• Published 7th Apr 2018
  • 4,661 Views, 303 Comments

Sly Cooper: Family of Thieves - Blackdrag-rose



Gilda and Derpy grow up with Sly, Bentley, and Murray as their brothers, where they work towards restoring the Cooper Legacy to its former glory by bringing the Fiendish Five to justice... and run from the law at the same time.

  • ...
26
 303
 4,661

PreviousChapters Next
Band: Thunder Beak

Since Carmelita was slightly annoyed by the fact that Neyla was nearby, and was likely either watching the Cooper Gang or waiting for them to make a move, she opted to remain in the safe house for now so she could prepare for the heist, as she'd be able to help with part of it before she needed to get back to the Interpol force that was coming this way. As such Bentley repeated the missions they needed to accomplish before they attempted the heist, where Murray and Diz would tackle the exterior air horns, Sly and either Gilda or Derpy would tackle the theater, and whichever sister didn't accompany Sly would come with him to drop the mirror ball. Once everyone knew what they were doing, and that Carmelita was fine with sitting a round out for now, Murray and Diz immediately headed out for the first of the exterior air horns, while at the same time Sly and Derpy moved out for the theater, leaving Gilda to wait for Bentley to be ready to leave. Bentley was remaining behind for now so he could tell the two groups what he needed them to do when they arrived at their mission areas, though when they were done he would have Gilda carry him to the door Neyla gave them the key to.

As such Murray and Diz carefully made their way through the streets outside the nightclub and avoided the guards that were all around them, as they didn't want to draw attention at the moment, before they arrived at the side of the building that allowed Gilda to enter where Dimitri's office was located... as that was the area that the first alarm horn was located in, where Diz noticed that it wasn't even guarded at all, but that didn't stop him from looking around for any guards that might be patrolling the area.

"Okay, Murray, that alarm horn will tip off Dimitri during our heist." Bentley said, speaking through their binocucoms, though while Diz was using his to look out for guards Murray was using his to stare at the alarm horn, just so he would know what they looked like before he started smashing them to pieces, "There are three of them out here, and I need you and Diz to take them out."

"Check!" Murray replied, as he was more than ready to start lifting things up and hurl them at his targets, because that seemed to be the best way to break things like the alarm horns and the power boxes he had broken earlier, and he was happy that Bentley was letting him smash things like this.

"This is going to take some serious muscle, Murray." Bentley stated, as while he knew that thieves preferred to leave nothing behind, or at least Sly was like that, he also knew that these alarm horns were sturdy and could take a decent amount of punishment before they broke, "You're the only guy on the team who can pull this off. You're going to need to pick some of the chairs and tables up to use them as ammunition for taking out those alarm horns, though Diz should be able to keep the guards off of you until you're ready to move onto the next target."

Murray nodded and carefully picked up the table that was near him, where he spotted Diz preparing himself for what he was about to do, before he hurled the table through the air and let it slam into the alarm horn, shattering the wood on the device while dealing damage at the same time. As he sought out the next projectile he could use to break the alarm horn, however, he noticed that some of the rat guards were already moving into position so they could investigate what was going on. Diz, on the other hand, was more than ready for them as he used his magic to get behind them and whack them with his cane, knocking them out in a matter of seconds, to which he smiled as he found some glowing pockets and took the loot that they were carrying with them, before turning back to the matter at hand. Murray chuckled for a moment as he hurled a chair at the alarm horn, as sometimes Diz was purely focused on whatever mission he was on and sometimes his attention became scattered when he found something interesting, like loot in someone's pocket... which he would have to ask him about later, once they were gone beating up the guards and had smashed the alarm horns.

When Murray destroyed the first alarm horn he joined Diz in beating up the rest of the guards, as they would make leaving the area harder than it needed to be, though once they were taken out the two of them headed towards the waypoint Bentley had programmed into their binocucoms. The moment they arrived at the second alarm horn, where Murray used some heavy duty news papers and some other items laying around the area, Diz found that there weren't any guards waiting for them this time around, as when Murray smashed the device he expected guards to come running to check out the noise. Since there weren't any guards he stood watch over the area, from the rooftop above them, and watched over Murray as he worked, though the instant the second alarm horn was taken out the third one appeared on their radars and they moved out immediately. The final alarm horn happened to be outside the gated area that the entrance to the mirror ball's location was in, though when Murray started smashing the device, using a briefcase full of counterfeit money as his first projectile, the guards moved in immediately, seeking to stop them from completing their mission... even if they had no idea what the mission was in the first place.

