• Published 13th Jul 2017
  • 4,156 Views, 460 Comments

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Squee ( A Comment Driven Story) - Down with Chrysalis



You, a brony, are sent to Equestria. The problem is, you're now a mute...good luck!

  • ...
12
 460
 4,156

PreviousChapters Next
Episode 13: A After Shower Talk

You stand awkwardly in the shower, trying to contemplate why Rainbow of all ponies would want to talk with you. After thinking for a good couple of minutes on whether or not you should actually get out, open the door and talk to Rainbow, you decide.


Ah what the hell? Knowing her, she'd just bust open the door if I didn't.


So with that in mind you...

MagicLover2128's Comment

Look around for your towel as you quickly switch off the shower.


You grab one, but it's a much smaller than the one you usually use.


Dang it! Is today laundry day?


It barely wraps around your waist as you quickly attempt to cover yourself and give your body some decency. You have to use a hand to keep it closed and together.


I really hope I can keep myself decent and not end up like some comedy where the main guy ends up flashing a bunch of girls...or I guess in this case mares.


With that thought you make your way over to the door. You place your other hand onto the knob and take a deep breath.


Now let’s see what Rainbow wants to speak to me about, I hope it's not gonna end up with me in pain.


With that you open the door to a sheepish looking Rainbow Dash. It looks like she was about to knock on the door again.


The two of you stare awkwardly at each other...


and stare...


and stare...


and stare...


That’s it. First chance I get I’m getting a skull mask so I don’t have to make eye contact anymore. Deciding that you've had enough of this awkward staring you cough into your hand. Rainbow seems to get the message as she snaps out of it and puts her hoof down.


"So...uh...okay this was easier in my head," she chuckles awkwardly.


Easier to do what? You raise an eyebrow. Is this some sort of weird pony thing or...?

Greatness942's Comment

"Listen, that food fight was...actually pretty fun. Like, super fun," Rainbow Dash hesitantly admits, which makes you raise your eyebrow in confusion even more.


Wow, she's admitting I did a good thing...wasn't expecting that this early, but I already have three quests. Maybe it's just a-


"But, well, after it ended, me and Gilda got talking. She lost her temper, and started-" Rainbow Dash hesitates, before she continues, looking melancholy, "She started badmouthing my friends. It was pretty...scathing. Yeah, that's the word."


WHAT?! Oh, no! It didn't change! How?! It’s only been like 5 minutes!


"I know it's not your fault...but me and Gilda aren't friends anymore." she says, before passing you a note.


Shit! You start wigging out. Maybe I really can't change fate! Maybe I'm doomed to keep canon forever. Stable time loops, paradoxes. I'll never get my Stand, or conquer Castle Gre- Then, you look at the note, and your thoughts change to bafflement.


It's your old note, showing Gilda losing her temper, except, there is a new drawing attached to it, showing a chibi RD laughing. You look up to see Rainbow Dash trying to stifle her laughter. She fails, laughing as you just stare and stare.


"Gotcha!" she says, "Pinkie showed me that note after the food fight, and I thought it would be funny to mess with you. Me and G are fine. We talked it out over cake and cider!"


...This is simultaneously not enough to be put you on my He-Man list, and yet it's still enough of a transgression that you're in the running to be put in the top three.


“You should see your face!” At your glare Rainbow seems to laugh only harder, which only causes your eye to twitch in annoyance.


Yeah yeah laugh it up. You may not be on the He-Man list (yet), but you will be getting pranked later. Mark my words you'll be covered in glue and looking like a chicken before you can even blink.

Kazuma Michishige's Comment

After Rainbow has her laugh, she looks back up at you.


"Hey," she says, "I know I've been kinda of a jerk to you, but in my defense, you did help try to take over the world and you've been a bit of a jerk yourself,"


Get to the point Rainbow, you give her a stare conveying your message.


"But Gilda, Pinkie, and that guard told me how you helped out earlier, and I just wanna say thanks." She gives you a half hearted glare, "this doesn't means we're best buddies or anything, but I'd be okay trying to be…friendly with you," with that, she turn to leaves.


You stealthily fist pump, Yes, progress has been made today! With your confidence boosted, you proceed to make plans to head to bed.


Before you can even do anything however, Rainbow is suddenly right back in your face. You jump back at her sudden reappearance, and you barely manage to keep your towel secure.


What the heck Rainbow!? What's with the last minute jump scare?! Rainbow, oblivious to your thoughts, simply stares you down as she asks,

BrownDog's Comment

"So listen, since we’re all being friendly and stuff, what is up with that cupcake Pinkie said you made for me?" You smirk at that trollishly.


"I'm serious! What's in it?! Is it worms? Hot Sauce? Some weird voodoo? WHAT?!"


You flip your notebook to one of the pages dedicated to the few response words you learned, and tap "Maybe"


"Ugh! I'll throw it away then...unless that's what you WANT me to do?" she accuses.


I'll never tell...I'll never tell... you think creepily as you put a finger to your lip in a shushing gesture.


