• Published 12th Jul 2017
  • 20,164 Views, 1,023 Comments

Dawn - Anachronon



Redemption had to be earned, Sunset Shimmer knew that. But how could everything go so wrong? Who was this "Anon-a-Miss"? Nobody believed her, all abandoned her. What would be left for her? A certain draconequus was witness and decided to intervene.

  • ...
61
 1,023
 20,164

Chapter 6 - Severed Ties

The auditorium was filled to the brim with students, all rows were occupied, with the teachers scattered around the room. Whatever Principal Celestia had to say, it sounded very important.

Behind the curtain of the stage cowered a certain lavender girl. And the reason was of greatest tragedy too, because the Princess of Friendship, Defender of Books, Queen of Nerds, Bane of Hayburgers and Devourer of Knowledge... came without a checklist.

"What do I say first?! What is when they won't believe us and continue to think it was Sunset?! Do they have spoiled fruits and will toss something at me, because my speech is bad? Oh no! How do I know when it is appropriate to start and when to end?! Is there a special sign I have to look out for? Flashcards! I need flashcards! SPIKE! Bring me-"

"Wasn't she all fired up an hour ago when my sister's counterpart asked her to talk with the other students? Why is she suddenly so nervous?" Vice-principal Luna asked the 'dog', slightly baffled.

Spike stared at her like she just asked him why diamonds were tasty. "Right, not from our world," he muttered to himself. "That is Twilight in a nutshell when she has to speak in front of big crowds. She's prepared to talk in small groups and says what needs to be said. But asking her to improvise in situations like this, where she has to hold a speech in front of a big audience, completely without rehearsal? Good luck with that."

"But why didn't Twilight just tell the princess that she needed more time to prepare herself?" Fluttershy inquired timidly in confusion. She wasn't sure if Spike would shout at her or not.

"Because Tartarus would freeze over before Twilight denies a request from Princess Celestia and risks 'disappointing' her," Spike thought in thick sarcasm. But because he didn't want to explain their strange student-teacher relationship in depth he only replied with a very convincing and comforting, "I'm not sure, but I know she can handle it. Twilight will calm down soon, don't worry Fluttershy."

Spike could never stay mad for long at the person in front of him, no matter if pony or not. In fact he was certain that there was never a situation before in his life where he was ever mad at Fluttershy of all ponies to begin with. The dragon in canine form had the impression that she was devastated about everything and sincerely sorry, but THIS Fluttershy bucked up majorly and had to overcome her uncertainties for now on her own. He couldn't simply forget what they did, facing the consequences like the rest of the Rainbooms was the only option for her and the least they should do.

He trusted Twilight's judgement, since she was betrayed as well in a sense. His big sister had trusted the human counterparts of their friends with looking out for Sunset Shimmer and they abandoned her in the end when needed the most. No, Twilight and Sunset should handle this.

Principal Celestia appeared with the three freshmen behind her. Their siblings continued to ignore them.

"Is everybody ready? I think we can start." The tall woman looked at Discord, "And what are you still doing here? I thought you returned with the princess."

Discord was mock shocked, "Woe is me! And here I thought that would be the beginning of a great and wonderful friendship! You hurt my feelings. See?"

The draconequus in disguise held his right palm open. A fearful Mini-Discord with a white shirt, the words 'Discord's Feelings' were written upon it, ran away from a like a demon looking Mini-Principal Celestia. The little version of the human had a frying pan in her hand and tried to hit the Mini-Discord as much as possible during their small hunt. Her attire was very... adventurous.

"W-what am I wearing?!" she whispered in shock into the offender's ear, trying to shield the view from others with her own body. She blushed up a storm.

He looked at his palm and closed it immediately in realization. "Oops! I forgot we are not T-rated any longer. But come on Tia! Think about all the fun we could have! Switching your shampoo with hair tint, defying gravity to my heart's content, eating your cake, pranking you-"

"Nothing about what you just said sounded even remotely 'fun' for me, Discord," Celestia replied with already strained patience.

