• Published 26th Jul 2017
  • 3,362 Views, 118 Comments

Guardian of Equestria - Armyidiot



When Heaross, Guardian of Battleon, finds himself teleported to a colorful world full of adorable ponies, he makes an unbreakable promise to protect them, especially a certain newly ascended alicorn. Let's hope he doesn't kill everyone first, though.

  • ...
12
 118
 3,362

Guardian's Lesson

A/N: Here's the summary of the previous chapter for those of you who didn't want to read it.

Heaross is reading the first in the Daring Do series of books, being reminded of Valencia from his world. Finishing it, he takes the orb Discord had given him the week prior and summons Mike Elemental. The two become fast friends and Mike heals Heaross, removing an immense pain from his chest caused by Twilight and the potion. It is revealed that due to a side effect of the potion, he has lost a large amount of his scars and is upset about this. Heaross and Mike agree to a spar in the Everfree forest. It is revealed here that Heaross has a Limiter Spell placed on him, restricting his power. He can break the Limiter at any time, though this causes a pressure presence effect to take place around him. The Grandmaster and the Elementalist part on friendly terms, Heaross giving him 3 healing and 3 mana potions. Twilight and her friends arrive back in Ponyville soon after, revealing that the chapter took place alongside Daring Don't, though Heaross has no effect on the episode. He returns to his home and it is shown that he has a small pouch carrying a few items that Heaross holds very dear.


Heaross woke up that morning to a loud banging sounding on his front door. Grumbling, he got up and made his way to the door, where he found Derpy banging on it. While the mailmare may be a bit clueless sometimes, it was undeniable that she was strong, especially for a pegasus. "Hi, Mr. Heaross!" She happily greeted.

Heaross sighed before responding, "Good morning, Derpy. Did I receive any mail?"

"Yup! Got one from Princess Celestia herself!"

Well, that certainly doesn't bode well. Or maybe it bodes excellently, and he's simply worried over nothing. Derpy handed Heaross the letter, leaving with a delightful goodbye.


Dear Heaross,

I hear that you have settled into Ponyville with little trouble. I hope the crazy little hamlet isn't already driving you insane. Rumors have been floating around Canterlot as of recent, mostly of you and Twilight being in a relationship. While I hope this secret was revealed by you two, I have my suspicions that it does not. I have done what I can to withhold it from Twilight's parents, but even I can only do so much. Prepare yourself, Guardian. War is coming.

In other news, something called the Equestria Games is being established, and we would love for Twilight and you to make an appearance. Ponyville is already entering in the games, so tidings of the event will soon be abound. As something for you to do, since protecting Twilight is such a demanding job, Luna and I agree that you should enter the Games, though take care in whatever it is you enter, since nopony will ever be able to top your records. We also agreed that you should help the foals prepare for the flag ceremony. Attached is a sheet with instructions and tips for the flag carriers. We had the thought originally of Rainbow Dash doing the job, but recent accusations have placed us in a tight space.

Your friend,

Celestia

P.S. Luna is begging for you to visit. Since the revisions to the court, we've had much more free time and spent quality time together. As such, we quickly grew tired of the exercise and now want something exciting to do. You training the guard into shape would be acceptable, though do not consider this mandatory. We simply are bored.


Indeed, attached to the letter was a sheet explaining the purpose and instruction of preparing the foals flag routine. Heaross quickly read the sheet and grinned. It had been some time since his last class. Summoning on his armor, the Guardian exited his house. Before reentering and heading to the kitchen, since he hadn't ate breakfast yet. He quickly did that, consisting of a couple scrambled eggs, some buttered toast, and a few strips of bacon, before washing it down with some milk.

Now ready for the day, Heaross exited his house, heading towards the Ponyville library. After knocking on the door for a bit, he was greeted by the sight of a groggy drake. "Morning, Heaross..." Spike wearily managed to get out.

"Good morning, Spike." Heaross greeted jovially. "I was just seeing if you could pass a message to Twilight for me."

"She isn't awake right now," The baby dragon said before yawning, "but sure. What did you want to tell her?"

"Just tell her 'The sins of the parent'. She'll know what I mean."

"Alright, Heaross. What are you doing up so early, anyways?"

"I just really like teaching, Spike." His grin was both malicious and warm... somehow. "I get to judge some foals on flag carrying techniques."

"Have fun with that. I'm going back to bed." Spike waved before closing the door.

