• Published 16th Jul 2017
  • 2,543 Views, 6 Comments

Traitor - Cherry delight



To be betrayed is a disgusting feeling. You don't know why and all your thoughts are trapped in your head with no way out. But life is never that black and white is it?

  • ...
2
 6
 2,543

Chapter 1

Her hooves clattered against the cold concrete floors. Her mane was a mess, wet from sweat. Her coat gleamed an odd scarlet colour and a metallic smell followed her, permeating the air around her. Tears stang her eyes as she ran. She was running too fast for them to fall down her muzzle but she knew they were there. Her heart was thudding- she could feel it, but she was sure it had split into too a while ago.

"Why, why, WHY?!" This thought ran in repeat over and over in her head. Her brain was stuck on it, like some kind of broken record. Of course, she was focussed on getting out but running was easy for her. After all there had been plenty of moments in her life when she had to run...

"Twilight..." The mare in question flinched and straightened suddenly speeding up until she was sure her tiny purple hooves were a blur against the ground. This seemed to amuse her pursuer as she could hear a high pitched chuckle behind her.

"Honestly I'm starting to wonder if you even want to get away." Twilight's eyes widened slightly in shock. He shouldn't be able to keep up with her- not at the speed she was going. Ponies were one of the fastest creatures in Equestria even without oddballs like Pinkie Pie.

"Pinkie Pie." The mare stumbled slightly in grief. Her bubbly pink friend. Her friend. The one which sacrificed herself so that the others could get away. Twilight didn't understand why she had never properly appreciated any of them until now. In fact, now that she thought about it, she hadn't properly appreciated any of her amazing friends.

Rainbow Dash. The mare of many colours. Ever loyal that mare. Never had Twilight seen her friend fault in her ideologies. Even in her last moments, she had blocked the path so that their pursuer was halted.

Rarity. The mare who could not help herself but give. Always following the ideologies of treat others as you wish to be treated. It wasn't often you would see a mare who was smart and witty but also kind. Rarity never took others for granted.

Applejack. Unlike the other mares, Applejack never seemed to stand out all that much. Applejack, at first glance, seemed to be pretty useless. However, those who knew her knew that Applejack was kind and forthright. She worked in the background making sure that others could work to the best of their abilities.

Fluttershy. Twilight was so proud of her friend. The butter coloured mare had grown to learn that to be kind you have to be fierce. Fluttershy always worked to make sure that no-one ever felt down.

"I'm catching up with you. " a small voice whispered beside her. Twilight turned her head to see two emerald eyes staring back at her. Two very familiar emerald eyes.

But they weren't familiar- not really. Where there was usually love and kindness all Twilight could see was two deep pools of hate and malice.

The mare felt something building up inside her. It was an odd sensation. It was like a brewing stew about to boil. The feeling was hot but also freeing at the same time. Twilight couldn't put her hoof on it.

Twilight could feel two sets of claws next to her. They were elongated and horrible. They perfectly matched the eyes that they were paired with. The body didn't though. It was like a foals, small and innocent. Almost like a colt who didn't know what he was doing.

It was then that Twilight realised what her emotion was. It was anger. No. Not just anger. Burning hot fury.

A surge of magic burst from the mares horn. It was powerful enough to blast the magic inhibitor off it and send the figure flying away from her. In the back of her mind the mare realised she needed to calm down. After all the last thing she needed was the structure to come tumbling down above her.

"Why did you do it?" even to her own ears the mares voice sounded hoarse. It was shaking slightly but completely without infections making it sound like the mare was emotionless.

Twilight watched as the figure slowly pulled itself up from where it had slammed into the concrete. She could see a sadistic smile on its face as it stood. However it offered no words.

"Why did you do it?" The mare repeated in the same emotionless tone. The creepy grin on the figures face grew with every word.

The mare watched as the figure stood. His body screamed arrogance and, if the smile on its face was anything to go by, it was enjoying her pain. Twilight couldn't help it as red filled her vision and she snapped.

"YOU LEFT ME WITH NOTHING TO LIVE FOR!" she all but screamed "WHAT DID I DO TO YOU?!" The mares voice suddenly quietened as her voice trembled and broke. "Why do you hate me so much Spike...?"

