• Published 11th Jul 2017
  • 322 Views, 4 Comments

Project F.R.I.E.N.D.S.H.I.P. - SaltWriter the leviapony



IS friendship the strongest magic in Equestria, one scientist plans to test this to the highest extreme

  • ...
 4
 322

ch. 1, beauty and blood

It has been one year since Jade awoke to her new masters and strange lifestyle. Those months were spent doing small training exercises to get herself adapted to the Alicorn magic and robotics of her new body. It had been rigorous, spell lessons, flight training, and use of her bodies bionics. She had tried to escape during the 1st few weeks, but after looking in the mirror, seeing her topaz eyes, deep green fur, and purple mane and tail, she realized that her life was linked to her new friends, and decided to cooperate. Jade had actually gotten to like them better, especially the maid Buttercup.

Now, standing on the balcony of the Tinkerers home, she was about to head out on her first mission for the doctors “Project F.R.I.E.N.D.S.H.I.P.”, a plan that she had been made to perform. As she looked at the sunrise over the horizon, the Tinkerer walked onto the balcony with her, wearing his usual grey coat and gauntlets.

“You seem nervous, you should get those thoughts out of your head if you’re to finish this.” Jade turned to him with a blank expression. It was true, she hated to admit it, but the things she had to do?

“Listen darling, this is no different than the simulations. Just a little more ‘interesting’ is all. Don’t think of yourself in the wrong here, science has only one color, morals aren't our thing.”

“Easy for you to say Doc, i’m the one going into the field, the only thing you’re going to do is watch and see how much I fail at this.” Jade flinched when the Tinkerer put a hoof around her shoulder and hugged her close.

“Failure, is that what you think will happen? I have full confidence in you, and as for sitting around, nothing is the last thing i’ll be doing.” as he said this, he pulled out a stack of rolled up papers from his pocket, showing it to her with a flick. It was quite a lot of papers, easily as round as a hoof, and having a lot of small questions on them.

“I would rather be in your position. YOU at least get to go out and do something interesting, meanwhile I have to fill out a test while sitting in front of a screen watching you go have fun. Now, Buttercup prepared something for you before you go. Have fun, and make sure to finish the job.” He said the last few words with a edge, but walked off with a smile to the entrance to the lab near the back of the house.

Sure enough, Buttercup came out of one of the downstairs rooms, wearing her maid outfit and carrying a broom and cloak in her magic. She approached with a smile, handing the cloak over to Jade and putting the broom down nearby.

“This is something I usually wear when I go to town for groceries. It should fit you well enough, and should cover your wings and Cutie Mark. remember, all you have to do is go by Carousel Boutique and pick up the clothes,, got it?”

“Yes Buttercup, as a robot, it would be hard to forget, especially with the Doc reminding me a few seconds ago.” The two shared a laugh, and with a wave, Jade made her way to the edge of the platform and took off, flying around the mountain to Canterlot. She landed just on the edge of the area, and, looking to see no one was watching, put the cloak on.

Back in the lab, several scientists were scribbling and typing away at their keyboards, taking notes on Jade's performance and status through parasprite mounted cameras. The Tinkerer, along with Keros and Otaku, were sitting in a booth together, taking their own notes and observations.

“This is so COOL, we are looking at the 1st robotic Alicorn in action. Are you guys as excited as I am?” Otaku asked, a smile on his face as he continued to write.

“I am definitely looking forward to seeing what becomes of her, good or bad.” The Tinkerer spoke, waving a pencil-holding hoof in the air “as long as she works, i’ll be fine with whatever performance she does.”

“I hope she doesn't push herself too far, this will be hard for her as is, the missions going forward will be even tougher. I hope things go smoothly.” Keros spoke from where she was, not taking her eyes off the screen as Jade made her way through Canterlot.

“I’m sure this will be a breeze, picking up a few outfits aren't going to be a challenge.” The Tinkerer spoke from his position. Nodding his head at the reactions he saw on the screen.

“That wasn't what I was talking about.” Keros retorted, writing down more notes on her notepad and watching the screen. Jade had finally reached her destination. The three watched as Jade knocked on the door to the boutique.

“Just a second, i’ll be with you in a moment.” A voice came from inside the boutique. Jade stood outside, looking around the place to the other nearby unicorns. She noticed a lot of them didn't approve of the grey cloak she wore over her body. She didn't mind though, it was better then the reactions she would get if she showed her true figure.

“Hello, welcome to our boutique, how can we help…” Sassy Saddles looked at the unicorn standing outside with a strange look, but shook it off and, regaining her composure, she tried again.

