• Published 30th Jul 2017
  • 1,271 Views, 16 Comments

Masked Matter-Horn - Pinkamena666



Twilight Sparkle is content with her job and has no worries in the world. She then witnesses a meteorite fall from the sky; a gem that grants her special abilities. However, an equally powerful unicorn wants the gem and will do anything to get it...

  • ...
2
 16
 1,271

The Hero The City Needs

Twilight let out a yawn and sat up, stretching with a yawn as she eyed the bed. Trixie was gone but the shower was on. After rubbing her eyes, she got up and walked into the bathroom just as Trixie shut the water off. Opening the shower door, the magician grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her body.

"Morning, Twilight," the mare said with a smile, walking over to her and giving her a hug.

Twi hugged back with a smile of her own. "Morning, Trix," she said, pulling back and kissing the mare on the lips.

When they pulled away, Trixie walked over to the sink to fix her hair. "Apologies for the early shower. I just have two gigs today and one is in a couple hours. And, I'd like to get some practice in before it starts."

"It's okay," the purple mare said as she walked up next to her. "I get it. I'll just examine that space rock..."

"That should be fun," the light blue mare said as she began combing her hair. "You do like learning new things."

Twilight smiled and gave her a kiss on the neck before stepping into the shower.

Sitting down at the kitchen counter, Twilight set the space rock on a metal tray. "Okay," she muttered, holding up a hammer and lightly tapping the rock. Nothing. "Seems pretty sturdy... Pretty... rock solid," she added, letting out a little giggle before looking around her apartment. She then returned her attention to the rock. "Thank god no one heard that..."

After hammering it for a few more times, it cracked. Smiling widely, Twilight sped up and hit it harder until the rock broke in half. Inside was what appeared to be a purple gem. Tilting her head, Twilight hit the half of the rock that held the gem a few more times before the gem fell out onto the tray.

It gave off a strange glow, like it as pulsating. Setting the hammer down, Twilight cautiously poked it with a finger. Nothing. Pinching it with two fingers, she picked it up and then let it drop back down onto the tray. Either it was radiation-free or it wasn't radiated enough to be n issue. However, Twilight didn't have a Geiger counter to test this.

After taking a deep breath, she grabbed it with her whole hand. For a few seconds, nothing happened. However, when Twilight went to put it down, it stuck to her palm.

"What the..." Twilight gasped, turning her hand over to look at it.

When she did, the gem began to burrow itself into her hand. Letting out a pained groan, Twilight dropped to her knees and held her wrist. There was no blood but it still hurt like crazy. The strangest thing was when it was fully embedded under the skin, it felt like it was dissolving. Soon, she couldn't feel the gem anymore but she felt a strange energy course through her body before her horn began to burn.

Letting out a groan, Twilight stumbled to her feet and ran into the bathroom, quickly turning on the shower and letting the water wash over her head. Soon, her right hand began to burn as she looked down at it. The burn grew and grew before a blast of light erupted from it, sending her flying backwards through the doorway into her bedroom. Tumbling across the floor, she hit the bed and let out a groan.

When Twilight was about a half mile from the city, she pulled up to the side of the road and got out, stumbling into a large field. Looking around, she made sure no one was around before looking at her hands. They didn't burn anymore but she still felt the energy.

"What's happening?" She asked. "Did I... Did I fire off some sort of... light... energy... thing?" Looking over her right hand, she hesitantly aimed her palm out in front of her. "Okay," she muttered, before a beam of light energy shot from her hand. After a few seconds, her hand began to heat up and she quickly closed her hand into a fist. "Ah, crap, that hurts..." she grunted. "But... I can... shoot a light beam?" She asked herself, opening her hand again. "What was in that gem?"

Sitting down in the grass, she flexed her fingers before pointing her right index finger at the ground. Firing a small light beam from it, she found that this did't heat up her hand as much. Additionally, the ground seemed unaffected by the grass all leaned away as if there was a force from the beam pushing them away. "Shock waves..." Twi muttered, coming to the conclusion that her light beams weren't deadly, but could knock stuff around.

Then a thought came to her; that stallion who was being attacked in the alley... Perhaps she could use her new abilities to help others like him. That this was the solution she's been looking for to keep the city safe. Quickly standing up she accidentally fired off a beam into the ground that sent her flying up into the air. Hitting the ground with a loud grunt, she just lay there and groaned.

