• Published 10th Jul 2017
  • 5,198 Views, 101 Comments

"My Favourite Pokémon?" - Silver Screen



One little game commercial sparked a friendly debate between the HuMane 7.

  • ...
10
 101
 5,198

"Let Me Think"

It was exam season at Canterlot High and everyone was studying to their fullest. Since some of the human world's Mane 7 needed a bit of help tackling their subjects, they all decided to study at Twilight's place.

"Dammit, dammit, DAMMIT!", screamed Rainbow Dash as all the frustration she had accumulated over the past few days unleashed itself. She was certain that if she had to go over one more molecule and the way how it is named, she would smash everything in Sci-Twi's living room. She did almost smash a vase with her chemistry book. "Screw it. I think I'll manage a D. At least."

"Don't be like that Rainbow. Take a look at Pinkie here," Sunset said while pointing to the friend she was currently helping. "She got how to draw a molecule from the form... Have you been drawing snowmen with the molecules?", she asked, completely dumbfounded, to which Pinkie replied with a clear "Yup!". Sunset couldn't be angry though. Pinkie actually managed to draw the molecules correctly.

"I think a little break wouldn't hurt", Twilight then said. "Is anyone hungry we still got a whole pizza from yesterday."

Everyone agreed to having a break, but Rarity had to refuse the offer for pizza. She has had too much of it this week. While Applejack, Sunset, Twilight and Fluttershy waited for their respective slices to heat up, Rainbow decided to check her phone if there was anything interesting on YouTube. The first video that caught her attention instantly made her cheer up.

"Oh. My. GOSH!", she was so excited that she fell backwards onto Twilight's couch, her legs flailing and making noises that almost sounded like she was gonna lose it.

"What's gotten ya so worked up, Dash?", Applejack asked curiously.

"Yeah. Last time I've seen you so excited was when they accepted you into that military summer camp last year", Pinkie said, content with her slice of pizza being cold still.

"Check this out, guys," Rainbow said before showing her friends the trailer for the latest Pokémon game. "I can't believe I missed the trailer announcement." Pinkie Pie then took Rainbow's phone and got just as excited.

"You're still playing the games?" Sunset asked.

"Obviously", Rainbow answered. "I don't know why you act surprised."

"I can see why, darling. The other athletes from our school aren't big video game fans, except for some of those gun games that is."

"Don't shoe horn me into the same box as those idiots. Hey, Fluttershy, why aren't you excited? You love the games just as much as I do."

"I've seen the trailer already. I just love those little creatures. They're so cute. Especially the newer games where you can actually play with them."

The other girls of the group also gave their opinions on the series.

Sunset played Emerald, the 4th Gen and 5th Gen games. She stopped after GameFreak started using 3D models. It just didn't feel like Pokémon to her anymore. Though she does go back to them from time to time.

Applejack prefers the Anime over the games, since she works on the farm all day and the show was always on during her breaks. She kinda lost interest after the Advanced series though.

Rarity has never had any interest in anything Pokémon.

Pinkie Pie was the biggest Pokémon fan out of the seven girls and often even goes to events. 'til this day, she has yet to miss one episode of the Anime and capturing every single creature in the game was holy to her. The fact that she missed an announcement, because of something so trivial as an exam made her feel deeply ashamed.

Sci-Twi enjoys the games, because she can practice her math. Which starter and team would statistically be the best, which strategies would work best with and against which Pokémon and she can even calculate the damage her opponent takes faster than the computer.

Rainbow Dash actually introduced Fluttershy to the series and she loves them just as much as Rainbow, though she enjoys her excitement more internally.

Now that Rainbow Dash knew that almost everyone in the room was a fan, there was one question that lingered in the air until she had the guts to ask it.

"So, ... what's your favourite Pokémon?"

Everyone in the room tried to think of an answer. Fluttershy was the first.

"I think I like Whimsicott the most. Or Wigglytuff."

"Whimsi-what? Is that one of them newer ones?", Applejack asked.

"Kinda. It's from Gen 5. Wait a second." Pinkie pulled her phone out of her pocket. "I've got an app with all 802."

