• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,704 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,704

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 43: Abandoned Thrifty Mega Mart Trial (Ultra Rewrite)

It only took about five minutes for the Desert Team to arrive back at the Aether House. After dismounting their Ride Pokémon, they went inside, where the rest of the Loud Siblings, along with Hau and Lillie, were all waiting, with Acerola, "So, how'd the Desert treat you?" Acerola asked.

"We got ourselves the Psychium Z Crystals," Will replied, showing the aforementioned Z Crystal.

"Not only that, we also encountered the leader of the Bandit Star Pirates! A girl by the name of Nico, from some far off place called Galar," Lola piped up.

"Was she strong?" Hau asked.

"Well, we don't know for certain. She and Toby had a sparring match, but she chose to end it after Toby used a Z Move. She said her first day here she wiped the floor with Busujima," Luan replied.

"The Pokémon she used was strong, though. It was called Perrserker," Silver Spoon added.

"Well, in any case, if you guys are ready, I'll take you to the Trial Site. I am the Trial Captain, y'know? You can find the Trial Site easily. Just follow the path on the beach with the black sand," Acerola beamed, as she left the Aether House.

"You guys got here first, so you guys can take the trial first," Hau insisted.

"Very well then. Lets go guys. We need to catch up to Acerola," Will said, as the Ponyville Group and the Louds all exited the Aether House, and made their way to the Trial Site.

"Acerola said the Trial Site was along the Beach with black sand," Lincoln commented.

"I think I saw something like that when we were coming back," Lola commented.

"I did too. There was a path just south of the Pokémon Center. Speaking of which, I need to go change up my team," Toby commented.

"We'll wait outside for you," Fluttershy said, as Toby ducked into the Pokémon Center. Moments later, he exited, and they set out along the path the Desert Team saw. When they got to the beach, they were amazed to see pitch black sand. They had thought Acerola meant a few patches of black sand, and not an entire beach full of it!

"Well, only one way to find the next trial site," Will said, as they pressed onward. Soon, they saw Captain's Gates, in front of a flight of stairs. Ascending said stairs, they soon arrived at what looked to be a ruined Supermarket. They soon spotted Acerola.

"This building was built on ground that were sacred to our Island Guardian, Tapu Bulu. In it's rage, our guardian ravaged it, leaving it as a symbol of it's power to those who would dare to desecrate Tapu Bulu's sacred grounds. This place now serves as the Ghost Type Trial Site," Acerola explained.

"Seems fitting," Will commented.

"Yes. Now then, here's what you guys need to do. First, I'll upload a special function to your Rotom Pokedex, enabling you to snap pictures of Ghost Type Pokémon. Your task is to get a picture of the Totem Pokémon that lurks within. And just a friendly reminder, you can't catch any Pokémon or leave the trial site while your taking the trial," Acerola explained, as she plugged a flash drive into a port at the top of Rotom, "Hee-hee, Rotom's a Ghost Type too," she giggled.

"My camera function has been successfully updated! I am now able to take pictures of Ghost Type Pokémon!" Rotom proclaimed.

"Whenever you're ready, just head through those doors," Acerola said, pointing to the doors.

"Serenity, I want you to stay close to your brother and I," Fluttershy said, as they all approached the doors, walking inside.

Abandoned Thrifty Mega Mart Trial
Trial Goers: Will, Flora, Sylvia, and Toby

The inside of the abandoned supermarket was exactly as they suspected it would be. Isles were trashed, various food items, which were long past their expiration dates were either still on the shelves or on the floor. Serenity instinctively clung herself to Toby's back, refusing to let go. Thankfully, Toby was used to carrying Serenity when she got tired, so he was willing to let her stay on his back, "It's just like my favorite show," Lincoln commented.

"Oh yeah?" Toby asked.

"My friend, Clyde, and I watch a showed called 'ARRGH' a lot back in Royal Woods. It's a popular ghost hunting show in America," Lincoln explained. Just then, they heard something whirring. Will looked around, and saw a conveyor belt had turned itself on.

"This may be the work of some Ghost Pokémon, pulling a prank on us," he commented, as they gingerly went over to investigate.

"Ghost Pokémon Detected! Activating Pokefinder!" Rotom proclaimed, as it turned on the Pokefinder. Will then proceeded to point Rotom around, until he found some Ghost Pokémon. They appeared to be balls of gas with sinister faces on them.

"Gastly!" Will exclaimed, as he took a picture of them. However, this caused the Ghastly to become aware of the group, and started circling them.

"Gastly, the Gas Pokémon, a Ghost and Poison Type. Poisonous gas comprises 95% of its body. It's said that the remaining 5% is made up of the souls of those who died from the gas," Rotom explained.

