• Published 7th Jul 2017
  • 7,254 Views, 159 Comments

Assassinverse: Unicornia The New Order - efug25g



After Twilight was assassinated in her sleep, she awakes from her coffin 15 years later, only to find that the evil nobles and traditionalists have successfully conquered all of Equestria with the aid of the Unicornian Kingdom.

  • ...
16
 159
 7,254

Chapter 2: The Lunar Republic

During their 10-minute trek down in the sewers, Discord and Twilight came across a steel door with a sliding window that only opens from the other side.

"Wait here, Twilight," Discord told Twilight. Discord walked up to the steel door and knocked on it. After a few seconds, the sliding window opened up.

"Who's there?" A female voice from the other side of the door spoke.

"It's me, Discord. I brought in a new recruit. Trust me, you're not going to believe who it is," Discord responded while smirking. As the steel door opened up, a blue unicorn mare with a white mane appeared. The moment she sees Twilight appear next to Discord, her eyes widen with shock.

"What the?? No way!! P-Princess Twilight, is that really you?" The Unicorn mare said.

"Hello, Trixie Lulamoon. It's been awhile since I've seen you," Twilight responded.

"Wow, I don't believe it. The Great and Powerful Trixie is happy to see you alive and not in that coffin," Trixie responded in a happy tone. "Trixie just can't wait to tell others about this." Trixie lets Discord and Twilight into the doorway before sealing it back up.

"So Trixie, who's also down here with you?" Twilight asked.

"Starlight Glimmer, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Sunset Shimmer, Princess Luna, and Gladius Strife are down here with us too. I'm sure they'll all be surprised to see you too," Trixie responded in a happy tone. "We also have several other Lunar Republican resistance groups operating in Baltimare, Manehattan, the Everfree Forest, and in Ponyville. Ever since Princess Luna took command of the Lunar republic, we've been slowly starting to work our way throughout Equestria. First, we dispatch street urchin spies into the city streets, gather information and details, plan out and execute our missions, and then evacuate immediately before enemy reinforcements arrive. We'll get to all of that later."

When Trixie and Discord went to the briefing room, they see Princess Luna going over the paperwork at her desk, levitating a couple of files and documents with her magic. Behind Luna, there is the banner of the Lunar Republic hanging on the wall. On the left and right of Luna, there is maps and charts for towns and cities displayed on both walls. After a few minutes looking at her paperwork, she sees Discord enter the briefing room, staring at him with an angry look on her face.

"Discord, we received a report that the Unicornians at Canterlot are going on high alert and are looking for you," Luna said glaring at Discord. "What in the name of Queen Faust did you do?? I told you not to leave anything that will arouse any suspicion!!!"

"My apologizes, Moonbutt. Though, something actually came up," Discord responded to Princess Luna in a nervous grin. "What was it, again? Oh, yes. I know you probably won't believe this but I actually found a new recruit unlike any other."

"Who is it?" Luna asked, still glaring at Discord.

"Hello, Princess Luna. Did you miss me?" Twilight said to Luna who appeared behind Discord. The moment Luna saw Twilight appeared, she let a gasp.

"Twilight? But how can that be???" Luna gasped. "Did Tia, did she really...? She must've tried to revive you with her magic, didn't she?"

"Yeah well, I'll be thanking her right after we save her from Queen Majesty," Twilight said. "Discord already told me what was going on recently. I was hoping I could find a way to make it up for lost time."

"You do need some rest first. The sleeping quarters are stationed at the left hallway and during breakfast, the cafeteria will be across the sleeping quarters. Well, discuss on what needs to be done later," Luna suggested to Twilight before tears started coming out of her eyes. "Twilight, it's good to see you again."

"It's good to see you again too, Luna," Twilight acknowledged. As Twilight left the briefing room, she also ran into Starlight, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Sunset at the sleeping quarters. They all stared at Twilight under a state of shock. The moment Fluttershy saw Twilight, she was the first to hug her, while she cried.

"OH MY GOD!!! TWILIGHT, YOU'RE ALIVE!!!" Fluttershy wailed very loud, as tears started coming out of her eyes like a waterfall. The other three started hugging and crying after seeing Twilight appear before them alive and well.

"I'm missed you too girls," Twilight said to them. After they let go of Twilight, Sunset Shimmer spoke up first.

"Oh, Twilight. We thought we would never see you again. When I saw you inside that coffin, you had no idea how bad I felt. I'm so glad you're okay," Sunset cried in joy.

"Same here," Starlight Glimmer added.

"I know, it's been a really bad experience for me as a leader," Twilight said, doubting herself. "I should've think twice before making changes to every pony in Equestria."