"There's 802 of them critters now? Yeesh, Ah must've missed a lot." After seeing a picture of the cotton ball-like Pokémon, Applejack understood the appeal to Fluttershy.

"Pinkie Pie, could I have your phone for a minute?" Rarity asked. "I wanna pick one too." Though she didn't have any interest in the franchise, she also didn't want to be the odd one out of the group.

"Well, for me it's clear." Sci-Twi barged in. "My favourite Pokémon is Alakazam", she proudly announced.

"I figured an egg-head like you would chose a Psychic-type."

"And why shouldn't I?", Twilight retorted, feeling mildly insulted. "Alakazam is fast, has a powerful move pool and has the highest Special-Attack in the game."

"OBJECTION!" Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash immeditely jumped up from their seats, both of them pointing a finger at their purple friend. While Rainbow Dash had a cocky grin on her face, Pinkie Pie's expression was much more grim.

"Alakazam, with 135 hasn't had the highest Special-Attack since Gen 5 when Chandelure was announced. Now, a number of Pokémon have a higher Special-Attack base than Alakazam."

"I meant Mega-Alakazam", Twilight retorted. Pinkie dicided to give her that point. "Anyways, what's your favourite Rainbow Dash. Let me guess ... uhm, Rapidash?" Her rainbow-haired friend gave a light chuckle.

"Surprisingly close, but no. My favourite is Lucario. It's just so cool. It can sense aura, it's a fighting type, it's in Smash and it even got it's own movie. Lucario is basically Goku if he was a Pokémon." The others did see the similarities and Rainbow even imagined Kid Goku as a Riolu evolving into a Lucario. "But, Rapidash is a close second though."

"Hey, that's ma favourite. That one or Arkanine", Applejack announced.

"A Fire-type lover? I thought you'd be more of an, i don't know, Ground-type fan. Sturdy. Strong. And you live on a farm."

"As a matter of fact, I am. It's just a coincidence that both ma favourites are fire-types."

"You do know that there's a Ground-type horse now, right?" Pinkie asked before claiming her cell phone back from Rarity, who was not yet finished selecting a Pokémon.

"Hey."

"Here, Applejack. It's name is Mudsdale. It's actually pretty awesome. A powerful tank that just gets tankier every time it gets hit."

"Well, would'ya look at that", Applejack said after looking at one of the most recent additions to the universe. "I might have a new favourite now." After that, Applejack handed Rarity Pinkie's phone again.

"Wow Pinkie, you really know a lot about the games", Fluttershy complimented her. Sunset on the other hand could only think of what her grades would look like if she put this much effort into remembering her school stuff.

"Yeah, Pinks. How's about you tell us your favourite?"

A surprisingly intense energy filled the room. Pinkie Pie has demonstrated her knowledge of the subject for the last ten minutes. Surely her pick would be the one true best Pokémon in existence. Even Rarity was looking up for this one.

"Slurpuff."

The room went silent for a few seconds, but each of them felt like an eternity.

"What?"

"My favourite Pokémon is Slurpuff", Pinkie said while everyone else just stared at her confused as all hell. Twilight was the first to speak up.

"B- b- but Slurpuff is terrible. It's STATs are mediocre at best and a move pool that's more confused than Applejack at a fashion show", Twilight babbled.

"I know. But it looks like a cupcake. Or an ice cream cup. Or a piece of cake. I bet it tastes like one as well. Imagine going hunting for a walking cupcake." Her optimusm was met with deafening silence from her friends. "What? Did you expect something else?"

The group was dumbfounded. In retrospect, her choice did make sense, though.

"Ah don't know, Ah guess we thought you'd pick somethin' else."

"Yeah, like Absol, because of your Pinkie sense", Rainbow said.

"Or Totodile or Sandile, because you like alligators so much", Fluttershy continued.

"Something just ... better", Twilight completed. Even Pinkie didn't know how to respond to that. Silence once again hung in the air until Rarity, suddenly shouted.