"GYAGH!" Rainbow huffs, tearing at her mane as you shut the door in her face.


Good, let the paranoia flow through you...


Cackling silently you grab your Poncho, but before you can put it on you hear Rainbow shout from outside,


"Hey, open up! I’m not done talking yet!"


God dang it Rainbow, Quit ruining my rude manners. You open the door to see Rainbow floating outside the nearby window with a smug smirk on her face.


I don't like that smile, you think wearily. That smile is giving me the bad vibes. Rainbow just keeps her smile though as she says,

Denneylaw's Comment

"So, G says you are quite good at kissing, even though you accidentally cut your lip there. I can give you a few pointers if you want?" You get all wide eyed at this as you think,


What?!! No! That’s gross! And wait, how would you know? Are they actually a couple!!??? I mean-I ah--wha...


Before your brain can completely shut down, you hear Rainbow laugh along with what sounds like Gilda and Pinkie laughing coming from outside.


“He actually bought that! He’s totally thinking perverted things, you guys owe me five bits!” You glare at Rainbow and shake your fist at her as you think angrily,


Oh, ha ha, real mature guys!! Nyeh!!! Soon, Skeletor will prank you back so hard! You guys are THIS close to making the list!!


As soon as you think this, you realize something. Something very important. Something that will cause mass embarrassment. What did you realize?


You used the wrong hand to shake your fist with.


Time seems to slow down as your towel begins to fall in slow motion. You and Rainbow’s eyes widen, and there is only one thing you can do to save yourself. You...

Jaro45's Comment

Give out an airy scream, that is somehow more high pitched and girlish than usual. This manages to startle Rainbow, and you take this chance to quickly dive back into the bathroom and shut the door behind you.


You breath deeply and try to clam down at your almost flashing of the rainbow maned pony.


Dear lord that was way too close! I'm in enough trouble with people thinking me petting Gilda is intimate, I do not need them thinking I purposely flashed Rainbow. And right after she said that stuff to Pinkie and Gilda downstairs. Damn you sitcom clichés, damn you all to hell for making this happen!


However before you can curse out every know sitcom ever, you hear Rainbow mumble,


"Huh...wonder what that was about. Probably just some weird ape thing." And with that you hear her flap away from the window, followed by another pair of wings and some hoof steps.


You sit there, wide eyed as you try to process what happened. When you do, you can't stop yourself from face-palming as you think,


Oh yeah, I forgot. In ponyland, nudity is far more common than clothing. The fact that she didn't see it probably means that she just thought...I don't know, that I was decent or something. God I hate pony logic.


With that thought you dry yourself as best as you can, put on the tattered poncho, and head to bed.

Greatness942's Comment

After all that excitement, you lie in bed, and fall asleep, checking over your notes one more time.


Easiest quest to do is to figure out Lyra's story. If an episode isn't happening then, I can do some errands with Pinkie, then do that on the way back. Sounds right to me. Before you nod off, though, you have one last thought.


...Hold on. Hamon is connected to the sun. So, what if Celestia knows it? If she's anything like a Zeppeli, maybe canon will change into a funeral, you muse, before closing your eyes and nodding off.

Sunbro4life's Comment

LATER THAT NIGHT

As you sleep you start to have a...well let's just say weird dream.


It starts out nicely with you, Pinkie, Spike and Gilda doing JoJo poses in front of a crying He-Man on a techno dance floor while a bunch of video game characters cheer you on.


“Come on He-Man! Step it up! Nyeh!”


But it soon turns into a nightmare. He-Man stops crying and gives you the most evilest smile you’ve ever seen.


“Nyeh?”


He soon rushes forth and picks you up by your throat, and the music cuts out. Your dance partners and the audience disappear, and He-man begins to beat you. The worst part is, he never says a word, all he does is smile at you as his fists strike.


“What the hell dude? We were just dancing?!” You’re on your final straw and He-Man is about to strike you down with his sword. But before he can a new challenger approaches!


A bright blue light flashes and he freezes mid swing, before he suddenly dematerializes in front of you. After he does, you see that your environment has changed. You are in a grassy field under a clear night sky. You look around in wonder, at both the environment and the night sky.


Okaaayyy, did I eat too much chocolate before bed? Or have I been drugged?


You then hear a tapping, as if someone is tapping on a window pane from very far away.


You look up at the moon, and you see a faded out shadow illusion with glowing white eyes.


It looks like a slightly bigger version of Woona! She still looks like her post-harmonization form, but she is a bit taller. She gives you a reassuring smile and waves her hoof.


You slowly raise your hand and wave it back at her. But all good things must come to an end as the world around you begins to fade. The last thing you hear before going to the waking world a whisper of a breeze.


"Soon." And then, you return to the waking world.

THE WAKING WORLD (AKA YOU WOKE UP THE NEXT DAY)

After you wake up you think for a moment about what just happened before shaking it off.


No way that was real. Luna is still too weak to do any dream walking yet. Still...that felt pretty weird.


