• Published 19th Jul 2017
  • 1,253 Views, 10 Comments

The Silent Colt - lightningman



A young colt comes to ponyville. But he possesses a lot of power

  • ...
12
 10
 1,253

Chapter 3 - The First Day

As Silent woke up, He was greeted with silence. He looked around and noticed that the orange filly from yesterday was waking up as well. He could hear a ringing in his ears and saw that the orange filly had an alarm clock. He shook his head and got out of bed.

"How'd I sleep for so long? I usually wake up much earlier than this." He thought. He decided to think about that later and he got ready for school. He noticed that the orange filly was eyeing him warily. Understandable, since he freaked her out yesterday. He finished up and started walking to school. The orange filly looked like she was working courage up for something. He found out what it was soon.

"um.... Excuse me?" Silent looked at the orange filly as if to say. "Yeah?" The orange filly recoiled a little, but seemed to relax under the non-hostility in the colt's eyes.

"I was just wondering, Why do you eat meat? And How did you begin to eat meat?" Silent thought for a few moments. He didn't want to scare this filly more than he already did.

He decided to write down on his notebook. "Because I had to, And I got into the habit of eating it. It's not as bad as everyone else make it seem."

The orange filly decided to dwell on these words for a little bit before saying hesitantly. "C-could I maybe try some? Just a little bit and see if I like it?" Silent was surprised at this. This was a very daring filly right here. She was willing to try out meat just because of someone she just met said that It was okay.

He then wrote down. "Are you sure? It could make you sick. It is manticore meat after all." The orange fillies eyes widened. She mouthed. "Manticore meat?" She then looked at me. "Where'd you find a dead manticore?" I sighed and repeated what I told the 3 mares from yesterday. I could tell she felt anxious about something, but terrified at the same time.

"Oh, I also forgot to introduce myself. My name is Scootaloo. The other two fillies that were with me were named Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. I never learned your name."

Silent Power wrote down. "Just call me Silent. I probably won't be here for long if the citizens of Ponyville can help it, So I don't want you to get too attached to me."

"Oh, Um.. Ok, Silent. Your name suits you well." Silent merely nodded at the sheer luck that his mom had named him that. They eventually got into the school yard and Silent heard something.

"Great, Another colt in class. He's probably another blank flank!" Silent turned around to see a light pink filly and a white pony laughing meanly.

"That's Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. The school's bullies." Scootaloo said with a bit of anger in her voice.

Silent wrote down. "Should I freak them out or not?" Scootaloo looked at Silent.

"You have more meat to do that?" She whispered to him so that nobody could hear.

Silent wrote down. "It's a manticore. I still have enough meat to last me at least 5 months. But I wasn't going to use that to freak them out."

Scootaloo looked questioningly at the colt. "Then what?" Silent merely moved his coat so that Scootaloo could see his hidden sword. Her eyes widened. She broke into a smile.

"You really like to terrify people don't you?" Silent merely wrote down. "If it gets people to leave me alone, then yes."

"Then why did you let me talk to you?"

"Because you seem to be smart enough not to insult me. So should I?"

Scootaloo was about to answer when Ms.cheerilee called out. "School is about to start. Please come inside!" Silent went inside and went to the back corner of the class.

Soon Ms.Cheerilee was taking attendance. When she finished she said. "Fillies and Colts, We have a new student with us today. Could you please come up?" Silent went up to the front. "Now, could you please introduce yourself to the class?" Silent looked at the ponies and saw Applebloom and Sweetie Belle looking at him scared. He then looked at Scootaloo with a look that plainly said. "Some help would be appreciated." Scootaloo nodded.

"Um. He asked me to call him Silent. And as you can tell. He doesn't talk." Everyone looked at her questioningly. They then turned to Silent who nodded at Scootaloo's words and went back to his seat. But he was stopped by the same voice he heard earlier. Diamond Tiara.

"Does he have a cutie mark? Or is he another useless blank flank?" Silent looked at her with the same glare that he used on the three mares yesterday. He then reached into his jacket and pulled out his sword. Everyone except for Scootaloo yelped and jumped back from him. He then smiled. And spoke the first words he had said in years, in a deep voice that should never belong to a colt.

"I'm not useless. Blank flanks can be useful. In fact, I've done more than some people with cutie marks have. Have they ever killed manticore? Have they ever eaten it's meat? HAVE THEY EVER LIVED IN THE EVERFREE FOREST FOR 5 BUCKING YEARS!!!" Silent was yelling by this time. letting lose years of resentment towards hundreds of ponies that have treated him terribly. "HAVE THEIR PARENTS EVER DIED AND SOMEHOW GIVEN THEIR CHILD THEIR PHYSICAL ABILITIES!!" Silent stomped as hard as he could and the building shook. "SO DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT BEING USELESS! I'VE DONE MORE IN 10 YEARS OF MY LIFE THAN SOME PONIES HAVE EVER DONE IN THEIR ENTIRE LIVES!" He struck the ground with his sword. leaving it there so that as long as it was there, the colts and fillies there would remember this. "I just want everyone to not have to suffer the same things I have. And unfortunately, I've heard you and Silver Spoon are the school bullies. I don't care who your family is, or who exactly you are. You have no right to treat people like they are below you."

Diamond Tiara then mumbled. "But they are below me. They are just blank flanks with no destiny set out for them."

Silent then said. "Exactly, No destiny is set out for them, so they can do anything they want! But what about the people who have their destinies set out for them at a very early age. They'll never get to feel adventure's touch. They'll never get to feel the rush of surviving of your own two front hooves. I can honestly say that I feel bad for them. But blank flanks? They don't have any destiny, so they can do anything they want, without having to worry about reaching anything that could potentially be there. Because there is nothing there. They can set their own potential for others. That's why I never even want a cutie mark. So I can continue on my own path instead of ones that other set out for me. Have you heard of the myth that no two cutie marks are alike? Well, that's just that. A MYTH!! Have you ever noticed that lots of ponies have the same job? The Cutie Marks may look different, but they overall mean the exact same thing. Has anyone ever thought about that? NO? Because they are so busy with their 'Destiny.' That they are rendered blind by It." Silent was breathing heavily.

He then continued. "Now back to what i was saying. You are Silver Spoon are the school bullies. I don't care who you are or what contacts you may have. If you ever bully anyone else. I will personally make sure that you are punished. And if your parents don't care if you are a bully or not? I will do the punishing if necessary. And that goes for Everyone else." He looked around at all of the other colts and fillies. "If i ever catch any of you bullying anyone else. I will make sure you are punished." He stomped again and fell silent. He went back to his seat. The air around him was colder than ice. Everyone just looked at him in shock and fear. His sword was still sticking up through the floorboards.