"I got it." A bit embaressed at her sudden outburst, she sat down again. "I finally decided."

"Great Rares. What is it?"

"I'm not sure how to pronounce it. Gavara-. Guard-. Garede-.

"GARDEVOIR", her friends shouted in unison.

"Right, I love her dress. I hope that's okay." After witnessing what happened with Pinkie's pick, she wasn't sure how her friends would react.

"Sure, Gardevoir is awesome", Rainbow answered, taking the weight from Rarity's shoulder again. "I'm pretty sure that only leaves one. C'mon Sunset, spit it out."

"I wasn't much in a rush. My favourite is Moltres. Back when I was in Equestria, Princess Celestia had a pet phoenix. We got along pretty well and often pranked the guards."

"That's a sweet story and all, but that answer is invalid."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, Sunset", Pinkie bud in. When discussing favourites, Legendaries are off limits."

"Even Ah know that. They're just already in that special position, ya know?" Seeing that she was outnumbered on this one, she decided to roll with it and chose another one.

"Okay, second try. Uhm, uhm, uhm." It was more difficult than she thought. "Oh, I got it. Blaziken. Blaziken is my favourite Non-Legendary." The reaction from the others was probably the most mundane of them all, probably because Sunset had to chose again. Everyone basically rambled on how that one made sense and how the Pokémon fits Sunset.

"Well then. That was fun. Back to studying?" Twilight finally suggested, but Rainbow wasn't exactly done.

"Hold on a second. We all know our favourites now, but-"

"Whut are ya playin' at, Dash?"

"I'm just saying that we don't know who of us is the best player." Now, every single person present knew what she was up to.

"Rainbow, no." Fluttershy was surprisingly the one to speak it out first. "We've got exams coming up and we can't waist our time preparing for a tournament."

"Let it rest, Fluttershy", Sunset said, pinching the bridge of her nose. "This will definitely consume much of our study time, but not as much as Rainbow Dash when she doesn't get what she wants." Her friends seemed to agree for the most part. "What are the rules?"

"Each of us gets one week to prepare their perfect teams of six on paper. You can chose from every Pokémon that's not banned. No Mega-Evolution, though. I think me and Pinkie will need about two weeks to prepare them on our games. When we're done, we'll let fate decide who of us is gonna face who. Sounds like fun, right?"

Despite their need to prepare for their tests, Rainbow hyping this up actually kinda worked. Twilight was confident her strategies would be too much for the others. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy thought it sounded like fun. Rarity was willing to give the games a try and Applejack and Sunset wanted to teach Rainbow a lesson about disturbing their prep time.

"Fine. I accept your challenge. IF you manage to get an A in Chemistry."

"DEAL!", Rainbow screamed. She immediately went to get her chemistry book and stuck her nose into it. Yeah, this was about to be fun.

Author's Note:

Should anyone wanna know, my favourite Pokémons are the Treecko-line and my favourite type is Bug.

Comments ( 101 )

Sitrus/Unburden/Belly Drum Slurpuff actually has some niche uses. Mostly, though, it's just funny to imagine.

Azumarill and Poison Types for me. Mmm, good old Water Rabbit... thing.

I'm with Rarity... i love my Shiny Gardevoir

My favorite Pokémon has to be Umbreon. Or just all of the Eeveeloutions. I consistently use them in my play throughs by breeding them on SoulSilver, and transferring them to later generations.
Also, the Eevee you get from Bill in HGSS can beat Morty's Gengar as long as you keep using Sand Attack. It then runs out of PowerPoints and struggles itself to death. Similar thing with Cynthia's Milotic and a Vaporeon with Aqua Ring and Leftovers.
Also, will this story continue?

Mine is the Totodile line. What do people think of the next movie removing Brok and Misty as Ash's original traveling companions?

8288423
I didn't plan on continuing, but if this gets enough positive feedback, I might write the tournament.

I have a lot of favorites in Pokemon because I grew up on the games, so it's hard for me to choose.

I loved every one of the Humane 7's choices when they were shown every Pokemon currently in existence. They all work so well.

