• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,701 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,701

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 45: Operation: Storm Po Town! (Part 2)

Thanks to the Sharpedo, the team of Four soon came to shore on the other end of the bay, "Ok, so which way to Po Town from here?" Will wondered, as they climbed some stairs.

"Po Town should be located just beyond Ula'ula Meadow," Rotom replied, displaying a map.

"Ok, looks to be a straight shot through. Let's get going," Will said, as they dashed through a passageway leading into the Meadow. Meanwhile, a couple of shifty looking people watch the four, as they ran past them.

"It's that guy who caught Ho-oh?" one of the men asked.

"Yeah, it was. We'd better report into Giovanni. I think he'll be pleased to know," the other man replied, as light shone off of two big "R"s on each of their breast pockets.


Walking into Ula'ula Meadow, the rescue team saw it was very misty, with red flowers growing in the ground below a wooden walkway, "Man, it's humid!" Toby commented, tugging at his shirt, feeling a little warm.

"Of course it is," a familiar, snide voice replied. They saw the familiar figure of Faba approaching them, "Now, what brings the four of you out here, and without your entourage?" he asked, not seeing Serenity or the Louds.

"We're on a rescue mission to Po Town," Silver Spoon replied.

"My goodness, that's a rather tall order. With all those Team Skull Grunts lurking about, hardly anyone goes to Po Town of their own accord. But, you lot seem to have quite a bit of strength that could help you to rival the might of all of the Grunts in Po Town combined," Faba commented, as he left.

"That guy seriously creeps me out," Silver Spoon commented, as they pressed on. It didn't take them long to reach the other side of the meadow. However, once they exited the meadow, it started raining.

"Kind of fitting that such a dreary place would have equally dreary weather," Toby commented, as they walked along the path. They walked past an old police station, that looked to be littered with tons of Alolan Meowth. Up on the rocky cliffs, they saw several Team Skull Grunts, eying them like predators to prey. They soon found themselves at what appeared to be a doorway into Po Town. The only bad news? It had a gang of Grunts on guard.

"Eh, yo! You chumps here to join up with us?" one grunt questioned. It was then that they noticed the Z Power Rings.

"Huh? You got Z Power Rings?! I get it, you dorks came to make fun of those of us who couldn't cut it in the Island Challenge!" the second Grunt accused.

"We have no reason to cause any trouble. We just need to get in to speak with Guzma," Will stated, trying a diplomatic approach.

"Well, if you want to get in, you got to pay the toll," the lead grunt said, as the four of them sent out Raticate, Grimer, Scraggy, and Trubbish.

"I was hoping to wait till we were inside to do any battling, but not everything goes according to plan," Toby commented, as he sent out Gardevoir. Fluttershy sent out Steelix, Will went with Aron, and Silver Spoon chose Goodra.

"Whoa, a couple of rare Pokémon! I think we'll take them off you hands once we win! Now, team attack! Raticate, use Crunch! Scraggy, use Iron Head! Grimer and Trubbish, Sludge Bomb!" the lead grunt ordered, as all of their Pokémon went on to attack.

"Quick Aron, use Head Smash!" Will instructed. Cloaking itself in blue energy, Aron then charged at Raticate, knocking it out, "And since my Aron has the Rock Head Ability, it can use Head Smash with no trouble," Will commented.

"Steelix has that same ability, so use Double Edge!" Fluttershy instructed. Steelix then became enveloped in a yellow light, as it slammed into Scraggy, also knocking it out.

"Gardevoir, use Psychic on Trubbish!" Toby instructed. The ditzy Embrace Pokémon then used the attack on Trubbish, slamming it into the ground.

"Ok Goodra, let's finish mopping up these guys with Dragon Pulse!" Silver Spoon instructed. Her Goodra then fired off Dragon Pulse, which was able to take out Grimer.

"Aw man! These guys are way too strong! That's it! We're not letting you in!" the lead grunt yelled, as they recalled their Pokémon, and retreated back inside, with the door slamming shut.

