• Published 7th Apr 2018
  • 4,697 Views, 303 Comments

Sly Cooper: Family of Thieves - Blackdrag-rose



Gilda and Derpy grow up with Sly, Bentley, and Murray as their brothers, where they work towards restoring the Cooper Legacy to its former glory by bringing the Fiendish Five to justice... and run from the law at the same time.

  • ...
26
 303
 4,697

PreviousChapters Next
Honor: Blood Bath Bay

Two weeks had gone by since the defeat of General Tsao, which was forever going to be one of the strangest missions they had ever been on since Diz had switched their target's gender as a punishment because of how he treated women, and she was still stuck in her current form. Bentley noticed that Clockwerk was keeping track of what happened to the former General, since she had nothing left to her name because they stole all her treasure and her guards sold off a lot of the other stuff to pay their wages while they looked for new employment, and so far it appeared that she was moving to the states, to set up a new identity and start all over. The gang guessed that the ancient owl was simply interested in what happened to the other foes that the gang had gone up against, which made sense considering what happened to him, and he even showed them what the others were doing, though for the most part he let them focus on finding out if they needed any other team members before they headed out for Kaine Island. When he mentioned that Bentley informed them that there might be one other spot they needed to fill before they were ready to get underway, an underwater type of position that would be a great benefit since they had no idea what Dr. M had lurking beneath the water.

The gang got the message late the following Saturday night, as Dimitri was calling in the favor both Sly and Carmelita promised him back in Holland, which was when Penelope learned how they knew who they would be going up against despite her best efforts to keep the roster a secret, but she wasn't annoyed since that chapter of her life was over. Dimitri had gone ahead and booked the whole team, when he knew the exact number of members they had now, passage under assumed identities to none other than Blood Bath Bay. According to Carmelita, and what the gang knew as a whole, it was easily the most lawless town on Earth, because it was home to a large group of cultural hermits who doggedly maintained the ways of their pirate forefathers. Since Dimitri was calling in the favor they had promised, and informed Secretary Sen of where they were going despite not being able to have any assistance there at all, the gang gathered their 'disguises' for their identities and boarded the boat that they would be using to get to their destination, along with somehow finding room for the team van... though since that involved Diz and his chaos magic none of them really seemed all that interested in figuring out what he had done.

The cruise over gave everyone some time to relax as they got the rundown from Dimitri, who told the gang that his grandfather, Reme Lousteau, was a pioneer in deep sea diving and that he had made a fortune looting undersea wrecks for a number of years. Unfortunately, as it turned out, his grandfather's luck ran short when a young cutthroat by the name of Black Spot Pete stole not only his loot but his precious diving gear as well, leaving Reme a broken man that eventually retired from treasure hunting and started a family. Dimitri, having grown up on all of his grandfather's stories, told them that he dreamed of one day recovering the gear that had been stolen from his family, along with any loot that might have been buried with it, since pirates were known to bury treasure. The task was simple, all they had to do was get their hands on the diving equipment that Reme Lousteau used before his luck went out and give it back to Dimitri, who, if he wasn't lying to them, planned on joining the team as their frogman, which just so happened to be the last thing that they needed for the Cooper Vault heist.

Upon arriving near Blood Bath Bay, since the captain wouldn't go all the way to it, Murray got everyone into the van and they drove as close as they could get, though this time around things were going to be a bit different, since the pirates were more keen than their other enemies they'd notice anyone in the air, limiting Gilda, Derpy, and Diz to the ground, but that didn't bother them since it was because of them that they found a safe house for them to use. Finding a place to set up all their stuff, and outfit it accordingly, allowed Sly and Carmelita to head out and see if they could do something productive while the others prepared for the future missions, since they already knew that this wouldn't be that simple with all the pirates around them. As they headed through the town Bentley gave them a little information on Black Spot Pete, as it appeared that he had retired at some point and was living somewhere in the town, along with him giving them the supposed location that he was living in. Together it took them a few minutes to reach an area near the building in question, though when they stopped they found an old pirate that was standing outside either his house or the local bar, as the sign made it hard to tell what sort of building they were standing near... despite the skull fortress that was across the nearby bridge, which screamed that the most dangerous pirate in the area lived in that building.

"There he is." Carmelita commented, looking down at the picture that Bentley was able to get from Secretary Sen before they arrived in the area, because even though Interpol didn't have any business out here, as the other four Secretaries were inclined to let old fashioned pirates disappear on their own, that didn't mean that they didn't keep tabs on the leaders, in case something happened to change their minds, "Black Spot Pete."

"I didn't think pirates could get that old." Sly added, though he took a moment to stare at their target through his binocucom, just to make sure that they had the right target by allowing Bentley to confirm that he was who they were looking for, "Thought scurvy would get them or something."

"Don't lower your guard for an instant." Bentley spoke up, as he knew some things, once more provided by their friend in Interpol and the general knowledge he had gained from his searches, "All pirates are killers, plain as that, and they don't trust outsiders at all. How's your pirate accent?"