The Spirit of Chaos chuckled impishly, "Well, of course not silly. I was talking about all the joy I would have!"

The principal stared at him for a few moments with an unreadable expression. "Just don't do anything stupid..."

He bowed lowly, and she was quite certain that this man was mocking her now. "I will be on my best behaviour. Don't worry your colorful little head about it."

The principal of CHS sighed and left to enter the stage, surrendering to Discord's antics.

Twilight Sparkle was finally ready as well after finishing her breathing exercise. "I'm sorry for freaking out, Vice-principal Luna. I just wasn't sure what I should say to convince the students of Sunset's innocence," Twilight assured with an apologetic expression in the woman's direction.

Luna looked sadly and a little ashamed into the princess' eyes. "Your Highness-" the Equestrian's eye twitched. "-I fear it won't be as easy as you might have hoped. From what I heard you ponies are a very forgiving species. Am I correct?"

The young lady nodded, not entirely sure why the Vice-principal asked.

The older woman's mood turned sour, "It's more complicated with humans, many of us are able to hold a grudge for years, some even for their whole life. A fair share of the students who accused Ms. Shimmer from the very beginning won't suddenly start to see her in a new light only because you tell them about her redeeming qualities or talk with them about the true identity of Anon-a-Miss."

The three friends winced painfully when all eyes were focused on them.

"Oh..." Twilight sounded very disappointed once more. "I mean I knew that some humans wouldn't simply forgive her, ponies can hold grudges as well, but I hoped they would see reason when confronted with the truth. At least the students who have no part in this and still think that it was Sunset."

The midnight blue woman offered her a reassuring smile. "Don't be too hard on yourself. It's not your fault, it is just in our nature to be more unaccepting of something we don't understand and resentful against the ones who wronged us." She shook her head, "I fear the most sincere apology of Ms. Shimmer herself won't be enough in some cases."

"'Unaccepting'? 'Resentful'? How adorable. I would call mankind wonderfully CHAOTIC! It's like they can never decide on which side they are on!" He focused on the glaring alicorn. "And I have the perfect idea how to welcome you home when we return to Ponyville," Discord announced, jumping between the two out of nowhere which gave them quite the fright.

"Don't do that! And what are you-" The purple bookworm couldn't finish her sentence because of the Vice-principal.

"I think it is time princess." Luna glared icily at Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, "You three as well, come along."

The youngest of the trio ran up to her older sibling, she couldn't take the silent treatment her big sister gave her any longer. "Rarity! Please! Look, I'm sorry! I-"

"Sweetie Belle," Rarity started with a more than frustrated and barely controlled voice, "We will go home after everything is said and done here and talk about... us, but right now I can't trust myself to remain civil around you. I very much consider the possibility of shouting at you in this very moment if you say more on this matter to be precise." She looked at her relative in a mix of many emotions. Not one was pleasant.

Twilight and a dejected Sweetie Belle caught up with Luna and the other two girls, who decided to remain quiet.

"Wow Rares, I wanted to say something like that in case Scoots tried something similar. Just, you know, in a much more awesome kind of way," Rainbow added her own wisdom.

The Rainbooms rolled their eyes at their friend.

"How exactly do you even plan to surprise Twilight?" Spike asked the Spirit of Chaos unconvincingly in a low voice. This guy never did something out of the good of his heart, when your name wasn't Fluttershy.

"Her entire castle will be filled by giant dancing quesadillas! Imagine her face!" Discord laughed.

"You are evil..." the dragon-turned-dog said half-serious.

"I know. Fluttershy taught me well, didn't she? Something about 'sometimes you have to show kindness with deeds instead of words'," he said proudly.

"Suuuure. I don't think she meant it like that," the number one assistant argued dryly. Fluttershy’s human counterpart nodded her head in agreement.

"Pah! What do you know?! I'm Fluttershy's best friend! Of course I know what she meant." The draconequus answered confidently like it was a fact.

