• Published 24th Jul 2017
  • 1,685 Views, 44 Comments

Journey through Alola - darkmage1997



Will, Fluttershy, Toby, Serenity, and Silver Spoon travel through the Alola region

  • ...
18
 44
 1,685

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32: Malie City: Lynn VS.... SERENITY?!

It didn't take long for the ferry from the Aether Paradise to arrive at the harbor in Malie City, "On dry land, once again!" Hau exclaimed, racing off. Looking around, our heroes saw that Malie City had a sort of oriental feel to it. It made Will feel right at home.

"Man, this place makes me feel like I'm back in Johto," Will commented, as they proceeded to walk to the city, where they saw Hau, waiting in front of the Pokémon Center.

"Hey guys, I had an idea! Why don't we have a quick, one on one battle?" Hau suggested.

"Sure, I'm all for it," Silver Spoon said, stepping forward.

"Toby, do you think I can battle you? I want to try to figure out Mareanie's battle style," Lincoln requested.

"Sure thing, Lincoln," Toby replied, only for Lynn to step in front of them.

"Hold it right there, Stinkcoln! I need to even the score from yesterday, and I don't like how you won while I lost!" Lynn said, getting in her brother's face.

"This again, Lynn? We all agreed that you lost because you took too much time with your stupid good luck rituals! Hate to break it to you, but there is no such thing as luck, good or bad," Lincoln stated.

"LIAR! If there is no luck, then how do I win every sport I play?!" Lynn yelled.

"Maybe it's just because the other team has no real skill, if they loose to YOU of all people," Lincoln replied. This infuriated Lynn to the point, where she didn't care what she did, if it meant teaching her brother a lesson in respecting her skill AND luck. With an angry yell, Lynn lunged at her brother, only to find herself suspended in the air.

"Thanks Gardevoir," Toby commended.

"Lynn, we are not putting up with this brash behavior any longer! Lincoln will battle Toby, as he requested, for one other reason; the fact that you do not have a Pokémon," Lisa spat in disgust.

"Then I'll just go get one! If some talentless looser like Stinkcoln can catch one, then it should be a breeze for me!" Lynn yelled.

"Don't count your Torchics before they've hatched. Pokémon can be rather tricky to catch if you don't weaken them first," Will replied, as Gardevoir set Lynn down.

"Just you watch! You'll see, YOU'LL ALL SEE! Lynn Loud Jr. is a winner at everything!" Lynn yelled, running off.

"She doesn't seem like too much fun," Hau commented.

"We are so sorry you had to witness that," Lori apologized to Hau.

"Well, let's not let Lynn's arrogance ruin things for us," Lincoln suggested.

"Yeah, but let me just update my team first, ok?" Toby asked.

"Go for it," Lincoln said. With that, Toby went to change up his team.

"In the mean time, shall we get started?" Silver Spoon asked.

"Aw, yeah!" Hau said, taking his place on a battlefield, "Go, Raichu!" Hau exclaimed, releasing an Alolan Raichu.

"Ok then..... Lycanroc, I need your help!" Silver Spoon said, sending out her Lycanroc. Toby soon rejoined the group.

"Sorry about the wait, Lincoln. Ready to get started?" Toby asked, releasing Quilava.


In Malie Garden,

Lynn has been in sour moods before, but now she was especially angry. Not only did she get shown up by her brother the day before, but he also managed to catch a Pokémon, and had the gall to question her skills and her luck rituals, "There has to be some real contenders around here," Lynn huffed, looking around. She had picked up a Quick Ball that she found on the ground. She saw something splashing in the water. Going over, she saw red fish Pokémon with long, yellow whiskers splashing in the water, "Hmm, looks like it could you some work, but I can work with it," Lynn said, chucking the Quick Ball at the fish, encapsulating it. It rocked three times, before it clicked, "Hmm, I'm not surprised. I am a natural at this sort of thing," Lynn said, retrieving her new Pokémon, "Now let's see them mock me after this!" Lynn exclaimed, as she went to return to the group. She had no idea how delusional she was.


Back at the Pokémon Center,

Mareanie skidded back after being hit with a Swift Attack from Quilava, "Not bad. Looks like Quilava has been improving," Lincoln commented.