"Arggh, I forgot me number 2 pencil for the scantron test." Sly replied, doing his best at replicating a pirate's accent, though at the same time Carmelita chuckled for a moment, as she found it to be a little funny, before going back to staring at their target.

"Joke all you want, but that guy won't help us out until you earn his trust." Bentley stated, to which he cut off the connection so the two of them could get underway, even though he'd be listening with the others so he could figure out what else they needed to do before they found what they were looking for.

Sly and Carmelita jumped over to the roof of the building that their target was standing on the balcony of, while avoiding the patrolling pirate dog nearby, before they dropped down and landed near Black Spot Pete, who glanced at them as they came to a stop.

"Black Spot Pete," Sly said, drawing attention to them, because while he knew that Bentley wanted him to try the pirate accent out he was going to try the direct approach first, as he figured that there was no way this guy would remember them if they came back a few minutes later with a different appearance, "We've come to talk of treasure, a subject I hear you're familiar with."

"Treasure!" Black Spot Pete replied, a sense of joy appearing in his voice for a moment, showing them that he was a true pirate that enjoyed that sort of thing, before he glanced at them and frowned, "Aye, but I won't chatter with the likes of you on so blessed a subject. Get out of m'sight, landlubbers! All my years, I only spoke of the golden kindness with m'partner, Cantankerous Tim."

"Maybe we can work out a bargain?" Carmelita asked, because pirates were only interested in treasure and whatever they drank, she wasn't sure if it was grog or rum and she wasn't about to find out for herself, and she was sure that they could give him something or acquire something to get the information they needed.

"Shut your mouth hole, lubber, or I'll cork it with my cutlass!" Black Spot Pete declared, holding the cane that was his walking stick for a moment, as if he believed that it was his weapon of old, like he was going to hit them with it, "Hard on the tonsils, I assure ye!"

Sly and Carmelita took the hint and returned to the rooftop for a moment, getting out of their target's sight, before Bentley informed them that they were going to try and disguise Sly as Cantankerous Tim, which would require going after the three lieutenants that mutinied on him and took his pieces of his captain's outfit. Fortunately Bentley, having already heard that Cantankerous Tim was dead and who had the three parts of his attire that they would need, had already asked Gilda, Derpy, and Diz to acquire them by the time the conversation with Black Spot Pete was over. Derpy went after the first lieutenant, Stone Jake, and used her powers for a few seconds, blasting the unsuspecting pirate in the back with a bolt of lightning, enough to knock him out for a few hours and gave her more than enough time to claim the eye patch. Gilda, at the same time, went after the unnamed second lieutenant, indicating that the records weren't the best, and used her own powers to knock out both the guards and her target, before swiping the peg leg that was needed for the disguise, along with some nearby clothing that would make Sly look like a captain. The third and final lieutenant, Twitchy Ned, was easy for Diz to take out, as all she had to do was manipulate the ropes around her target, tie him up without a chance at seeing or hearing who was near him, and soon she was walking away with his hat... and, when she was far enough away, she undid the spell and released the frightened lieutenant, leaving him to his own devices.

With the full attire of Cantankerous Tim acquired, and Sly was dressed to look the part, he dropped down into the area that Black Spot Pete was still standing in and approached him, while at the same time the rest of the gang remained silent as they waited to see what happened next.

"Whuh?... Cantankerous Tim!" Black Spot Pete declared, though this was terrible for them, as it was clear that he knew that his friend had been killed at some point in time, but his old age was making him believe that his friend was actually alive and visiting him, "Yer back, you two-faced scallywag!"

"Aye, matey... and, not to be rude, but let's talk treasure... argh." Sly replied, doing his best to act like the person he was presenting himself to be, even though they had no idea how Cantankerous Tim spoke or acted, so he hoped that his skills were up to the task.

"How about a round of vinegar talk first, you baboon-faced toilet!" Black Spot Pete replied in kind, though that was when Bentley revealed that he had read about this at some point in time and that it was customary for pirates to engage in insult competitions, he just had to be sure not to repeat something that had already been said by either one of them, because if he did the gig was up, "You take the first broadside, shipmate!"

"You're a..." Sly said, crossing his arms for a moment for some dramatic flare, even if their target couldn't see him all that well, before he got down to business and came up with something that might do the trick, "Sheep-brained, Yellow-bellied, Whale-fart!"

"That be true enough," Black Spot Pete commented, as if he had been called that combination so many times in the past, to start the round of insults with, before he thought of what he was going to say in response to Sly's attempt at insulting him, "but you're a... Stupid, Twisted, Cow-pie!"

"You're a Bleating, Duck-billed, Swabber!" Sly fired back, hoping that this would be the end of it, but the smile that appeared on his foe's face told him that it wouldn't be that easy to get out of a insult competition, and he could already hear some of the other laughing at how childish some of these phrases sounded.

"But methinks you're a Blathering, Clam-tongued, Waste of skin!" Black Spot Pete replied, showing him that he was having fun with this, even if he wasn't sure if he was talking to another pirate or the spirit of Cantankerous Tim, all while forcing Sly to go with the flow.

