopping Sunset Shimmer and restore Mane Five to their true selves!

  • ...
19
 51
 3,443

Chapter 1: Cutie Mark Switched!

As the sun rise to the sky, its ray of light shined across Ponyville Town especially it hits through Golden Oak Library's windows. It shined upon on on Twilight Sparkle, which waking her up. She opened the window while looking at the sun. She began to sing about her home and a new day for her, her family and friends to enjoy.

Twilight Sparkle woke both Nyx and Spike up by pulling the blanket. While the black Alicorn woke up happily and joined her mother, Spike was half-asleep and returned to sleep. Both mother and daughter left their home and headed off to enjoy their new day.

Twilight Sparkle: Morning in Ponyville shimmers
Morning in Ponyville shines
And I know for absolute certain
That everything is certainly fine

Twilight Sparkle and Nyx were walking across the town as they saw many ponies were doing their usual activities including mayor.

Twilight Sparkle: There's the Mayor en route to her office
There's the sofa clerk selling some quills

They both come across to the restaurant as they have their breakfast. They both looked at each other for the moment. They both smiled amusingly. They ate the food in fast pace and quickly. After finishing it, the mother and her daughter gave a loud burp before laughing amusingly and happily. They then paid the bill before heading off.

Twilight Sparkle: Our Ponyville is so gentle and still
Can things ever go wrong?
I don't think that they will

Twilight Sparkle and Nyx were walking across the town as they all looked around of Ponyville Town Hall. The ponies were happy and enjoying their lives. The mother and her daughter were happy that everything is fine at their hometown.

Twilight Sparkle: Morning in Ponyville shimmers
Morning in Ponyville shines
And I know for absolute certain
That everything is certainly—

SPLASH! Twilight Sparkle and Nyx caught wet by surprise. And they don't really it. Not one bit.

Nyx groaned a bit, "Okay. That joke was too far."

"I agree," Twilight Sparkle commented dryly. She looked up to find Rainbow Dash, "Rainbow Dash, that's not funny!"

"Terribly sorry, darling." The familiar spoke up in Mid-Atlantic Accent. It surprised Twilight Sparkle and Nyx as they turned to the pony, who was using magic on weather while standing on the bridge. She said, "I'm afraid I'm... I'm not good with the thundery ones."

"Rarity?!" Nyx asked in shock and surprise. She then noticed something odd on white unicorn's cutie mark, which was Rainbow Dash's. She gasped, "Wait a minute. Something's not right!"

Twilight Sparkle nodded, "Something tells me everything is not going to be fine."

Twilight Sparkle and Nyx approached Rarity to find out of what's really going on. They even found Sweetie Belle, standing close to her older sister.

"Rarity, we have to go back home now! You're gonna be late for work!" Sweetie Belle pleaded.

Rarity scoffed a bit before patted Sweetie Belle's hair, "Don't be ridiculous, Sweetie Belle. I am on the work."

"Rarity, What are you doing?" Twilight Sparkle asked in concern, "What happened to your cutie mark?"

"Whatever do you mean, Twilight?" Rarity asked in surprise. She looked up at the sky, "I'm simply doing what I've done since the day it first appeared." She smiled as she formed the raining storm clouds together into a patterns-like cloth. She smiled, "Does my sky look fabulous or what?"

Upon hearing some complains and shouts, Sweetie Belle yelped as she found ponies approaching Rarity while complaining angrily. The white unicorn looked worry and nervous now.

Sweetie Belle gulped, "I don't think they like it!"

Nyx yelped in concern, "This isn't good!"

Twilight Sparkle hissed while looking around for Rainbow Dash, "Where is Rainbow Dash? Why isn't she handling this?"

Sweetie Belle gulped in concern, "You're not gonna like this one."


After waking Spike up, Twilight Sparkle and the young ones set off to Fluttershy's cottage to find out of what has been going on.

Spike yawned, "I still don't know what you had to wake me up for. I love sleeping in the rain."

"It's not about the weather, Spike." Twilight Sparkle said calmly yet concern, "Rarity had Rainbow Dash's cutie mark and said this was Rainbow Dash's cottage."

"Something strange is going on..." Nyx said in concern. She then spotted Scootaloo was scootering towards them before stopped before them. She even saw how worry and scared the Pegasus is. She then asked, "Scootaloo? What's wrong? Did something happen to Rainbow Dash?"

Scootaloo nodded, "Yeah! Rainbow Dash's in trouble now! Hurry!"