"Well, that doesn't matter to us anymore, Twilight. You already did what you had to do," Starlight said. "In fact, we were all pretty impressed that you made it this far to inherit Celestia's position, much to our excitement and her approval."

Before any pony could say another word, Pinkie Pie started running towards Twilight, with her mane flowing down while sobbing on her shoulders.

"I'm so sorry Twilight!!!" Pinkie Pie wailed.

"Sorry about what??" Twilight asked Pinkie.

"When my sister, Marble Pie, went out on a date with that dirtbag Blueblood, I could not help but think that she would spill the beans on where the Orichalcum metal was at in our Pie Farm," Pinkie cried.

Starlight, Twilight, Fluttershy, and Sunset were all shocked after what Pinkie said about her sister.

"What??!! Unbelieveable!!!" Starlight gasped before asking Pinkie Pie. "Why didn't you stop Marble Pie from telling Prince Blueblood about it??"

"Marble was just drunk during that time and I wasn't even there when it happened," Pinkie sniffed.

"Now that I think about it, I bet that metal was the reason why I didn't wake up after Celestia revived me until 15 years later," Twilight explained to herself. After a few seconds of silence, Twilight continued her conversation with Pinkie. "Not that it matters, I'm still concerned for the safety of the rest of our friends and family. So, Pinkie, what happened to your family now?"

"Well, I may have escaped from those deranged meanies thanks to Discord, but the rest of my family is still put into slavery, along with Applejack and the rest of her family," Pinkie sobbed. "To make matters worse, when Unicornia took over Equestria, they forced my family to harvest and ship 10 crates of Orichalcum ore straight to Canterlot every single week, to provide materials to forge Orichalcum weaponry in their armory."

"Oh, Sweet Faust!!" Starlight exclaimed in horror. "This just can't get any worse!!!"

"Starlight, Sunset, how were you able to escape from Unicornia's grip?" Twilight asked the two unicorn mares.

After giving it some thought, Sunset became the first to answer Twilight's question. "Well, back in Canterlot high, I received a warning message from Princess Celestia that Unicornia attacked Canterlot. I was horrified when reading this because I was concerned for the safety of my former mentor. I did not wish to disdain her any further the way I used to disdain you when she let you into the Equestrian Royal Family. So, I decided to pack up for my return trip to Equestria to help Princess Celestia fend off the Unicornian invaders. However, it didn't end well for either of us. The moment they stormed through the palace at Canterlot, I was trying desperately to help the royal sisters evacuate but they refused. Instead, they made their last stand at the throne room in order to buy me some time to escape captivity. Princess Celestia issued one final order to Gladius to escort me down into the sewers. That's when I ran into Discord. He helped me and Gladius setup an underground base there. Luckily, one month later after my escape, I met up with several Changeling Republican Soldiers in the sewers and we planned a rescue attempt on the royal sisters. Discord's group was able to save Princess Luna, but for my group, again, it didn't end well. Instead, me and my group ran into a trap that was made by Lord Tirek and his men using Princess Celestia as bait. I was only one who escaped Tirek's grip but not before my entire group was captured and publicly executed 4 days later. Never-the-less, I still wanted to help the Lunar Republic any way I can."

After Sunset finished explaining her story during this recent dark time, Starlight Glimmer explains her story to Twilight next. "When I heard on the news that Canterlot was under attack by Unicornia, I went to help save Sunburst and Trixie Lulamoon from getting caught up in the crossfire. Unfortunately, Queen Cicada and her Changeling Insurgents laid a siege upon the Crystal Empire. As a result, Princess Cadence and Prince Shinning Armour were unable to help the royal sisters fend off the Unicornian invaders at Canterlot. I teleported to Crystal Empire only to find that the Changelings were able to breach through the Crystal Princess' shield barrier and razed the city to the ground. By the time I went to the town square to find Sunburst, it was too late." The next thing Twilight saw was Starlight Glimmer crying before she continued her story. "As they drained the crystal ponies of their love, they forced Sunburst to serve under Queen Cicada as her personal butler. I fought with her head on in order to save Sunburst from her grip. However, I started to slowly lose the fight because I could feel her powers draining away my love and my magic. Just when all hope seems lost, Trixie appeared out of nowhere and intervened. She unleashed a massive smoke bomb while she dragged me out of the Crystal Empire during the confusion. After Trixie treated me of my injuries, she and I decided to head down below the sewers so that we will not be followed by the enemy."

