• Published 29th Jul 2017
  • 466 Views, 0 Comments

The Hippogriff and the Mermare - Creativa-Artly01



Long before Celestia and Luna's rule, there was a hippogriff prince who fell head over hooves for a mermare named Pearl Crystal.

  • ...
 0
 466

Chapter 2

Back in her trove at the castle, Pearl Crystal brushes her mane as she hums to herself. She then begins to sing to herself. "Why can't I be with the one I love? Why do his people hate mine? What did we ever do to them? Why isn't our love strong enough? Why isn't our love strong enough?" She then puts down her brush and begins to cry. She then brings herself away from tears and heads for the family archives. Maybe she can find something about the reasons the Hippogriffs hate her kind there.

Meanwhile at the Hippogriff castle, Rubius is looking through his family archives to find out why his kind hate merponies. In her family archive a few miles from the merlons castle, Pearl Crystal looks through her family archives trying to find out why her kind hate hippogriffs. After hours of searching, they soon find exactly what they're looking for-the reasons their kinds hate each other so much. The two begin to read, "a long time ago, the merponies and the hippogriffs had a Great War against each other. The hippogriffs lost when they were brought into the ocean and drowned by the king of the merponies and his queen and daughters. After that, the two sides hated each other and that hatred has survived the years and embedded itself in the descendants of the original rulers themselves." The two gasp. "No wonder our kind hate each other!" The two then return to their rooms, leaving the books behind, as not to raise suspicion.

That night in the darkness, the two meet on the beach once again. They share a kiss and a song. "Why do our people never apologize for errors of the past? Why are they so stubborn? Our love is much stronger. Our love can survive the test of time. We won't let their past quibbles keep us apart. We will find a way to stay together. We will find a way around this. We will do whatever we have to do to stay together. Why do our people never apologize for errors of the past? Why are they so stubborn? Our love is much stronger. It can survive anything, any storm. Our love can survive any storm and we'll find a way to be together, I promise. I promise." A few hours later, the two part ways with the sunrise. Rubius returns to the Hippogriff kingdom, but Pearl has other plans. She goes to the local sea shaman to see if he will give her hooves and wings, so she can be with the one she loves.