• Published 30th Jul 2017
  • 536 Views, 3 Comments

The Pear in Me - Creativa-Artly01



Pear Butter may be a Pear but that doesn't mean she wants to be one. She has no choice in the matter.

  • ...
 3
 536

Chapter 2

A few days after getting in trouble with her father, Pear Butter is just sitting in her room when all of a sudden she hears her father crying outside. She then peeks out her window and she's him standing over her mother, who seems to be motionless. "Sweet Pear! Sweet Pear!" cries Prickly. "Get up!" He sits there for a few moments, then it hits him. He checks her pulse and alas, there isn't one. He then carries her to the familial burial ground behind the main barn. There, he buries her, then sits down and cries. Pear Butter rushes down from her room and goes to comfort her father.

"It'll be okay, daddy," says Pear Butter, trying to comfort him. "It'll be okay."

"I can't help but blame myself, she was standing there when the tree fell on top of her and I did nothing, I did nothing," he bursts into tears. Pear Butter continues to try and comfort him and her older sisters, Sour Pear and Candied Pear soon come over and do the same.

"Oh daddy," sighs Sour Pear, "everything will get better in time. We promise."

"Come on," adds in Candied Pear, "we have a funeral to plan. After all, all Maw's family is spread all across Equestria."

"You're right," replies Prickly as he follows his three daughters inside. Once inside, they sit down and send out the notes to let the rest of the family know that Sweet Pear has passed away.

Three days later, the family has the funeral. All of Sweet Pear's family was able to make it, so was Prickly's few that lived beyond the farm as well. Even Sweet's close friends Mr. and Mrs. Orange and their daughter Tangerine manage to make it. The funeral soon begins and several tears are shed and words are said.

After the funeral, Prickly goes off and just sits by his wife's grave and cries. "It's all my fault, I should've pushed you out of the way."

Meanwhile, the rest of the family talks over all the memories they shared with Sweet Pear. No one realizes that Prickly has left the rest of them. Not even his own daughters realize that he is gone. Heck, Pear Butter is more so paying attention to the fact that Bright Mac came over to comfort her once he learned of her mother's passing.

"I know how you feel," says Bright Mac, pulling the curl out of Buttercup's face, "really Buttercup, I do. My dad died not long after I was born. His name was Amber Bark. I don't know him, at least, you knew your mother."

"You're right," replies Buttercup as she places her head in his arms and cries on his shoulder. "It still hurts just the same." The two then say their goodbyes and part ways. After all, Bright Mac doesn't want to get in trouble with his mother and Buttercup doesn't want to get in trouble with her father. Even so, they can't help but cry all the way back to their respective homes.