"Yeah. Last time I've seen you so excited was when they accepted you into that military summer camp last year", Pinkie said, content with her slice of pizza being cold still.

I also like the reference to "Wonderbolt Academy" here.

I would really love it if a sequel to this was made! Showing Rainbow's challenge to everyone after their exams and everything with it.

Sunset knows how to get Rainbow motivated for school, she doesn't like losing so give her something to strive for so she can win

My favorite Pokémon is Espeon. And... I don't have a favorite type. But I have a favorite Pokémon for each type and a top 10 list of my favorite Pokémon! :twilightsmile:

I am not against choosing a legendary Pokémon as favorite Pokémon nor chosing your favorite Pokémon because of it's appearence, so the way the rest of the Main 7 reacted to Sunset's favorite and Pinkie's favorite... Not cool, girls.:ajbemused:

Still, this story is good enough to deserve a upvote and a favorite! Good job. And I hope we get to see the tournament.

P.S.: I think Lucario is more similar to Ryu from Street Fighter than Goku. Then again, that is because of Infernape, whose based on Sun Wukong, aka the same mythologic character Goku was based on.

Please do a sequel where they have their tournament.

My favorite Pokemon is Tauros and fave type is Water.

Arrgggg!! Curse you cliffhanger!!

Favorit Pokémon bladtoise

Type wind.

You should really make a sequel! great story!

Absolute Favorite: Flareon. It is so fluffy.

Secondary favorites: The rest of the Eevee line. THEY ARE SO FLUFFY.

Being around at the birth of Pokémon I played all the main line games up to now, most of the spin-off games and the card games; though I stop fairly quickly for the last one.

My favourite Pokémon is Blastoise and my favourite type is water.

This was a nice slice of life fic around the Pokémon game, all characters' chosen Pokémon make sense, though I would have thought Rarity would pick Persian or Glameow, or Furfrou now that I think, but nonethess Gardevoir is also a good pick.

Found some mistakes.

It just dodn't feel like

doesn't or didn't

we'll let chanc decide

chance

I knew Rarity would choose Gardevoir :yay:
derpicdn.net/img/2014/8/30/711028/medium.png

As for Fluttershy, her choice was either something cute or one of the Pokemon helping Nurse Joy
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/78/e4/67/78e467e86b2ef9565ecbe89cba6a6146.png

8288526

8288423

8288448

8288481

8288500

8288526
You know what? I got featured. I'm gonna write that sequel. Better follow me.

First: Great Story! I really hope of a sequel to see how the battle goes. Or maybe (I know this will be pretty Farfetch'd^^) the Earth Magic is going crazy and they land in their games and either become Trainers with Real pokemon, OR they turn into their Pokemon. I would be happy, regardless if you decide to choose one of my ideas or not.

Secondly: Favorite non-legendary Pokemon would be also Treecko.

Surprisingly close, but no. My favourite is Lucario. It's just so cool. It can sense aura, it's a fighting type, it's in Smash and it even got it's own movie. Lucario is basically Goku if he was a Pokémon."

Heh, I wonder if she knows they were both voiced by the same VA at one point? That's about the closest we're ever going to get to Goku officially being in Smash Bros.

Also, my favorite has to be either Treecko or Sceptile, for reasons that I had a leopard gecko as a pet that lived as long as my first college years named Treecko, and my Sceptile I first got on Ruby is LITERALLY the oldest Pokémon I've owned that's still in tact.

Lucario and Eevee.

I always felt boss when I was the one with Latias...mainly because out of all the legendary arctypes in emerald the eon pokemon never showed up in Battle Frontier.

8288674
Any tips on how to care for a Gecko. I want one too. At some point.

For a while my favorite Pokemon was based on the anime but when I started playing the games starting with Emerald I based myself on those who I always used.
But in the end my favorite Pokémon is Mudkipz as he was my first ever pocket monster.
Second would be Mimikyu

Would have expected Staraptor from Rainbow Dash.

Oh, my personal favorite? Don't look at me funny...

Galvantula.