With that out of the way, Heaross made his way towards the schoolhouse. Before entering, he listened in to the lesson, which turned out to be the perfect time since recess was just announced. Bouncing back, the door to the school building slammed open, flooding with small foals and a haggard looking adult.

After the wave had subsided, Heaross approached the cerise colored pony. "Hello, there. I am Heaross, Guardian of Battleon, and teacher of foals for the next few days. I assume you must be Cheerilee?"

The teacher bared a weak smile at him, before nodding. "Yes, I'm Miss Cheerilee. Are you here for the flag carrying lesson?"

"That I am. Considering you just let the foals go for recess, I would chance a guess that you must be exceedingly exhausted today."

With a slightly snarky smile, she returned, "That I am. Normally, they're a delight to teach, but today has been very trying. They're all excited about the Equestria Games and having the chance to represent Ponyville has left them unruly."

"I would assume so." Heaross replied, giving a fond look towards the playing children. "If you need to take a break, I could arrange to take over the class for the rest of the day. Give a chance to restore that boundless energy you have." He said this with a grin.

"Oh please, do. Just don't hurt any of them, I couldn't see to have one harmed."

"That won't be a problem, Cheerilee. Today, I am just a coach."


The Cutie Mark Crusaders were drawing up some plans for what they wanted to do in the flag carrying competition. As excited about the event as they were, when the bell rang for them to return to class, they couldn't help but let out a collective groan. When the trio reentered the classroom, they didn't see Miss Cheerilee around. Slightly hesitant, they took a seat with their classmates, curious about what happened.

This repeatedly asked question by the class was answered when the door opened, and in stepped a human. Said human happened to be Heaross, which the CMC were quite happy about. The class had fallen silent when the Guardian entered, inspecting them with a cruel glare. This quickly changed into a snarky, warm smile as he said, "This seems to be a very well behaved class. By this time, I would have received a spitball to the cheek and sentenced the brat to detention. I am glad that hasn't happened yet."

Unfortunately, Diamond Tiara decided to speak up then. "Who are you? And what happened to Miss Cheerilee?"

Detecting the sass, Heaross replied, "She had a bit too much excitement and had to go home. I'm here as the stand-in until she feels better."

"Why do you care? It's not like you're somepony important." Several gasps came from a few of the foals scattered around the room who knew Heaross.

Heaross only grinned before launching into a tirade. "My name is Heaross Archer, current Grandmaster Warrior of the Guardians and Legendary Adventurer in my own aspect. The two who you all call the Princesses understand that I do not bow to them. They do not bow to me either. I am someone who is entrusted with the grand responsibility of protecting the populous and ensuring threats to both the world and the people are dealt with. I do my research about everything, including you, Diamond Tiara." Said filly only stared at the Guardian in resentment, though this changed to astonishment and horror upon his next words. "You were born in Canterlot General, though your family moved to Ponyville when you were only 3. Having mostly been taught by your mother on mannerisms, you take after her quite excellently, even when she is very harsh on you. Due to this, you are a very stuckup filly, cruel in your taunts to others. You believe yourself above the consequences of most, and find that you have no equal. As a result of Spoiled Rich's manipulation, your father, Filthy Rich, is almost entirely in the dark about all of this. Were he to find out about this, he would immediately divorce your mother and homeschool you until he sees fit that you wouldn't be a pompous mare with her nose stuck so far in the clouds, you could smell the moon."

The class had gone completely silent, now staring at the utterly horrified filly with a tiara on her head. "Wow." Scootaloo managed to get out.

"Okay, class," Heaross said as if nothing had happened at all, "Today, you will be drawing up plans for a flag carrying routine you and at least one other can do. Limit four to a group, split up and draw plans. You have until the end of the day to turn in a solid plan on paper. Your homework for tonight will be to practice the routine your group made and present it tomorrow. Arrangements have been made with Rarity from Carousel Boutique to provide several flags with the chosen Ponyville marker on them. Remember students," He warned, "You will be representing Ponyville and the trained athletes that have worked very hard for this. I expect nothing short of excellence from all of you."

Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo were stunned. Heaross was strict with bullies. Not wanting to incur the wrath of their temporary teacher, they immediately got together and continued their plans from outside. Scootaloo seemed a bit apprehensive about something, but brushed it off when her friends asked.

At the end of the day, the fillies had managed to draw up a comprehensive plan for their flag carrying routine. After some extensive thought, the trio turned in their work, happy with the results. As Heaross inspected the plan, complete with multiple papers, he kept his face a stone mask. After thoroughly going over the sheets, he turned to the fillies and said, "I'm not supposed to have favorites as a teacher. But I have to admit, if you three can pull this off, it would be an excellent routine. I'm very happy with this, all of you have put in your own touch, making it very unique and detailed. If I were your permanent teacher I would hang this up on a wall after you each learn it."