Fortunately between the two of them they were able to knock the guards unconscious and destroy the alarm horn in a matter of seconds, though as Bentley congratulated them on a job well done, since that would allow them to cut off Dimitri's way of figuring out what was happening when the heist happened... though as they headed back towards the safe house the two of them spotted Sly and Derpy heading into the theater so they could complete their mission.


Sly and Derpy used the door that was on the second story of the nightclub building to get into the theater, though before they did that they both spotted Murray and Diz taking out the last of the air horns for their mission, allowing them to head back to the safe house so they could prepare themselves for the heist. The theater itself appeared to be a nice place, with a stage that someone or a group could perform on and a number of tables resting around the area, though what surprised them was that there weren't a lot of guards patrolling the area. That told Sly that Dimitri either thought that the number he had stationed in this area was more than enough, or he had no idea how many guards were really needed here and this was his guess on what was necessary to guard the area. Either way the two of them were more than enough to take out the guards, though before they did anything they pulled out their binocucoms and let Bentley inform them of what they needed to do... before he and Gilda headed out for the area that the mirror ball was located in.

"Okay, Sly, there's the power boxes which route to the printing press area." Bentley said, causing their binocucoms to zero in on the devices that he was talking about, though at the same time they both knew that he had something else to tell them before they got started, "To take care of them, I need one of you to put a splice clip in those spotlights."

"There's a flaw in your plan Bentley," Derpy commented, seeing something that was going to complicate the mission, even though she could use her wings to get over the fans and put the splice clip in herself, but that would only annoy Bentley in the process, "those fans are spinning way to fast for us to walk on."

"They can be slowed down from this control panel..." Bentley replied, changing their view until they were staring at the panel in question, which was across from where they were standing at the moment, where both of them noticed some locks on the front of it, "but you'll have to do a lot of pickpocketing to get at it. The guards are carrying special fragile keys that will be destroyed if you attack, so make sure you pickpocket their keys before you knock them out."

Once Bentley had given them their objectives, and the duo heard the sounds of him preparing for his mission with Gilda, the connection between them and the safe house was disconnected and they got started on their task, though while Sly focused on using his cane to swipe the coins and key from the warthog guard in front of him Derpy descended to the floor below the entrance. On the lower level Derpy found two more guards walking around the area, though what she found interesting was that they were walking around the circular area that was in front of the stage and that they happened to be in line with each other, as when one stopped the other did as well. Despite that fact Derpy landed behind one of the guards and waited until he stopped, which was the moment she used her cane to swipe the coins and key from the guard's pocket before she knocked the guard out, to which she headed over to the second guard and repeated the process she used on the first one.

Sly, apparently seeing her work on the guards, dropped down into the area that she was standing in and headed behind the stage curtains, to which Derpy followed after him and watched as he made his way over to a switchboard and climbed up the pipe that was near him. From there he climbed up to the rafters that were above her, where she followed his movements as he silently reached a guard that happened to be watching television, so he had no idea that Sly was even there and had no idea that his key had been taken from him. Once that was done Sly dropped down to the area that Derpy was standing in and they headed to the right side of the stage, to where the makeup area was located, where the last two warthog guards were patrolling the area. Derpy, being able to get around the one that was walking up and down the stairs, opened her wings and moved towards the ceiling, where she flew over her target's head, landed behind him, and pickpocketed the key before knocking her guard out. At the same time Sly approached the guard that was on the lower level that he was on and waited until his target was showing him his back, where he picked the key from his pocket and knocked him out... before the two of them headed up to the control terminal that Bentley had pointed out and used the keys to turn the locks, allowing them to turn off the fans completely.