"I like leaving most of my Pokémon on the training island in Poke Pelago, so that way they can get in some training," Toby replied.

"And the results they've reaped from the sessions are truly showing," Will said, ending the battle.

"Good work out there, Mareanie," Lincoln praised.

"You were great out there too, Quilava," Toby said, stroking Quilava.

"You want to call it quits too?" Hau asked Silver Spoon.

"Yeah, Lycanroc is getting tired," Silver Spoon replied, recalling the Wolf Pokémon.

"Raichu is too," Hau said, recalling his Pokémon as well. It was then that Lynn marched back into the group.

"So.... did you manage to catch something?" Lori asked.

"Of course I did! It's only natural for a REAL winner in our family to do so," Lynn boasted.

"Ok, so what did you catch?" Will asked. unbeknownst to them, Busujima was watching from behind a tree.

"Here's my Pokémon!" Lynn said, releasing the Fish Pokémon, who just flopped around on the ground, "See that? That's the markings of a real winner! It's not even in water and it can still move!" Lynn proudly boasted.

"Uh, Lynn..... that's a Magikarp," Will replied.

"I'll go ahead and explain," Rotom tiredly said, pulling up information on Magikarp, "Magikarp, the Fish Pokémon, a Water Type. In ancient times, it was much stronger than it is today. Now in modern times, it's the weakest of all Pokémon," Rotom explained.

"Maybe it is weak NOW, but....." Lynn was cut off by the familiar bully.

"'But' nothing! You're getting excited over that pathetic excuse for a Pokémon! Even rookie trainers who have no real experience know that Magikarp are completely useless in battle. They can only use moves like Splash, Tackle, and Flail, and judging by your Magikarp, it doesn't even know Tackle," Busujima spat.

"Oh yeah?! Well I can still take your sorry butt down any time of the day!" Lynn boasted.

"You mean like yesterday, when you paid little attention to the battle, and more on your stupid luck? Sorry, but I have no time for weaklings," Busujima said, as he began to leave.

"Oh no you don't! I have a score to settle with you!" Lynn snarled. However, Busujima was not the least bit phased.

"You're really going through with this, eh? In that case," Busujima said, looked at the other trainers in the group, before settling his eyes on Serenity, who ducked behind Toby, "Hey Toby, that pink haired girl behind you.... she doesn't battle much, does she?" Busujima asked.

"No, Serenity doesn't really like battling," Toby replied.

"Alright, well, if you can talk her into making an exception, I guess I can battle this tomboy here, IF she can beat that kid," Busujima stated.

"Wait, you're really going to battle me if I win against that twerp?!" Lynn exclaimed.

"If you can't manage to even beat HER, then I have no business in considering you a worth rival," Busujima replied. Lynn rubbing her hands sinisterly, making a Grinch like face.

"D-do I really need to battle?" Serenity whispered, her knees buckling under the pressure.

"I don't think Lynn is going to take 'no' for an answer," Silver Spoon replied.

"You don't have to worry Serenity. We're all right behind you to support you," Fluttershy said.

"Busujima, would it be alright if I coached Serenity in this battle?" Will asked.

"Do what you want. I'm eager to see this battle," Busujima replied, taking a seat.

"I'll act as the referee. One Pokémon each, and the battle will be over when one of either sides Pokémon cannot battle!" Lori announced, as the two trainers took their places.

"Go, Magikarp!" Lynn exclaimed, as Magikarp just flopped on the battlefield.

"Serenity, why not go with Misdreavus?" Will suggested.

"Um, ok," Serenity said, sending out Misdreavus. Lynn then began doing her Good Luck dance, much to her sibling's embarrassment.

"Alright Magikarp, use Splash!" Lynn ordered. And Magikarp did just that, which did absolutely nothing.

"Hmm, ok Serenity, Misdreavus should be able to use moves like Psybeam, Shadow Ball, Double Team, and Energy Ball. Try issuing one of those attacks," Will suggested.

"Um, ok..... Misdreavus, could you use Shadow Ball please?" Serenity asked politely. Misdreavus needed no further encouragement, as it fired the attack at Magikarp, sending it back into a wall, knocked out.