"Well, it seems that you both need help in dealing with those traitors," Twilight said responded to both of Sunset's and Starlight's stories. "For now, let's get some shut eye. We have a lot of work to do tomorrow."

After Twilight finished her conversation with Fluttershy, Pinkie, Starlight, and Sunset, they all went to their separate bunks and fell asleep.

"I hope we can help restore Equestria to its former glory someday, despite everything that happened recently," Twilight said to herself before she fell asleep.

Meanwhile, at the Canterlot Palace, after Unicornia took it over, the entire place became filled with black walls, and obisidian towers, all bearing the banners of Unicornia. In the palace hallways, they were Unicornian guard ponies bearing black armor and carrying swords and spears with their magic. As servants make their way through the halls, they were being held under strict surveillance by most of the guards there. Outside, there were slavers dressed in black cloaks and head bands. With their magic, they were whiplashing every earth pony that is slack off from doing their work on the crops. Most of young ponies happened to be innocent mares and colts who were beaten and threatened without mercy. They were covered up in whiplash marks and dried blood stains on all over their bodies. At the throne room, there was Queen Majesty Blueblood, an adult alicorn mare. She had a stainless white body and a silvery-blue mane and tail. She was wearing a golden crown filled with silver, black, and blue jewels. She was sitting at the throne which is now covered up with a black royal carpet with red linings on the edges. She was standing tall above all of her servants and her guards, who were stationed on both of her sides. On her left, there is stained glass windows portraying herself, in which inspires her beauty and admiration to all ponies around her. Despite her regal beauty, she flipped out when one of her servants presented her a dress.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???" Majesty roared at her servant as she lifts up the dress with her magic and threw it to the floor out of anger. "I ASKED YOU TO MAKE ME A DRESS FILLED WITH BLUE AND SILVER EMBROIDERIES, NOT JUST SOME LAME COMEDIAN TRASH!!!"

"I-I'm sorry your highness, I thought that this is the dress that you asked for," The unicorn servant stammered in fear.

Majesty started growling at the servant with sheer maliciousness in her eyes. "Well, you have 24 hours make me a dress that is perfectly filled with blue and silver embroideries. OR ELSE YOU'RE GOING TO FACE AN ADDITIONAL 10 MORE WHIPLASHES FOR YOUR INCOMPETENCE!!!!"

"Y-Yes, your highness," The frightened servant said as she galloped immediately out of the throne room, before the Queen's anger gets worse.

"Stupid fashionista. I cannot go to that council meeting in Manehattan looking like a clown," Majesty said to herself. After taking a breather, she turns to one of their commanders on her right.

"Commander Vermillion!" Majesty announced to one of her officers. "What's the situation in Manehatten?"

A black armored, red unicorn stallion with a grey mane, bearing an orange circular strip cutiemark, stepped forward and bowed down to the Queen before responding to her question. "There has been some riots occurring in the western sections of the city. We already suppressed the rioters residing there. When we arrested 15 of them, one of traitors was bearing the emblem of the Lunar Republic."

"I getting sick and tired of those wretched rebels disturbing the peace in Equestria," Majesty snarled as she was drinking a cup of tea that was being held by another of her servants. "Tell the Manehatten guard unit to expand their patrols. I want those Republican infidels found and eliminated for good."

"Yes, your highness," Commander Vermillion acknowledge with a military saluted before leaving the throne room.

"Where's General Morning Blade?" Majesty asked her subjects. "He was supposed to meet up with me this morning after his night patrol outside of the palace?"

Before any pony could say another word, another Unicornian guard stepped forward. "I'm afraid he won't be joining us for awhile. They said that Morning Blade sent out a search party to go after Discord and was ordered by your father to join in the search."

"Get my father over here, now!!" Majesty ordered her guards.

After being yelled at by Queen Majesty Blueblood, the frightened unicorn mare went back into her room, closed the door behind her, and started sobbing on her bed. The mare happens to be none other than Rarity, who was once a lovely white unicorn with a purple mane that is bearing a 3-diamond cutie mark. Despite her natural beauty and style, she degenerated into a tortured mare who had severed whiplashes all over her once beautiful fur and a dried blood stains all over her face.

"Twilight, Sweetie Belle. I'm so sorry. If only you were both there for me!!!" Rarity cried as her tears came down her eyes as she looked up at the bright blue sky.


"Rarity, you will be my royal dresser from now on," Majesty said to her. "I'll be sending you the details on the dresses that I want you to make for me. You do that, and your parents and little sister will not suffer while being held at their concentration camps. Do it not, and you'll be whipped 10 times in the dungeons."


After sobbing for one minute, Rarity went back to work, trying to make another dress to satisfy Majesty's personal demands.