8288727
Well, for one, and I think this goes without saying but I'm going to anyways, hands need to be washed after every single time handling it as that reduces the risk of contracting salmonella and any other diseases.

Like most reptiles, they're cold blooded and need a constant heat source to live. A ultra violet heat lamp would help so that they stay warm and that it doesn't affect their sleep schedule. (Their eyes can't pick up ultra violet colors) You MAY want to keep it off most times in summer as it's already going to be hotter then. Depends on where you live I guess.

Lastly, like any other animal, they require a clean and sanitary living space. Make sure their water isn't too dirty after usage because dirt, sand, etc. WILL get in any open body of it, clean out any waste they make, and ensure that no other insects aside from safe ones you have for them get eaten. The most commonly recommended are crickets and mealworms.

One more tip. be EXTREMLY careful not to drop them when handling them as that increases the risk of them loosing their tail or running off.

For any other info that I more than likely can't recall off the top of my head, I'd go to a pet store employee or veterinarian.

Best of luck to you! :twilightsmile:

Rarity has good taste! Mine is also Gardevoir. Non legendary, that is. My favorite legendary are the three Dogs, Entei, Raikou and Suicune

Personally, I have my favorites from each Gen. excluding Sun and Moon since I don't have the games yet

Gen 1 is Beedrill
Gen 2 is Ledian
Gen 3 is Nincada
Gen 4 is Kricketune
Gen 5 is Galvantula
Gen 6 is Espurr

my favourite legendary is Lunala, and my favourite non legendary is Roselia

It's tough to decide on a favourite, but I'm going with Vaporeon. I've really loved all of the Alola 'Mons and Alola's probably my favourite region but good ol' Vaporeon pulls on my nostalgia strings.

8288727

What kind of gecko are you interested in? That's important. Something like a Leopard Gecko is going to need more terrestrial surroundings, while something like a Crestie is going to need more climbing space.

But in general:
No sand! Gecks can end up eating it accidentally and that can lead to sand compacting in their guts. Having your lizard on something like tile would be better, as well as easier to clean when it poops. By all means use different textures, though, as they ought to be stimulating.
The temperature of the enclosure should have a warm side and a cool side within the recommended species limit, so the gecko can self-regulate its temperature by moving between the temperatures - make sure you put in multiple hides so it can feel safe in both the 'warm' and 'cool' areas of the enclosure. Heating underneath the enclosure is usually the ideal way to achieve a temperature gradient.
There also ought to be a 'moist hide' which is kept damp and filled with something like moss - having one of these aids shedding. Stuck shed is bad, and can even lead to the gecko's toes being constricted and becoming necrotic/falling off.
Feeding should probably be crickets or dubia roaches, gut-loaded (fed with quality vegetable matter) and dusted with calcium. Other feeder insects are possible too, but those are good staples and a lot of the others can be too fatty for anything beyond a nice treat, like butterworms. Tong feeding or letting your gecko hunt down the insects are both viable options, but for the second you have to check regularly for when the gecko has stopped feeding and remove the extra insects. Crickets, especially, can injure a gecko by chewing on them - more ways to lose toes! I believe some geckos, like the Cresteds, can be fed using a formula and don't need live food. iving them something to chase/waving some tongs in their face can be a good way to stimulate feeding behaviours though.

There are a lot more things you need to be aware of too, like minimum enclosure requirements (best to go bigger than the minimum by as much as you can afford), humidity levels, if you get a female they might lay eggs even without being fertilised so you'll have to make sure their calcium levels are fine, don't cohabitate any geckos, except maybe mourning geckos. Most lizards are solitary animals, and can suddenly attack their tankmates even after years of being together - they just don't have the internal chemistry of the brain that allows for affectionate bonding. They can learn trust - as in 'this big weird thing feeds me and is warm to sit on, it's probably not a predator and I'm okay with it existing near me', but not friendship, if you know what I mean. Not like a dog or a cat. Mourning geckos are slightly different - they're one of those all-female species and are happy to live in small swarms, ha. Still not exactly brimming with oxytocin though.

