• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 861 Views, 11 Comments

The Land of Dreams - Rocky The Unicorn



One day while venturing out in the hills behind the school, a girl finds a portal to another world called Equestria. There, Discord asks her for her help with a crisis. His friend Fluttershy has disappeared.

  • ...
4
 11
 861

Chapter 4

Chapter 4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Applejack and Pinkie Pie had made some apple muffins and were delivering them around town. It was nice that the two friends could finally meet up again. Applejack had been so busy at Sweet Apple Acres. Recently, she had injured one of her hind legs. She said she was fine, but the doctor said at most to wait five days before getting back to apple bucking. It just so happened that during those five days, Pinkie was in town. Cheese Sandwich was working on a party in Manehatten, and Pinkie was on her way to Los Pegasus. Ponyville just happened to be one of her stops for supplies along the way. They wanted to visit every one of their friends and deliver them an apple muffin. They all missed each other, and didn't want to become too distant. Pinkie thought it would be a good idea to give them one of their new creations, that they made, together.

The two mares had left a basket of muffins by every one of their friend’s houses, since all of them were unable to open the door. They might have been out and about, didn’t hear them knock, or just ignored them. They had hit all of their friend’s houses when Applejack spoke.

“I think we’re done Pinkie. Let’s go head back to Sweet Apple Acres.”

“We haven’t gotten every friend silly!”

“Well, we got every one of my friends.”

“Oh Applejack, I know you just don’t want to deliver to Discord! Twilight said he was at Fluttershy’s cottage taking care of the animals. Come on! Let’s just go say hi! I’m sure he could use the company!”

“Pinkie, I said let’s go back. You’re right, I don’t want to deliver to Discord.”

“Why are you so against him? I mean, what had he ever done to you?”

“He was the last one to see Fluttershy.”

“You don’t think...APPLEJACK! He had nothing to do with Flutter’s disappearance, and you know that!”

“Will you stop your yapping if we bring him the muffins?”

“Maybe!”

“Fine. Let’s go.”

The two mares galloped along to Fluttershy’s cottage. After a few miles of walking, they finally arrived at their dear friend’s home. One thing was off though. If Discord was here, why was there no noise and no chaos? Discord was always doing something strange. In fact, he was nowhere to be seen. The two mares decided to take a look inside the cottage.

“Where in tarnation is that draconequus?”

“He has a name Applejack!”

“Well, whatever! What mischief is he up to now? He could be plotting something behind our backs this very moment!”

“Just calm down! Maybe he left to get something for the animals!”

“We best be going. We have no business here.”

And just like that, the two mares left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discord was sitting in the forest, resting. He had been looking around for any signs of Fluttershy, again, but he still had found nothing. He sat in a shaded area underneath a tree. There, the draconequus gazed off into the distance and day dreamed. He thought about all of the good times Fluttershy and him had. The time he messed up at the gala, and almost sent Tree, whatever her name is, to another dimension. He remembered when he had saved Fluttershy from the changelings, and how hard it was knowing she was in danger back then. He was even more frightened by the thought of her missing now. He ran her through his head all the time, so that he would never forget her, if he never did find her.

How he missed her so much! Her kind heart, such a sweet and gentle voice, how graceful she walked, when the animals would come up to her like she was a magnet pulling them to her. Her mane was such a beautiful color, and went wonderfully with her yellow coat. Her eyes though, were a different story. Those teal eyes. He could never forget those.

Finally, Discord decided to go searching for Fluttershy again. He was walking through the forest when he passed that cave again. He stopped for a second to stare at it. Twilight and Rainbow had said they had never seen it before, yet there it stood, as if it had always been there. He almost felt like it wasn’t there before also, but, that was just him being silly. How could a cave just appear?

The draconequus heard noises coming from the cave. At first, he thought he was imagining things, but then he heard it again. A faint whimper, coming from the cave. He stepped inside. It was very small. It could maybe fit him and two other ponies comfortably. It wasn’t very tall so he had to walk on all fours. He went to the wall of the cave where he heard the noises the loudest. There was nothing in there. He reached out his left claw to touch the wall. It shattered, like glass, revealing a long pathway.
He was so shocked! How could this happen? How was this possible? What was behind this mysterious wall. He stepped into the long path. He took a few steps into the other part of the cave. The whimpering was louder. He decided to follow the sound, and see where it lead him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flura ran into the cave. She hid behind a large stone, panting and trying to catch her breath. She watched the other students come up to the cave entrance, peering from behind the large rock. Flura held her breath, hoping they wouldn’t dare come in and look for her. She decided it would be best to slip away before anyone decided they would go investigate.

Slowly and quietly she crawled along the cave floor, trying her best not to be seen. The stone surface was cold. It sent a shiver down her spine as she made her way across the ground. The dark cave seemed like it went on forever. Almost as if it was never ending, and that she would be lost in there. She heard voices, and they were very angry voices.

“YOU GO IN THERE AND FIND HER!”

“But Sadie, why can’t you? It was your idea in the first place.”

“ARE YOU TALKING BACK TO ME? I am NOT going in that cave! It looks really creepy, and I heard that no one has ever returned from it! Claudia, just take this guy with you!”

Sadie grabbed a startled guy from the small group by the wrist, and pushed him into Claudia. Claude barely managed not to fall over from the unexpected shove.

“Ok, ok. I’ll go.”

So the two went in looking for Flura.

Flura panicked! She didn’t know what to do or where to go! She was sure they wouldn’t follow her in here, but, it was plain to see that idea didn’t work out. She saw the dark area covering the path she was crawling down, and the other area, toward the entrance. The area closer to the school seemed safer, nicer, and not as scary. The only problem was, a bunch of angry peers waited there for her, and were making their way over to her right now. She had no idea what to expect if she went the other way. She decided she would try. Yes, no one had ever returned from this cave, but, there’s always a first time for everything. Right?

As Flura made her way down the endless stone cold cavern. She heard a noise. The noise got louder and louder as she went. Was it whimpering? No. Was it a voice? No. It sounded more like, but no, that was impossible. There was nothing else in the cave. Right?

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this new chapter! There will be lots of excitement next chapter. I will try to post the next chapter as soon as possible. Sorry if this seems rushed or if you think it is too fast. There will be many chapters ahead, and I needed to include all of these ideas in one chapter. I hope you liked it! :twilightsheepish: