• Published 13th Jul 2012
  • 838 Views, 17 Comments

The (supposedly) best night ever - Quad Ruple

  • ...
3
 17
 838

Getting ready for the gala

As friends.

Those words never left your mind through out the night. In fact, you didn't even blink the entire night as if you were doing the 1000 yard stare in your sleep.

"As friends. Damn it... Just damn it." You think to yourself in your bed. "Right when I have the chance to actually start a relationship with her, it all goes wrong with her taking it the wrong way. Oh Celestia, what am I going to do." You think to yourself until another voice says, "I don't know what you should do, but this is your own problem, not mine. Now leave me alone."

You become surprised by the random appearance of the mysterious voice and try to reestablish contact with it, but to no avail. So you give up on it and head back to your own thoughts, pretending that never happened.

"Maybe there is still a chance to turn this around... Someway."

You try to go to sleep but your eyelids refuse to close.

"Awww fuck... Well maybe I can start trying to sleep with my eyes open."

Your eyes burned and you never fell asleep that night.

A few days later

You don't know how you managed to act normal in society due to lack of sleep and blinking, but you've acted so normal that no pony has even noticed. You and Cloudy are at the tailor to have your outfits for the gala fitted. While Cloudy is talking with the clerk, you drift off into space and your mind begins to wander. Unfortunately, your mind starts to think about what would happen if you didn't get into a better relationship with her. Would she hate you? Would she leave off with some other stallion who is more muscular, smart, rich, and good looking. Would she invite you to her wedding only to have all the fillies thinking that your a moving pinata and have them beat you with sticks out of pure hatred? Would she-.

You feel a hoof connect with the back of head and your eyes instictively blink.

You immediately feel the comforts of having your eyes closed and shout "Oh sweet Celestia, thank you.", but before you begin to congratulate on begining to blink again, you find that is now incredibly difficult to open your eyes.

You shout out, "Damn it." until you feel another hoof connect with the back of your head. And just like that your eyes are open again. You test out your eyes to see if they can blink properly and luckily for you, they do.

You look around for the source of the hoofs that have been hitting you only to see Cloudy glaring at you.

You begin to say, "Uhhh, what did I miss."

"Me and the tailor have been trying to get your attention so that you can get fitted for your suit." Cloudy replies, still glaring at you.

"Are you alright, I can tell you haven't been yourself lately." Cloudy asks with a bit of a worried look.

"Oh uhhh, yeah, yeah, I'm fine" You chuckle at her worriedness. "Why do you ask?"

"Because I've never known you to go three days withut blinking."

Looks like she's the only one who noticed your problem... and cared for that matter. It's just one of the reasons you love her.

"Trust me, it's nothing." you say in hopes that she would stop worrying.

She looks at you suspiciously but decides to drop the subject and move on to the matter at hoof.

"Okay well anyway, go into the back room with the tailor and get yourself measured." She says with all traces of suspicion disappearing.

You and the tailor head into the back room, where she begins your measurements. Halfway through she decides to strike up a conversation with you.

"So what's the special occasion?" She asks.

"I managed to get me and her some tickets to the gala."

"The Grand Galloping Gala!?" She asks all surprised.

"The one and only." You say feeling a bit smug.

"How on earth did you get those?"

Your mind heads back to that embarrassing night where you got hurt by somepony else's luggage.

"I've... got connections." You lie hoping that she would believe you.

"Oh my, you must know some pretty powerful ponies if you were able to get those."

"Well yes, but how I got them doesn't matter. The point is, I have them and Cloudy and I are going." You say feeling proud.

"I suppose your right. Oh look at that, we're all done." She says as she puts away the measuring tape.

Your surprised at how fast the measuring went and before you say anything, she cuts you off saying, "Thank you for your time sir, now if you could just send your date in, I'll begin to measure her."

You smile at the word date and nod as you head back into the lobby and tell Cloudy that it's her turn. As she heads into the back room, you decide to take a trip into La-La-Land, into a world where she did not say those wretched words: As friends.

You picture yourself and her walking through the garden, admiring the scenery of the statues and the sights of all the little animals that inhabit the garden. You imagine slow dancing with her in the ballroom, with her body so close to yours. Her head resting on your chest as the music plays. But the only thing she hears is your heart which she knows only beats for her.

"HEY, WAKE UP!"

You snap back to reality to see Cloudy standing right there with a smile on her face.

"Finally, your back with us." She says with a giggle. "Come on, I need your help to pay for the outfits." She says as she heads back to the counter.

You follow her and when you reach the counter, the clerk immediately says, "Five hundred bits, please."

You feel a minor heart attack and almost fall to the floor. When you regain yourself, you try to pathetically reason with the clerk.

"Are you sure it's that much?!"

She stares at you with an unamused expression as she replies, "Yes, it's that much."

"But isn't there someway we can lower the price?"

"No, now either pay up or get the fuck out."

"HEY!" shouts the tailor, "Watch your mouth young lady"

The clerks eyes widen as she says,"Yes mam, sorry."

Her attention turns to you, "Sorry what I meant to say was, now either pay up or get the buck out."

"That's better." shouts the tailor from the other room.

"But..."

Cloudy gently hits you in the side saying, "Come on just pay her already."

Your heart wrenches as you pay the clerk five hundred bits to have your outfits made.

As you turn to leave the shop with Cloudy, you and her hear the tailor say "They make such a cute couple."

You feel all warm inside, until Cloudy shouts back "We're just going as friends."

And then you faintly hear another snow globe breaking in the distance.

Meanwhile in a souvenir shop

"Damn it that's the second one you broke, Berserk!" yelled the shop owner to the big red stallion with a pulsing vein for a cutie mark.

"Sorry I didn't mean to-" Berserk began to apologize until the shop keeper cut him off.

"Sorry isn't gonna cut it, bro. You break one more snow globe and your fired." the shop keeper threatens.

"Yes sir." Berserk grumbles.

Back to you

You and Cloudy were just leaving the tailor when you realized that you were having trouble blinking again.

There was nothing else you could think of. Not one single thing, except for the word "Fuck" because if you think about it, there really isn't anything else to say.