• Published 28th Jul 2017
  • 4,194 Views, 225 Comments

A Lunar Sunset - ed-stoneman



Luna is told to investigate the magic of friendship, but finds much more.

  • ...
13
 225
 4,194

17 - Drinks With the Devil

Luna looked concerned as Sunset finished speaking with the detective.

“I do not quite understand, love.”

“Detective Shining Armor has been a big help in getting the gym up and running. There are a lot of women that the police come into contact with that would benefit from a bit of self defense training, and he has agreed to speak to some of them on my behalf once he found out about the whole plan. He’s been talking to some of the female officers as well, trying to see if any of them would be willing to come train, or even teach on a volunteer basis to help cut down some of my staffing overhead.”

Luna nodded, it all made sense, and she had recalled something about a very helpful officer that Sunset had mentioned in the past.

Both women quickly changed into street clothes from their workout gear, both opting for jeans and tee shirts. Soon enough there was a knock at the door. Glancing through the peephole, Sunset admitted a tall man, who was presumably the detective.

The blue haired gentleman introduced himself, producing a police ID.

“Hi, I’m Detective Shining Armor. You must be Luna. Sunset had mentioned you in some of our conversations.”

Luna shook his hand firmly. His smile was open and affable, without being anything more than welcoming.

“Hello Detective, thank you for being available on such short notice.”

“Don’t worry about it at all, it’s part of the job. Though I won’t deny that the chance to close such a high profile case would be amazing for my career.”

He laughed abashedly, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Well, at least you are honest about it. That’s refreshing considering how the case was handled before.”

“Oh? How do you mean?”

“In short, Detective, I was one of the victims that was never allowed to testify. I made my statement to the police, but the case somehow stalled and never moved to any charges.”

“That’s very distressing. Would you mind if I recorded a statement from you for the records so that we can keep everything on the books?”

Both women nodded as the officer took a small video camera from his jacket pocket.

He started the recording with himself reciting the date and time, then placed the camera on the kitchen table and took a seat across from Luna.

“Thank you for speaking with me, can you please provide your name, occupation, and involvement in the Shadey Acres case.”

“My name is Luna, I am the vice principal of Canterlot High School, and I am one of the victims on record in the original case.”

“Thank you, I understand that we are on a timeframe for this conversation, so I will be as brief as I can. The record shows that you were a patient at the Shadey Acres hospital during the time it was investigated and then subsequently shut down for physical, mental, and sexual abuse of patients. There have been some arrests made, however we have been unable to identify the person in charge. My understanding is that you are able to identify and lead us to that person, is that correct?”

“Yes, that is all accurate. The person who caused all of this was Immaculate Faith, he is the pastor of the Children of the Brilliant Sun church. The church is known for having extremist views of all people who do not conform to its doctrine. Being raised as a member of the church with my sister, and then developing an attraction for women was seen as a complete violation of church law. Those of us who refused to be ‘cleansed’ through the church were forced into the hospital, citing mental illness.”

“Thank you. The file on the case has a significant number of photos and documentation on injuries received, so I don’t believe that we need to go into any detail on that matter. In order for us to make an arrest and a charge in this case, we would need to have a clear admission of involvement, on the record. I understand that Immaculate Faith has come to this residence this morning attempting to speak with you. You were right to delay the conversation. If you would be willing, I would like you to wear a small recording device for the conversation. If he admits to any kind of involvement in the case, I will be able to facilitate an arrest and charge.”

“Anything that I can do to assist, I will.”

Shining Armor nodded and slid small case across the table.

“There is a small microphone and wireless transmitter in here, all you need to do is attach the microphone to your clothing and the transmitter can be in your pocket. When we have women wear this, they often find the center of their bra to be the most effective and comfortable location. Once you turn on the transmitter I will be able to hear everything on this recorder.”

Standing, Luna and Sunset made their way to the bedroom. Lifting her shirt over her dark skin, Luna waited for Sunset to attach the microphone. It was significantly smaller than television had led the women to believe, being only about the size of a small coin. Clipping the small disc to the lace between her lovers breasts, Sunset placed a firm kiss over where the older woman’s heart would be.