"..."


"I hope I will finally have more peace and quiet when the truth is out," Celestia thought in annoyance. This entire fiasco nearly cost her much more than just sleep.

Everybody became quiet when she started to speak into the microphone, "Thank you all for coming to this assembly, because what I have to say will change many things at CHS. Without further words I would like to announce that the identity of Anon-a-Miss has been solved and confirmed by those behind the account confessing."

Most students gasped in shock, some whispered nervously with each other.

A girl with blue skin and silver hair jumped up from her seat in the front. "The GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie already knows that Sunset Shimmer is responsible! Who else could it be?!" the hobby stage magician wanted to know angrily. Many students agreed with her statement.

Principal Celestia could melt snow with her heated look, "I can assure you Ms. Lulamoon that Sunset Shimmer is completely innocent. Three other students were responsible for what happened, not her. And I can't express how disappointed I am in most of you. I have heard very unpleasant things about the source of a good part of the published secrets and we have evidence to confirm these claims." She noticed how a few students in the audience gulped heavily, what just confirmed for her what Scootaloo said about these lists she had on her cellphone. "I was shocked after I heard what Ms. Shimmer had to endure since Anon-a-Miss started to publish secrets and many of the ones present in this room jumped practically at the opportunity of blaming her without having any actual proof, some even harmed her physically and I will find out who it was. I can promise you that. You should all be ashamed of your behaviour."

"But the account!" Diamond Tiara shouted in outrage. Confusion reigned, first students started to look uncertain. Who else could be responsible?

"It was just a cheap ruse to frame Ms. Shimmer," she replied sharply and looked behind her to the backstage area, "Please step forward."

After what seemed like an eternity three young freshmen stepped out from behind the curtains, led by a neutral looking Vice-principal Luna and much to the surprise and joy of many, Twilight Sparkle. The Rainbooms, Discord and Spike positioned themselves in the back of the stage, observing everything silently, as promised to Principal Celestia. The woman wanted to solve this matter as peaceful as possible and decided that they should stay quiet for the duration of the assembly.

"Hey Twilight!"

"How are you doing?!"

"Why are you here? Is something wrong again?"

"Did you find out that Shimmer was the one responsible?!"

A few more shouts followed. A lot of irritated looks were aimed at the three girls who stood besides the princess and the principals.

"That's enough! I think it will be the best if I let Ms. Sparkle talk for herself," Celestia admonished firmly and handed over the microphone to the person of interest.

Twilight breathed in deeply and glanced over the crowd. Gone was her tension, cold fury and annoyance returned instead. Many of them were still convinced that Sunset was the one responsible, despite the fact that Principal Celestia already denied this accusation, and it took a lot to stop herself from screaming at them that they were wrong here and now.

"I didn't come here today to confirm any new magical threats." This statement earned her a few confused looks or raised eyebrows from everyone on the stage except Discord and the principals. Some more subtle than others.

The co-administrators had pleaded with Twilight briefly in private, asking if she could keep quiet and not spread the information about the existence of the wraiths, if possible, to prevent unnecessary panic from occurring since they were in hiding after their king's defeat. If she was honest, the pony turned human had thought shortly about telling everyone about the Windigos earlier, but accepted the women's request. A full explanation would have to include expounding on what they were and how they arrived here and if the students knew that Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were responsible, because they created so much strife, it most likely wouldn't end well for them.

The Princess of Friendship hoped that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna had a plan concerning the remaining Windigos in Canterlot City. "But neither did I come here to confirm that Sunset Shimmer is Anon-a-Miss either. In fact she isn't and we have proof of that-"

"And what exactly is that proof?!" Spitfire shouted honestly interested. The captain of the Wondercolt football team never believed that Sunset Shimmer did something this sloppy.

Sweetie Belle jumped forward before Twilight could respond, no longer able to withstand the cold looks she received from Rarity and tried to make amends with a first step, "It was us! We are Anon-a-Miss!"