Outside of the Palace, there was an earth pony mare named Applejack working at the farms. She was wearing a cowboy hat on her head, have freckles on her face, and is bearing the cutie mark of three apples. She was plowing through the corp fields while being whiplashed by on of the slavers behind her. Despite her best efforts, Applejack was being chained by the neck and by the hooves while plowing through the fields.

"Move it, you little bitch," The Slaver hissed while beating her with a whip. "We haven't got all day."

"Ugh. If only I was able break free from these restraints," Applejack growled quietly to herself.


"No, not ma family!!!" Applejack shrieked after seeing them get dragged in chains by the Unicornians. As she charged forward, knocking down every guard that got in her way, in order to save them, she was met by a rear kick to the face from a Unicornian commander and is sent flying backwards to the ground. Before Applejack had a chance to get back up and fight back, 3 more guards came in, pinned her to the ground, and restrained her.

"Silence, you little earth whore. You should be grateful we didn't harmed them yet. Since you'll be working in the crop fields at Canterlot, you'll do as what we tell you and they will not be hurt," The commander sneered at Applejack, followed by an evil cackle.


"Big Mac, Applebloom, Granny Smith, please be safe y'all," Applejack muttered to herself before resuming her work, followed by a few more whiplashes from her slaver while a small tear came out of her eye.

In the dungeons underneath Canterlot, Rainbow Dash and Spike are both being held in separate jail cells. Spike, who is now a teenage dragon, is sitting on top of his bunk looking down at the ground with tears coming out of his eyes, while they're both closed. "If only my mother wasn't murdered, I'm sure none of this would've happened. I wish those heartless, homicidal assholes drop dead." Spike cried to himself before curling up into a ball on top of his bunk bed.

As for Rainbow Dash, she was lying on her back on top of the floor in her jail cell. Her entire cerulean body was covered in bruises and burned marks, her wings her broken with barely any feathers showing, and her entire mane was burnt to a crisp. "Well, I wish I hadn't got drunk and said all those horrible things to Twilight when she was warning me about the consequences for my behavior when joining the Wonderbolts. Oh Twilight, I'm so sorry. I should've listened to you." She cried with tears coming out of her eyes.


"There she is, Spike. Let's get her!!!" Rainbow Dash snarled as she flew straight to Majesty's face, attempting to delivered a kick to the skull. However, Majesty dodged Rainbow's attack, used her magic to restrain her, and broke her wings, in which made the pegasus yelp in pain.

"Is that the best you've got, Rainbow Dash? I was expecting more from the Element bearer of Loyalty!!" Majesty smirked while taunting Rainbow Dash. "So pathetic!!"

"Not quite, asshole!!!" Spike shouted as he charged forward unleashing dragon fire at Majesty.

Unfortunately, after Majesty broke Rainbow Dash's wings, she used her magic to levitate Rainbow in front Spike's attack, using the pegasus as a meat shield. After Spike stopped spewing out fire, he realized that Rainbow was writhing on the ground, screaming in pain as her mane got caught on fire. Upon seeing this, Spike's eyes widen with horror due after doing something that he didn't mean to do.

"OH MY GOD!!! RAINBOW DASH, NO!!!!" Spike screamed. Before he could see what was going on, one of Majesty's guards came from behind and whacked Spike with a war hammer, knocking him out cold.

"Thanks for dropping in lieutenant," Majesty said as she displayed an evil grin on her face. "Now, if you don't mind, I want you to take these two miscreants down to the prison in Manehattan and lock them up for their mutiny."

"Yes, my Queen," The Unicornian lieutenant acknowledged her orders as he dragged Spike and Dash away with his magic.


"If only Twilight and others are still with us during our fight with that wretched alicorn, things would've been different," Rainbow Dash said to Spike.

"I know, Dash," Spike told the burned out pegasus. "Since it's too late, however, I don't think we'll ever be able see our friends or our family again."

Spike started crying in silent as he looked up to the window from the cell that he is in.

Next morning, down in the sewers where the Lunar Republic HQ is at, Twilight woke up with a yawn before getting out of her bunk to go eat breakfast at the cafeteria. After breakfast, she meet with the rest of her friends before they went to eat breakfast in the cafeteria. Twilight went back to the briefing room where Luna, Discord, and Gladius are waiting for her arrival.

"Princess Twilight, you're a sight for sore eyes," Gladius said as he bowed down to Twilight. "It's so good to see you again. When Luna told me about what happened to my brother, I could not forgive myself for not being able to stop him from coming after you."