"You are a Idiotic, Knuckle-dragging, Bag of vomit." Sly stated, all while wondering who came up with these words and the various combinations that they could be used in, though he was also thankful for Bentley and the others quickly finding the text that included all the terms, otherwise he would have been screwed.

"Yah swear like a child!" Black Spot Pete declared, which technically put him closer to the truth than his mind was allowing him to comprehend, before he got back to the matter at hand and focused on the next batch of words, "Methinks you are a Parrot-loving, Cross-eyed, Piece of filth."

"Oh yeah? You're a Cricket-sized, Grog-abusing, Anchor-head!" Sly replied, though he was thankful that none of his family were recording this, as he'd rather not look back at this moment in picture or video form, even though it would be written into the family tome at some point in time.

"That be true enough," Black Spot Pete said, once more making Sly wonder about his mind for a moment, as this couldn't be healthy for anyone to do for a long period of time, before he started to speak again, "but you're a Marooned, Toothless, Cabin boy."

"You are a Mumbling, Pus-faced, Sack o'maggots." Sly stated, though at the same time that was the last set of terms that the passage Bentley had found could offer him, so if there was another round to this than he was definitely screwed and they'd have to resort to other means to find what they were looking for.

"Cantankerous Tim, it must be you!" Black Spot Pete declared, though this time his tone was much friendlier than it had been when Sly and Carmelita came here together, which meant that he had succeeded in part of his mission and could get the information they needed, "Forgive this old Sea Dog and his sun burnt eyes for not recognizing you straight away. I've never met a man on land or sea that could curse half as well. Tell me, shipmate: why, after so long away, do you drop anchor now?"

"I've come for me share of the treasure we stole years ago from that Reme Lousteau fella." Sly replied, deciding to get right to the point this time around, as he had wasted enough time talking to Black Spot Pete and trading insults with him, because he wanted to know what they needed to do next.

"Twas a good haul, that! I speak of it while drunk often." Black Spot Pete stated, though at the same time that wasn't good news for Sly and the gang, but they all remained silent and let the pirate tell them his tale, "You and I, burying the loot in the belly of Dagger Isle. Aye, and many a year I kept the map to the treasure hidden, safe as a swaddling babe."

"Argh! Then let's have it! High time we dug up our retirement and lived as lords!" Sly stated, as this was what they were hoping for, the information to where Reme's treasure and gear had been buried, and they could easily knock out the pirate and leave him a portion of the treasure when they departed with what they came for.

"It shames me fierce to tell ye, shipmate, but I lost me galleon in a game of cards." Black Spot Pete said, though Sly had the feeling that the worst piece of news was about to come their way, and he could already hear Bentley coming up with an idea on what to do next, "And worse yet, the map was stolen by that terror, Captain LeFwee."

"What!?" Sly declared, this time staying in character, despite the fact that he wanted to drop out of it, before staring at the man that was giving them the information they needed, "I'd have run him through with my cutlass before givin' up so treasured a parchment!"

"This LeFwee's no ordinary buccaneer, no." Black Spot Pete said, his tone showing that there was some fear in him towards the new captain, who Sly felt lived in the fortress that was near their location, "He's earned the reputation as the smartest man on the Seven Seas. The devil lives in yonder keep... 'tis thre you'll find the map and your death as well. If you go for the treasure, shipmate, you go alone. Me sea-faring days are long behind me."

"Thank ya, Pete, you've been a good friend." Sly said, deciding that Black Spot Pete might as well spend the rest of his days remembering that Cantankerous Tim thought of him as a good friend and not whatever he had actually thought of him as, before he turned to leave.

"Aye, and you're still a skinny, malodorous, hairy-palmed, bottom-feeder." Black Spot Pete declared, though this time around he waved his cane in the goodbye sense as Sly jumped over the side of the balcony and headed for the safe house, while the rest of the gang followed after him.

When the gang regathered in their safe house Bentley reminded them that it was Reme Lousteau's treasure that they were after and that it was buried somewhere on Dagger Isle, a landmass that happened to be many leagues from their current position. In order for them to make the voyage out to the island, and not resort to magic and wing power, Bentley revealed that they were going to need to steal a pirate ship from the harbor, which wasn't going to be easy given the nature of the pirates they were dealing with. His plan started with Murray taking someone, like Sly or Carmelita, to steal a nearby jollyboat so they could blast the rudders off any ships that might chase them out into the open ocean, though that was sure to provoke the harbor patrol into a sea battle, which he was counting on. While they did that, however, Bentley also revealed that he, Penelope, and Clockwerk would break into LeFwee's keep, search it, and then steal the map to the buried treasure. Once both of those objectives had been taken care of, and everyone was ready to go, he told the gang that they were going to steal a ship and set sail for Dagger Isle, where all they had to do was follow the map and dig up the loot that Black Spot Pete and Cantankerous Tim had buried there... along with the gear that Dimitri was after.

PreviousChapters Next