Heaross handed the paper back to the fillies, smiling. Sweetie Belle spoke up then, saying, "Thank you, Heaross. It's going to blow you away!"

The Guardian just ruffled the fillies mane, responding, "I sure hope so. Now go home you three, school's almost out." As the Cutie Mark Crusaders left the building, Heaross called out, "And make sure to practice tonight!"

"We will!" The trio called back to him. Heaross chuckled a bit.


Twilight Sparkle finally woke up, surrounded in books. It seemed to be late afternoon by the clock on her wall, but everything was moving slowly and groggy, so it was hard to tell. After a few attempts at getting her hooves under her, the alicorn managed to rise and make her way downstairs. Sitting on the couch there was Spike, reading a comic book.

"Hey Twilight." Spike called out to her. "It's 2."

After a small yawn, Twilight responded with, "Alright. Anything happen while I was out?"

"Heaross came by early this morning. He had a message for you."

"Okay, what was it?" Twilight managed to have a curious expression over her haggard looking one.

"'The sins of the parent'. He said you knew what it meant."

Twilight had gone stock-still at this. After a solid minute of nothing happening, by which time Spike had come up and waved a clawed hand in front of her face, she let out a scream that rivaled a dragon's when it roared. Right after she stopped, Twilight rushed around the library, cleaning and straightening things that had already been cleaned and straightened.

"Twilight?! What's happening?!" Spike managed to yell out over the cacophony.

The terrified alicorn mare managed to turn to him, gripping him by the cheeks. With a breath barely over a whisper, sounding like a snake, she answered, "My parents are coming."


The next day, Heaross rose earlier than normal, just so he could make it to school on time. After a hearty breakfast and workout routine, the warrior set out towards the school. Arriving, he noticed the props and flags set off around the back. Inside, he saw Cheerilee overlooking some very excited seeming foals. Grinning slightly, he gave a knock, to which the teacher answered. When the class saw Heaross, a chorus of cheers erupted, followed by a stampede of young ponies rushing towards the props and flags.

"How do you manage to work with them like this?" Cheerilee tiredly asked.

Heaross laughed before answering, "You should see the recruits for the Guardians. If you think these foals are strenuous, just remember that training the recruits is considered a punishment."

"Heh. At least your working with adults."

"Who are trying to use weapons that are designed to kill things." Heaross started his way towards the class, leaving a shuddering teacher in his wake. "Students, grab the flags you need and the props you brought. We'll be doing this one group at a time. Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, you're up first. Set up the stage and tell me when you're ready."

After barely a few minutes, Diamond Tiara came up to Heaross and announced that they were ready. The self-assured grin on her face spelled disaster. And true to his gut feeling, the routine the pair had come up with horrendous. It only spoke of how great the two fillies were, not representing Ponyville at all. As the Guardian wrote down the results, he called up the next group. Snips and Snails were the next, followed by Pipsqueak and Derpy's daughter. The trend continued on, with some of the routines being remarkably unique and original, yet poor in execution and matter.

After some time, and several more groups, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were up. After a moment, the routine started, and Heaross had to say, it was fantastic! It represented Ponyville as best as three fillies could, while keeping the same charm that it was known for. As unfortunate as it was, he couldn't play favorites, so after they had finished, he called them off the stage. Luckily, they were the last group. Unluckily, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon saw the performance and agreed that it was fantastic. So, they tried to mess it up by undermining Scootaloo's courage about how she couldn't fly.

Cheerilee didn't notice any of this, but Heaross did. Approaching the large group of fillies, the temporary coach called out, "Scootaloo, is this true? You can't fly?"

The orange pegasus nodded shyly, ashamed at the fact. Heaross responded by, "Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, detention." Said fillies were outraged, but Cheerilee had noticed by this time and took them away. Heaross kneeled down as close as he could to Scootaloo's eye level, before asking her, "Would you like to learn how to fly?" He tried to keep a warm smile on his face.

It seemed to work if the pegasus' brightened expression was any factor. "You can teach me?!"

"Who do you think taught Gust how to? And, just as a small bonus, I'll remember to bring Rainbow Dash along to help teach you."

Scootaloo almost squealed in excitement, before managing to calm herself enough to keep from flying right then. She was literally vibrating in anticipation.