"What the...?! Just one hit?!" Lynn yelled.

"That does it! Magikarp is unable to battle! The winner is Misdreavus!" Lori declared.

"Well, this has been a waste of my time. But, at least I got to see a third rate trainer get pummeled that easily," Busujima commented, as he got up to leave. Lynn couldn't be any angrier, as she marched over to Serenity, and grabbed her by the collar.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" she screamed at the scared girl, gearing up to slap her, only to be stopped by an unseen force.

"That's enough Lynn!" Lori yelled. Lynn said that Hau's Raichu was holding her back with it's Psychic.

"How can you be so heartless?! Striking someone whose that much younger than you?!" Silver Spoon spat in disgust.

"You're right.... Serenity isn't the one I should be mad at," Lynn said, as she was released from Psychic's hold, and marched over to Magikarp, "It's all because of this useless fish! I never want to see it again!" Lynn said, throwing Magikarp back into the ocean, "Good riddance!" Lynn spat.

"That was not very nice," Will scolded.

"Uh, guys?" Lana said, noticing that Magikarp began to evolve. It soon became a Gyarados, who roared ferociously. Everyone, but Lynn screamed in terror.

"Now you've done it Lynn! Magikarp has evolved into a Gyarados!" Toby exclaimed.

"Gyarados, the Atrocious Pokémon, a Water and Flying Type, and the evolved form of Magikarp. Gyarados' temper is legendary. It is said that it burnt a village to the ground in one night after the residents angered it in someway," Rotom explained, sounding panicked.

"I knew you were a team player Gyarados! Now, just get back into the ball, and we can get in some serious training!" Lynn commanded, only for Gyarados to hiss at her, causing Lynn to flinch.

"Gyarados doesn't look like wants to go with you!" Lincoln commented.

"Oh, what do you know, Stinkcoln?! Just butt out, and I can make things better!" Lynn boasted, only for Gyarados to fire Hydro Pump at them all, "See? It must've noticed some of us were thirsty, so it gave us some water," Lynn stated in a matter-of-fact tone. Gyarados then roared, and went on a rampage in the harbor. Ships that were coming in to dock had to stop.

"We have to stop Gyarados!" Will said.

"Pikachu, we need you!" Toby said, sending out Pikachu.

"Raichu, get in there too!" Hau said, as Raichu took it's place too.

"Magneton, we need your help too!" Silver Spoon said, sending in Magneton.

"Go, Grimer!" Will said, sending out Grimer.

"Lycanroc, help us out too!" Fluttershy said, releasing her Lycanroc. Gyarados then summoned forth rain.

"Great, just what we need! Rain!" Lola grumbled.

"It's using Rain Dance! Grimer, use Sludge Bomb!" Will instructed. Grimer then fired it's attack at Gyarados, who barely seemed bothered by it.

"Alright, Pikachu!" Toby said.

"Raichu!" Hau added.

"Magneton!" Silver Spoon chimed in.

"TRIPLE THUNDERBOLT!" the three of them called out. All three electric Pokémon fired Thunderbolt at Gyarados, who took a lot of damage as a result. It was then that Gyarados appeared to be paralyzed.

"Now Lycanroc, use Accelerock!" Fluttershy instructed. Lycanroc then rocketed at Gyarados, finishing it off.

"Now Lynn! Recall Gyarados!" Will ordered.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Lynn said nonchalantly, as the Quick Ball fired the recall beam at the injured Gyarados, safely returning it to the ball. The weather went back to normal, and the ships in the bay were able to safely dock.

"Training Gyarados takes a tremendous amount of skill, doesn't it?" Hau asked.

"Indeed. Gyarados can be exceedingly dangerous for those who are ill-prepared to train them. Lynn, for now, I think it would be best if you didn't use Gyarados to battle until you can earn it's trust," Will suggested.

"Look, bub, I don't need advise on how to make a team. All the sports teams I was on back in Royal Woods won every single one of their games thanks to me. Just like how I'm going to win against Busujima now that I have a real powerhouse," Lynn said, as she prepared to take off.

