• Published 16th Jul 2017
  • 5,247 Views, 52 Comments

How to train a Baby Dragon - Foal Star



Spike is slowly being possesed by some strange foal stuff, and Twilight has to find way to stop the curse before Spike loses his mind.

  • ...
13
 52
 5,247

Chapter one: a pacifier and a baby bonnet

Spike woke up one morning, lazily gazing at the ceiling as he let out a dreary sigh. i'm going to be organizing Twilight’s entire library. He fiddled around with his claws as he felt the time fly by, before finally propping himself up to get a good look at the golden ticket on the nearby desk. Though, I'm sort of happy that she and Celestia were able to get me a ticket. I would be pretty bummed being left behind. Then he turned to his side, feeling something on his head rustle around. “What the heck?” But it just came out as infantile gurgles

As he tried to speak normally, he felt something rubbery bouncing in his mouth. He quickly spat out a blue rubber pacifier, leaping into the air and letting out a yelp; one that was loud enough to wake Twilight up. She turned towards him, ripping off a pink foal bonnet.

“Spike! What’s wrong?” She asked as Spike took some deep breaths.

Spike eventually calmed down and looked down at the bonnet and pacifier on the ground. He stared up at her and crossed his arms. “Very funny, Twilight...”

Twilight eyed up the pink bonnet and blue pacifier thrown on the floor and said, “It wasn’t me. I swear.”

“Uh huh. Sure.” He crossed his arms and turned his back to her. He looked out the window and saw the sunlight breaking through the window. “Well, I better go get breakfast ready.”

“I’d better get up too.” Twilight let out a small yawn and rubbed her eyes. “Applejack still need helps with the applebucking. This season’s been one of her best on record, and she’s gonna need all the help she can get.”

Spike walked down stairs and went to the kitchen. After putting on his pink apron, he put the stove on and started cooking some eggs, when he heard a squeaking noise. He turned, but there was nothing there.

“What was that?” He asked himself, then shrugged it off and went back to cooking.

“Hey, Spike.” He knew that voice. He looked back and saw Twilight coming in.

“Hey, Twilight.” He waved at her. “Breakfast is almost ready.”

Twilight nodded and sat down. Spike then came over to her with a plate full of eggs and toast.

“Looks delicious.” Twilight licked her lips at the sight of the food. “Thank you, Spike.

“No problem.” Spike took his plate of food and laid it out on the other side of the table. Then as he settled, he asked, “Twilight? Yesterday when you disguised us as a mom and her baby, where did you get that stuff?”

Twilight paused for a moment. “Uh... it was some old stuff I got from my grandma. She gave me the weirdest gifts when I was a foal. I even got this outrageously poofy dress.” She held it up before her and Spike. “But I guess it was lucky that I had that stuff with me.”

Spike smirked. “Yeah. Good thing you did or we would’ve been mobbed by everypony in Ponyville.”

Twilight chuckled. “Yeah. Strange how everypony calmed down only after I sent the tickets back to Celestia. That Grand Galloping Galla must be something with everypony freaking out over it.”

Spike shrugged with a sheepish smile. “Eh, who would want to go to that girly party? I’d rather just stay here and get my chores done.”

Silence washed over the two of them as they ate their breakfast. Not a single word was said afterwards, as they were too lost in the benevolently delicious breakfast that Spike had prepared for the both of them.

“Well, I’d better get going.” Twilight finished and put her knife and fork on the plate, before levitating it into the sink. “I don’t want Applejack applebucking by herself.”

Spike jumped off of his chair. “Alright. Well, unless you want me eating all of them, I’d better just stay here. I’ll try to organize the rest of the library and clean this place up.”

Twilight smiled. “Thanks, Spike. I really appreciate your help. It’s been hard for me to reorganize the library myself since committing to learning about friendship.”

Spike scoffed and waved a claw. “No problem. And don’t worry about the dishes. I got those too.” He gathered his own up and quickly placed them in the sink.

Twilight came up and ruffled his spines. “Thanks again, Spike. I’ll see you at lunch.”

“No problem, Twilight.” Spike watched her leave the house and trot off towards Sweet Apple Acres. He was just about to pour the water into the sink when he heard the squeak again. “What was that?”

Then he looked on the ground and spotted the pink bonnet and blue pacifier from earlier on the ground. He eyed them and whispered, “What are you doing here?”