"Damn! Now how are we going to get inside?!" Will grumbled.

"For such a small group, you folks like making a lot of noise!" a grumpy man's voice complained. They turned to see a drab looking man, dressed as a policeman's uniform, "Not many people come here willingly. So what brings you to these parts?" the man questioned, sounding like he couldn't care less.

"We're here because Team Skull took a little girl's Yungoos hostage," Will explained. The man scratched the back of his head.

"Well, everyone's got their own reasons for doing stuff, be it foolish or noble. I should warn you, when you enter that door, you lot had better be ready to either take on or live as Team Skull. Are you sure you're prepared to live with that?" the man asked.

"It's to help someone else, so of course we're ready," Will replied. The others shared his sentiments.

"Alright, I'll have them let y'all in. If you don't make it, I'll at least make sure your remains make it home," the man said, as he entered the door, leaving the four heroes with an aura of dread surrounding them.

"Not much of a ray of sunshine," Silver Spoon commented, as they followed after him.


Inside Po Town,

The four trainers were appalled to see the state Po Town was in. It was little more than a graffiti covered ghost town, with Team Skull grunts skulking about. They came up to a barricade, with two grunts on the other side, "What?! Intruders?! Can't those sentries do one simple job?!" one of the Grunts yelled in anger.

"It's fine man, they can't get past our barricade. And even if they found a way around it, we wouldn't let them past!" the other grunt reassured.

"We haven't time for this. Let's just blast our way through," Will suggested, releasing Hariyama, "Ok Hariyama, use Brick Break on that barricade!" he instructed. With tremendous power, Hariyama was able to reduce the pitiful barricade to splinters, "Let's hurry, before they regroup!" he suggested, recalling Hariyama, as the four raced through. Toby then noticed a large mansion at the end of town.

"Hey, that looks like a hideout someone like Guzma would hang out in!" he exclaimed, pointing to the mansion.

"Oh no you don't!" the Grunt from the barricade said, as he blew a whistle long and loud. This caused a large number of Grunts and their Pokémon to appear.

"There's too many of them! We'll never get through!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"Maybe not all together, but perhaps two of us could slip through while the others hold off these numskulls," Silver Spoon suggested, releasing all of her Pokémon.

"I'll stay behind too. You guys should try and find Guzma and rescue Yungoos!" Toby said, as he released all of his Pokémon as well.

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Fluttershy asked.

"We needn't defeat ALL of them. We just need to fend them off long enough for you to get inside. Toby and I can handle that," Silver Spoon replied, as Glaceon cleared a path for them, "Now GO! We'll join you as soon as we can!" she urged.

"Come on, Flora. These two are capable trainers. We should have faith in them," Will urged Fluttershy. Reluctantly, she followed Will into the Shady House, where they hoped to find Guzma, and the lost Yungoos.

"Now then, let's see about these guys," Toby commented, as his and Silver Spoon's Pokémon all readied themselves to battle.


Inside the Shady House,

With no guards at the front of the house, getting into the Shady House was easy enough, especially with the front door being so worn and rotted. Choosing to stick to the shadows, Will and Fluttershy snuck through the house, avoiding being spotted by all the Grunts, acting as sentries, "So far so good. Guzma may be up on the second level," Will commented, as he and Fluttershy ascended the staircase. This brought an end to their incognito plan, as about five or six Grunts were waiting on the upper level.

"I bet you jokers were planning on waltzing in on our boss, and disturbing his quiet time, eh? Well, not if we have anything to say about it!" one of the Grunts exclaimed, as he and some of the others sent out Pokémon, including Salandit, Grimer, Scraggy, Pawniard, and Mareanie.

"I had a feeling it wouldn't be that easy. Oh well," Will commented, as he and Fluttershy sent out Marowak and Crabominable.

