• Published 9th Jul 2018
  • 1,005 Views, 30 Comments

Ponemurdered 2 - The Gentlecolt



16 authors, one story. I foresee precisely zero problems.

  • ...
3
 30
 1,005

A Chapter’s Dozen: The Chapter Where Spike Fixes Everything [FamousLastWords]

Starlight was biting her bottom lip so hard at this point, the taste of iron and sweat occupied all of her senses. “Well, any luck?”

“Really, Starlight, you mustn't rush me,” Discord said. “If I’m going to separate Spike and Big Mac back into two separate beings, I need silence.”

Starlight rolled her eyes and resumed her lip-biting and nervous pacing.

The SpikeMac creature was now sitting in one of the throne chairs of circling around the Friendship Map. “We don’t think Discord has what it takes to fix us.”

“Hmph, with that attitude, I’d best leave you two stuck together.” Discord rubbed his temples and stuck out a paw. “Besides, I think I’ve got it!”

With a snap and a bright flash, the creature disappeared for but a moment before reappearing as two separate creatures once more, Spike and Big Mac.

“Oh, thank Celestia,” Starlight said, running across the room to Discord’s side. “You did it!”

The draconequus in question mocked up a small broom and dusted himself off. “Yes, well, I am a supremely powerful being.”

Spike and Big Mac both took a moment to enjoy their bodily freedom once more before huddling up with Starlight and Discord.

“So, you’re fluorescent beast that transformed us was Twilight and the rest of our friends?” Spike asked.

“Yep,” Starlight replied with a solemn nod.

“They’re all combined together?” he reiterated.

“‘Fraid so.”

“Gosh, who’ve thought that poor writing could have such devastating consequences?” Spike asked, picking up the three ring binder laying on a nearby counter. “I mean, they were just trying to write a story, started fighting, you tried some magic to help them stop and then we’ve got this bullhonky going on.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac chimed in. “What were they writin’ anyhow, Spike?”

Spike flipped the binder to the front page and read the title aloud. “Hooked on Phoenix: A Featherkin Clop Tale”.

Discord blinked a few times. “Just when you’ve thought you’ve seen everything..”

Starlight shook her head. “We’ll have time for literary debate later, guys. For now, we need to get out there and find our friend-s before they cause any more chaos. If we’re too late, they might—”

She was interrupted by the distant sound of a large pounding. The group of four couldn’t help but notice the small cup of water left on the ground from the day’s activities. With every pounding noise getting closer, a small circle of rings rippled from the top of the liquid.

“You think that might be them?” Spike asked.

“You bet Jur-ass-ic could be,” Starlight replied.

The small group fled the castle and went outside to see what was causing the commotion. What they saw froze them in their tracks.

“No way…”

“It can’t be!”

“Could it?”

“Eeyup.”

In the near distance near the town, sure enough, they saw the Mane 6 monstrosity that had more than quadrupled in size at this point. The grotesque site of the creature representing the entire group of element bearers was shocking enough. But no, it was small potatoes to what they saw approaching in the distance.

“Um, Discord? Is this one of your friends, perchance?” Starlight kept her eyes glued to the large monstrocity approaching the town.

Discord gulped. “No, I’m afraid it isn’t. But I’ve heard talk from other chaotic beings that this creature surfaces when a city is in imminent danger. His name is—”

“REEEEERAAWWWWWWW!”

“—Godzilla.”

Spike looked over at Big Mac. “Guess it’s time to grab some popcorn, because this is shaping up to be something wild.”

Author's Note:

FamousLastWommentary: This was a copious amount of fun to write. I think my nicotine needed a smoke break after I got done with that nonsense of a chapter. But, in all seriousness, this was a blast and I love being the less-talented stepchild to the other authors on this collab!