Getting back into her car, she rubbed her head and just sat there for a moment before looking out at the city. If she were to help others, she'd need to conceal her identity so she wouldn't be attacked at random or, worst of all, have others close to her get attacked. Picking up her cell phone, she dialed a number and waited.

"Twilight?" A male's voice answered. "What's up?"

"Hey, Spike," Twilight said and rubbed her head again. "I... I need some help with a thing... Can you come over to my place?"

"Sure, but... What about Trixie?"

"She'll be busy all day..." Twi said and let out a sigh. "And, besides... the less she knows about this, the better... I don't want her worrying..."

"Sounds serious," the dragon said. "I'll be right over."

"Thanks, Spike," Twi said with a smile before hanging up and back to the city.

The purple mare pulled up to her apartment complex and spotted a familiar purple truck with a green roof. Pulling up and parking beside it, Twilight quickly got out and headed into the building.

Once in the small lobby, Twilight saw her purple friend sitting in a chair, waiting for her. He was an 18-year-old purple dragon with green scales and a short muzzle. For clothing, he wore a black hooded sweatshirt, jeans, and black sneakers.

Seeing her, he stood up and smiled. " Hey, Twilight."

"Come on, Spike," she said, grabbing his arm as she walked passed him. "We got work to do."

"Whoa, like what?" He asked, stumbling after her as they entered an elevator.

"You remember that meteor shower?" She asked, pushing the button for the third floor. "Well, I found a space rock."

Spike raised an eyebrow. "A space rock?" He asked, crossing his arms. "I get you like to geek out about certain things, Twilight, but come on..."

"It's more than that," Twi frowned, her face soon lighting up again. "It did something..."

When the elevator stopped, Twilight grabbed the dragon's arm and pulled him down the hall to her apartment room. Quickly opening the door, Twilight led him inside.

"So..." she said, quickly walking over to the kitchen counter where the rock pieces still lay on the tray. "I broke the space rock open and found a gem inside," she explained as Spike entered and closed the door. "When I held the gem... it melted into my hand, or something," Twi stammered as she tried explaining it. "It hurt a lot, but... now I can fire concentrated light beams from my hand." She then fired one at the floor, making the living room carpet flutter as the chairs in the kitchen rattled.

Spike stumbled back, startled. "What the hell?!" He asked. "Wh... Why would you do that inside?!"

"I'm just so excited!" Twi exclaimed. "I can do magic even experienced unicorns can't. And I can do it so easily, too," she said as she lit her hands up. Only this time, they were lit red instead of white. "Huh?" She asked, confused. When she felt a light heat in her palm, she understood what this was. "I think... I have different energy types..." she said, making one hand light up red and the other white. "Light, and... heat, maybe?"

Spike stared at her in shock for a moment before slowly walking over to her. "Um... If that... is heat, then... maybe you shouldn't use it indoors... Or on others..."

"You're right," the unicorn replied, quickly closing her hands. "But, this is just to explain why I need your help..."

Spike hesitated before sitting down in a chair in the kitchen, facing her. "Alright, Twilight. I'm interested..."

"Good," the mare said as she pulled up a seat and sat down in front of him. "I wanna fight crime and help others but I can't risk criminals finding out who I am so I need a costume."

Spike raised an eyebrow. "A costume?"

"Yeah, like a superhero costume," Twi nodded, smiling widely. "Something... cool... And a superhero name!"

Spike crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair. "Twilight... I think you're in way over your head. Just because some weird space rock gave you new abilities doesn't mean you should go fighting crime... It's dangerous... And Trixie would be right to worry. I would worry. Your brother and your parents would worry. We can't let what happened to Glaze happen to you."

Twilight thought for a moment, taking in everything Spike was saying. She then stood up and tuned, walking over to the window in the living room. Looking out at the city, she crossed her arms. "Glaze just wanted to help... She wanted to make this city a better place."

"And the city killed her," Spike reminded her.

"No, Spike... The city didn't kill her... Those thugs did... Because they remembered her face and hunted her down..." Wiping tears away, she turned to Spike. "I'm doing this for Glaze. To not let her dream die... Don't you see, Spike? I can be the hero she wanted... Please..."