"HOLD IT!" a voice echoed, that Will and Fluttershy recognized. Just then, Guzma himself appeared, "The hated boss that beats you down, and beats you down, and never lets up! Yeah, your boy Guzma is in the house!" Guzma announced, as the Grunts and their Pokémon stepped out of his way, "It's not often that someone COMES to me for a smackdown. So, what brings you and those two kids outside here?" Guzma questioned.

"We're here because some Grunts of yours stole a little girl's Yungoos. We're here to take it back," Will explained.

"Oh, no bone to pick with me then? Well, by all means, you can take it back," Guzma said nonchalantly. This came as a surprise to even the grunts.

"Really? Just like that? No battles? No arguments?" Will questioned.

"Yep. We have no real need for it," Guzma replied, as the frightened Yungoos came rushing behind them, and out of the Shady House.

"That was easier than I thought," Fluttershy commented.

"Yeah, maybe too easy," Will whispered.

"Of course, that last battle I had with you left a bad taste in my mouth, so I want to give my vaunted team a chance for revenge!" Guzma said, sending out Golisopod.

"Of course it wouldn't be that easy. Alright, I'll give you one more match. Ready Marowak?" Will asked. Marowak readied it's bone club for battle.

"First Impression," Guzma said, as Golisopod came into close quarters with Marowak, and struck the Bone Keeper Pokémon with it's claws. Thankfully, being a Ghost/Fire Type was able to keep Marowak from taking any large amount of damage, but it was still there.

"Ok Marowak, use Iron Head!" Will instructed. Marowak then delivered a powerful headbutt to Golisopod, who was able to tank the attack, "Ok, now use Will-o-Wisp!" Marowak then fired a bunch of fire balls at Golisopod.

"Protect," Guzma ordered. A barrier came up around Golisopod, nullifying Will-o-Wisp, "Now, use Razor Shell!" Guzma ordered. Golisopod then struck Marowak with it's claws. The damage Marowak took from Razor Shell, on top of First Impression was too much, and it was knocked out.

"Thanks Marowak, you did your best!" Will said, recalling Marowak, "Ok, maybe for my second Pokémon, Blitzle!" Will said, sending out a small, zebra like Pokémon with lighting bolt shaped stripes.

"A little runt like that, against my hard hitting Golisopod?! Get real!" Guzma taunted. This seemed to discourage Blitzle.

"Hey now, don't let what he's saying get you down. You've got the edge over Golisopod," Will encouraged Blitzle, which seemed to work.

"Golisopod, let's finish that runt off. Use Razor Shell," Guzma ordered. Golisopod then charged at Blitzle.

"Quick Blitzle, at the last second, dodge, then use Thunder Wave!" Will instructed. Blitzle then waiting for the last second, when it dodged, and fired a small electric jolt to Golisopod, which paralyzed the Hard Scale Pokémon, "Great, now use Spark!" Will instructed. Cloaking itself in electricity, Blitzle then slammed into Golisopod, who then returned to Guzma, only to be replaced with Ariados.

"Hmm, this runt has some spunk. I'll give you that, but Ariados is a whole other story," Guzma said, as the Long Leg Pokémon geared up to attack.

"Blitzle hasn't shown everything it can do! Blitzle, before Ariados can make a move, use Flame Charge!" Blitzle then became cloaked in fire, as it charged into Ariados, getting faster as it did.

"Ariados, use Poison Sting!" Guzma ordered. Ariados then fired purple needles at Blitzle, which did some damage to the little Electric Pokémon.

"Hang strong Blitzle!" Will encouraged. Blitzle then began to evolve. It became a much larger zebra Pokémon with a long lighting bolt shaped mane, extending all the way into a tail, and an aggressive look in it's eyes, "Blitzle just evolved! Now it's Zebstrika!" Will exclaimed.

"Zebstrika, the Thunderbolt Pokémon, an Electric Type, and the evolved form of Blitzle. It has an aggressive temperament. Zebstrika can be dangerous when angry, shooting lightning in all directions from its mane. It is lightning fast and when running at full gallop, thunder echos through the air," Rotom explained.

