• Published 13th Jul 2017
  • 4,155 Views, 460 Comments

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Squee ( A Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



You, a brony, are sent to Equestria. The problem is, you're now a mute...good luck!

  • ...
12
 460
 4,155

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 2: I Shall Pledge My Allegiance to the Moon! ...For Convenience Sake

As you stare into the Nightmare Queen's eyes you can't help but gulp in fear as you think...

Knowing that Nightmare Moon is... Nightmare Moon, and not Princess Luna, you run. But, you've already run quite a bit, and have glass all over you, so you don't run very fast, allowing Nightmare to catch you with a spell.

Considering this is Nightmare Moon and not everybody's true favorite princess, there is only one thing I can do to avoid death, dismemberment, or any other painful situation befalling on my very vulnerable body...


You start to very slowly side step away from the crazy princess, making sure to keep eye contact with her at all times. As soon as you are away from the mirror and can no longer see her eyes you do the most logical thing...


You book it towards the door while 'shouting,'


YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE NIGHTMARE!


You wish you could have gone in the other direction, but considering Nightmare was right behind you, you didn't have much of a choice. Hopefully if you were lucky she'd leave you alone and wouldn't chase after you.


As you burst through the door to the hallway and shut it behind you, you can't help but let out a sigh of relief.


Phew....I thought for a second there I would have to deal with that crazy prin-


*FLASH*


...cess oh come on!


Standing before you know via teleport is the queen of the night in all her armored glory. She stares down at you intently as she says,


"Where art thou manners? To run from your princess is...rude."


As she glares at you, your life flashes before your eyes. While the Mane 6 were about the size of dogs, she is at your chest level, and that horn is at the perfect height to go into your eye. You press yourself into the door in fear, once again enacting pain via the glass in your skin.


“Now strange creature, introduce thy self to me, for I have seen thy actions above and they…interest me…”


Sweating nervously at her “interest” in your actions, you decide to let her know about your condition right off the bat to avoid any more misunderstandings.

Indicate your throat, attempt to speak. (ham it up for effect at need) Adopt a pleading expression, hope Nightmare will take pity on you, and not delight in your suffering.

You adopt a sad/scared face, which seems to please her, as you start moving your mouth.


I can’t speak. My voice is gone!


For emphasis, you slap your throat while ‘saying’ this, then shrug your shoulders and shake your head.


After lifting an eyebrow, Nightmare Moon suddenly comes to the realization of what you’re saying.


“Ah, thou has no voice to call thy own?”


Nodding furiously, you adopt a smile and point at her to let her know she’s right on the money.


Yes! Thank You! Finally someone notices!


With this realization, she frowns.


“Mute…well that complicates things…” she trails off in thought.


No. No it doesn’t complicate things! You think nervously. You don’t want to know what she’ll do to someone who’s complicating things. But thankfully a lightbulb chimes above your head.

Greatness942'a Comment

Before Nightmare Moon can do anything unsightly, you suddenly come up with a plan. You quickly push back your fear in favor of enacting your plan as you get off the door and stare down the crazed princess.


Nightmare Moon looks slightly surprised at this, but before she does anything you hold your hands out in front of you and point at her horn. Before she can ask what you're doing, you point to your own temple and do that back and forth a few times.


Surprisingly, she gets it.


“Thou wishes me to delve into thy mind for communication?”


You nod furiously once more.


Smirking she says,


“Very well then creature. Thou shall have the privilege of the true ruler of Equestria viewing thy personal thoughts.”


Her horn glows, and a magic aura surrounds your head.


Alright, Awesome! Can you hear me? If you can, I just want to say that I don’t know how I came here, and that I didn’t mean to break anything. I’ll just walk away if you’ll let me. You think these words loud and clear, putting emphasis into them so that there’s no way she can’t hear them.


The reaction upon her face though confuses you.


“Wh…wha…? I…I don’t even…?” she sputters in confusion, giving you a really, really disturbed and flabbergasted look.


Because while you are concentrating on these words, all she sees is

Got to keep up that skeletor or complex

This:

The force in your mind cuts out, and when you look at the princess she is naturally very confused, as are you.


What? What is it? You mouth and motion with your hands.


"I saw...something with a boney face dancing to a strange tune and screaming ‘Nyeh!’”


Huh?


“That spell is supposed to read one’s inner most thoughts and desires…is…is that your true self?” she asks in confusion.


You concentrate on what she’s said, and the image she saw pops into your head.


