• Published 22nd Jul 2017
  • 1,933 Views, 23 Comments

The New Crystal Empire - MoonlightEclipsed



A spin-off from the Sombra universe we are able to see in the season 5 chapter finale. The war ends by making a treaty: Luna would stay in the Crystal Empire by marrying Sombra, and peace would come with the end of the war. Luna&Sombra pairing

  • ...
1
 23
 1,933

Chapter 4. (Name to be decided)

Silence was thick for the next moments, tensions running high as Cadence tried to come to terms with the information she had just been given. Surely, she had misheard her aunt Luna? It couldn’t be possible that something like this had happened to stop the war so suddenly. “It must be the delayed effects of the shock, some remaining minor problem derived from staying in that dungeon without magic. Yeah, must be that.” But the more her brain tried to come up with a logical answer to build an excuse for her hearing being wrong, the more it brought up the fact that her aunt had been very clear.

“No… No, please… Please Aunt Luna, tell me you are joking or something... this, this can’t be right! You shouldn’t have to be faced with that kind of decision and accept it just for our sake! Maybe there was another way? Some other tactic inside the army or a new magic spell, something!” Cadence broke down crying, hugging her aunt when hearing soft sobs coming from her also, it was obvious both were hurting. It made sense though… If Luna had decided this without telling Celestia and forcing her to spend even more of her life without her sister after the Thousand-Year banishment… Then Celestia would have every right to be upset.

But sooner or later they would have to talk to each other about it, go over the details and face what was going to be the new future. Ignoring each other would only end with tension building high and then exploding in both their faces, probably in the form of a yelling match. Hopefully they would get over their fears and sit down to talk, as they had limited time before Luna had to return to the Crystal Empire to keep her end of the treaty. And no one needed to be on constant worry over how the relationship of the royal sisters would take a turn for the worst again.

Once both mares stopped crying they finally pulled apart enough to look at each other, Cadence’s eyes betraying worry and concern, while Luna’s showed how scared she truly was and the settling anxiety over the unknown future that was looming over their heads. They stayed silent, and finally ended the hug when hearing Twilight softly calling out for Cadence, probably finished fussing over her brother and hopefully letting him sleep peacefully.

After a couple seconds of gathering themselves and trying to act calm, Cadence called out for Twilight to come in. Soon, the purple unicorn came in and after briefly bowing to Princess Luna, ran to carefully wrap Cadence in a hug. “Are you okay Cadence? I was worried when one of the guards came to get me and told me you and my brother were being treated by a doctor back in here.”



“I’m fine Twilight, don’t worry. Like your brother, I’ll need a good amount of rest and allow my magic to come back little by little before thinking on using it again for any spell more complex than telekinesis. Can I count on you to help me keep your brother still? We both know how stubborn he can be, and I’d hate for him to get more hurt by trying to push his limits too hard.” Cadence knew that if someone was able to force Shinning Armor to stay still and do as the doctor told them, it would be Twilight, and hopefully help him get around without using his magic.

Using Twilight’s help, she carefully stands up and gently excuses herself to go get some rest, suggesting that maybe Twilight could keep Princess Luna company while she was sleeping. “Thanks Twilight, we’ll talk more when I wake up, I promise, and you can ask me anything when we’re finally on the train.” She pulls the curtains closed and curls up next to Shining Armor. Gently nuzzling him before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

----------------------------------------------------**********---------------------------------------------------

Twilight watched as Cadence walked out, looking up to Princess Luna once the curtain was closed. She hadn’t gotten around to spending much time around the new Princess since her return, as she had continued with her studies under Princess Celestia and hun around Cadence or Moondancer. Sure, she had helped her settle down in the castle and answer any questions about the new technology, but there wasn’t a bond there. Not like she had with Celestia.

She held both Princess in high regards but saw them in much different lights. While Celestia came off as kind and calm, open for ponies to talk to and even motherly, Luna came off as mysterious, strong, patient. In all honesty, Luna better fit the profile of a masked superhero from one of Shining’s comic-books that he liked to force her to read.

It seemed she had gone off in deep thought as it took a small nudge from Princess Luna for her to come back to reality, blushing sheepishly. She was met with an amused smile formed on the princess’ face, a huge contrast to the saddened face that had been there when she came inside looking for Cadence. “A bit for your thoughts Twilight? I called your name a couple times, but you were so deep in thought you didn’t answer”

“S-sorry Princess Luna!” Twilight hesitated for a couple seconds before deciding to tell honestly what she had been thinking instead of trying to make up something in the spot. “I had just begun to compare you to Princess Celestia, I can’t help but notice the differences in personality and how… you could almost pass as one of the ‘mysterious’ superheros in one of my brothers’ comic-books.”

Luna blinked, taking in what Twilight had just said, probably debating if she was going to snap her with her magic in that instant or tell her off to Princess Celestia so her mentor would scold her. Just as Twilight was already preparing to apologize and beg to keep this between them, Princess Luna began laughing. “While I don’t think I do enough things to actually be like those superheroes I appreciate that comparison Twilight. And I needed that laugh, honestly. Thank you”

Twilight sighed in relief, glad that she hadn’t messed up one of the closest interactions she’d had with Princess Luna and wouldn’t disappoint her mentor. She ached to ask her if the rumor of the war being over was real, and the details over it, but for once she listened to her conscience and decided against it. Maybe Cadence would know more about it and would be willing to talk to her, or even Princess Celestia, but until then she could use the time better by asking Princess Luna other things.

“Princess Luna, could I ask you a couple questions related to the night sky or about customs back before your banishment? I found a couple books while researching and I felt that you would be a better source of information”

Author's Note:

Nothing more to say that hasn't been said in the previous author's note. Just remind you that I'd love suggestions for the chapter names.

Here's a small peek into the POV's for the next chapters
Ch 5- Twilight
Ch 6- Luna (might do half as Celestia also or leave her for another chapter)
Ch 7- Sombra (this one will be made with a lot of help from Nightmare Darkness, as I suck at writing villains. I have a good idea over how I want Sombra to be, but if I wrote you guys would suffer from how bad it was written hehe)

Comments and constructive critics are appreciated!

Oh! and I also found a way to try update faster. I have one class on Tuesdays that is a bore to me, and doesn't require me to put 100% of my attention, so I'll use it most likely to write down drafts of the story.

-Moonlight

Comments ( 8 )

Try 'a bit for your thoughts'. The plural of superhero is superheros, there's no '.

Though, is Sombra really still a villain if he's going to be marrying Luna and is in a story with a slice of life tag and e-rated? You seem to be setting up a potentially sympathetic portrayal here~

Unless he's going to eat all the wedding cake. That's very evil.

9118262
At the cost of not giving away much spoilers, all I'll say is that I'm going more towards a sort of 'reformation' of Sombra. Something similar to Discord, but he's going to play his fair share of cards here, I tend to think of him as quite intelligent so obviously he's not going to let the ponies walk over him.

And that there'll be no wedding right away, if I manage to portray him the way I want with Nightmare's help, you'll see why. I really, really don't want to give any BIG spoiler even if you're my favorite Luna x Sombra author :twilightblush:

9118560
Wait I’m what :O

aaaaaaa why do i lack consitently reading updates-
9118560
he's my favorite too

Contínua a história por favor 🙏

Eny

Please update 😭

Ah you bitch. Leaving a really good story abandoned. . .

Login or register to comment