From there it was a simple matter for them, or more like Sly, to cross over to the central spotlights and slip the splice clip into position, where Bentley seized control over the machine to destroy the power boxes... though once that was done the two of them headed out of the theater and headed back to the safe house, but as they did so they spotted Gilda flying overhead with Bentley, indicating that they were now on their way to tackle the final mission before the heist.


Gilda and Bentley moved the moment Sly and Derpy were done seizing control of the spotlights in the theater, allowing Bentley to carry out the last part of that mission, though as Gilda flew over the area outside the nightclub, with Bentley holding tight to her, she spotted her siblings making their way back to the safe house. She made sure to move them over areas that the guards wouldn't be able to see them until they were already too far away to be seen, though when she reached the area that Bentley's mission was in she dropped down behind a guard, let Bentley down, and then knocked out the guard. The moment the guard was taken care of, and the golden watch he had been carrying was now in Gilda's pack, so that she could add it to the loot pile they were gathering back in the safe house, she turned towards Bentley and nodded her head, to which Bentley pulled out the key that Neyla had given them and paused as he wondered if they might be walking into a trap of some kind.

"Here goes nothing." Bentley said, to which he slipped the key into the lock and turned it, where his expression lightened as the locked turned, allowing them to unlock the door and head into the area of the nightclub that the mirror ball was located in.

The two of them walked through the door and found that their path was immediately blocked by something they should have been expecting, a laser wall that had a power terminal that was attached to the left side of the path, though the look on Bentley's face told Gilda that she didn't need to worry about the blockage.

"Okay, Bentley, to get past the laser fence, you'll need to blow it up." Sly said, speaking from the binocucom, which Bentley was now looking through as he stared at the obstruction, indicating that he was repeating what he had been doing to the others the entire time, "Since I know you made some explosives, and some of them are missing from the container you keep your gear in, I think you know what your doing, but I'll repeat the information anyway; just pull out a bomb, attach it to the side of the fence, and then get out of the way before it explodes."

Bentley didn't say anything as he pulled out one of the bombs in question, primed the timer, and attached it to the side of the fence, and backed away before the bomb detonated, tearing the structure apart so the two of them could move forward once more... where they found a warthog guard protecting the next fence.

"Bentley, maybe you should use one of your sleep darts on that guard." Gilda commented, to which Bentley nodded his head and lifted his crossbow up, to which he loosed one of the darts in question and let it fly through the air, hitting the guard in the chest a few seconds later.

The two of them watched as the guard started to stagger for a moment, taking a few steps away from the fence that he had been guarding, before he fell onto his side and stopped moving, to which Gilda stepped forward and made sure that he was still breathing... though once she had determined that he was out cold, and wouldn't be up for some time, she dragged him out of the bomb's radius and let Bentley blow the fence up, while also collecting the dart as well.

"Hey, Bentley, how're you holding up out there in the field?" Sly asked, though at the same time Bentley and Gilda continued to follow the path that was in front of them, allowing them to enter the part of the nightclub that their target was in, which wasn't had to spot at all.

"Fine, fine. I'm just fine." Bentley replied, though his tone indicated that, despite the fact that Gilda was wait him, he was still nervous about the situation he was in, almost as if Gilda wasn't even there, "I just need to bomb all the pillars supporting that disco ball and I can get out of here."

"You know, I've been meaning to ask about that." Gilda said, as Bentley hadn't actually revealed why dropping the mirror ball was so important, but at the same time she knew that it had to be important in some manner, "What's with you and wanting to drop the disco ball?"

"Its impact will shake the Nightclub's front peacock sign loose from its moorings..." Bentley started to say, though even though he decided to cut himself off, once more revealing that he was still nervous, Gilda understood enough to figure out what he was talking about, "Look, we can't talk now. We've got to keep moving, keep safe!"

Gilda wondered if Bentley forgot the part where he could dart anyone to sleep and the fact that she could summon the wind to defend them, but instead of saying anything she followed him as he moved into the area that the mirror ball was hanging in. As she followed him down the ramp that was in front of them Bentley moved to the left and placed one of his bombs against the support pillar he had been staring at a few moments ago, though when it detonated the structure broke and the support had weakened. After that they advanced up the ramp that was in front of them and Gilda ambushed the guard that was watching over the next support pillar and laser fence, though as she hauled him out of the way Bentley blew the two structures to pieces. The noise from the destruction of the laser fence forced a guard to come over to where they were, which Bentley knocked out with a sleep dart, though as he moved towards the third and fourth support pillars Gilda grabbed the dart and followed after him once more.