…Damn My Obsession! You groan. You then think to deny your true self being a cheesy 80’s cartoon villain…but… you really do think about denying it but...


Ehh, you mouth as you give a maybe hand wave. Hey, if you’re gonna have a true self Persona style, it might as well be him, and it’s not like you can communicate very well if she can’t read your mind.


"Rrrriiiigggghhhhttt..." Nightmare Moon trails off raising an eyebrow.


Well this isn't awkward at all....wow I made an evil crazed princess feel awkward. That's off the bucket list at least.


Yeah...you have a strange bucket list. It’s filled to the brim with weird things that you could never possibly hope to do, but you needed to write down something.


And maybe’s it’s for the best that she can’t actually read your mind.


For one you did not want the bad guy to have access to any human weapons that she could recreate with magic. You do not want to be responsible for Equestria's first magical nuke.


But more damning would be if she found your memories of the show...or worse the fandom! Nightmare Moon is already insane enough, if she were to find out her entire life was planned out from day one by a bunch of humans and that she was supposed to lose...well you really don't wanna deal with that existential crisis.


Anyway, noticing that Nightmare is still just staring at you awkwardly you decide to...

Pledge yourself to the Moon! Either the world will right itself and you have influence with a purified Luna, or shit goes whack and you have a chance serve as a Blade of the Darkmoon in a kingdom of eternal night. Might as well, shit already looks bad!

Kneel before Nightmare Moon. Make it clear you mean no harm. Pray to Murphy, 'cause you're gonna need the help.

ROLL FOR CHARISMA!

Kneel before Zo-Nightmare Moon in a show of allegiance. You figured you might as well go all out and turn up the charisma, and what better way than by performing some form of respect before your new overlord? In this case you kneel like a knight, through it hurts like hell considering all the glass still in your body.


I mean worst case scenario I help make sure Nightmare doesn't go full blown evil tyrant somehow as a Blade of the Darkmoon in a kingdom of eternal night. Best case scenario I have Luna as back-up when she gets turned good again...hopefully, you theorize as you strain to keep a straight face from the pain.


Oblivious to your thoughts Nightmare Moon grins evilly.


"A show of loyalty! Well aren't thou a true solider,” she coos, giving you goosebumps. “Though I suspected as much after witnessing the destruction of two of the Elements of Harmony, but now I’m convinced. I may not know thy origins or mind, but thou art truly a Soldier of the Night. Thanks to your arrival, our victory is achieved!” She then cackles maniacally and you let out a sigh of relief that she wants you to aid her in her take over the world plan instead of killing you.


“Now rise my mysterious soldier. Rise so that I may know thee better!"


As you start to stand back up, you wince in pain as the glass shifts, something Nightmare Moon takes notice of.


"Thou art wincing, show us what is causing our loyal subject pain at once!"


Loyal subject? You are far too trusting lady. You'd think being trapped on the moon for a thousand years by your sister would lead to trust issues, but I guess not.


Nodding you...

BrownDog's Comment

Show off the glass sticking out from your body, and the blood flowing from the wounds, she lights up her horn and she and you see it even more clearly.


That's...that's a lot of blood! How the hell haven't I passed out yet?!


"Hmmm...tis astonishing, with so much blood lost yet thou remains conscious. But that just proves your potential as a soldier to endure so long. Do not worry loyal subject, we shall remove these shards from your body post-haste!"


You roll your eyes at this as you think,


Again with the loyal subject stuff. Lady you just met m-OH SWEET JESUS PAIN! SO MUCH PAIN!


Almighty Alicorn that she is, Nightmare is still a villain it seems as she follows the Band-Aid line of logic of 'pull it out quick with no mercy.' Except in this case its glass shards and not a Band-Aid, and it’s all over your body, so the pain was about ten times as...well painful.


Along with the pain comes the rushing of blood, but before you can even panic you hear the ripping of cloth and the next thing you know your wounds are wrapped via tore bed sheets as bandages. As they wrap around you, you notice the midnight colored aura surrounding them and look at Nightmare in confusion.


The queen of the night simply scoffs at your look as she says,


"We shall not let our solider die from simple glass cuts nor blood loss. Be thankful your queen is so merciful as to help treat thy wounds."


You decide to just take her word for it as you notice the pile of bloody shards on the ground. There were a lot more than you realized stuck in your body.


How was I even moving? Pure adrenaline I guess, but that’s still a lot!