"Are you telling us that you're going to make that already injured Gyarados fight even more, especially with knowledge that it doesn't trust you?" Will asked in faux shock.

"You should take it to the Pokémon Center first to have it healed," Fluttershy added, asserting her knowledge of animal care.

"Like I need to do that! Gyarados just needs to toughen up! How else could it have evolved?" Lynn questioned. However, Fluttershy wasn't having it, as she gave Lynn "The Stare". Buckling under the pressure, Lynn sighed in defeat, "Fine! I'll take it to the Pokémon Center!" she grumbled, as she stomped towards the Pokémon Center, with the others in tow.

"We should get our Pokémon looked at too," Will suggested.

"Yeah, Mareanie is feeling pretty tired," Lincoln commented. Meanwhile, Busujima watched from behind some buildings.

"With an attitude like that, Gyarados will listen to that poser. Either way, I will never take her seriously, unlike that one," Busujima said, as an image of girl entered his mind, "Just you wait Nico. I will surpass you!" he proclaimed, as he took his leave for his next trial site.

Author's Note:

Team so far:
Will: Decidueye (M), Alolan Grimer (F), Hariyama (M), Alolan Marowak (M), Goodra (M), Trevenant*(M)



Fluttershy: Primarina (F),Crabrawler (M), Pupitar (M) Lycanroc (Dusk Form)(M), Steelix (M), Zoroark*(F)



Toby: Pikachu (F), Vulpix (F), Braixen (F), Torracat (M), Charmeleon (M), Quilava (F)



Serenity: Lopunny (F), Charjabug (M), Misdreavus (F), Eevee* (M), Pikachu (Chubbykins) (M), Buizel (F)




Silver Spoon: Azumarill (F), Magneton (N/A), Lycanroc (Midday Form) (M), Jolteon (F), Monferno (F), Wartortle (F)



Lincoln: Mareanie* (M)


Lynn: Gyarados (M)

In Storage or in Training:
Will: Ash Hat Pikachu(M)(Kanto and Kalos), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (M), Krabby (F), Growlithe (M), Slugma (M) Numel, (M) Litleo (M), Buizel (F), Corphish (M), Seedot (M), Shroomish (M), Tangela (F), Budew (M), Ferroseed (M), Magmar (F), Litleo (M)



Fluttershy: Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Unova), Buizel (M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Croconaw (M), Phanpy (F), Slugma (M), Growlithe (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Combusken (M), Vaporeon (M), Eevee (F), Seedot (F), Shroomish (M), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M) Grotle (M), Bayleef (F), Nosepass (M) Goodra (F) , Toucannon (F), , Hawlucha (M), Smeargle (M)




Toby: Ash Hat Pikachu (M) (Sinnoh), Buizel (M), Clauncher (F), Skrelp (M), Corphish (M), Luxio (M), Slugma (F), Growlithe (M), Magby (M), Numel (M), Alakazam (M), Seedot (M), Tangela (F), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Grovyle (M), Scizor (M), Gothorita (F), Duosion (M) Goodra (F) Noibat (M), Tsareena* (F), Alolan Vulpix (Snowball)(F), Lycanroc (Midnight Form)(F), Turtonator (M), Mawile (F), Empoleon (M), Flareon (F), Espeon (F), Gardevoir* (F)



Serenity: Spinda (M), Goodra (F) Mareep*(M), Clauncher (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (M), Krabby (F), Marshtomp (M), Growlithe (M), Slugma (F), Magby (F), Numel (F), Litleo (F), Pignite (M), (M), Detective Pikachu (M), Seedot (F), Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed*(F) Ivysaur (M), Leafeon (F), Dewott (F), Minun (F)



Silver Spoon: Eevee (F), Buizel (M), Skrelp (F), Corphish (F), Krabby (M), Plusle (F), Slugma (F), Magby (M), Numel (F), Litleo (M), Ash Hat Pikachu (M)(Hoenn), Growlithe (F), Seedot (M), Shroomish (F), Tangela (M), Budew (F), Ferroseed (M), Servine (F), Goodra* (F), Clauncher (F), Gallade (M), Butterfree* (M)

Totem Stickers So far: 55/100

PreviousChapters Next