"It doesn't matter if you evolve or not, a weak little runt is still weak! Ariados, use Poison Jab!" Guzma ordered. Ariados went into attack the newly evolved Pokémon.

"Zebstrika quick, use Discharge!" Will instructed. Zebstrika then fired off the electric attack, which was not only able to repel Ariados, but also knock it out. Guzma growled, as he recalled Ariados, and readied the Pokeball holding his Golisopod.

"Go, Golisopod!" Guzma yelled, releasing Golisopod, who was still reeling from its previous bout.

"We can't afford to waste anymore time here. Zebstrika, use Flame Charge!" Will instructed. Zebstrika once again charged at Golisopod, while cloaked in fire, gaining speed as it galloped closer.

"Stop the attack with Pin Missile!" Guzma ordered. Golisopod then fired off several needle shaped projectiles, which appeared to slow up Zebstrika, "Now use Razor Shell," Guzma ordered. Once Zebstrika got in close, Golisopod slashed at it, knocking out the Thunderbolt Pokémon.

"Thanks Zebstrika, you did great!" Will praised, recalling his Pokémon, "Now then, Aron, let's go!" Will said, sending out Aron, 'Hopefully, Aron's Defensive Power can withstand Golisopod's offense,' Will thought, "Now Aron, use Rock Slide!" Aron then flung a bunch of large rocks onto Golisopod, who tanked the attack, "Now, use Head Smash!" Aron then charged full force into Golisopod, sending it back into the wall, knocked out. Once the dust cleared, Aron began to evolve. It became much larger, and looked to have more armor on.

"Whose that Pokémon?" Fluttershy asked.

"Lairon, the Iron Armor Pokémon, a Steel and Rock Type, and the evolved form of Aron. It lives near springs with mineral rich ores in the rocks. It sometimes gets into conflicts with miners that seek the same iron ore that Lairon uses for food," Rotom explained. Guzma appeared calm and collected, only to start scratching his head furiously.

"GAH!?!? GUZMA! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! TIME TO LET YOUR VAUNTED TEAM TO LET LOOSE AND DESTROY EVERYTHING!" Guzma yelled at the top of his lungs. He recalled Golisopod, then turned to the grunts, who all flinched, "Alright you grunts, we're clearing out! As for you two, there's a treasure my gang's been collecting for months. You're free to help yourselves," Guzma said, as he stormed out of the Shady House, with the Grunts all in tow. As soon as the last of the Grunts exited, Toby and Silver Spoon rushed in.

"I take it you were able to rescue Yungoos?" Silver Spoon asked.

"We did. Surprisingly enough, Guzma just let it go," Fluttershy replied.

"He also said something about a treasure somewhere inside this house," Will added.

"Most likely, he would've hidden it at the deepest part of the house, or maybe in his lair," Toby theorized.

"Well, it's worth at least searching the place," Silver Spoon said, releasing Haunter, "Haunter, could you be a dear, and try to find the deepest part of this house? Or something that looks like where a big boss would reside?" she asked her Ghost Pokémon. Haunter nodded, and phased through the walls. It didn't take Haunter long to return, with it's usual sinister smile, but it had a look of achievement to it, "Did you find the lair?" Silver Spoon asked. Haunter nodded, and led them through the Shady House. Eventually, Haunter brought them to a door that had seen better days. Will went first, carefully opening it, or attempting to. It was locked.

"Strange. Why would this door be locked if Guzma wants us to find whatever's inside?" Will asked.

"Well, there's one way we can get in," Toby said, releasing Metang, "Ok Metang, use Meteor Mash on that door!" Toby instructed. Will got out of the way, as Metang swung it's arm with the force of a meteor, reducing the door to splinters. Inside, they saw the room was littered with graffiti, juice bottles, and other garbage. The throne they saw at the back of the room had pound marks in the arm rests, as if someone had been pounding it with frustrations.