After a few more moments it appears Nightmare is done dressing your wounds. Looking over them you notice how almost your entire upper body is wrapped, and so are most of your arms up to your hands, and your legs down to your calves. Looking over your now dressed wounds, you give her a thankful bow to which she chuckles darkly at.


“Yes. Give thanks to thy beloved ruler. Now that your wounds have been dressed, we must find something for thou to wear as a symbol of your loyalty to us. Surely there must be some of our old attire around this decrepit place that should work despite your strange shape."


With that said Nightmare begins to look around the room in search of something for you to wear. As she does your eyes travel back to the pile of glass shards reflecting in her magic’s light. Some are as small as pebbles, and yet some are a few inches in length, and boy are you glad you didn’t land on those when you hit that bed. You look back and forth between the queen of the night and the shards before you finally sigh and think,


Oh screw it!


With that you…

If all else fails shiv her with the mirror-glass, preferably whilst she's not looking, and leg it like the terrifying mother of all things dark and evil was chasing you.

Quickly grab a sharp shard and hide it behind your back. You nervously look towards Nightmare in fear that she saw you, but it appears she is still looking for that 'symbol of loyalty' for you.


Phew....close one, you sigh in relief. As much as I don't wanna shank everyone's favorite princess, you can never be too careful. At least if she tries anything I can cut and run for it.


Unlikely as it is, but hey you never know.


With this plan of action in place, you hear her say,


“Aha! Perfect.” She then comes back towards you…

BrownDog's Comment

Holding up in her magic an old banner with the moon on it. One moon at the top and one at the bottom. It isn't as big as the other banners you saw in the hallways, if you’re being honest it looks more like a large flag. Before you can think too much on the difference between flags and banners, there is a sudden flash of light and the next thing you know you are wearing the banner poncho style.


Looking over yourself you see that the moon is both on your front and back, so it looks like she did some magic to make a hole right in the center of it for your head.


You hear the former mare in the moon chuckle darkly as she says,


"Perfect! With this banner all will know your sworn allegiance to the true ruler of Equestria! NIGHTMARE MOON!"


Dang that was loud! You wince, rubbing your ears. Hopefully the Mane 6 didn't hear tha-


*Gasp*


Your eyes widen as you and Nightmare look down the hall to see Rainbow staring at you both in shock. Before you can even do anything she lets out a screech and starts to fly back to the other room and up the hole. You stand there for a few seconds before face-palming.


I just had to think that didn't I?! Now they'll think I'm evil for sure!

Kazuma Michishige's Comment

Nightmare Moon turns her attention back to you. "Yes, quite frustrating those mares have become. All night they’ve been relentless,” she mistakes your frustration. “Come, If you are to serve me properly, you need a weapon to assist you in your duties."


You motion back to where Rainbow fled, giving a questioning look.


"Those mares?" she scoffs, "While they are a threat, it is not an immediate one any more, thanks to your actions. Still, they are a nuisance, so let us get you equipped." There's a bright flash and you feel incredibly disoriented for several seconds.


As your eyes adjust from being blinded you look around to see that you are now in a completely different room. Your eyes widen as you see a variety of weapons from swords, to axes, spears, and everything in between.


There are enough weapons here for an entire army! You gasp in admiration as you set the shard of glass down, knowing that there are upgrades incoming. As you admire at the plethora of weapons, you feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn to see Nightmare Moon looking at you.


"Here," she says, "This should suffice for now." She levitates a scepter with a ram's head on top of it over to you. You carefully take it from her, a cold shiver goes through your body as you interact with her magic.


You look at the scepter in your hands, trying to keep yourself from cackling manically, and failing.


She just gave me the Havoc Staff! No freaking way! I really am Skeletor! And all those therapists said I was delusional! Who’s delusional now?! NYEH!!! You rant as you hold the staff and tears come to your eyes.


Nightmare smiles darkly at this before she says,


"I thought this might suit you after viewing your inner self images. This mighty staff once belong to the dark wizard Grogar who tormented Equestria long ago. But we and our...sister destroyed the miserable creature and banished him to Tartarus. Now thou shall use it to lead our armies to glory!"


Completely ignoring the whole 'lead armies to glory' part you focus more on the fact that this isn't the Havoc Staff. It’s similar looking sure, but…


Awwww....Man this sucks. I thought I'd achieved nirvana! I thought my dreams had finally been realized! You lament, before determination comes to your eyes. Screw it, from now on, this IS the Havoc Staff, Copyrights be damned! It’s a much cooler name than Grogar’s Staff ...Wait a minute that goat guy from Gen 1 was canon?!