"So we're basically up against a bunch of toxic fumes? That's not good," Lori commented.

"Quick, Decidueye, use Spirit Shackle!" Will said, releasing his Decidueye, who fired an arrow quill at one of the Gastly, knocking it out instantly.

"Probopass, use Rock Slide!" Fluttershy said, sending out Probopass, which dropped a bunch of rocks onto some more Gastly. The remaining Gastly fired off a Night Shade attack.

"Now Glaceon, use Mirror Coat!" Silver Spoon instructed, sending out Glaceon, who sent the Night Shade attack back with twice the force, knocking out the last of the Gastly. Lana then noticed a shadow, behind the checkout counter.

"What was that?" she wondered, as she went over to investigate.

"Careful Lana, we don't know what kind of tricks these Ghost Pokémon can pull on us," Lincoln warned, pulling the young grease monkey back.

"But, I thought I saw the shadow of a Pokémon. It kind of looked like a Pikachu," Lana replied. This drew concern from the group, but they chose to proceed. As they were about to round a corner, they heard something rattling. Serenity tightened her grip on Toby, not wanting to let go.

"Ghost Pokémon Detected! Activating Pokefinder!" Rotom declared, booting up the Pokefinder. Will had to walk around for a bit. They eventually came across a rattling shopping cart.

"Maybe here?" he pondered, as he pointed the Pokefinder around. He then saw the culprits. It was a large, purple Pokémon, with two detached hands, accompanied by some Phantump and a pumpkin Pokémon, "Looks like we've got Haunter, Phantump, and Pumpkaboo this time," Will commented, as he took a picture of them, catching the attention of the Ghost Pokémon, who then went to engage them.

"Haunter, the Gas Pokémon, a Ghost and Poison Type, and the evolved form of Gastly. It likes to wander around at night, searching for people to curse. Therefore, it is not a good idea to walk around at night. Pumpkaboo, the Pumpkin Pokémon, a Ghost and Grass Type. Pumpkaboo comes in four sizes. It is said to carry wandering spirits to the place where they belong so they can move on," Rotom explained.

"Leave Haunter to me and Decidueye," Will said, as he went to battle Haunter.

"I can take Pumpkaboo," Toby volunteered, releasing his Flareon.

"That leaves the two of us to deal with those Phantump," Silver Spoon said, as she and Fluttershy engaged the Phantump. Haunter started off with a Shadow Punch, which was able to do massive damage to Decidueye, who was able to tough it out.

"Nice Decidueye! Use Spirit Shackle!" Will instructed. Like before, Decidueye fired an arrow quill at Haunter, knocking it out instantly.

"Go Flareon! Fire Spin!" Toby instructed. Flareon then breathed fire at Pumpkaboo, which spiraled around it in a tornado, causing major damage. However, Pumpkaboo was persistent, and fired of a Seed Bomb attack, "Dodge! Then use Flamethrower!" Toby instructed. Flareon dodged Seed Bomb, and fired off Flamethrower, finishing off Pumpkaboo.

"Ok Lycanroc!" Silver Spoon said, as her Wolf Pokémon was at her side.

"Pupitar!" Fluttershy said, sending out her Hard Shell Pokémon.

"DOUBLE STONE EDGE!" the two said, as their Pokémon sent Stone Edge at the duo of Phantump, knocking them both out. As they battled, both Lori and Lincoln noticed a Pikachu, running further back into the supermarket.

"Was that.... a Pikachu?" Lori wondered.

"Could've been a wild one. Toby's is still in storage," Lincoln replied, as the battling had concluded.

"Well, only way to find out," Will said, as they ventured deeper inside. They had to round a few corners, as they came t a clearing. And right in front of them, a couple of Pokémon Dolls began floating around.

"Ghost Pokémon Detected! Activating Pokefinder!" Rotom said, starting up the Pokefinder.

"This is a common prank Ghost Pokémon like to pull," Will commented, as he pointed Rotom towards the dolls. And sure enough, there were more Ghost Pokémon, playing pranks. Among them were a Gengar, along with a pair of Banette, and a cyclops like Pokémon.