Scootaloo groaned internally, but supported her friend's statement, "She's right! We created the account!"

The reaction was a laughing crowd.

"Th-that was a good one!" BonBon exclaimed in amusement.

"You three could never pull something like that off alone!" Silver Spoon agreed.

Apple Bloom felt the punishing glare of Applejack in the back of her neck and overcame her stubbornness, "Why can't y'all believe us?! We're really Anon-a-Miss! Honest!"

"Youn' missy! Ah hope for ya that this is some kind of bad joke!" Granny Smith threatened with narrowed eyes from the right side of the auditorium.

"Granny's here, too?! Horse turd!" the youngest Apple screamed panicky in her mind.

"As if! Why should you do something like that in the first place?" Fleetfoot demanded to know with a slight lisp in her voice.

"We wanted our sisters back," Sweetie Belle admitted fearfully.

The reactions were nothing they expected.

"Come on girls! Just say that Sunset Shimmer framed you!"

"Yes! The account says it all!"

"Only she would do something this sick and dis-"

"BE QUIET!"

Twilight Sparkle's voice echoed through the room, shocking everyone in the audience. It was not only the volume, though the fact that the girl had a microphone in her hand certainly played a role, that stopped further attempts of blaming the amber colored unicorn any longer, but the sheer amount of fury.

The Princess of Friendship was done being polite.

"Why? WHY? WHY?! Are you truly this deaf and blind when the truth is right in front of you?! We tell you time and time again that Sunset Shimmer is innocent and it's like you are trying your best to ignore the evidence to continue blaming her! I can't fathom why you hate her so much and REFUSE to acknowledge her deeds! It feels like I am talking with a wall! Is this how you ungrateful... fools-” Discord rolled his eyes at her inability to curse correctly, "-repay somebody who really wants to redeem herself?! She saved you from ending up as slaves of the Dazzlings for Celestia's Sake! This entire school, no, this world OWES her! And instead of thanking Sunset you showed her contempt, distrust and hatred!"

Luna tried to intervene, the emphasis was on 'tried', "Ms. Sparkle I understand your anger, but please remember about what we were talking about earlier. Surely there is a-"

The princess put her focus on the tall woman, "With all due respect Vice-principal Luna, but I don't give a flying pony feather for excuses in this moment and I'm really not in the mood for games." She switched her attention back and pierced the stunned crowd with her glare once more, "Answer me! I want to hear it from your own mouths! Tell me why you feel in such a negative way about Sunset! I want to know it, now!"

Most teenagers shifted uncomfortably in their seats, not wishing to be on the receiving end of the lavender girl's temper.

A certain stage magician awoke from her shocked state and returned Twilight's expression with a matching one of her own. "Oh give Trixie a break Sparkle! You defend the wrong person! This witch had it coming for what she did! Sunset Shimmer did nothing else in all these years she attended CHS than blackmail, bully, insult, threat and I'm sure steal as well! FOR YEARS! You want to know why we don't like her?! Because she did nothing else than making our lives a living hell! She DESERVED everything what happened to her!"

Some students found their courage restored after Trixie's backtalk. They jumped up to share their own words.

"She destroyed my dress when I wanted to compete for the Fall Formal!" Melody shouted emotionally.

"Sunset Shimmer sabotaged my campaign for starting elections for the first student council and the post of the student council president in the history of Canterlot High School!" Amethyst Star exclaimed angrily.

"She threatened me two years ago to release my now known secret! That was so uncool!" Sandalwood added, sincerely insulted.

The princess' fury subdued a little and she felt pity for them, "I understand that what she did was wrong, but I know-"

"You know NOTHING, Twilight Sparkle! The great and powerful Trixie had a chance of being discovered by a talent scout when she was younger! It was an event in Canterlot to sponsor the dreams of young teenagers and Shimmer ruined it for her, Trixie just knows it! When Trixie wanted to awe the audience with her amazing abilities she had to find out that her preparations were sabotaged! Trixie found this waste of space laughing in the background! She ruined Trixie's chance of becoming a star! Her chance of gaining fame and glory! Trixie couldn't care less what happens to Shimmer, she can rot in Hades for all Trixie cares!" The student's resentment was more than just great and powerful.