Basically, whatever you do, do a bunch of research before you commit to anything because reptile care is a lot harder than a lot of people realise and they live for quite a while. Leopard geckos, for example, live to around 20 years old or more if they're kept in the right conditions!
I personally don't keep any geckos because I'm a little too squeamish over handling live insects, but I've got several friends with them and I've seen a lot of the effort that goes towards them.

Sorry for rambling about lizards on your story, ahaha.

Personally, I'm not a HUGE Pokemon fan.
But! Me and my brother have a running joke about Sylveon, so I'd have to go with her.

My favorites are Eevee and the Eeveeloutions.

Charmander and 🔥 types all the way. Favorite legendary: Articuno. Least favorite: the Piplup line.

My faves are a three way tie between Absol, Aggron, and Mudsdale.

I loved the Mudsdale I caught in Moon only ever fainted once and it was against a water type that had high sp att that hit me with a crit hydro-pump and was 10 lvls higher.

I know he would have survived had it not been a crit because he had tanked two non crits already.

My favourites are Emboar and Tsareena.

My favourite type is probably fire.

Bug is my favorite type too! Though Fairy came pretty close to overtaking it. I love what fairy did to shake things up, giving poison some legitimacy and helping counter the dragons, plus since gen II I wanted a light type to match dark. But bugs still win in my book. From tearing up at Ash releasing butterfree to soloing the elite four with shuckle and irritating friends with shedinja, bugs always make things interesting.
Favorite pokemon, though, has to be Sylveon. Love the eeveelutions! And sylveon not only is fairy type, but has that soothing design and color scheme. Love it!
Fave starter is Piplup/Empoleon, for what it's worth, and not sure about fave legend. Maybe Heatran?

ALL GRASS TYPES ARE PRECIOUS AND NEED TO BE PROTECTED

Favorite Legendary: Darkrai
Favorite non Legendary: Lucario

favorite legendary - Regigigas. mainly because the work you had to put in just to get to him made it so rewarding when you caught him.
favorite non-legendary - gen 1 magikarp. you could literally teach it ANYTHING. i had one that knew Solar Beam, Thunder, Fire Blast, and Fly. cause i thought it would be hilarious. though mine could've just been glitched idk. it was still funny regardless

I can't answer for certain really.
THere are many pokémon I love equally and will be a bitch of a time to pick between them.

If I had to make a small list, it would include:
Snorlax.
Swampert.
Nidoking.
Magneton.
Vaporeon.
Jolteon.
Gardevoir.

Definitely Smeargle and Snorlax.

My top ten favorite non-legendary Pokemon (by lines) are:

Chimchar (it's line is based on the Monkey King)
Treeko
Rowlett
Charmander
Popplio
Rockruff
Froakie
Vulpix
Eevee (so many evolutions to choose!)
Ralts

My all-time favorite legendary is Mewtwo.

I'm curious as to how this Pokemon battle would turn out. Shame the story's completed.

The zoura line is my favtorie! And I love requaza!

Ninetails all the way. And with the new Alolan one it makes the whole contest scene more beautiful with old and new paired up. :raritystarry:

...Golem...

My Golem was my star player in Sapphire even outshining Blaziken by the elite four. The earth heaved when I brought it out and with double edge and earthquake it basically soloed the Elite Four with the exception of Phoebe and her levitating ghost types which Blaziken easily obliterated.

My favorite Pokemon would hafta be: Meganium, Lanturn, Donphan, Granbull, Togepi, Gyarados and Mimikyu. I'mma gonna save up for PKMN Sun so I can catch that cinnamon roll and give it lotsa love. I also found out that you can migrate Gen 1 Pokemon to Sun and Moon via Poke Bank and Transporter.

Favorite pokemon:
Eevee.
And every eevee-lution
Favorite type:
grass

also shouldn’t this story be teen?? it seems like it should be >_>

Ok this was made to kick of whose your favorite Pokémon. While I have a long list number one, Eevee

Personally,my favorite has always been Aggron, (First Pokémon game was Sapphire.) with my favorite typing being Steel/Poison.

Login or register to comment