• Published 7th Apr 2018
  • 4,697 Views, 303 Comments

Sly Cooper: Family of Thieves - Blackdrag-rose



Gilda and Derpy grow up with Sly, Bentley, and Murray as their brothers, where they work towards restoring the Cooper Legacy to its former glory by bringing the Fiendish Five to justice... and run from the law at the same time.

  • ...
26
 303
 4,697

PreviousChapters Next
Time: Back to the Future

As the gang headed back to the future, so they could finish their battle with Le Paradox, Bentley managed to finally fish up a lot of dirt on their foe, though what interested them all immediately was the fact that the skunk that was trying to take over the future also came from a family of thieves, one that been the rivals of Sly's family. After reading through the Thievius Raccoonus, for their training over the years, they found that Sly's father had been able to go on a few heists before he was brought down, and it was the theft of the World's Largest Diamond that they were most interested in, as it turned out that both Sly's father and Le Paradox's father had been planning the same heist at the same time, only Le Paradox's father had been planning on framing Sly's father for the deed. Fortunately Le Paradox's father was too slow, as Sly's father got the diamond before his rival could, which ended in Le Paradox's father getting himself caught and thrown in jail, which prevented their current foe from getting the criminal education that he would have given him, but even then he tried to do some heists and ended up in jail himself. Interestingly enough that was where Le Paradox got his education in the criminal world and he maintained his connections with those he met in prison, forming the shadowy syndicate that they had been fighting the entire time, and since he blamed the Coopers for his problems it made sense that he'd try and tackle their ancestors... but, at the same time, the gang knew that they needed to bring together all their skills so they could break through the blimp's defenses, rescue Carmelita and Penelope, and then defeat both Le Paradox and Neyla.

When they arrived in the future, outside the museum that they had taken the dagger from, they found a shocking sight, because where the gang expected to find Le Paradox's face everywhere, plastered on everything and anything that he could have put his face on, rather they found statues of Neyla, in her normal state and accompanied with a number of flags that bared the emblem of the Klaww Gang, set up along the streets and roads of Paris.

"What in the world is going on?" Sly asked, because based on what they knew, and had recently discovered when they researched Le Paradox's background, they had been expecting to find that the skunk had done something, but instead it turned out that Neyla had done something instead, which worried him even more.

"It looks like Neyla's taken control of the future." Bentley replied, though at the same time he directed Murray to take them back to their safe house, where they had been planning the museum heist earlier, before he opened his terminal and started crunching some numbers, "This might be a shot in the dark, but since Neyla is known to betray those she works with, where her prime examples are us, Carmelita, and all of Interpol, I think she might have lashed out at Le Paradox and taken the papers for herself. How she was able to modify them so quickly, so she could do all of this, I have no idea, but something tells me that we'll have to ask Secretary Sen what happened before we move forward."

Gilda and Derpy glanced at each other, as this screamed that something was wrong with their time period, and Murray carefully moved them to the area that their safe house was located in, as there were rat guards patrolling the area, though whether they worked for Le Paradox or if they followed Neyla's orders the gang had no idea. When Murray came to a stop, and made sure that the van was hidden in the parking area that was next to the building, the gang headed into the safe house and closed the door behind them, where Bentley rushed to set things up so they could talk with Secretary Sen and figure out what in the world was going on. While he did that the rest of the gang made sure that the safe house was secure, especially since Diz was making sure the magical wards that were in place were still there, and after a few minutes they were certain that Neyla and her allies hadn't figured out where their safe house was located, meaning that they could speak in private without having to worry about their foe finding out what they were doing. Not a few seconds later Bentley, learning that they were ready to go, pulled out the communicator that connected to Secretary Sen's place and hooked it up once more, to which everyone took a step back and let him activate the device, which caused the green light to spring out of the device as the image of Secretary Sen appeared before them.

They were pleased to find that nothing seemed to have changed in the area that Secretary Sen was in, from what little they could see anyway, but at the same time they had to be serious, as this next battle would decide the fate of the future, especially since they had no idea what Neyla was up to this time around.