The young dragon stepped away from the wall and walked over to the broken pony. The grin had fallen from his face and his whole body was trembling with cold fury.

The pont matched his gaze as he walked over as if trying to force him to answer her. Spike felt sick. To think, he used to look up to this pony...

"Why you ask... Why... " The pony held his faze as his voice wavered with barely held fury. " I can't believe the student of magic can't see what is right in front of her. "

Twilight shivered. Spikes voice was so cold and merciless. A wave of fear and exhaustion travelled through her body. She just wished for the day to be over.

Hell, at this point she was rather he killed her.

"Twilight have you ever felt what it is like to be forgotten?" The dragon spoke quietly and the unicorn stared at him. "Do you understand what is like to constantly be belittled and laughed at for your every action?" Spike's voice turned cold. "How do you imagine it feels to rethink your every word and action know that if you do something wrong you will be laughed at?" Twilight shook her head confused.

"What are you talking about Spike?" she muttered softly. This got a small dry laugh from the dragon. He caught her eye and stared into it.

"Sometimes you are so blind Twilight... " The dragon mumbled quietly. Twilight cocked her head to the side. She didn't understand what Spike was trying to say. She didn't want to know she just expected to die like everyone else and to be honest that is what she wanted.

Spike could tell that the purple ponies thoughts were wondering. He sighed slightly disappointed in his surrogate mother. It made him wonder why he ever respected this weaker dumber species. They wouldn't understand anything until they got hit in the hear with it a few times.

"Twilight that was my whole childhood. " The dragon saw the purple pony stiffen and turn to him, hurt viable in her eyes.

"What do you mean Spike. I tried to make your life as comfortable as possible. I-I thought you were happy... " Spike scoffed at that. He knew that she didn't really care. Never once had she actually asked him how he felt. She barely even acknowledged his existence.

"I will only be happy after you have suffered!" Spike shouted maliciously. Twilight looked up and saw his eyes flashing dangerously. She saw how he eyed her up like one would eye up its prey. His claws were stained red and she noticed him licking them slightly a sadistic smile spread across his face.

Twilight looked down and didn't even bother to defend herself. She just let him come her energy all spent. She trembled and pulled in on herself. She felt his claws brush over her fur and then.

Slash!

Twilight bit back a scream as his long claws penetrated her skin. She sat like a lamb, waiting to be slaughtered.

Twilight looked up in confusion as no such attack came. She saw Spike backing away, a small grimace on his face.

She looked down at the long mark he had left on her side.

"What are you doing?" she whispered through the pain "Why aren't I dead?" Spike smiled cruelly at her.

" You want to die. You have nothing to live for. So I kept you alive. " Twilight gasped as he traced the slash on her side with his talon. " I gave you this mark so you will always remember how you failed. " his eyes were as hard as flint " I will flee and you will never see me again. I couldn't have you forget your number 1 assistant though could I Twi?"

Spike began to walk away. His tail swayed slowly behind him as Twilight stared at his retreating figure until he was out of sight.

She sat there for a few minutes in shock before her legs gave way and she collapsed onto the floor, tears already forming in her eyes. It was then she started to cry. She screamed her grief into the heavens until her throat was raw. Not that mattered, she deserved the pain.

That's where the Royal guards found her, collapsed onto the floor in her own blood and tears, eyes staring blankly into the sky.

Author's Note:

Well er I'm quite mean. But I can't help it the idea just came to me mad then started to floe and I had to get it down. I know spike is out of character but that's the point.


If you think I should change anything or just want to leave a nice long flame go ahead (or a short flame I'm not picky... ):pinkiesmile:

Comments ( 6 )

Cruel Mercy, the best kind

Can you make a story that lead up to this

Once all of your friends are reduced to Ashes, then you have my permission to dieā€¦ Not!

I liek to see a sequel and See Spike Suffer next, he screwed up, he made it Twilight will never die after losing eveyrthing.

All she has left is..Spike...and how to make him suffer suffer and suffer till he as broken as she is.:pinkiecrazy:

Hello one and all! Coming to you live from the underground workhouse, it's your favorite traitor back after what feels like an eternity! Let's hope this time he can get this band back together again!

Login or register to comment