As he listened, Spike's expression seemed to lighten before he let out a sigh. "I... I can make you a costume... Rarity's taught me well... He then thought for a moment, scratching his chin. "Come to think of it... she's been going out a lot recently..."

Smiling, Twilight unfolded her arms. "Thank you... And you can worry about your girlfriend later... Let's talk about my costume."

Smiling, Spike stood up. "Let me get my sketchbook."

Pacing back and forth in front of the door, Twilight waited until the door opened and Spike entered, carrying a box.

"Did you make it?" Asked Twilight with a wide smile.

"Um..." Spike started as he used his foot to close the door. "Yeah... Were you standing there this whole time?"

"I-I was way too excited to do anything else!" The mare said, stepping up to the dragon and taking the box.

"Twilight, its been three hou--" Spike tried to say before Twilight ran off towards the bathroom.

"I have to try this on right now!" The mare called to him before disappearing in the bathroom.

Letting out a sigh, Spike walked over to the couch and sat down, turning on the TV. "Hmm... I wonder why Rarity was out agai..." He then stopped and quickly looked back at the bathroom door. "No..." he said with a light chuckle, turning back around to face the TV. "There's no way Rarity's... fighting crime..." Leaning back on the couch, he let out a sigh. "About as odd as a nerdy librarian fighting crime--"

He was cut short when the bathroom door flung open, the purple mare hoping out in her uniform. "Ta-Dah!" She said happily. "What do ya think?" She was wearing a red latex bodysuit with a white collar that had a point which hung over her chest. In the middle of the collar was a purple diamond. She also wore white gloves, white boots, and a red mask with yellow goggles.

Spike quickly turned around, startled by her outburst. "Oh... Um..." he muttered as he calmed down, looking her over. "Yeah, I... I think it suits you," he said with a smile.

"Oh! And check this out," Twilight said as she turned her back to Spike. "I discovered this while you were out," she said as her hair lit up before growing longer. "Hair growth spell. This space gem has unlocked so many possibilities," she said as she turned back to Spike.

"Well, it helps a little," Spike said as he got up. "Just... be careful, okay?"

Twilight smiled and walked up to him, giving him a hug. "I will. Thanks, Spike..."

The dragon hugged back before heading for the door. "I'll call you later to make sure you're okay."

"Oh, I'll be fine," Twi said with a chuckle, Spike giving her a look of uncertainty. "Honest."

After hesitating, the purple dragon left the apartment to head back to Rarity's. Once he was gone, Twilight looked herself over with a wide smile.

"I look so cool!" She exclaimed, before running to the window. Letting out a sigh, she turned away and sat down on the couch. "Maybe I should wait until night time..." She said as she turned on the TV. There was a report of foiled crime activity across the city from some masked mare. "Are you kidding?" She asked, sighing. "There's more of us?" She then shut off the TV before getting up. "Time to take action."

Walking over to her window, she opened it and looked out. Third floor was still pretty high up. Looking at her hands, she lit them up with light energy. Taking a deep breath, she climbed into the window, ready to jump.

"Okay..." Twi muttered. "One... Two..." She then got ready to jump before climbing back inside. "Ah, screw this," she said, letting out a deep sigh.

Turning around and walking over to the kitchen area, she dragged a chair into the middle of the room. After climbing on top of it, she stood up and flexed her fingers a couple times. After taking a deep breath, she then slowly leaned forward on her tiptoes before falling forward. Letting out a yell of fright, she fired at the ground, making her jerk upwards before hitting the ground. Choking lightly, she didn't really feel any pain. As if her attempt to slow her fall worked.

"Alright..." she grunted, getting to her feet. "Time for the real test..." Walking back to the window, she climbed up onto the windowsill and looked down. "Okay, it's just... a little further than the chair," she told herself with a nervous chuckle. Taking a deep breath, she jumped out. Letting out a yell on the way down, she aimed her hands down at the ground. When she was close to the bottom she gave a short burst from her hands, making her stop suddenly before landing gently. She stumbled a bit but managed to stay up.

Standing still for a moment, she looked up and let out a chuckle. "Hey, I did it."

Twilight moved to the driveway of the apartment complex, waiting for cars to pass before darting across the street into an alley. Using the alleys and the shadows, she made her way into the city. When a ladder came into a view, rather than passing it, Twilight latched onto it and climbed up onto the roof.

"Alright," she sighed, interlocking her fingers behind her head and walking to the middle of the roof. "Time to stop some crime."

