• Published 18th Jul 2017
  • 16,179 Views, 109 Comments

Critical Condition - KR Chrome



Based on 2014’s My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Holiday Special, aka the infamous Anon-a-Miss story. Anyway, this is an alternate retelling of the story. What if something happened to Sunset Shimmer as she went out holiday shopping?

  • ...
31
 109
 16,179

Visit

The Rainbooms and Crusaders went to the hospital.

When they first saw Sunset in the ICU, Rarity nearly fainted.

Sunset had stitches across her forehead while her entire head sans her face was wrapped in bandages. She had a cast on her right arm and her left leg was in another cast. It was elevated. She was hooked up to an IV and a machine to keep track of her heart rate. She had a breathing mask on. She wore a hospital gown.

When the Crusaders saw Sunset, they broke down in tears. The doctor told them that the surgery was a success and Sunset would make it with no complications. But she was now in a coma.

The Rainbooms learned that on the night she was admitted, Sunset had gone Christmas shopping. The gifts were miraculously intact, landing safely near the scene of the accident.

Berry Punch was charged with DUI.

The Rainbooms did not care about the gifts or Berry Punch. They just wanted Sunset to wake up.


Dash sat at the lunch table in the cafeteria with a black eye.

“Quite a shiner you got there, Dash,” Applejack observed.

“Yeah, but it was worth it,” Rainbow Dash grinned. She got into a fight with some kids who were saying mean things about Sunset. Luna broke up the fight and gave everyone involved detention.

“I think I have something that can conceal that, dear,” offered Rarity as she rummaged through her makeup bag.

“Relax, Rarity. It’s just a black eye. It will fade.”

“So...um...how was Sunset doing yesterday?” Fluttershy asked. She could not go visit as she had work to do at the animal shelter the previous day.

Applejack sighed.

“No change.”

Pinkie Pie groaned.

“This sucks. Christmas is coming but I don’t feel so jolly. I just wish Sunset would wake up already.”

Rarity patted Pinkie’s back to comfort her.

“I wish there was a magical solution too, dear. But all we can do is be there for her.”


The Rainbooms went to visit Sunset after school. What they found was a surprise.

“Hey, girls,” Sunset Shimmer greeted.

“SUNSET!”

Pinkie Pie would’ve glomped her, but doing so while Sunset Shimmer was still healing was not a good idea.

After she woke up, Sunset saw the flowers, balloons and Get Well cards. They were signed by her friends and even Flash Sentry.

“I’m glad to see you all here, but where’s Rainbow?”

“She’s in detention for getting into a fight, sugarcube.”

"Why?"

“For defending your honor, darling.”

“Defending my honor?”

“A few of our classmates said less than kind things about you, so Rainbow decided to take matters into her own hands.”

“I guess I should thank her the next time I see her.”

“How are you feeling, Sunset?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’m OK, but the nurse gave me some painkillers so I’ll probably fall asleep pretty soon,” Sunset answered before releasing a yawn. “Excuse me.”

“Did the doctor tell ya when you’re getting out?” Applejack asked.

“They plan to keep me for observation for a couple of days before they release me.”

“That’s the best news I’ve heard so far!” Pinkie cheered as she threw confetti

“Pinkie, this is a hospital!” Rarity scolded her for making a mess.

“So, did anything interesting happen while I was away?” Sunset asked.