"Gengar, the Shadow Pokémon, a Ghost and Poison Type, and the final evolved form of Gastly. It presence alone causes the temperature to drop by 10 degrees. On the night of a full moon, if shadows move on their own and laugh, it must be Gengar's doing. Banette, the Marionette Pokémon, a Ghost Type. Resentment at being cast off made it spring into being. Some say that treating it well will satisfy it, and it will once more become a stuffed toy. Dusclops, the Beckon Pokémon, a Ghost Type. Dusclops's body is completely hollow—there is nothing at all inside. It is said that its body is like a black hole. This Pokémon will absorb anything into its body, but nothing will ever come back out," Rotom explained, taking a picture of the Pokémon. This caught the attention of the Ghost Pokémon, as they engaged the trainers. Will once again took on the strongest looking of the bunch, while Toby, Silver Spoon, and Fluttershy went to battle with the Banette and Dusclops, respectively.

"Decidueye, once more, use Spirit Shackle!" Will instructed. Decidueye once again used Spirit Shackle, which, once again, one shot Gengar.

"You ready Sweetie Pie?" Silver Spoon asked her boyfriend.

"Of course! Now Pawniard, use Metal Sound!" Toby instructed, as his Pawniard then began emitting a horrible, metallic sound, which the duo of Banette couldn't stand.

"Now Magby, use Flame Burst!" Silver Spoon instructed. Her Magby then fired one bullet of fire at the two Ghost Pokémon, which then burst in flaming shrapnel, damaging them both, but not knocking them out.

"Pawniard, use Night Slash," Toby instructed. Pawniard's blade arms began glowing purple, as it slashed the two Marionette Pokémon, finishing them off.

"Ok Pupitar, use Dark Pulse!" Fluttershy instructed. Pupitar then fired Dark Pulse at Dusclops, which was able to knock it out.

"There goes that Pikachu!" Lana exclaimed, as the Pikachu she and her siblings saw walked behind a corner. The group then followed the Pikachu, but were very surprised, when they saw Acerola, looking at a door in the back of the store.

"Who are you?" "Acerola" asked.

"Uh.... we're your friends," Will replied.

"Oh, well, it doesn't matter. You've pretty much cleared the Trial, so you can leave now," "Acerola" said. This came as a surprise to the group.

"But, we haven't completed the task," Fluttershy replied.

"You don't need to do that anymore. You can go now," "Acerola" insisted.

"We can't until we face the Totem Pokémon!" Will declared.

"Get out," "Acerola" said.

"Not a chance!" Silver Spoon countered.

"GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!" "Acerola" screamed.

"Rotom, take a picture, would you?" Will asked. Rotom did as it was told, and took a picture. The flash caused "Acerola" to vanish, and the back door to unlock.

"Maybe it's in there?" Toby questioned nervously.

"Only one way to find out," Will said, as he opened the doors. Inside, they were surprised to see a plethora of Pikachu themed memorabilia. Posters, toys, the like.

"Looks like the Totem Pokémon may have an affinity for Pikachu?" Lisa theorized.

"ALERT! ALERT! POKEFINDER STARTING UP ON IT'S OWN!" Rotom exclaimed. Will took this moment to point Rotom around, trying to find the source. When he turned around, he nearly jumped out of his skin when a Pokémon that looked like a raggedy Pikachu was behind him. In his shock, he didn't notice he took a picture of the Pokémon.

"Is that.... some kind of Pikachu?" Luna questioned, creeped out by it's appearance.

"I don't think so. It looks to be some other kind of Pokémon wearing a Pikachu shaped costume," Silver Spoon dismissed.

"Mimikyu, the Disguise Pokémon, a Ghost and Fairy Type. Information about this Pokémon's actual appearance is unknown. All that is known is that a famous scholar perished after taking a peek under the cloth," Rotom explained.

"That.... sounds terrifying," Leni commented. Her siblings all agreed.

"I-I don't think it's scary looking. It looks kind of cute. I think I'd want one," Serenity quietly commented. The Mimikyu turned it's attention to Serenity. It didn't show on the outside, but Mimikyu was deeply touched by what Serenity had just said, as it's Totem Energy erupted.

"So Mimikyu is Totem Pokémon. Approach with caution," Will advised, as he swapped the tired Decidueye out for Muk. Fluttershy went in with Probopass, Silver Spoon stuck with Lycanroc, and Toby going in with Growlithe. Mimikyu made the first attack, drawing Lycanroc in with a Play Rough Attack, sending it flying into Muk.

"Growlithe, use Flame Wheel!" Toby instructed. Growlithe then charged at Mimikyu, rolling in a wheel of fire. The attack made contact, but all it did was make the Pikachu head go limp.

"What's that? I'm sure that would've done something!" Lola commented.

"Mimikyu's Special Ability: Disguise. It blocks damage from an attack once during a battle," Rotom explained.

"Ok, so that would've meant using a Z Move before hand would've been useless," Silver Spoon commented.

"But now, Mimikyu doesn't have the luxury of stopping attacks," Toby commented.