Twilight had to admit that that was a horrible thing to do, but she couldn't let hatred lead this discussion. Everypony deserved a second chance. "She is a breathing po-person like you and I Trixie! Sunset surely tried to apologize and-" but Trixie interrupted her.

"Yes, she apologized, but Trixie will never accept such a false act! We all know that Sunset Shimmer was, is and will always be trouble! And besides, just how naive and pathetic are you two? Do you and Shimmer truly think that a simple 'sorry' will undo everything she did?! That words could repair the damage she caused over the years?! Then think again!"

"I'm sure Principal Celestia and Vice-principal Luna did something about these problems," the princess replied confidently.

The principal in question looked a little embarrassed, "I must confess that Sunset Shimmer could never be made responsible for anything the other students blamed her for. It was always their word against her word and without any clear evidence there was nothing we could do. And I don't distribute harsh punishment without certain proof."

Trixie laughed falsely, "Isn't that a surprise? Sunset Shimmer could NEVER be punished for what she did! This is exactly one of the very reasons we can't stand her! Shimmer was never properly punished for everything she did to us in all these years! Do you know what the principals gave her as punishment after it was clear that all rumors about this bi-girl could only be true? Absolutely NOTHING! Ridiculous three months of detention which were degraded to one and a half as a reward for her 'social behaviour' and 'positive development' along with helping the masons clear the rubble. But guess what, even this didn't happen all that often! The builder said that she shouldn’t work where she would only stand in the way," the acid in her voice very noticeable.

"What do you want to tell me with this story?" Twilight asked in confusion. "If the ones in authority made such decisions, then it is their right."

"Trixie's problem is that there is no justice! Where is the punishment?! Sunset Shimmer should have landed in juvenile prison! She should have been expelled! Not this! It was like a little slap on the hand and suddenly your five followers there demanded that everyone should forgive her, too! Like they completely forgot that Shimmer was the very person who destroyed their friendship in the first place! Are you all dumb?!" A vein grew thicker on her neck, Trixie even slipped out of her persona. "I want her to be punished accordingly for everything she did! I won't accept it that she simply escapes without penalty for everything she put us through!"

Vice-principal Luna grew furious herself, "For your information Ms. Lulamoon! We are very capable of punishing students ourselves and the fact remains that Ms. Shimmer showed sincerely remorse for her actions. Is that worth nothing to you?"

"NO! We were suspended for a week just because my brothers and I searched for diamonds on the school ground! She has to be punished for creating Anon-a-Miss!" Rover answered vocally.

"Expel Sunset Shimmer! Expel Sunset Shimmer! Expel Sunset Shimmer!" a number of students chanted.

There were agreeing nods, but there was a good share of students who were unsure what to do. Spitfire and most of her teammates like Soarin, Surprise and Misty Fly still believed that the girl was innocent.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack wanted to storm to the front of the stage to shout at the crowd and Spike wanted to growl at them, but their feet and paws were literally glued to the ground. When they glared in irritation at Discord the Spirit of Chaos looked strangely calm, "Enjoy this rare treat humans. You will now see that Tia made Purple Smart the Princess of Friendship for a reason. But it will have to be seen if she is truly prepared enough to handle this situation."