"Bentley, it is good to hear from you and the rest of the gang again," Secretary Sen said, though at the same time he noticed that two people seemed to be missing from the group, showing how observant he was at times like this, along with showing that he was entirely alone at the moment, "I can see that Carmelita and Miss Penelope are missing, though it makes sense considering that they are the unwilling prisoners aboard Le Paradox's blimp... or I guess I should say Neyla's command center, since she's taken over all of his operations so far."

"So, Neyla played Le Paradox as well... that's actually not much of a surprise, considering her past." Sly commented, to which the gang nodded their heads, as they understood that Neyla must have been planning this since the moment she was sprung from prison and noticed that Arpeggio had been sprung as well, before he stared at the image, "Secretary Sen, can you tell us where on the blimp she's holding Carmelita and Penelope? Once we ensure their safety, and add their skills to our own, we can assault the rest of the blimp, mess with Le Paradox's time machine, and maybe bring an end to this madness before it gets even worse."

"Sadly, I have no idea where they might be located." Secretary Sen stated, though he knew that the gang wasn't in the mood for news like this, not when the foe that they had been fighting against had been replaced by someone from their past, but at the same time they were the only ones that could overcome what was happening, "But, if my prior experiences have taught me anything, I would suggest striking at the back at the blimp, but I would also suggest that you be careful at the same time, as she might have a trap waiting for you guys. At the same time, and this is something that not many would suggest, I would suggest that you go back and get the ancestors that you helped, as they might be able to assist you in some manner when you're inside the blimp."

"That... is a good idea." Bentley said, as he had been entertaining the idea of them getting more reinforcements for the assault on Neyla's location, but at the same time calling the Cooper Ancestors to the future would allow them to assist them and get their canes back, maybe even to the point where they corrected the various problems that Le Paradox created by sending his lieutenants back into the past, "It will take a few minutes for Murray and I to travel to the various time periods and explain ourselves to the ancestors that we helped out, though I knew a few of them would be happy to assist us, since we helped get their lives back in order after Le Paradox's men showed up. Secretary Sen, can you tell us what happened the moment that blimp returned to this time period?"

"I was working with the remaining Inspectors and Directors, to gather the manpower to take down Le Paradox the moment he returned and to seize everything that he owned," Secretary Sen replied, though his tone immediately told the gang that no one liked what happened next, especially since it appeared that Neyla had outsmarted them in some manner, before he continued speaking, "When the blimp arrived, however, what we discovered was Neyla walking down the ramp, acting like she owned the world, and before we could do anything she showed us some documents that we took to the experts, who seemed to think that they were either the real deal or that they were incredible forgeries. A few of them must have been in Le Paradox's payroll, because they swiftly declared that the documents were real, despite their surprise that it was Neyla getting to 'inherit' the world, and soon we found that we couldn't touch her at all, so she got away with everything she's done and has total control over the world. We're not entirely sure what happened, but it seems like she did something to both Le Paradox and Miss Decibel, though despite her new position as Queen of the World she prefers to rule from Le Paradox's blimp, meaning that there's something special about it, something that we just don't understand at the moment."

"The Cooper Canes." Derpy spoke up, causing the gang and Secretary Sen to turn towards her, but even as they did that Bentley seemed to understand what was going on with her statement, "Maybe Le Paradox, since he was the first one to create the plan that was taken over by Neyla, needed something from the past to complete his changes to the future, and since he was messing with the members of the Cooper Clan, and their history, it makes sense that he would take their canes to tie down whatever changes he wanted to make. Here's a shot in the dark, but what if we invade the blimp, save both Carmelita and Penelope, and then tear the canes from whatever machine their attached to? We might have a chance to reverse what Le Paradox and Neyla have gone to the past and the future, though if we attack the blimp we need to be ready for anything and everything that we might find aboard it... especially since we can't use magic there, for fear of damaging the time machine, since we don't now how big Le Paradox's version of it actually is, and causing permanent damage to the various time periods that are involved with this mess."