"Right, so Probopass, use Power Gem!" Fluttershy instructed. Gathering power, Probopass fired a ball of jeweled energy at Mimikyu. Mimikyu then cried out, summoning a Banette to it's side.

"An ally Pokémon," Lincoln commented. Blue flames then appeared around Banette, which caused both Probopass and Growlithe to be surrounded by dark energy.

"That looked like Spite! Banette just reduced the ability of both Pokémon to use the last moves they used. Flame Wheel and Power Gem won't be able to be used for much longer," Will commented. Mimikyu then charged at Growlithe, and slammed it's wooden "tail" into the Puppy Pokémon, causing sizable damage to both Growlithe and Mimikyu, "Wood Hammer doesn't affect Fire Pokémon that much, so if it was able to do that much damage to Growlithe, this Mimikyu must really be strong!" he added. Banette then fired Will-o-Wisp at Muk, inflicting Burn Status on the Sludge Pokémon, "Quick Muk! Use Crunch!" Will instructed. Muk then took the opportunity to bite down on Banette. While it was super effective, Banette was still standing, as it used Spite once more, on Muk.

"Lycanroc, use Accelerock on Banette!" Silver Spoon instructed. Lycanroc was getting ready to do just that, when Mimikyu came out of nowhere, and used Shadow Claw, which stopped Accelerock, and knocked out Lycanroc, "Oh no! Lycanroc, return!" Silver Spoon said, recalling her Pokémon, and readying her next Pokeball, "Ok, let's try Elekid!" she said, releasing her most recent capture, "Elekid, use Thunderbolt on Mimikyu!" Elekid then began swinging it's arms around, before firing Thunderbolt on Mimikyu, who was still hanging in there.

"Now Growlithe! Use Flamethrower!" Toby instructed. Growlithe fired Flamethrower at Mimikyu, only to be intercepted by Banette, who took the fall for Mimikyu, but not before using a move that knocked Growlithe along with it, "What happened?!" Toby exclaimed, as he went to his Pokémon's aid.

"Move analysis: Destiny Bond. When the user faints, it takes the one who dealt the finishing blow down with it," Rotom explained.

"Thanks Growlithe. You earned a nice long rest," Toby said, recalling his Pokémon, "Ok, for my next choice, go Mawile!" Toby exclaimed, sending out Mawile, who immediately clamped down on the boy, "MAWILE, THIS IS NEITHER THE TIME OR PLACE!" Toby said, prying Mawile off of him, "Mimikyu is your opponent," Toby pointed to the Pokémon in question.

"Man, it's really making us work for the win! I think Serenity may have a good point with wanting Mimkyu. I think I'd want one too," Will commented.

"I think it's rather cute too," Fluttershy replied. Both Toby and Silver Spoon shared their sentiments. Mimikyu couldn't believe what it was hearing. People actually wanted to catch MImikyu for themselves? With that in mind, the Totem Energy around Mimikyu died off, and the Disguise Pokémon chittered, sounding like it was conceding.

"Is Mimikyu…. giving up?" Lynn wondered, as the Totem approached each trainer. From beneath it's cloth, a shadowy claw gave the four of them something. When they looked to see what it was, they were amazed to see a pale yellow Z Crystal with a symbol that kind of looked like Mimikyu in the center.

"This certainly is a rare sight," the group turned to see a Trial Guide, walking towards them, "It's very rare for the Totem Mimikyu to give trainers a Mimikium Z shard, let alone forfeiting a battle," he explained.

"Is that a bad thing?" Will asked.

"Not in the slightest. See, Mimikyu is a very lonely Pokémon. It wears that Pikachu disguise so that it can approach others and be liked. In fact, most trainers often say that they would rather have a Pikachu instead. I guess what you kind folks said about wanting a Mimikyu for yourselves moved the Totem enough to gift you with those shards and concede defeat," the Trial Guide explained, as Mimikyu disappeared into the darkness.

"I have a picture of the Totem Pokémon!" Rotom said, showing off the picture. The others saw that the picture was blurry, but it did have Mimikyu.

"Well, I guess you guys technically completed the Trial Task, so I guess we're good to leave," Lincoln commented.

"Before you leave, let me show you the pose to use the Z Move exclusive to Mimikyu. The move itself is called 'Let's Snuggle Forever', and you need to move like this," the Trial Guide said, before demonstrating the pose. First, he made a heart shape with his hands, and then stood on one leg.

"We'll..... be sure to remember that," Will said, as he and the other left, feeling weirded out by the man's demonstration and explanation.


Outside,

"So, how'd it go?" Acerola asked.