"It's okay, Gladius. I understand," Twilight responded to Gladius. "Though, there is a lot that needs to be done first."

"I know, Twilight," Luna said. "Right now, I want you to listen up because our mission to save Equestria from Unicornia hangs in the balance. We have to do this for our people and for our future. In the Lunar Republic, we have various groups working everywhere in Equestria. Spitfire and her men are operating in the Hollow Shades, Agent Sweetie Drops and her group are operating down in Manehattan's underbelly, and Daring Do's group is operating in Ponyville. All of their HQ's are hiding underneath Unicornia's surveillance, while dispatching their forces everywhere. They've all been carrying out missions in rescuing, infiltrating, sabotaging, assaulting, and assassination every single day and night. Discord and I have been talking about what we went over when he brought you to us. I do want to express my apologizes for not being able to warn you about what Gallant Heart was really up to."

"What do you mean, Luna?" Twilight asked. Upon hearing this, Twilight got curious to see what kind of royal guard is Gallant Heart really is.

"Gallant Heart was actually working for me as an undercover agent. I sent him to infiltrate the Blueblood family earlier before everything went down hill," Luna said. "I should've spoke up during the trial when I had the chance before he was executed by my sister unwillingly. Since it's too late for that, I have to move forward by keeping a closer eye to my other undercover agents. What do you want to do first, Twilight?"

"First, I want to save the rest of my friends, save our families or whatever is left of them, and then find a way to overthrow Majesty Blueblood and her father Amadeus Blueblood," Twilight answered Luna's question.

"I understand, but first, in order to make it up to you, I'll teach you the same way I taught Gallant Heart," Luna spoke up in a intense voice. "Not as an undercover agent, but as a Lunar Republican commando or should I say LR commando for short."

"Lunar Republican commando? Never heard of it," Twilight said in a shocked tone. After realizing what Luna said, Twilight figured that it is best to follow Luna's advice than rather just Celestia's advice alone because it may be her only chance to bring all of her killers to justice.

"Tia may have taught you on how to use your magical abilities with proper care and control," Luna explained revolving around Twilight's past educational experience while under Princess Celestia's tutelage. "But unlike from her teachings, a Lunar Republican commando is known not only for his or her magic, but also for their superior fighting skills, agility, survival, and covert warfare. During my reign, as an alicorn princess, I created the Lunar Republican commandoes to serve under me as a Equestrian Secret Service Agency for over more than a thousand years. We're known to work in the darkness to serve the light. During our days of recruitment, about 2,000 ponies from the military and the noble families, that were still loyal to me and my sister, have been selected to undergo this kind of training but only 25 of them succeed. That is where you come in, Twilight. Ever since Unicornia has taken over Equestria, the LR commandoes have been scattered all over country and I had lost contact with all of them. So, I'll have no choice but to recruit more LR commandoes in order to help turn back the tide. Furthermore, you will not be proceeding through this training alone, I've also planned to train Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, and Trixie Lulamoon with you during this rigorous course."

"What? Is that true, guys?!" Twilight asked as she turned around to face the three unicorn mares that just entered the briefing room all at once, with her eyes widened with shock.

"Sorry about that Twilight, we should've told you about this," Starlight said to Twilight. "But we have to keep this a secret between all of us unicorns or else our entire campaign will be put into jeopardy. I hope that after Luna taught me on how to be a LR commando, I might be able to successfully save Sunburst from Cicada."

"If I were to rescue Princess Celestia from her captivity again, I have to take it to a whole new level first," Sunset Shimmer added. "And being an LR commando maybe my only chance to prove my worth for all of Equestria."

"The Great and Powerful Trixie will do anything to help you save Equestria, even if she were to take very high risks," Trixie said in a very encouraging voice towards Twilight Sparkle.

"So, Twilight, will you accept this position?" Luna asked.

"Luna, now that you mentioned it, I can't help but notice, until the last minute, I've been running away from my problems on the very day that Princess Celestia brought me in as her star student. After everything she taught me, I thought I can make a living here in Equestria, along with the ponies that I cared about. However, when I learned from the Bluebloods and their associates the hard way, I didn't want to think that every single decision that I make is a big deal to them. I didn't want any violence to occur and I didn't want to let ponies think that I'm a threat. However, since they pushed me to far like that with extreme prejudice, I will have no choice but to make an exception. I'm afraid that my time with politics is now over. The time for retribution is about to begin. Therefore, I ACCEPT YOUR OFFER!!!!" Twilight replied to Princess Luna in a royal Canterlot voice.

"Very well then, we shall begin our training at once," Luna announced to Twilight and the rest of the unicorn mares.