• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 2,364 Views, 39 Comments

Outcast - RainbowShades

  • ...
6
 39
 2,364

Chapter 1

I fled from the house that I was forced to live in. It wasn't my home and never would be. Without even knowing where I was going I ended up at Twilight's house. I banged at the door with my eyes still off center from my dad's latest beating.

"Twilight! I need your help."

"Oh, hi Derpy," replied Twilight with her eyes behind a book as she opened the door. "What brings you here?"

"I need a place to stay for the night. Can I please stay here?"

"Well I don't know... I guess?"

"Thanks Twilight."

"Um you're welcome" she said while pushing me away. "Looks like you need another eye spell. They"re wall-eyed again."

She did a quick spell and my eyes were fixed.

"Well I'm going back to sleep" said Twilight while yawning sleepily. "Why were you out so late anyways."

"Sorry Twilight, I can't tell you"

"C'mon Derpy, I'm your friend."

"I'm sorry Twilight."

"Well Goodnight," said Twilight with a troubled look on her face.

"Goodnight"

As I laid down on the ground I started crying. Stupid of me right. Everything was so unfair. From the moment I was born my dad resented me. My mother died after giving birth to me so I think he thought I killed her. My dad was drunk all the time and liked to beat me. All the beatings to my head constantly left me wall-eyed. Sometimes I even put a brown paper bag on my head just to cover the lumps on my head. I don't care if people called me weird. All that mattered was to not let anypony know my dad beat me or else he will think I told. Sometimes he would hit me so hard I would faint.

I never knew what my real name was. My dad called me Derpy because of my voice and the name stuck. The only thing that would ever comfort me was muffins. I always found money on the ground that my dad threw around when he was drunk. The only reason he is even alive is because he's living off the fortune one of my relatives gave me. Anyways muffins. They were the only thing I liked about my life.

I just wish I could be normal. As see the sun rising in the sky the only thought in my mind is this, "Why cant I have a normal life?