The disguised pony breathed in and out to calm herself down before she said something she might regret. Worse, Princess Celestia would be very disappointed when she did something irrational. She stared emotionless at Trixie, "Is this how justice works for you?" The girl glanced over all humans in the auditorium, silencing them with her suddenly appearing aura of authority. It was nearly tangible in the air. "Is this how justice works for ALL of you? Capital punishment?! Penalties where the one responsible won't recover from, only so that you are happy? No hope for a second chance?" Disappointment and a little disgust made itself known in her voice. "I can't believe you! Yes, many things Sunset did in her time were morally wrong to certain degrees! But does a living being truly not deserve to walk the path of redemption in your eyes when you were wronged? Is Sunset completely unworthy of being forgiven for her sins, because you can't find it in you to forgive? Perhaps she should have been punished more severely in your opinion, but she already paid the price a dozen times over since the Fall Formal! And don't even think about talking yourselves out of it! I heard and saw enough evidence lasting a lifetime that proved to me how much you had your revenge on her," saying the word 'revenge' like it was poison.

Trixie didn't let the speech bother her too much, "How dare you judge Trix-" but this time the great and powerful stage magician felt how it was to be cut off.

"I'm not done yet! I have had enough of your interruptions, Trixie! I will say my part and you WILL listen! Do I make myself clear?" The blue-skinned girl could only respond with a terrified nod.

"Honesty! Loyalty! Kindness! Laughter! Generosity! These aren't virtues we should just turn off and on like a switch when it fits our emotional state. No, living in harmony is a approach to life! It's easy to condemn what we don't like and it's even easier to answer violence with violence. But life is not always easy!"

The audience felt itself more and more caught by Twilight's words.

"This circle of hatred shouldn't have a place in your lives!" The alicorn let her eyes roam from left to right. "Friendship is Magic. Yes, for most of you this statement may sound very naive, maybe even childish, but my homeland was built upon this very foundation. My people haven’t had to fight in a war since 860 years ago and crimes like murder are unheard of. It shows that a civilisation can survive if it fights for what is right without losing itself in bigotry."

The Rainbooms were speechless by the conviction the princess showed.

"The privilege of being granted a second chance in life is most crucial for all of us, even if you don't see it! Everybody is able to do something terrible in life, but if I learned anything during my studies of friendship then it is the fact that it's not our past that defines us! We have to learn from our mistakes, live in the present and work for the future so that we can be proud of ourselves one day!"

The students of the crowd, who were unsure since the beginning if Sunset Shimmer was truly responsible, started to feel bad for how they treated her.

"We granted two of our nation's greatest enemies a second chance, it took time to overcome what history taught us about them. But, piece by piece we were able to get past our own feelings and started to see them in a new light."

Discord smiled fondly at the memories he made with Fluttershy.

"I don't say that every crime should be forgiven, there are things we should never accept. Crimes where something like a fair judgement is truly difficult." Twilight remembered sadly how the Crystal Heart ripped King Sombra literally to pieces, most likely for what he did to the crystal ponies in the past. "And then there is Sunset Shimmer herself. I came the first time to this world after she stole an artifact which was of greatest importance for us. She brought it to this school in order to gain power. In the end she lost everything, because Sunset didn't know that there was another way to achieve her dreams. But despite everything she did I didn't drag her back kicking and screaming to put her on trial, nor did I let my personal feelings dominate my judgement. Sunset wasn't banished or imprisoned in the deepest and darkest dungeon. Instead she decided for herself to stay here to earn her redemption." Twilight gave her former friends a cold stare for a few moments. "I trusted a certain group that they would be able to help her with the task of understanding friendship, but they abandoned her, too."

The five girls looked to the ground in utter shame. Fluttershy and Pinkie shed silent tears.

"Nobody in this school stood up for Sunset in these last days. More the opposite, most of you believed that she was responsible and fell wholeheartedly for this cheap attempt of framing her. You were greedy and wanted to see her miserable, to see her punished. She never would have known what she did wrong if you had your way or anything to say in deciding her penalty. The second chance I spoke about, the possibility to learn from your mistakes, this was no option for you." The pony-turned-human pointed a finger at the flinching freshmen, "These three girls are Anon-a-Miss, nobody else. Especially not Sunset Shimmer! You could have found out the truth, by talking with Sunset herself about it! Then you would have seen that she was innocent from her response alone! No, you just went along with this scheme, even helping with it instead of thinking for yourselves! "

Trixie didn't want to surrender that easily, "A-and what do you want to do when we don't believe you?! You come here on stage and talk as if we have the duty to forgive her!"