“Sorry darling, i wasn't expecting a visitor with such a ‘strange’ cloths choice. Come inside and i’ll get your order ready.” Sassy motioned with her head, and Jade walked inside, taking in the various decor and dress products that were on display. Nothing she would find amusing, but it wasn't for her that she had come.

“I came to pick up an order from Clock Gate. He had placed a large order a couple of months back and I came to pick it up for him.”

“Yes, give me a second to get it. Rarity, could you entertain the guest for a little bit while I go and get her order from the back.” as she spoke, the white unicorn came out from a nearby door, carrying some sewing supplies and fabric over to the mannequin on display.

“Sure thing, love. I’ll be with you in a moment.” Rarity spoke as she began to dress one of the empty mannequins with the fabric she was holding. “I must say, I’m glad you came to pick up that order, it was quite an ordeal to finish all the designs. Who would even come up with a red and dark blue wedding dress, with an emerald in the chest spot? And to match it up with a WHITE tuxedo? Simply strange, but I do hope the larger tuxedo fits whoever you asked it for, I didn't have a model in that size, so I eyed it out with a tree to the best I can.”

“I’m sure he can manage with whatever you made for him, and thank you for being so willing to commit to it. It was a tall order, we know.” Jade spoke with the best enthusiasm she could muster, but clothes weren't really her thing.

“Here you are, love. The bits came with the order plans, so you can just take them.” Jade nodded, taking the boxes with her magic and using a teleportation spell to send them back to the lab.

In the lab, the team received the packages with a poof, and worker ponies took the packages and sent them upstairs for Buttercup to clean.

“Everything seems to be going well, and these notes will help on our later automaton research.” Keros took her papers and began to walk upstairs, Otaku following behind.

“Whats going on Tink, not done with your papers?” Otaku looked at the doctor with an odd expression, wondering what he was writing on his pages.

“Just go upstairs, i want to make sure nothing goes wrong on her way out.” Otaku nodded, despite not believing him on this, he trotted down the hall to catch up with Keros.

“Sorry my friends, but this is something you won't approve of watching. Activate the Hunter program, and make sure no one gets in until the act is done.” as he spoke this, the doors were locked, and the workers dimmed the lights, leaving the screen for Jade the only light source. The Tinkerer picked up one of his gauntlets, and typing out a code, activated Hunter mode in Jade, and returned to his notes to see what happens.

As Jade was walking out the door, giving her goodbyes to the two unicorns, she suddenly stiffened up, her pupils retracting, and then collapsing on the floor in a heap. The unicorns rushed over to the crumpled ponies, asking if she is alright, only to be knocked away by a sharp movement as she shot upright.

“It seems that you have some problems that I need to address, sorry loves.” Jade was speaking, but her voice had taken a metallic edge to it, her eyes now glowing a bright violet and staring at the two startled unicorns.

“Goodness, what’s wrong with you dearie?!” Rarity exclaimed, looking at Jade as she began to use magic to lift sewing needles out of their storage areas, floating them around like a carnival ride

“Well, nothing is wrong with ME, you two aren't going to enjoy what i’m about to do.” as Jade said this, she began to thrust the needles at Saddles, her body twitching and spazzing from the needles impact into her muscles and bones. Poor Rarity fainted from the bizarre sight, and soon enough, Saddles body was a stiff pin cushion, her screams of pain and fear no longer able to come as her neck muscles were unable to move.

“Now, since you won't be coming out of this, my superiors could have use of your horn, so I hope you don't mind if I take it from you.” As Jade said this, she pulled out a clothing knife from a nearby drawer, using a small laser from behind her eye to heat the blade to a piping red.

Rarity had managed to wake up from her stupor, only to faint again, as she saw Jade carve out Saddles horn. She watched as Jade sliced in front of her eyes, cutting around the small area, the flesh beginning to burn and the blood flowed out. Poor Sassy had to live through the whole process of her scalp being cut through.

The stiffened figure of sassy was left alone after, as her body died from the blood loss. Jade took the horn into a small pouch, and walked over to the crumpled form of Rarity, smiling at the figure lying on the floor

“Now, miss dress pony, it will be unfortunate to let yourself be wasted like your friend here. So, you will be reshaped for ‘delivery’ and be given away to your friends.” As she spoke, Jade retrieved several items from around the shop, threading a needle with her magic and beginning to sew her mouth shut.

Upon seeing this, the Tinkerer shut off the footage feed, and motioned for the scientists to finish the work. He made his way outside, closing the door behind him to ensure no disturbs the last phases of the operation.

“Alright, Jade has gone and finished off the dress makers, go and get our secret tool.” the Tinkerer spoke softly into his speaker as he walked down the hall.

“Understood, make sure that the job is finished for the boutique.” on the other end of the line, Fangorn was sitting on the outskirts of Ponyville, watching over the area for the target. Soon enough, the worker beside him signed for him, and Fangorn flew down to pick up the target. He swiftly took the Pegasus and flew out of town to the spot where his assistant was.