Twilight was laying on her back, looking up at the sky before she heard a grunt in a nearby alley. Sitting up quickly, Twilight smiled widely and stood up.

"Yes! A crime!" She said happily, before putting a finger to her chin. "Maybe I shouldn't shout that out..." She then took off, leaping over alleys before she came to the one the noises were coming from. Peering in, she saw a brown stallion dressed in a leather jacket and jeans beating up a smaller, white stallion. "Now's my chance to make a difference..." Twilight muttered before jumping down into the alley, using a burst from her hands to slow her fall. When she landed, both stallions looked over at her, the brown stallion letting go of the white stallion's collar, letting him fall to the ground.

"What the hell is this?" Asked the brown stallion, facing the mare. "Some mare playing dress-up?"

"Oh, not just dress-up," Twilight said with a smile. "Haven't watched the news?"

The stallion narrowed his eyes and began running at her. Twilight let out a gasp and fired a blast of light energy at the stallion, knocking him into a dumpster. He fell to the ground with a grunt, slowly looking up at her. The mare smiled and pointed at him.

"There's more where that came from," she warned him. "Leave now."

The stallion let out a growl and stumbled to his feet. "I'll be seeing you again..." he said before running away.

When he was gone, Twilight walked over to the down white stallion and knelt down. "Are you okay?" She asked.

The stallion nodded and let out a groan as he sat up and leaned back against the building. "He just started when you came... Thanks..."

"No problem," Twilight said before standing up. "Need any help standing, or..."

The stallion shook his head. "No, I'm good. I just need a minute..."

Twilight nodded and began walking away. "If you need any help again in the future, I'll probably be around."

Twilight approached the side of their apartment building and looked up at the window. "Huh... Now, how do I get back up there?" She asked, looking around.

After finding nothing, she looks at her hands and then up at the window again. An idea came to mind as she took a few steps back. After taking a moment to think about this, she took a deep breath and fired two blasts behind her, sending her flying upwards.

Letting out a yell of fright, she let out a grunt as she hit her windowsill and held on as best she could. Pressing her feet on the side of the building, she climbed up into her room and fell to the floor with a sigh.

"Ho..." she panted. "Made it..."

Getting to her feet, she closed the window and was heading for the bathroom when she heard the doorknob jiggle. Letting out a gasp, she dove into the bathroom and closed the door jut as Trixie entered the apartment.

"Twilight?" She asked, eyeing the bathroom door. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Trix!" She called through the door.

The blue mare hesitated before closing the door and headed into the kitchen. "So, did you have a productive day?"

Twilight finally slid out of her suit, folding it up nicely. "Um... It was... interesting!" She called, looking around for a place to hide it. She then moved to the toilet and felt behind it. Letting out a sigh, she shook her head, not wanting to put her costume near somewhere so dirty.

Eyeing the clothes she was wearing when Spike was over, she quickly grabbed her shirt and shoved her superhero outfit in there. She then wrapped her pants around it and set it on the sink, making sure her suit was hidden. Standing in only her bra and panties, she tried to think of a way to deal with Trixie. She did usually pass out while they had sex, so that was an option. Eyeing her crotch, she had an idea; a spell the two had been trying to get right for a while now.

"Well... if my magic's increased, then maybe..." she muttered.

"Hey, Trix," Twi said with a smile, peeking out of the bathroom.

The blue mare eyed her, closing the fridge and turning to face her. "Um... Were you... enjoying yourself?" She asked with a smile.

"More like... preparing," the purple mare cooed. "I've learnt a new spell," she said with a smile. "Well, part of it, anyways..."

The blue mare's eyes widened as she ran over to the partially open bathroom door. "Is it... that spell?" She asked. "The one where you become a stallion?"

"Not a stallion..." Twilight said with a smirk. "Not exactly..."

Twilight stopped kissing Trixie's neck and lifted her head up. The two were laying naked on the bed, Twilight on top and Trixie beneath her on her back. The blue mare seemed to be asleep.

"Um... Trixie?" Asked Twilight, looking over the unicorn's face as she gently shook her shoulder. Letting out a sigh, she rolled off and slid under the covers. "Unbelievable..."

Comments ( 3 )

THE UPDATE IS REAL.

the ball was dropped pretty hard

Login or register to comment