The princess would have none of it, "You just don't listen to what I say! I never said that you should forgive her immediately, that’s your own choice. But I WON'T stand aside and let you badmouth my friend behind her back nor will I let you succeed with a such a vile lie! You wanted to know what happens in the case I still won't get through your thick skulls? That won't be my problem any longer, because I'm done with you! Your hypocrisy concerning the exposed secrets is disgusting and the people under you who never believed that Sunset is Anon-a-Miss are not much better. Watching silently from the sidelines even when you know that the treatment she was given was completely wrong? You are guilty as well, if to a lesser level. Being a silent observer doesn't make you innocent. None of you found the courage to stand up and say NO to the abuse Sunset suffered!"

The usually very cool-headed Wondercolt captain felt like someone hit her forcefully into the stomach. If the faces of her fellow students like Flash, Octavia, Lyra and the Rainbooms on stage were anything to go by, they felt the merciless judgement behind Twilight's words as well.

"I trust Principal Celestia and Vice-principal Luna with handling the rest of this meeting. But I hope you are happy now, because you won't see her ever again as long as you live. You took everything away from her in this city and made it very clear that she had no place here. Should something happen in the future I will only help, because it is the right thing to do, but I won't do it for you. That is all," the warning at the end said in a foreboding tone.

Twilight Sparkle turned around without uttering another word and left a speechless crowd behind, disappearing behind the stage to leave the school through the backdoor. Spike and Discord were closely behind her.

The quintet of friends followed them instantly. "D-darling! Please wait! How are we going to hear from you when Sunset has made a decision?" Rarity inquired desperately.

The Princess of Friendship looked pointedly at Discord, who rolled his eyes and snapped two fingers. A diary with a two-colored sun appeared in the air.

Fluttershy hugged it like her life depended on this book, she would recognize this symbol everywhere.

"This is one of two magical diaries, you should protect it well. I don't think that my artificially made portal will work any longer if your copy is destroyed. One is now in your possession, we have the twin in Equestria and what is written in one copy will appear in its counterpart. Your book will vibrate and glow when a new message is written in ours, in this way you will know when Sunset has made her decision."

Pinkie Pie approached the unusual trio and brought her mouth closely to her former friend's ear. "I hope we can prove ourselves worthy of being your friends again. And when that day comes, no matter how long it will take, I will throw you two the biggest 'We are sorry that we didn't stay at your side and disappointed you in such an unforgivable way Sunset and Twilight' party I ever made. That's a Pinkie Promise," the flat-haired pink party-planner whispered remorsefully after a very long time of silence. The lack of emotion spoke volumes about the state of their broken friendship.

The purple girl stopped shortly without turning around before she continued to leave Canterlot High for good. As if she never heard anything at all.

The tiniest smile graced Twilight's features when she stood in front of the statue, her eyes wet. A single word dominated her mind before she returned to Equestria, "Hopefully."

Author's Note:

Edited version uploaded: 08/23/17
Proofreader: Javarod

Greetings my avid readers! :twilightsmile:

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

And yes, sorry that chapters 4 and 5 are still not edited, but the one responsible simply doesn't has the time it seems. But I won't pressure him, I'm very glad when someone volunteers at all and does something like editing for me. :yay:

Originally I wanted to upload two chapters at the same time, but because we are low on personal in the moment where I work because of illnesses I need to catch the workload for my colleagues as well for the time-being. So I decided to upload this chapter for you alone so that you don't have to wait any more. I feel always bad when I'm not able to provide chapters in time. :twilightblush:

But I will succeed for the next double chapter:
Chapter 7: "Anon's Fall"
Chapter 8: "Home"

Thank you very much for reading and stay tuned! :moustache: