• Published 13th Jul 2012
  • 837 Views, 17 Comments

The (supposedly) best night ever - Quad Ruple

  • ...
3
 17
 837

Going to the gala

A few weeks since the tailors

It's the big day now and you and Cloudy are at the train station. You and her are waiting in line in your outfits for the Gala, both of you very eager to get your tickets and go.

Among the loud noises of the train's steam engine and the voices of other ponies, you hear Cloudy saying, "I still can't believe this is happening."

"Yeah, neither can I." you say while thinking about how lucky you were to get these tickets. "This sounds like somethiing that would happen in a story or something." you say to Cloudy.

"What, like a romantic comedy of some sorts?" She asks looking at you a bit confused.

"Yeah, something like that."

You think about this for a second, thinking that you were about to uncover something bigger than yourself, Cloudy, and all of Equestria, but an unknown higher power (higher than Celestia in fact) forces your mind off the subject and haves you forget about what your suspicion was about. You then go on to think about how F.I.S.H. can be proven mathmatically.

Your once again brought back to reality by Cloudy slowly nudging you in the side.

"Hey will you snap out of it. Seriously, you're spacing out left and right, you really need to stop that." Cloudy says a bit woried and annoyed.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." you say to Cloudy, hoping she would drop the subject but to no avail.

"You sure because last time you said it was nothing, it was about a week after we went to the tailor's and I found out you were having trouble blinking again."

Your mind races back to the event that took place in your apartment when you managed to close your eyes but found it was impossible due to the lack of wetness on your eyeballs and the amount of gound in between your eyelids. Cloudy had to reopen them with a crowbar and it freaking hurt... A LOT.

You shiver at the thought of the metal coming into contact with eyes and focus on the matter at hoof. Getting your tickets getting on that train, and get Cloudy to be your marefriend.

You and Cloudy finally get to the ticket booth where the ticket vendor asks for you to pay two hundred bits for the tickets... each. And just like at the tailors, you pathetically attempt to lower the price on the overpriced tickets.

"Are you sure that these tickets are two hundred bits each?"

"Yes they are. These are tickets to Canterlot in case you forgot sir."

"I'm pretty sure we can come to some agreement." You try to say suavely.

The vendors expression deapanned as he said "Sir, don't make me call the authorities."

Before you say anything else Cloudy buts into the conversation.

"Oh please, are you sure you can't give us a discount of some kind." She says with puppy-dog eyes.

The vendors heart hurts because of the increased cuteness levels in the area and eventually caves in to her terms.

"Okay, I'm sure I can take fifty bits off each, but thats as low as I can go." He says determined not to bring down the price.

You were still about to object to the price of the tickets because you're a fricking cheapskate, but then Cloudy uses her puppy-dog eyes on you and you caved in quicker than the vendor and paid the price for your tickets.

You and Cloudy wait near the train tracks for your train, which doesn't arrive for another thirty minutes. During the wait you talk to Cloudy about what she did back there with you and the vendor.

"How did you manage to get him to lower the price like that? I never even knew you could do that?!" You say a bit surprised because you think you might not know her as well as you thought you did.

"It's easy when you've got the right tools." And by tools she means lady parts that stallions go crazy for.

"Then why didn't you help me over at the tailors?!" You say a bit annoyed with her.

"Silly colt, It doesn't work if a mare does it to another mare. A stallion has to do it by being suave and handsome." She says in a silly voice.

"But then why didn't it work?!" You say a bit scared of the answer you were about to recieve.

"Well you aren't exactly suave and I think I would call you just average on being handsome compared to most stallions."

Ohhh, right in the self-esteem.

"But you make up for it by having such a great personality."

You cheer up a bit at this as you say, "Well, thank you Cloudy."

"Your welcome, now if you'll excuse me, I have to use the little mares room." She says as she gets up off the bench and heads to the restroom.

You shout back, "Okay, hurry up." as you wait near the trian tracks.

Fifteen minutes later

You sit there on the bench anxious for Cloudy to show up since the train arrives in about five minutes, until you hear a stallion shout, "Hey you there."

You look for the source of the voice only to be greeted by the same stallion that gave you the tickets.

"Hey buddy, listen I hate to say this, but can I get those tickets back." He says nonchalantly.

You become suprised at his request since he is now single.

"What! Why do you need the tickets back?!"

"Well believe it or not buddy, the missus has finally forgiven me and we managed to see eye to eye." He says with a chuckle, but then puts on a serious expression as he says, "So can I get my tickets back or not."

"N-n-no." You stammer out as you get ready to defend yourself.

But with quick reflexs, he stands up on his two back hooves and grabs you by your collar until you're hovering in the air.

"Listen bud, you don't have a choice here, now give me the tickets or else."

"NO!"

You kick in the chest to get him to let go, but unfortunately he has abs of steel and doesn't feel anything.

He reacts to this by punching you in the gut with one hoof and holding you up with the other.

"Now listen bud, I need those tickets so that my mare and I can go to the gala. And if we don't go to the gala, she will get very angry with me. And she is very scary when she is angry, so this is your last chance, give me back my tickets... or else."

Your mind contemplates over what to do now. Either say no, get beaten up, and lose the tickets, or give him the tickets and disappoint Cloudy. You love Cloudy with all your heart and disappointing her is the last you want to do. So you do the only thing that you believe can save you now.

"HELP RAPE, STRANGER DANGER, I NEED AN ADULT!" You were never really the toughest one in high school.

The stallion stares at you in disbelief that you tried something like that.

"Wow, That was really pathetic, buddy. You need to toughen up after you get out of the hospital.

You spit back, "I'M NOT YOUR BUDDY, GUY."

"Awww that stinks, looks like I'm just gonna have to hurt you more than." He says as he pulls back his hoof.

You close your eyes and wait for what feels like forever for the hoof to connect to your face. You hear the sound of a hoof hitting somepony but it's not you that's getting hit. You then fall to the floor and open your eyes to see Cloudy standing in front of you and the stallion knocked out on the ground.

She looks at you with a worried expression on her face saying, "Are you okay?", as she helps you up.

You smile as you wipe off the dust and dirt off your suit and say, "Yes I am, thank you." You then ask her, "What did you do to him?", as if you already didn't know.

"Oh well, when I was coming back from the restroom, I heard you screaming something but I couldn't make out what it was." You silently thank Celestia as she continues, "And when I got back I saw this stallion here about to hurt and nopony hurts my best friend so I knocked his block off."

"Cloudy... thank you." You say as you go in for a hug. She's a bit suprised at what you do, but quickly becomes comfortable and hugs you back.

After the hug, Cloudy points behind you saying, "Look the trains here!"

You look behind yourself and see that the train is most definetly there and proceed to board it until you hear a mare scream, "HEFTY, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!"

You look over to the mare to see the stallion apparently named 'Hefty' has regained consciousness, is talking to the mare and pointing towards you and Cloudy. The mare glares violently and slowly walks over to you. You felt an incredibly disturbing feeling in the area around you as if everything that involved pain, sorrow, anguish, and death was all concentrated into that one mare who's goal was to get those tickets back from you no matter what. You felt that you were having a staredown with death and that you were losing.

You are quickly brought out of this trance as Cloudy pulls you into the train. The mare tries to follow you but the conductor stops her since she never bought a ticket and fortunately for you, this is all that it takes to get that psycho-mare to stop following you.

The train starts to move and as you look out the window, all you see is poor Hefty at the mercy of his angry psycho marefriend. In a way, you pitied the stallion.

Your concentration on the window breaks as Cloudy says, "Sweet Celestia, did you feel that disturbing force coming from that mare?"

Huh, so it wasn't just you.

You and Cloudy decide to get a little sleep on the train since it's going to be a while till you get to Canterlot.

You get comfortable and before you fall asleep, Cloudy leans on you and is out in ten seconds flat. When you look at her you feel at peace and this only helps you fall asleep faster. You begin to dream of all the ways that this night can go right.