Shaking your head yet again you get up and begin to do some morning stretches. As you do you can't help but reflect on the events that transpired the day before, and you cringe.


Ugh...I have to do something for Foxtrot for defusing what could have been a huge problem. The only question is...what the hell do I get her, and get O'Carroll too...or was it Oak? Eh I'll think of something today.


With your stretches out of the way you decide to see if Pinkie is up yet. Looking over to her you can't help but chuckle slightly.


Yep still asleep, still surprising she doesn't move around considering how much energy she usually has. You decide to wake her up, if only so you can get started on your side quest of figuring out Lyra's human connection.


You lean in to shake Pinkie awake when you notice that it's not Pinkie but a Piñata made to look like Pinkie You only have a moment of shock before it explodes giving you a coating of ketchup.


Wha....what just happened!? You blink cartoonishly just as Pinkie opens the closet, revealing her and Rainbow laughing their butts off. You glare at the two ponies as Pinkie says,


"Sorry Skelly, had to get you back and Dashie was nearby so she decided to help!" You just roll your eyes and sigh.


It’s gonna be another long day, isn't it?

LATER THAT DAY

Kazuma Michishige's Comment

BrownDog's Comment

During the next couple of hours (after a quick shower), your attempts to find Lyra have been unsuccessful, and your frustration is steadily growing.


How hard is it to find one pony?! You think. You decide to take a break in your quest and sit down on a bench. Fluttershy, your escort for the day, sits down next to you.


You two proceed to sit in silence for some time. Really in fact, she hasn’t said all that much, just followed you, asking about your lips every now and again. Still, it’s been kind of nice. As the two of you sit in silence you notice a certain griffon fly over head with Rainbow in tow. You stare at them as they fly off.


At least that proves my theory. Looks like my intervention has actually managed to change some things. Gilda sticking around longer than before is proof. Her visit wasn’t cut off after one day! Nyeh! You celebrate, pumping your fist. Now what episode came next?


Before you can think too much on it, you see everybody's favorite baby dragon and his purple unicorn sister/mother figure. The two of them seem to be conversing about something, but it’s kinda hard to tell since the poor drake is holding onto a stack of quill boxes.


Poor guy, must have had to buy more after Rainbow and Pinkie’s prank yesterday.


Seeing the two of them, you get an idea. You decide that since looking for Lyra is a bust, maybe it would be a good idea to get those clothes you need. So you should enlist the little drake to help you.


I've got bits, I'll get her hopeless suitor, and perhaps an owed favor since she didn't heed my "psychic" warning. I'm getting some new duds so help me God! Or at least some new underwear!


You look down your poncho at your hole filled and torn white briefs. Weeks of constant wear, not to mention countless pratfalls and broken chairs have not been kind to the tighty whities.


And Tennis Shoes may be out of the question, but some socks or even just sandals couldn't hurt either.


With that thought you get up and start to head over to them, but your sudden movement causes Fluttershy to squeak in surprise. But she quickly catches up along with your two escorts.

Sunbro4life's Comment

Yes and by the power of cartoon logic this has to work out for me somehow . Or it could go the same old route where the universe picks on Skeletor. Pondering for a moment you recall you had a different name at some point before you came here.


I wasn't always called Skeletor right? No that's impossible my name’s always been Skeletor. You gain a worried look as your thoughts start to go deeper and deeper,


I..I can't remember what I was doing before I got here! Wait no I was...I was playing video games! Yeah and my name was...it is...Then as soon as the strange feeling had come it was gone.


What was I thinking about again?...Eh probably nothing.


With that thought you continue to walk towards the drake and pony, oblivious to the fact that they are farther than before and Fluttershy has a worried look.


However just as your about to reach them, Spike gets dragged off by Hasbro's first poor representation of male kids, Snips and Snails. Your eyes widen at this as you begin to remember what episode is next, or rather what one you’re in.


Crap, it's Boast Busters! Why is this one happening so soon? Griffon the Brush Off was just yesterday! Gah, think about timeline later, what happens in this episode agai-OH HELL!


Your eyes widen in panic and fear, to which Fluttershy notices. But you don't care as only one thought is on your mind,


URSA MINOR!!!!


WHAT DO YOU DO?

Author's Note:

Looks like Skell's first real threat is coming up, I wonder if you'll survive or not?

Man I haven't posted a chap early in forever! I guess this chapter being short helped in that department.

Anyway, last episodes question answers were interesting. Kazuma with the classic anime trope, and Sunbro with a...interesting non-movir entry. Honestly more of a slapstick, like that one movie where the guy had his uh...little guy stuck in his zipper. Forgot what movie it was called.

Oh and Greatness, you wanna make something canon, you gotta work hard for it. After all if I just made it so where would the fun be? :trollestia:

This episode's question is...

What is the scariest monster in the mlp universe?

For a show meant for girls there sure are a lot of scary and deadly creatures in it. But I wonder, which one is the scariest of them all?

This is DWC, signing off!

PreviousChapters Next