• Published 13th Jul 2012
  • 834 Views, 17 Comments

The (supposedly) best night ever - Quad Ruple

  • ...
3
 17
 834

A horrible break-up and a one-of-a-kind chance

It was a nice night to be walking alone in the streets of Manehattan. Just you, a normal, everyday, down-to-earth Pegasus.

Normally an idiot would be walking the city streets this late at night, but you know for certain that you are in a good neighborhood. One that doesn’t have anything go horribly wrong.

“CRASH”

Most of the time, anyway.

You look upwards towards the source of that sound, only to be met by an abnormally heavy suitcase that seems to be greeting your face right now.

It hits you in the head hard enough to knock you unconscious.

A few minutes later

You awake to having blurry vision and muffled voices. As both your hearing and sight clear up, you see a stallion outside yelling to the mare inside, who is too busy yelling back and throwing out the stallions stuff to even care.

“Please just listen to me.” Yelled the stallion.

“FUCK YOU, YOU MOTHERFUCKING, TWO-TIMING, BASTARD!” Yelled the mare.

“Quite a mouth she has there.” You think to yourself while you are still lying on the street, a bit dazed.

“Please it was just a one-time thing, just stop doing this.” The stallion yelled back.

“THEN WHY DO YOU KEEP RECEIVING THESE LETTERS FROM HER, ALONG WITH PHOTOS OF HER AND HER PRIVATE PARTS!” screamed the mare while she was now throwing out letters of a another mare toying with herself.

“Shit.” The stallion mumbled under his breath. “Uh, they don’t mean anything, I keep telling her to stop with the pictures every night at the bar.” Screamed the stallion back to his wife.

“YOU MEET HER EVERY NIGHT AT A BAR!? I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW YOU GO TO A BAR! WHAT ELSE ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME YOU PRICK!” The mare screamed back at stallion.

You decide to get up off the sidewalk before something else hits you. Halfway to getting up, you get hit in the side by one of the many pictures she throws out the window. Only the biggest one managed to hit you. With this you immediately get knocked back down to the ground, groaning in pain.

“I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!” Screamed the mare, who if you listened closely, sounded as if she was on the verge of tears.

“FINE, I DON’T NEED YOU, YOUR APARTMENT, YOUR MONEY, OR THESE FRICKING GALA TICKETS, YOU STUPID BITCH!” The stallion yells back to the mare, who was now certainly crying.

The stallion looks over and notices you lying on the ground, moaning and groaning. He heads over to you and immediately starts checking if all his stuff is okay.
“Sure, I just got hit by your suitcase and that picture frame that was thrown by your fricking marefriend and I might have a concussion. Please don’t check up on me to see if I’m okay.” You think sarcastically to yourself as you get up onto your hooves. You then decide to ask what happened, as if you already didn’t know.

“Uhhhhh.” Was all you could manage until the stallion starts to glare at you uncomfortably.

“Listen buddy, I just got thrown out of my marefriends apartment, literally.”

Wait, she really threw him out the window of her apartment… Holy shit, that mare is strong.

“I lost almost everything because of this and-“.

“Wait a minute” you interrupt, “What about all this stuff she threw at you?” you say as you look around to see all the unbroken items that survived the fall.

“I don’t need these things, nor do I have an apartment to put them.”

“But aren’t these all yours if she threw them?”

“Nah, she just ran out of things that were mine to throw. So she just decided to grab anything that she didn’t need, I guess.” The stallion sighs as he looks over all the items on the ground.

“Anyways as I was saying, I lost almost everything and I don’t need another stallion to talk to me about what just fucking happened right now.” The stallion says, looking back at you. “So since I have no need for these, how about you have them.” He says holding out a pair of tickets.

Your eyes widen as you see what the stallion is offering you. “Are those-? “

“Yes” the stallion interrupts as he’s still holding the tickets. “These are tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala and I’m giving them to you.”

“But how did you even get these?” you say as you examine the stallion because he really doesn’t look like somepony with connections to royalty or anything like that.

“These were my marefriends or ex-marefriends now considering what just happened.” Said the stallion as his gaze shifts upward to the broken window. “She was friends with one those snobby unicorns up in Canterlot and one of them was kind enough to give us these tickets. She was gave them to me because she could trust me, but that was right before she found out that I had an affair with another mare.”

“But why are you giving them to me?” You continue to question him instead of just taking the free tickets.

“Because I want you to keep quiet about all this, now do you want the tickets or are you just going to keep giving me more buts.” Says the stallion who is obviously growing impatient with the passing minute.

You stare at him for a few moments and then you slowly take the tickets and trot back home, leaving the stallion to himself. Your mind ponders as to what you’re going to do with these tickets until it hits you like an unbelievably heavy suitcase. You remember that you have a roommate, cloudy skies, that you have been trying to ask out for a while, but you never seemed to have the balls to do so.

But now is your opportunity to finally ask her on a date. Your mind then goes to wonder why you chose her. You remember all the good memories you’ve had with her whether it was flying camp, rock climbing, bungee jumping, or all the horrible accidents that you’ve been in due to these activities. She’s been with through thick and thin and you were believed her to be your best friend. The problem was you wanted to be more than friends with her lately and now was your chance to change that and escape the friend zone (if it was actually possible).

You arrive to your apartment and open the door yelling “I’m home” as you walk in. You enter the living room to see Cloudy on the couch studying about the weather.

“Finally, your home, I was starting to think you were attacked or something” she says still studying her textbook.

You take a moment to realize the irony of what actually happened until your brain tells you to make your move. You start to get nervous as you are about to ask her like you always do until your brain starts telling you to take this slowly, to say what you want as calmly as you can-“

“HEYSOIHAVESOMETICKETSANDIWANTEDTOKNOWIFYOUWANTEDTO-!“ Nice one, Romeo.

Cloudy puts her hoof over your mouth and starts giggling “Whoa, whoa, slow down. Now what was that…” She becomes more surprised when she starts to notice a bump on your head and a bruise on the left side of your body.

“Oh my gosh, you actually got attacked!”

“Uh no I-“

“Why didn’t you tell me about this first? What was so important that you couldn’t tell me about-“ She becomes silent and wide-eyed as you pull the two sparkling tickets out in front of her.

“How did you get these?” She asks as she snatches them and looks them over.

You tell her about what happened on your nightly walk, about how you got hurt, about the rampaging mare throwing heavy things out her window, and about the stallion who gave you the tickets while she stares at you laughing at certain parts of your story (especially the parts where you got hurt).

She calms down and asks you, “So you got tickets to the Grand Galloping Gala?”

“Eeyup” you reply.

“So have you decided who you’re going to take yet?”

“Eeyup”

She looks at you surprised, you can tell she’s faking, and says “really who?”

“Well how about you?” you ask feeling really suspenseful right now.

She then jumps on you and starts to squeeze you while yelling, “OH YES, THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU” until she finally decided to let go and stop suffocating you.

You wheeze out “So it’s a date then?”

She then replies, in what you believe is her rape voice, “Oh yes, indeed.”

You stick your front hooves into the air screaming the word yes until she says “As friends.”

You then freeze and faintly hear a snow globe breaking in the distance as those words echo in your mind.

As friends

As friends

As friends

While you are still frozen, Cloudy then checks the date of the Gala and arranges appointments for you and her to get fitted for your suit and her dress to wear to the Gala.

Those words still continue to echo in your mind as you become unfrozen and continue with your nightly routine all the way to when you go to bed. As friends.

You finally believe that there truly is no escape from the friend zone.