Scootaloo quickly led Twilight Sparkle and her company to the cottage, where Twilight Sparkle knocked the door. Rainbow Dash opened the door. And she looked scared and uneasy especially the animals were making lots of noise.

"Rainbow Dash! Why is Rarity doing your job?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

CRASH! The animals were making lots of noise inside. Rainbow Dash quickly get inside the cottage, dealing with the situation now. Twilight Sparkle opened the door by her levitation spell. She and her friends need to find out of what's going on.

"And what in Equestria is going on in..." Twilight Sparkle was interrupted as she and her family yelped in surprise of what they just saw, "here?"

The cottage is in chaos as the animals were making a loud and wild noise especially making a big mess at the home.

"What the heck?!" Nyx asked in shock and concern, "It's a mess!"

Scootaloo hissed, "This is the worse!"

Rainbow Dash began singing as she was dealing and cleaning the messes as fast as she can, though she wasn't good at her job such as putting an alligator in bird cage, otto chased after a duck, cat hissing and scratching the curtains and eventually, she chased after a crimson bird holding the mouse as it was flying straight into a hole, where she got slammed into. Scootaloo came and helped Rainbow Dash up.

Rainbow Dash: These animals don't listen, no, not one little bit
They run around out of control and throw their hissy fits

Rainbow Dash then showed Twilight Sparkle and her friends about her cutie mark, which she has Fluttershy's! Knowing she's not good at it, but Rainbow Dash has to do it because of her destiny. This made Twilight Sparkle and her family uneasy and concern.

Rainbow Dash: It's up to me to stop them, 'cause plainly you can see
It's got to be my destiny, and it's what my cutie mark is telling me


Twilight Sparkle and her family headed to the Sugarcube Corner, where they saw Fluttershy was struggling of making ponies laugh, which she was unable to achieve. She blew a balloon and even put a funny mask on her face. She even blew party horn.

Fluttershy: I try to keep them laughing, put a smile upon their face
But no matter what I try, it seems a bit of a disgrace


LAUGHTER!
Fluttershy smiled to hear it but found some ponies were laughing at Spike, who worn both mask and making funny dancing. Nyx nudged him to stop it. Twilight Sparkle looked worry about her friend.

Fluttershy sighed in defeat as she looked at her cutie mark, which belonged to Pinkie Pie's. Knowing she's not good at it, but Rainbow Dash has to do it because of her destiny.

Fluttershy: I have to entertain them, it's there for all to see
It's got to be my destiny, and it's what my cutie mark is telling me


Twilight Sparkle and her family headed to the Sweet Apple Acre, where they saw Pinkie Pie struggled in handling her chores. She tried to bring the apples down, pushing the plough hard and even trying to fix the water chute.

Pinkie Pie: I don't care much for pickin' fruit and plowin' fields ain't such a hoot
No matter what I try, I cannot fix this busted water chute!

Pinkie Pie wasn't happy of doing the chores, but she has to do it because of her cutie mark, which belongs to Applejack's.

Pinkie Pie: I've got so many chores to do, it's no fun being me
But it has to be my destiny, 'cause it's what my cutie mark is telling me


At Carousal Boutique, Applejack struggled in designing and doing the fashion designs, which are complete terrible and horrible. Apple Bloom was doing her best to help her older sister out to get out of the situation.

Applejack: Lookie here at what I made, I think that it's a dress
I know it doesn't look like much, I'm under some distress

Applejack wasn't happy about it but she has to do it because of her cutie mark. Twilight Sparkle and her family were concern that everything is going out of control.

Applejack: Could y'all give me a hand here and help me fix this mess?
My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is tellin' me


Sweetie Belle stayed close to Rarity, hoping that nopony who tried to criticize and scold her. The white unicorn continued used her magic in controlling the weather, which only makes things worse. She summoned the rainstorm, letting the sun scorched the land and even dropping snow on them.

Rarity: I'm in love with weather patterns, but the others have concerns
For I just gave them frostbite over top of their sunburns
I have to keep on trying, for everyone can see


Twilight Sparkle, her family and even Cutie Mark Crusaders gathered Mane Five around. They have to ensure that they won't cause the problems now. They now need to figure the problem out and fix it especially why Cutie Mark Crusaders have different cutie marks.

Rarity and Rainbow Dash: It's got to be

Fluttershy: It's got to be

Pinkie Pie: My destiny

Applejack: My destiny

Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy: And it's what my cutie mark

Pinkie Pie and Applejack: It's what my cutie mark

Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack: Yes, it's what my cutie mark is telling me!

Twilight Sparkle: Equestria, we have the problem!