"But," Heaross exclaimed, raising a finger, "You have to promise me you won't change your routine. Don't try to change what's already perfect."

"Got it, Heaross! Oh, I'm gonna fly, I'm gonna fly, I'm gonna fly!" Scootaloo was doing a very poor job at keeping her excitement contained.

"You will, kid. Trust me."


After dealing with the stuck up pair's detention, Heaross was finally able to go home. Barring any more interruptions, he would eat, perform his nightly routine, and then sleep to wake up early for the train to the Crystal Empire. It seemed that fate just loved to laugh at a normal night, huh? When he arrived at his house and unlocked the door, Twilight and two other ponies who seemed quite similar to her sat in his living room.

"Twilight? Who are these two? And why are you all in my living room?"

"Well, Heaross, these are my parents." Twilight seemed nervous more than anything.

"Oh..." Heaross was not ready to deal with this quite yet. He had just got home. "Um, hello. I'm sorry, but this is all a little sudden for me."

Twilight's mother was staring very intensely at the Guardian. If he was any normal man, he would be buckling under the sheer gaze of her eyes, but Heaross was not a normal man. He had dealt with threats so great, the world was in danger. It didn't stop him from being frightened about those eyes, though. "I am Twilight Velvet. This," She gestured to the blue unicorn beside her, "Is my husband, Night Light. We are Twilight's parents. And we have heard that you are dating her."

Guardian, he may be, but fearless, he is not. "Yes," Heaross answered, keeping his voice level as possible, "Twilight and I are in a relationship." Realizing he hadn't introduced himself, "My apologies, I haven't introduced myself. I am Heaross, Guardian of Battleon."

"Drop the titles." Night Light demanded. "Why are you dating our daughter?" He crept closer to the man, making the height difference that much more noticeable.

Standing his ground, Heaross replied, "Because she is a wonderful pony. She's smart, funny, and all around a pleasure to be with." Just as Night Light opened his mouth, Heaross cut him off with, "And before you jump to conclusions about royalty and all that," He reached a hand through the portal he had opened up in that moment, pulling out the paper with his and Twilight's signatures on it, "We have signed legal documents that if we were to wed," Twilight Velvet growled at that, "I would not inherit the title of 'Prince'."

The parents were dumbfounded. They thought that the human was only trying to get closer to Twilight for her rank, only to find the opposite. "Well," Twilight Velvet said, regaining her composure, "That does not mean that you are perfect for her."

"And I wouldn't expect him to be." The alicorn spoke up, finally getting a word in. "Heaross respects me as an intelligent, caring individual, and he only wants to see the best for me. Sure, he makes mistakes, but we all do." Twilight flew up to perch on his shoulder then.

"Don't you think you two might have taken this a little quickly?" Night Light questioned.

"We... might have taken things a bit faster than intended." Heaross confessed. "It doesn't make it any less real." He gave a warm glance to Twilight, eye level with her now.

Both of her parents sighed before conversing in whispered tones, glancing quickly at Heaross. With a final sigh between them, they turned back to the couple while Twilight Velvet asked Twilight Sparkle, "Are you sure that you want to be with him?" Heaross gave a small look of offense at that. "We just want you to be happy."

Twilight jumped down, walking over to her parents who she gave a hug to. "Mom, Dad, I am happy with him. Since I became a princess, almost nopony has taken my word as a friend, they all act like I'm super important now. Heaross makes me happy because he sees past that. He doesn't see a princess to rescue or a conquest to overtake, he sees me for me." She glanced back at the warrior, who gave her a kind smile, before turning back to her parents. "Yes, I want to be with him."

Her parents returned the hug, before responding, "If he makes you happy, we'll accept it. But, young mister," Twilight Velvet exclaimed to Heaross, "If you hurt a single hair in her mane, so help me, I will tear Tartarus apart to throw you in there myself!"

Not wanting to antagonize the mother, Heaross sheepishly answered, "Yes ma'am. I won't hurt her."

"Good boy." Night Light said. "Now, is there anything to eat? We missed dinner."

Heaross laughed before pointing them in the direction of the kitchen. Twilight's parents left the room, leaving just the happy couple in there. With a heavy sigh, Heaross sat on the couch. Twilight joined him a moment later, laying across his thighs. "That went well." Commented the Guardian.

"I thought they would hate you." Responded Twilight.

"Frankly, so did I."