“I love you Luna. All we have to do is get him to say he was involved.”

Luna nodded and lowered her shirt, flipping the power switch on the transmitter.

“Hello? Can you hear me?”

There was a shout from the next room.

“Clear as a bell.”

Both women came out of the bedroom again, the detective packing up his few items.

“Alright ladies, are we ready?”

Sunset nodded.

“Yes, we will be going to Sugarcube Corner.”

“Okay, I will be in the parking lot listening for the word. If you get uncomfortable, go ahead and get out of there, okay?”

A nod from Luna solidified the plan.

Shining Armor got into his car as both women headed to the garage, and the mustang parked there. Within minutes they had arrived at the bakery and were walking in, just barely ahead of the one hour timeframe that was set. Celestia and Immaculate Faith had occupied a small table in the corner, away from the bulk of the other patrons. Obviously trying to have a private conversation in the public space.

Both women first went to the counter and ordered their respective coffees and pastries. Collecting them and joining the other pair at the secluded table.

“Good morning sister, miss Shimmer.”

Both women responded to Celestia.

Reaching his hand across the table to Sunset, Immaculate Faith introduced himself.

“Hello again miss Shimmer, as I said before, my name is Immaculate Faith. I am the leader of the Children of the Brilliant Sun church here in Canterlot. I would like to congratulate you on your new business venture, and I pray that it is quite successful.”

Sunset nodded tersely.

“Thank you Mr. Faith. I’m sure that we will do the community quite a bit of good. I hope that through training and self-defense classes the women of Canterlot will be able to rest easier knowing that they are more prepared if anything were to happen to them.”

The smile from Immaculate Faith at this could only be described as greasy.

“I agree that the ladies of the city should be able to learn how to protect themselves, however I wonder if I might offer some insight into the community. I was born and raised in Canterlot, I have strong ties to our city, and as a pillar in this community, I would like to think that I have my finger on the pulse of what is going on with the people who live here. I am the spiritual head of the largest church in the city, and what I see is quite the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.”

Sunset cocked her eyebrows.

“I don’t follow.”

“The members of my church, primarily the female members, know that the world operates in certain ways. That men are in place to protect and guide them. To shelter them from any storm. And through our faith and belief, we all know that the works of our lord are such that they may learn from them their proper place in life.”

Celestia spoke up at Sunsets confused look.

“Miss Shimmer, our faith tells us that women are here to care and nurture. That protection should and does come from our husbands. When those of us choose not to take husbands, or allow men to take their place as protectors, we are defying the will of our lord. Immaculate Faith and I have spoken about this at length, and there is simply no way that the church could allow any of our members to engage in what you offer. It defies our very belief. And those of our faith who have strayed from the path are deserving of the harsh lessons that might be taught to them.”

Both Sunset and Luna were shocked. The fact that those words had been said cemented for Sunset that the people in front of her were evil. Luna couldn’t hold her tongue anymore.

“Sister… You mean to tell me that everything that happened to me was my own fault? That the scars I bear, the abuse, the torture… was some kind of lesson from your god? I am your sister! And the man responsible for all of that is sitting right next to you! How could you even think that?”

“Lu, come on. This conversation is getting us nowhere, and I think that I have heard enough from these two. Mister Faith, thank you for your time, but I don’t believe that I will have any issues with my new business.”

As the pair got up to leave, Immaculate Faith leaned across the table.

“It was so nice to see you again Luna. After that awful business with the hospital… just dreadful. But rest assured that the church has taken to being much more direct in our assistance with those who choose to stray from the path of the light.”

Without another word both women walked out.

In the parking lot, they glanced to Shining Armor in his car, who shook his head slightly. It was clear that there wasn’t enough in the conversation.

Getting into the mustang, both Sunset and Luna’s phones beeped at the same time. A group text from Shining Armor asking them to meet back at Sunsets house.

Author's Note:

Sooooo.... Welcome back.... I keep promising more frequent updates, and I keep NOT having more frequent updates... so at this point, they will come as they do, but I will try my damnedest to not suck about that plan.

Thanks for those who stick with it!!!