Your ramblings go unnoticed as Nightmare Moon continues to speak.


"Thou should be able to utilize basic magic with this," she instructs. "Levitation, magic bolts of varying nature, and a shield. It will respond to your will as to which thou wants to use. Tis a shame thou cannot speak, otherwise thou could use this to it's utmost ability. Go ahead and try it."


You nod excitedly at the chance to use actual magic as you turn and point the staff at a wall…and there you freeze.


Crap! You start freaking out. I have no idea how to use magic!


You take a deep breath. Okay, stay calm. She said it responds to my will, so I just need to will it. You narrow your eyes at the target. You shall not be defeated by this enemy! You shall defeat He-Man!


*ZAP*


Nightmare Moon cackles at the now three foot hole in the wall you have caused.


"While I am impressed at your skill, please restrain yourself. I plan on living here, and I don't want these mares killed just yet."


You just stare at the hole in awe as you raise your staff in the air and start pumping it like a Tusken Raider.


YYYEEESSS!!! I just used Magic! Suck It Harry Potter! You ain’t got s#!t on me! This is the greatest day of my-Wait! What did she just say?!


Her words finally hit you and you look over to her in shock, to which she just chuckles darkly.


"While thou is a loyal solider, it shall be I who ends the lives of those pitiful mares. My sister’s pitiful student and her friends will be executed before the country, and this will once and for all prove that THE NIGHT SHALL NEVER GIVE WAY TO THE SUN AGAIN! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"


You just stare at the crazy pony in fear as lightning crashes somewhere.


What the hell? She wants to kill them?! What happened to the show’s PG rating?! I...I can't let her kill them!


Before you can act on your thoughts, her face suddenly contorts to one of horror as she yells,


"What!?! No! No! NOOOOO! Even while broken, she gathers them together!”


She then teleports right of the room, leaving you alone in the room with your staff in hand.


Oh yeah, that’s great, just leave me alone in the dark why don’tcha? Freaking kill crazy Luna…Wait, does that mean Twilight’s still trying to activate the Elements even though I broke them? I guess it could work since they got broken by Nightmare Moon in the show…Aw crap.


You realize where she’s headed, so you use the newly installed hole in the wall which seems to be more of a punched out hole rather than an outright destroyed one as you gingerly step through the displaced bricks with your bare feet.


So I didn’t so much as kaboom it as I punched it with my mind…Still, AWESOME!* You smile before you get your head back on track to finding the Mane 6.


Alright, it was somewhere upstairs. AJ, Pinkie and the rest came up some stairs when Twilight got her epiphany!


After a few minutes of frantically busting down doors, running up stairs, and running down hallways (which irritates your wounds) you round a corner and come face to face 5 ponies that shriek,


“EEEP!” at the same time, startling you into falling on your butt.


After their initial shock, Applejack grits her teeth and shouts,


“Where’s Twilight?! What did you do with her?!”


You stumble back up from that shout and the ponies get a better look at you.


“See! I told you it was working with Nightmare Moon!” Rainbow Dash calls out.


"Oof, such an old and raggedy poncho," Rarity chastises, causing you to grimmace.


Oi! It's not like I have many choices!


You look causes all of the mares to glare at you in disgust and anger, even Pinkie and Fluttershy. This causes you to get even more upset.


Oh come on! You can’t waste time on me! You gotta get upstairs and inspire Twilight before this show changes dramatically! Now Get Upstairs!


*ZAP*


A blast of magic flies from your staff and hits the ceiling you were gesturing towards and some dust and pebbles fall on your head.


There is a tense awkward silence as they look at you in shock and trepidation at your display of power.


Ah hell…


WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

*To be clear you don't have super powerful magic just yet, still need some practice, but you can do basic blast and such.

It's a race against the clock! Can you lead the ponies to Twilight before canon changes forever? Or will Equestria face a new age of NIGHT FOREVER!

So yeah, your mission is to get the mane 5 to Twilight before its too late by whatever means possible, good luck on your mission.

Also three days early! Thanks for all the comments making this possible. Maybe one day this story will be popular enough that I might actually need the five days to make it? Only time will tell.

Still thanks for all the love and support so far, and remember you decide how this story goes, so if you want something to happen you must comment in order for it to happen.

Welp, this is DWC signing off!

PreviousChapters Next