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief that changed into a slight moan when Heaross started to knead and roll her withers. The warrior's deft fingers accurately pressed and shifted tense muscles that had been there since her parents arrived. A small spot on her spine, when pressed, caused her to moan rather loudly. While Twilight blushed, Heaross less so, they both could hear laughter erupt from the kitchen.

"Found the spot, did ya?" Night Light called out to Heaross.

"Careful, she gets unruly if you press it too much!" Twilight Velvet added, to Twilight Sparkle's dismay. More laughter came from the parent duo.

Curious, Heaross pressed the spot a little harder, to which Twilight uncontrollably moaned even louder. While raucous laughter kept coming from the kitchen, the Guardian gained a devilish smile. The princess glared at Heaross, though this was tempered by the heavy blush upon her muzzle. Heaross furiously increased the pace of his massage, pressing harder on the spot and other sensitive places until her moans drowned out the uproarious laughter of her parents. The pony, little more than putty in Heaross' hands, would have done something if it weren't for the fact that her mind was extremely muddled by the vigorous treatment.

After a few solid minutes of moans, Heaross finally relented on his assault. Twilight managed to catch her breath for once, while slowly turning her head to face her attacker. Her mane was frazzled by the massage, while her breath was short and stilted. After a moment, she leaped onto Heaross, driving him to his back on the couch with a large wheeze of air being knocked out of him.

"You did it now, Heaross!" Night Light called again. "You drove her too far and now you pay the consequences!" Said consequences amounted to having his entire armor set being torn off and flung around the room by the magically adept alicorn.

Quickly leaping away from the ravenous monster after him, Heaross raced towards his bedroom, Twilight in close pursuit. He closed the door to the room, while Twilight smacked into it, flying at full speed. This didn't deter her though, as she simply teleported through the threshold and into the room. With a small *click* the door locked and Heaross was backed into a corner.

Twilight's voice hung still in the air, low and seductive while unchallenged. "Oh, come here my Guardian. You can't stop me this time, oh no, you did this yourself and now you have to face the truth of the matter. You did this to me, so I'm going to repay every single bit of it in kind."

As she crept closer and closer to Heaross, he heard just outside of his bedroom her parents laughing. "Sorry, Heaross!" Twilight Velvet called out. "We couldn't stop her when she was a filly, and we sure can't stop her now! Have fun~!" With a sound almost like a growling predator, Twilight pounced.


Heaross woke up, softly cuddling Twilight while she slept. Without a doubt, that was the weirdest night he had ever had. Blinking a bit, the man noticed how the sunlight streamed through the blinds in his bedroom. Something felt off, but he couldn't place what it was. Heaross racked his brain trying to figure out what was missing, but nothing came up. After letting his thoughts drift for a bit, they turned to Scootaloo and what he had said the previous day. With a jolt, Heaross got up and immediately started putting on his armor.

Twilight awoke from the noise he was making as he got ready for the day, though with great haste. "Heaross, what is it?" She tentatively asked.

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!" Heaross shouted out, startling the waking alicorn.

"Late for what?"

"I have to be at the Crystal Empire right now to guide the students on their flag carrying! Dammit, I overslept!" Heaross was frantically searching for his missing shoulder plate when he found Twilight holding it. "Twilight, can I please get that? I really need to go."

"Sure, Heaross." She handed him the plate, giving him a kiss before saying, "Go get 'em, tiger."

The Guardian grinned, before launching out of the front door, where he jumped, twirled, and switched to the Fujin armor midair before quickly flying off. He set towards the direction of the train station, before spinning back to wave at Twilight, standing in the doorway. Turning back, he saw the smoke from the train moving farther and farther away from Ponyville, so he commanded the winds to move him closer to the rails.

Scootaloo, currently on the train, was looking out of the window, wondering just where Heaross was. He was supposed to be on the train, prepping the foals for the competition. She turned back to Sweetie Belle who had asked something of her. "Sorry, what was it, Sweetie?"

"I said, would you look out the window over here?" The filly was pointing to the window opposite of Scootaloo, where a crowd of the other classmates were staring out of it. Curious, the leader of the Rainbow Dash fanclub looked outside of it, and subsequently, her jaw completely dropped from it's hinges.

Outside, she saw Heaross flying alongside the train, easily keeping pace. When he saw the filly, he motioned for the students to roll the window down. The class eagerly obeyed, and when Heaross had closed the distance between him and the train, he called out to Scootaloo, "Hey kid, you ready for your first lesson?"

"Heck yeah, Heaross!" Said filly couldn't contain her excitement, and without thinking one drop, bounded out of the window. Normally, this would equate to her being roadkill on the side of the tracks, but for some reason, she landed on a solid, invisible platform.