Fortunately there was only one more guard protecting the remaining two support pillars, so while Bentley placed bombs on the support pillars, and blew them to pieces, Gilda knocked out the guard that was patrolling the area... to which the two of them watched as the mirror ball dropped from it's perch and shattered on the floor, generating whatever Bentley was hoping for.

"Wow, Bentley, we felt that all the way back here at the safe house!" Sly immediately spoke up, revealing that they weren't the only ones that had felt the impact of the mirror ball, though at the same time Bentley and Gilda headed towards the entrance so they could begin the heist at last, "And you were right: the peacock sign had half of its bolts pop off on impact!"

Bentley smiled, as he was pleased that dropping the mirror ball had the desired effect he had been going for, before he and Gilda left this part of the nightclub and headed back to the safe house, as they had a heist to pull off and some Clockwerk parts to grab before Interpol showed up.


Bentley's plan was simple, so much so that the gang was a little surprised when they heard it, but it involved them using the now weakened peacock sign to smash their way into the area that the printing press was located in, allowing them to grab the Tail Feathers. Carmelita, of course, noted that this plan didn't involve a confrontation with Dimitri, though Sly assured her that the iguana was likely guarding the parts they were after, meaning that he, Gilda, and Derpy, maybe even Diz if he wanted to join them, were going to have to fight Dimitri before they could walk away with their prize. Since the forces from Interpol were getting closer to the nightclub, exactly like they had been expecting them to do, Bentley suggested that they get the operation underway so they didn't have a lot of people seeing them in action and breaking the rules that Secretary Sen put on them when they made the deal two years ago. As such he, Bentley, and Murray headed out to the water tower, where Murray would toss Bentley up into the entrance so he could shutdown the water in the fountain outside the nightclub, while at the same time Diz would be on the lookout for approaching guards.

Fortunately the three of them were able to complete that task without anything out of the ordinary happening, as no guards came running to check up on things, though at the same time Sly and Carmelita ambushed the guard that was carrying the keys to the repair truck, who was being called to fix the problem. With the keys in hand Carmelita got into the truck and started it up, to which she drove over to the area that Bentley wanted the truck in so that someone could catch the hook that was attached to the back of the vehicle. Once she was in position she climbed out of the truck and let Murray take over, not because she couldn't be a part of the operation more, but because her squad would be arriving soon and she needed to arrive with them, as an Interpol agent and not a thief. She also patted Sly on his arm, saying nothing before she turned tail and departed from the area, as she had no idea if Neyla was still watching and didn't want to give her 'partner' anything that she might be able to use against her at some point. Even as she walked away, however, she stopped for a moment and watched as Gilda and Derpy attached the hook to the top of the peacock sign, allowing them to bring it down and smash through what was apparently the roof of the printing press area.

Sly, Gilda, Derpy, and Diz headed right for the opening that was in front of them and dropped down into the area that the Clockwerk Tail Feathers were in, though sure enough they found Dimitri standing nearby, looking annoyed that they were even here and that they were wrecking his operation.

"Gah!" Dimitri said, sounding a little surprised by their sudden arrival, as if he wasn't expecting them until later or something, before he calmed himself down and stared at them, "So... Raccoonus Doodus, you and your little group are like totally bumming my house up and bringing me down. So very uncool. Why can't you let birds and bees be free, bro?"

"Because you're playing with something you know nothing about," Gilda replied, though at the same time she and the others readied their weapons, as they knew that this was going to break out into a fight, regardless of what any of them said in the next few seconds.

"And there's a certain bird that needs to stay dead." Derpy stated, her right hand moving up to her eyepatch for a moment, remembering the day Clockwerk stole her eye from her, before she growled and faced Dimitri, who had no idea what she had been doing.