"Well, we managed to get a picture of Mimikyu, but we didn't actually defeat it in battle. It just gave up part way," Will replied, as Rotom showed the image of the Totem Pokémon to Acerola. With a nod, she then turned to the group.

"Well, you may not have bested the Totem, but you did manage to complete the task that was given to you, and that's what matters. So, I now present each of you with the Ghost Type Z Crystal, the Ghostium Z!" Acerola said, handing out purple Z Crystals with a wisp symbol in the center, "Now, to use 'Never Ending Nightmare', you gotta move like this," Acerola said, as she demonstrated the Z Move Pose. She squatted down, moving up, like a ghost, before moving both hands out of the way, like she was playing peek-a-boo, "And, as an added bonus," Acerola said, blowing a whistle, which summoned a number of Ghost Type Pokémon, including Haunter, Pumpkaboo, and of course, Mimikyu. "You guys should try adding more Ghost Types to your teams. They'll really help out in a pinch," Acerola said, as each trainer caught their fair share of Ghost Pokémon.

"I wonder if that guy is going to come out?" Lori wondered. This confused Acerola.

"What guy?" she asked.

"That Trial Guide that explained the Mimikyu exclusive Z Move to us. Come to think of it, why were trying to get us to leave when we were about to enter the room in the back?" Toby asked. Acerola laughed at this.

"What are you talking about? I've been out here the whole time! No one besides you lot went in. And besides, there is no back room in that store!" Acerola laughed.

"But then, who was that guy?" Lisa wondered. Everyone then got the chills something fierce.

"Ooh, I just got chicken skin! Why don't we head back to the Aether House?" Acerola suggested, as the pale faced group, followed close behind her, not noticing a Mimikyu walking behind the fence nearby.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Alolan Muk (F), Aron (M), Corphish (M), Seedot (M), Blitzle (M)





Fluttershy: Primarina (F), Crabominable (M), Steelix (M), Pupitar (M), Probopass (M), Bronzor (N/A),





Toby: Incineroar (M), Flareon (F), Mawile (F), Skrelp (M), Growlithe (M) Pawniard (F)





Serenity: Lopunny (F), Vikavolt (M) Eevee* (M), Budew (F), Seedot (F),Mareep*(M)





Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Lycanroc (Midday Form)(M), Numel (F), Glaceon (F), Magby (M), Elekid (M)






Lincoln: Toxapex* (M)






Lori: Skarmory (F)






Luna: Houndour (F)







Lynn: Gyarados (M)






Lucy: Sandile (F)






Lana: Minccinno (F)






Lisa: Elgyem (M)




In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Litleo (M), Electrike (F), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Goodra (M), Trevenant*(M), Hariyama (M), Pumpkaboo (Large Size)(M), Yamask (F), Litwik (F), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Haunter (M)



Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) Grotle (M), Bayleef (F),), Hawlucha (M) Goodra (F) Smeargle (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (M), Tynamo (F), Helioptile (F), Aron (F), Pawniard* (F) Zoroark*(F), Alolan Geodude (M), Toucannon (F), Phanpy (F), Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Mimikyu (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Yamask (M), Litwik (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (F), Haunter* (M)



Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Corphish (M), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (M), Alakazam (M), Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Grovyle (M), Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M) Goodra (F), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Vulpix (Snowball)(F), Turtonator (M), Vulpix (F), Delphox (F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Noibat (M), Pikachu (F), Metang* (N/A), Empoleon (M), Espeon (F), Gardevoir* (F), Charizard (M), Luxio (M), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), Helioptile (M), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Typhlosion (F), Haunter (M), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Litwik (M), Duskull (M), Shuppet (M), Mimikyu (M), Yamask (F)




Serenity: Spinda (M), Goodra (F) Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), (M), Detective Pikachu (M), , Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F), Electrike (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo(M), Helioptile (F), Aron (M), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (M)Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F), Togedemaru (M), Emolga (F), Pachirisu* (F) Misdreavus (F), Pumpkaboo (Tiny Size)(M), Yamask (M), Litwick (M), Duskull (F), Shuppet (M), Haunter (F), Mimikyu* (M),




Silver Spoon: Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Servine (F), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Blastoise (F), Electrike* (M), Blitzle (F), Tynamo (M), , Aron (F), Bronzor (N/A), Pawniard (F), Jolteon (F), Infernape (F), Shroomish (F), Helioptile (F) Butterfree* (M) Goodra* (F), Magnezone (N/A), Haunter (M), Shuppet (F), Duskull (M), Litwik (M), Yamask (F), Pumpkaboo (Super Size)(F), Mimikyu (M)


Totem Stickers So far: 80/100

PreviousChapters Next