"First lesson, don't do that." Heaross stood on the platform, not being affected by the rushing wind at all, while Scootaloo's mane was sweeping back and forth across her face and neck. "Second lesson," Heaross instructed, "You control the winds. Don't fight them, but assert your dominance. Never go against them, for you will plummet, fast."

"How do I control the winds?" She called out over the roaring of the train engine.

"Like this." Heaross thrusted an arm in the direction opposite of where the train was heading, then slowly pulled it back in the other direction. As his arm moved, the wind around Scootaloo slowly changed to the other direction, stopping completely at one point then buffeting her the other way. "You have to work with the wind, then coerce it to move for you. You can't brute force it, as some would think. It's very hard to attain mastery of the air, but it's rather easy to learn how to make it work for you."

"How do I do that, Heaross?" The filly stood up now, fighting the wind from pushing her off the platform.

"For me," He explained, "I have the Fujin armor. Some would consider it cheating, but I find it to work just fine. For you, however," He moved his head towards Scootaloo, "You'll have to use your innate pegasi magic."

"But I don't have magic! I can't use any!" Scootaloo was blinking away tears now as the wind started pushing her, edging her along the platform.

"Yes you do, Scootaloo. All pegasi have magic, though most have no idea on how to control it. Focus."

"How?!"

The winds suddenly died down, to where she couldn't even hear the train engine any more. "Find your center." Heaross said, piercing the thick silence. "Focus on what makes you a pegasus. Why can't you fly?"

"Because... my wings are too small." She admitted, her head hung in shame. "I can't move them fast enough to move through the air like Rainbow Dash or you."

"No, that's not true. It's not the size of a pegasus' wings that matter, it's how they can control the movement of the wind." Heaross knelt closer to the filly, lifting her chin with a finger. "Believe in yourself. You can fly." Scootaloo had tears in her eyes, both from the wind and admitting her self-perceived faults. "Let me help you for just a moment here."

Under her wings, a sudden flowing came up, pushing them. Instead of fighting it like most would have said, she let it carry her around. Slowly, she started to flap her wings and move with the wind. "I-I'm doing it!" Gaining confidence, Scootaloo started attempting to command the wind, telling it to move where she would flap her wings. While it didn't feel like the wind was listening to her, it followed her around, pushing up on her tiny wings. She kept going with the wind before attempting to move in a different direction than where it was pushing her. It took her a few minutes before the wind started to move with her, instead of against her. Slowly, Scootaloo tried to command more of it to gather under her wings, and propel her further. And the wind listened. She started to fly higher, above Heaross, above the train, above her fears.

"Scootaloo! Come on down, we're about to arrive at the Crystal Empire!" Listening to the Guardian, she flew down to his arms, where he held her as they entered the train wagon. Everypony on board had dropped their jaws onto the floor, to the amusement of the pair. "You did good, Scootaloo."

"What do you mean, you were the one controlling the wind, right?" The filly was very confused, though she did remember the feeling of listening to the wind and having it respond.

"At first, yes I was. Near the end there, though, you took control and flew by yourself." Heaross kept a sincere smile on his face, since it was all true. He had started it, but partway through he felt the wind listen less and less until he didn't have control over it. Curious, he felt Scootaloo's magic and aura, and was stunned. He didn't fully understand it himself, but what he knew was that she had something called a Mana Essence instead of a Mana Pool. He would explain what they were to her later, most likely during the second lesson. "I didn't help you at the end there. You listened to the wind, and it listened back. When you can achieve that state of harmony with it, then you can control the wind."

"I... I did that?" Scootaloo asked.

"Yes, you did. With some more practice, you can do that subconsciously. But," He said, a finger raised, "Don't try to fly again without Rainbow Dash or I there. Without someone to supervise you, you could lose control and hurt yourself or someone else you care about."

"Got it, Heaross!"

As the warrior changed back to the Ultra Guardian Armor, the train pulled into the Crystal Station. With a shout of encouragement to the class, they exited the train, flags in tow.

Author's Note:

Well, this chapter was fun to write. Scootaloo's lessons have started, and Heaross has been invited to the Equestria Games. This is going to be very, very interesting...

Heaross has met Twilight's parents, subverted a war with them, and had a fun experience with Twilight, all in one night, and Celestia and Luna have invited Heaross to the castle for some fun. He's got quite a full plate, doesn't he?

Thanks for reading, leave a review and point out any mistakes I made!