“Don't squirm Derpy, it is only me. Just relax and we can talk.” the mail pony stopped her struggle in her captor's hand, and opened her eyes to see the dragon. She breathed a sigh of relief, and Fangorn let her down on the ground. When he did, Derpy flew up and hugged his neck, smiling at the large figure.

“Hey Fangy, you startled me when you rushed me like that. You could have just asked if you wanted to see me. What is this about?” Derpy flew down to the ground, looking at the dragon with her usual stare. Fangorn nodded, and motioned for the nearby worker, who handed Derpy a small earpiece like the one the others wore.

“We seem to need your services Derpy, and since you are in our debt, you will cooperate with us for a while.” Fangorn's words caused Derpy to blush, she had forgotten about the ‘muffin’ incident, and about the debt she owed the Tinkerer. But, not one to disappoint, she let the worker put the headpiece on, and listened to the voice she hadn't heard in a long time.

“It has been a while since we last talked, young mare.” the Tinkerer’s voice came from the speaker in her ear, causing her to spin around to try and find the Tinkerer.

“Doc, is that you, I can hear you, but I can’t find you.”

“I’m not going to be their, the headset will be how we will talk for a while. But don’t worry, we will be meeting each other eventually.” Derpy took the headset off to look at it, but the nearby worker put it back on, shaking his head no.

“Listen Derpy, we need to have you do a few things for us. We need you to deliver packages for us, but we need you to keep an eye on twilight for us as well.”

“But, why do I need to watch her, I normally deliver letters and packages, but to watch a pony like her? It doesn't sound right.”

“Don't worry about that, just make sure to watch her movements out of the castle. Dinkey will be taken care of by Buttercup, so don't worry about her. Now, for your first delivery. Follow Fangorn and he will get your first mission.” Derpy exclaimed happily from this, and followed Fangorn as he flew off to get the delivery.

Twilight was sitting in the library of her castle, looking over the various books to see if she needed to reorganize the shelves again. While she was looking them over, a knock came at the door, and a voice came from outside

“Hey Twilight, special delivery.” Derpy’s squeaky voice came from outside, making twilight smile.

“Hold on Derpy, Starlight, could you get that for us?” As she spoke, the pink unicorn teleported to the door, opening it with her magic to get the package. It was a rather large one, more than big enough to hold a large chair in it.

“This is quite the package Derpy, what’s in it?” but before she could continue, Derpy had already left, flying out of sight, and meeting with Fangorn again to fly back to the Tinkerer.

“Huh, strange for her to just leave like that, oh well.” Starlight shrugged, taking the package with her magic and bringing it into the main area of the castle. Twilight and spike had both come into the room to see what was in the package as well. It was just a simple brown box with nothing distinctive about it. Using her magic, twilight broke the seal on the top of the box, letting the four sides fall down and reveal the sight inside.

Before they could truly examine the gift, the overpowering scent of musk and strong perfumes was suffocatingly released into the library, causing the three to cringe from the strong smells that came out. Twilight had to grab a bucket to throw into, and Starlight used her magic to open a window and throw the smells out. Spike seemed to be the least affected, almost enjoying the different smells that came from this object.

Once the smell had been contained, the three were able to look over what had been given to them. It was a mannequin, but it had white fur covering itself instead of the usual cloth. There were several stitches in places that normally don't have them, such as near the eyes and the mouth area. Dark colored spots dotted the visible sections of the mannequin, as well as some spots on the dress.

The dress itself was a bright orange color, with swirls of yellow that reach to the shoulders. The bottom part of the dress was a purple, with bright blue fur offsetting the color. On the chest was a pair of designs on flat sheets of fur, one with Rarity’s cutie mark, the other with sassy saddles. Hanging in-between the two accessories was a small note, which twilight picked up with her magic and opened.

Hello, princess of friendship. This may sound odd, but I have brought you your friends body for a test. The biggest cliche in our world is ‘friendship is the STRONGEST magic in Equestria.’ well, this is the first test of this all powerful ‘magic’. More will come soon, and I hope you are ready for them.

Twilight’s eyes began to bulge out of their sockets at this news. Someone had just killed one of her friends, and has sent her their body made into a dress, so she could try and REVIVE them with friendship magic? Horrifying, or not, twilight realized that she was about to face the hardest test of her magic and mind to this date.

Author's Note:

sorry it took so long to upload, my hard drive where I saved it to had a glitch in it, and as you can see, the chapters are pretty long as well.
My next upload will be a one shot prequel to this dealing with how Derpy knows the Tinkerer and his crew (along with the 'muffin' incident)