"Ok, so what would we be looking for?" Toby pondered, as they started looking around. it didn't take long for Fluttershy to spot a chest filed to the brim with pale green Z Crystals with a Bug Symbol in the center.

"I think this is it!" Fluttershy quietly called out. The others came over, and were shocked to see the chest of Buginium Z's.

"Team Skull must've been collecting all these Z Crystals from all over Alola for Guzma," Will theorized, as they each took one shard.

"We should probably give these to that police officer. Maybe he can get these to the Kahuna," Silver Spoon suggested. Closing the chest, Will picked up the chest. Thankfully, it didn't weigh too much, so it was easy for him to carry it out. Eventually, the four of them got out of the Shady House, to find the cop in question, looking at them.

"Do I have you four to thank for this?" the officer asked, looking down at the cowering Yungoos.

"Yes, we were able to do what we needed to do," Will replied.

"Well, it must've had a pretty good spook if it's happy to see a wretch like me. I'm going to be real with you guys; I have no intention of getting involved in the affairs of anyone whose battling Team Skull. Though, I guess since their boss got beat, there are fewer grunts than usual," the officer said, looking around. Acerola came running in just then.

"Uncle Nanu!" she exclaimed.

"Aw jeez, here comes the noise," Nanu complained.

"I got worried when the four of them didn't come back, so I came to check in. Guess I came too late?" Acerola asked.

"Yeah, we were able to get Yungoos back for that little girl," Toby replied.

"And we also have something we need to get to the Kahuna. Team Skull's been gathering all of the Z Crystals from all over," Will said, giving the chest to the disgruntled cop.

"Geez, more work for me," the cop said, as he took the chest and left.

"We oughta get out of here too. That little girl's worried sick about her Yungoos," Acerola suggested, as they all called some air Ride Pokémon. Once they were all safely mounted, they took off. However, what would come next, none of them were prepared for.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Alolan Muk (F), Alolan Marowak (M), Hariyama (M), Lairon (M), Zebstrika (M)




Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabominable (M), Steelix (M), Pupitar (M), Probopass (M), Bronzor (N/A)





Toby: Incineroar (M), Metang* (N/A), Flareon (F), Mawile (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M)





Serenity: Lopunny (F), Vikavolt (M) Eevee* (M), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)





Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Magnezone (N/A), Goodra* (F), Haunter (M), Glaceon (F),



Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)






Lori: Skarmory (F)







Luna: Houndour (F)







Lynn: Gyarados (M)






Lucy: Sandile (F)








Lana: Minccinno (F)






Lisa: Elgyem (M)






In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Electrike (F), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Corphish (M), Seedot (M), Goodra (M), Trevenant*(M), Pumpkaboo (Large Size)(M), Yamask (F), Litwik (F), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Haunter (M)





Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) Grotle (M), Bayleef (F), Hawlucha (M) Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Pawniard* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Geodude (M), Toucannon (F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Yamask (M), Litwik (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Haunter* (M)





Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Corphish (M), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (M), Alakazam (M), Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Grovyle (M), Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M) Goodra (F), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Vulpix (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Vulpix (F), Delphox (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Noibat (M), Pikachu (F), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Luxio (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Skrelp (M), Growlithe (M) Pawniard (F) Haunter (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Litwik (M), Duskull (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Yamask (F)






Serenity: Spinda (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), (M), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M)Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Pachirisu* (F) Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M),






Silver Spoon: Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Servine (F), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Blastoise (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), , Aron (F), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Shroomish (F), Helioptile (F), Numel (F), Magby (M), Elekid (M) Butterfree* (M) Goodra* (F), Haunter (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Litwik (M), Yamask (F), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M)






Totem Stickers So far: 89/100

In the next chapter, a little twist on both the Aether Foundation Arc in the games and the Rainbow Rocket Episode

PreviousChapters Next