"And we shouldn't forget about Neyla," Gilda added, to which she flexed her fingers for a moment, as she could imagine what was going to happen when they found the villain that was taking over Le Paradox's plan to take control of the future, "We'll have to draw her out of the blimp, so we can use our powers against her, but at the same time we'll need to be cautious, because she knows techniques that belong to the Cooper Clan and might have made sure that her body is reinforced against our unique abilities."

I'll take care of Neyla. a voice said, to which the gang turned their heads towards Clockwerk, who was currently staring at the blimp as if he was studying the fortress of their enemy and thinking about what he was going to do the moment he was aboard the blimp, She thinks her new body is indestructible, that it's the most dangerous thing in the world, but if her body was constructed by Arpeggio, like I think it was, that means that she's likely weak to magic, while electricity might be taken care of, but there's one thing that I have that she doesn't have, and that's the regeneration feature that I have installed in my body. Since she likely thinks that she's the newest danger to the Cooper Clan, my replacement if you will, it seems only natural for me to take the fight to her and tear her down.

"Then we'll have you and Sly enter through the back end of the blimp," Bentley stated, as he brought up an image of the blimp, a live one that was at the museum, and discovered that there was a place where someone could slip into the large floating fortress, "While you two rescue Carmelita and Penelope, and put down a beacon that I happened to create in the event that something like this happens, we'll bring the van into the blimp and take out the time machine, before it can be used against the timeline again. From there... well, we'll have to see what happens before we make plans for the end battle with Neyla."

With the basic plan set in stone, despite how terrible it sounded, Sly and Clockwerk stood near the van as Bentley and the others climbed into the vehicle as Murray powered it up, before they burst backwards in time, to the period of Rioichi, allowing the duo to make their way to the museum. When they arrived at their destination they found that the rope that Sly would have to climb was unguarded, screaming that it was a trap, but at the same time it was the only way for them to get into blimp, so Sly went up first and Clockwerk used his miniature body to slip in undetected. Clockwerk moved his head a little, knowing that this had to be a problem, and Sly noticed his wife and Penelope that were wrapped up in the chairs that were nearby, to which he moved forward and purposely triggered whatever trap Neyla had in store for them. A few seconds later, as he approached the chairs, a light turned on and Neyla, in her transformed state, appeared nearby and smacked him in the back, knocking the cane from his grasp, something that she grabbed and crackled as she jumped away from where Sly was standing.

"Neyla! Give me my cane, release my wife and our friend, and surrender the forged papers to me!" Sly stated, though at the same time he tugged at the ropes around Carmelita and Penelope and freed them, to which they stood behind him as he faced their enemy.

"Sorry Cooper, but I need this to stabilize the changes to this time period." Neyla replied, though at the same time she started to laugh as the doors opened and she started to walk away from where Sly was standing, but she stopped for a moment and turned back towards Sly with a wicked smile, "You know, at this moment Clockwerk would have said something about empathy being the downfall of your clan, and he'd be right. Too bad he didn't get a chance to see the end of the Cooper Clan, because once I stabilize my rule over this world I'm going to eradicate you, your pathetic wife, and then end your children as well... and once they're dead I'll keep moving forward until everyone that joined the Cooper Clan is dead! And then I'll erase everything related to the Cooper Clan, so your legacy is forgotten and you fade into oblivion, so just sit tight and I'll be back to deal with you."

Clockwerk growled as Neyla retreated from the room that Sly, Carmelita, and Penelope were in, as he expanded into his true terrifying form and tapped his talons against the floor, as he already had enough reason to want Neyla's downfall, but now, upon hearing that she wanted to exterminate and erase the Cooper Legacy, something that he was proud to be a part of, he was going to tear her apart... and this time around he was going to do everything in his power to save this future and those he considered his friends.

PreviousChapters Next