Twilight Sparkle quickly lead her family and friends back to the Golden Oak Library to solve the problem now. However, the mysterious hooded pony saw everything from behind of bushes. She hummed curiously and concern about the event.

"So, that foolish unicorn did something to the Elements of Harmony," The mysterious hooded pony said dryly, "But why Twilight Sparkle didn't get affected by the magic? I need to know more about this before I make a move."


Twilight Sparkle led her group back to her home. The lavender unicorn became very uneasy and worry about the latest situation now. She has to solve it before things get out of control.

"This is bad. This is very, very bad." Twilight Sparkle exclaimed frantically.

Spike hissed, "What's going on? Why is this happening?!"

"What are you talking about?!" Mane Five asked in shock and confuse, "Is there something wrong?"

Cutie Mark Crusaders hissed, "Yes! Your cutie marks! They're all wrong!"

"WHAT?! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE! IT CAN'T BE! BUT I HAVE THE CUTIE MARK SINCE THAT DAY!"

"THERE'RE NOT YOUR CUTIE MARKS! YOU GOT THEM MIXED UP BY MAGIC! I THINK!"

"This is library, not rock'n'roll concert! So, be quiet!" Twilight Sparkle exclaimed in anger. Everyone yelped in concern and uneasy. She sighed, "Sorry, I didn't mean. I need to think now."

"Magic..." Nyx said in concern before her eyes were opened wide in realization, "Mummy, you don't think..."

Twilight Sparkle gasped, "Of course! I can't believe it! Something did happen!" She turned and looked at the glass case. She saw five Elements of Harmony have different colors than the usual. She hissed in concern, "The spell has changed the Elements of Harmony! That must be why their cutie marks are all wrong!"

"WHAT?!" Mane Five and Cutie Mark Crusaders asked in shock, "No way!"

"But something's not right, mummy," Nyx said in concern as she was looking at Element of Magic, "Why isn't yours get affected?"

"I don't know." Twilight Sparkle admitted in concern while looking at her cutie mark. She hummed calmly and softly, "The spell caster can't be affected because she or he was casting on it! So, my cutie mark didn't switched!"

Spike hissed in concern, "We need to do something now!"

"So just cast a counter-spell to switch them back." Sweetie Belle suggested.

Twilight Sparkle looked through Starswirld the Bearded's book, "Oh. There is no counter-spell!"

Scootaloo gasped, "Why don't you just use that memory spell you used to fix everypony when Discord was here?"

Nyx shook her head in disagreement, "It's not their memories, Scootaloo. It's their true selves that have been altered!"

"Zecora's cure for the cutie pox?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Let me guess. That won't work either?" Spike asked in concern. Twilight Sparkle shook her head. He sighed as he tried to think of something, "Maybe it won't be so bad. Maybe our friends will grow to like their new lives."

Mane Five nodded and commented in agreement about new cutie marks and jobs, "[Applejack] We'll get over it. [Rainbow Dash] Yeah. We can pull it through. [Rarity] Everything will be fine, darling. [Fluttershy] Oh yes. You don't have to worry about us. [Pinkie Pie] Yeah. We've always survived at the end. No problem."

"No. It's not," Twilight Sparkle denied. Everyone looked at her. She continued after she read the book, "I just found out of what's happening from Starswirl the Bearded's book. Not only your cutie marks stuck on your flanks forever, you will lose your true selves and personalities too. You'll be different ponies than themselves. And the Elements of Harmony won't work ever again except mine."

Everyone gasped in shock and concern of what they just heard. They couldn't believe it. Mane Five will be different ponies than the usual and especially the Elements of Harmony sans Element of Magic will be no longer functional.

"How long they will lose themselves?" Nyx asked in concern.

"Four days..." Twilight Sparkle answered in shame. Everyone gasped in shock and concern. She continued, "You all're not who you are meant to be anymore. Your destinies are now changed, and it's all my fault."

And just before ponies could protest, Twilight Sparkle put the book on the table. She then climbed up the stairs and heading to her bedroom, without looking back at her friends.

Her friends and family feel uneasy, concern and sorry for her. And they also knew she didn't mean to cause the mess in the first place because she just want to test the spell only. All they hope is that she shouldn't be hard on herself.

However, somepony has watched the event. She smirked proudly and widely.

"It's perfect! I still got the chance of using that crown," The mysterious hooded pony said amusingly and gleefully, "And soon, both worlds will be ruled by one princess. And that princess will be me - Sunset Shimmer!"

To be Continued...

Review and Suggest...