• Published 16th Jul 2017
  • 3,166 Views, 50 Comments

CYOA: Lost Pony - David Silver



You are on the way to work/school/etc when you see a pony. What do you do? This is a choose your own adventure of the true variety, with all the choices laid out and waiting for you to finish.

  • ...
12
 50
 3,166

2A

There must be a way to draw a pony to your home. You think about it, trying to be rational about it. The pony must be scared, and tired, and... hungry. Yes, hungry! If you put out something tasty for them, they might stop to eat, then you'd have them where you want them, without having to deal with anyone else.

You start digging apart your fridge and pantry, getting all the bits of a salad you can get, including whatever nuts and even some sweet things on top. Ponies like sweet things, right? It works in the show, so you hope it works in the real world too. Anything to make it look extra yummy to a tired pony on the run. You set it all on a bright pastel plate that matches what you hope the aesthetics of a pony might be. Your masterpiece complete, you hurry to the back door and set it a small distance outside, waiting for a curious equine visitor to find it.

At first, you wonder if you picked the wrong meal, or maybe you were just too hopeful. I mean, really, there are countless backyards for the pony to happen upon. Why yours? You're starting to feel the weight of disappointment, considering going out there and getting your plate, when you hear an odd noise. It was a single clop.

A rustle comes from the bushes between your house and the next and a pony emerges, its sides heaving with effort. A little sniffle comes from her as she takes slow steps forward. Thinking fast, you duck down just as she comes close enough to potentially see you. Thankfully the interior of your house is darker than the outside at the moment, making the windows reflective.

She, you feel sure it's a she, spots the plate and her expression brightens. Her eyes dart about suspiciously, looking for the ambush, and you don't even breathe a moment until she lowers her snout down to the plate and takes a big bite of the offered treat. She starts to eat, looking lost in the act of refilling her reserves.

You could just watch her eat, if so head to Chapter 2A1
You could jump her while she's busy, if so head to chapter 2A2