He then picked the pink bonnet on the ground and was suddenly compelled to wear it. He gulped as he took it and tied it around his head. Then he took the blue pacifier and he tried to fight the urge to put in his mouth. But a strange aura pervaded off of the soother and curled around his arm, forcing it to shove it into his mouth.

What’s going on? He thought as the pacifier bounced in his mouth. Why am I suckling this and kind of liking it!?

He suckled the pacifer as he saw the foal carriage enter the kitchen. He tilted his head and lisped, “Wha ya doing? Are yoo enchanted or somthin?”

Then something in his mind whispered aww is the little baby tired? He should come in and take a nap.

Spike suddenly felt drowsy and looked at the carriage again, with more of a longing for it. He hobbled over to the carriage and crawled in, before a pink foal blanket rose over him and covered him up as some feminine voice whispered in his mind, that’s right now get some sleep baby.

Spike closed his eyes snuggling deep under the covers, suckling his pacifer as he drifted off into a deep sleep.


Wow... That was so relaxing. Spike rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms up into the air. How long was I out?

He turned to a clock and gasped, “It’s twelve! Twilight’s going to be back for lunch any second!”

He then burst from the foal blankets, threw the pink bonnet into the foal carriage, and pushed it down the hall into a closet. “There. Now I have to get lunch ready!” He dashed back to the kitchen as fast as his stumpy little legs as fast as he could and started fixing up some sandwiches as Twilight came back with her fur full of sweat and her breathing heavy.

She trotted into the kitchen to find Spike hastily preparing a couple of sandwiches. “Oh. Thanks, Spike. I really could use some lunch.” And she headed over to the table.

Spike nodded and sat down, sprinkling some gems on his food. ”Yeah. No problem, Twilight. How’s the applebucking going?”

Twilight shrugged. “It’s doing okay. I actually tried applebucking like how Applejack does it without magic but it’s way harder than it looks.” She took a few bites of her sandwich. “Everything okay with you?”

”Yeah, everything’s fine. Trust me,” lied Spike.

Twilight nodded. ”Okay, well I’ll be heading back to Sweet Apple Acres to finish up. You can come if you want.”

Spike shook his head. “Oh! Uh, no” I’m fine. I'm still, uh... in the middle of organizing your library.“

Twilight gave him a loving smile. “Well, don't work yourself too hard. “

“Maybe I should be saying the same to you…” He jabbed a finger at her drooping eyelids. “Sounds like you could use a nap.”

Twilight laughed. “Good one, Spike.”

She then got up and walked off as Spike gathered up their dishes and went to the sink. “Spike. Don’t worry about organizing all by yourself,” she said. “When I get back from Applejack’s, I'll help you out.”

Spike waved her off. “Sure thing.”

When the door closed, he gave a huge sigh of relief. Then whispered to himself, “Alright. Let's get these dishes clean and start organizing the books. Don’t think about the carriage, pacifier, or the bonnet. Just focus on getting the chores done.”


That night, Spike was tossing and turning in his sleep as he whimpered and cooed. All the while listening to the reverberations of the mother’s voice again. No matter how much he tried to shake it off, nothing would get the voice out of his head.

Spike woke up angrily, mentally growling. What are you doing? I’m not a baby!

The thing spoke again in the same cheery voice, Is little baby Spike trying to prove he's a big dragon? How about you go downstairs and show me what a big dragon you are.

Spike shouted in his mind, Fine! But when I do, you’d better stop annoying me!

Spike slowly got up from his basket as he tiptoed out of Twilight’s room and headed downstairs to the closet, where he opened it slowly. Inside, he saw the foal carriage standing there in its’ full glory.

“I must be dreaming. It’s just a stupid foal carriage...” Spike grumbled to himself.

Then he saw something on the ground beside it. It was the blue pacifier. He picked it up and studied it, and before he knew it, he plopped the rubber bulb into his mouth, suckling contently as the strange voice spoke again. There, you see? Your paci makes everything better. Now, baby needs a few more things.

He then looked inside the carriage and found his bonnet and placed it over his head turning it around him feeling it’s soft cloth on his head making him giggle a little. He then crawled right into the carriage as he done before and snuggled under the pink foal blanket as the voice whispered, “there baby is comfy, but let’s get baby back to his little basket. Tomorrow Twilight is going to need to see how young and cute you really are.” Spike gave out a gurgle as he his eyes struggled to stay open and his head resting in the back. He barely noticed the carriage moving and fell into another deep sleep.