"Look, bro. I see that you are a tough cowboy... a man with taste... style... vision... a connoisseur of finer things." Dimitri said, once more speaking to Sly while ignoring the others, but the look in his eye told them that he had heard them speak and that he was only interested in speaking with the leader of the Cooper Gang, "Like me. Look, I'm sure that two cats in a bag like us can work something out, yeah? We smoove, yeah? Look... see the money? You like the money? You can take all you want. I can..."

"No deal!" Sly answered, as he wasn't about to let himself be bribed by a counterfeiter, especially when they came to Dimitri's nighclub with a specific target in mind, and he wasn't going to leave without what they came for, "You and the rest of the Klaww Gang have to be stopped. Clockwerk will never again see the light of day. Just hand over the Tail Feathers and we can..."

"What is this with clocks, bro?" Dimitri asked, sounding annoyed about something, though at the same time that only confirmed that he had no idea what he and his gang had stolen from the museum, "Have you no vision? Are you hearing what I beam to you? You think you have juice? Don't show me a little mind when talking about such big things... you think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!"

"You know, none of us have any idea what you're saying." Diz said, as that was the honest truth, because it appeared that Dimitri had fallen to using phrases he had created since he created the nightclub, though at the same time he stared at the suit and one thought came to mind, "And personally, I think your suit sucks."

"Let's dance!" Dimitri screamed, though that was followed by him dashing backwards as he moved down to the area directly below the printing press, to which the four of them dropped down into the area and prepared for the fight they had been expecting since they put they came to the nightclub.

Dimitri's main method of ranged attacks was to fire blasts of energy from something on his wrist, though fortunately it could only fire three in a row and the fourth knocked it out of commission for a few seconds, allowing the four of them to make their way towards him before they hid behind the canisters that were around the area. When Dimitri's weapon failed to hit anyone the second time around he switched to trying to punch those that were near him and also tried to use his tail to hit them when he spun around. In response Sly, Gilda, Derpy, and Diz used their canes to attack him while they avoided his attacks, but a few seconds later he had enough of them and dashed over to the other side of the room so he could start firing at them again. From there it was a matter of repeating the same movements, as they could separate from each other and force Dimitri to pick one of them to fire at, but since he could only fire three shots, and missed every since time, it was easy for them to reach him again and continue their assault.

Fortunately Dimitri was only able to do that three times in a row, as after they dealt a good amount of damage to their opponent he dashed up to the machine and tried to stop it so he could take the Tail Feathers and run, but the group surprised him and knocked him into the machine. From there he was thrown into the waste barrel that was near the machine and complained about how they were taking the Clockwerk Tail Feathers, though all Sly did was tell him that there was no honor in printing money and that he didn't understand why he had chosen to do that with his portion of the ancient owl. Once Dimitri was out cold, or at least extremely dazed from the fight, the four of them gathered the Tail Feathers and made their way up to the opening they had created, allowing Murray to pull them up and get them to the van, so they could leave before Interpol arrived.


The following morning, when they were back in their warehouse awaiting the news on what happened, Carmelita arrived with a smile on her face, to which the gang welcomed her with open arms and she started to explain what had happened after she left them to finish up their heist. She had timed the arrival of her, her forces, and Neyla so that they would miss the Cooper Gang as they were making their exit, where they found Dimitri at the heart of his counterfeiting operation and arrested him immediately. Her superiors were happy with the news and she assisted Neyla in filling out all the paperwork necessary to make sure Dimitri went to jail for his actions, though once that was done, and she had another criminal name to add to the list of criminals she had taken out while following the gang over the years, she had gone home to get some sleep before coming here. Once she was done explaining her story, regardless of how short it was, Sly showed her the Clockwerk Tail Feathers and noticed that she was happy to have been of assistance in acquiring them, before he revealed his plans for a well deserved break for the gang, a reward for completing the first of many heists to steal back the various parts of his family's ancient enemy.

As such the gang, all seven of them to be exact, headed out for Monaco, where they would spend a week relaxing and enjoying themselves before they even attempted to figure out where Rajan and his parts were located... but they would find him in time and steal back whatever parts he had taken from the museum.

PreviousChapters Next