• Published 7th Apr 2018
  • 4,695 Views, 303 Comments

Sly Cooper: Family of Thieves - Blackdrag-rose



Gilda and Derpy grow up with Sly, Bentley, and Murray as their brothers, where they work towards restoring the Cooper Legacy to its former glory by bringing the Fiendish Five to justice... and run from the law at the same time.

  • ...
26
 303
 4,695

PreviousChapters Next
Thievius: Isle of Wrath

No one talked for the first few minutes as Murray drove the van away from Police Headquarters, as they were all reflecting over what they had just had and how well their plan had worked, save for Carmelita's arrival near the end, before they started talking. While Murray drove the van, Bentley tinkered on his computer, and both Gilda and Derpy stared at the scenery that was passing them, Sly spent a few moments staring down at the case file they had stolen, the very one that he had been waiting to get his hands on. Part of him wondered if he was dreaming, where in reality he and his sisters hadn't gone after the case file yet, but after a few moments he determined that he wasn't dreaming, because if he had been dreaming he was sure that he would have awoken the moment he and his sisters got away from Carmelita.

"Sly, that was a nice heist that you, Gilda, and Derpy pulled off at Police Headquarters," Bentley commented, snapping Sly back to reality, because he knew that his friend was likely lost in his head over the fact that they finally got the case file he had been searching for.

"Yeah, and it was nice to see Carmelita again," Sly said, knowing that his friends and his sisters knew about his feelings for the Inspector, though then again he really never tried to hide those feelings, "especially when she was the one who had the case file we needed."

"Speaking of Carmelita, we had better get moving," Gilda added, knowing that sooner or later the Inspector will have gained permission to chase after them, meaning that it was a matter of time until she found the evidence to arrest the members of the Fiendish Five, which would make it harder for them to gather the pages of the Thievius Raccoonus, "She's likely preparing to chase us to whoever the first member of the Fiendish Five is, so we had better get there before she does, otherwise she might find some of the pages herself."

"Right." Sly said, knowing that Gilda was right, to which he opened the case file and skipped past the part that was about the attack on his family home, as he knew all about that part already, before coming to the first target that he and his sisters would be taking out, "Let's see here, our first target is Sir Raleigh the frog. According to this he was born into a life of wealth and privilege, but he eventually grew bored of his life and turned to piracy, which he found to his liking after attempting it with one of his boats. He also has a fascination with building machines, which is why he was recruited into the Fiendish Five as the chief machinist, though the last known sightings of Raleigh suggest that he's got a stronghold on the Isle of Wrath, which is situated in the middle of the perilous Welsh Triangle."

"I see," Bentley commented, though he could see that all three of the Cooper siblings were annoyed by Raleigh's actions, both from taking some pages from the Thievius Raccoonus and what he had done when he turned his life towards crime, "Well then, I'll set our course for the Isle of Wrath... and made sure that it's the fastest one so we can beat Inspector Fox there."

"Awesome!" Murray said, though that was when he shifted the van into a different gear, allowing them to go faster while Bentley started forming the route they needed to take to reach their destination, "Next stop, the Isle of Wrath."

Gilda, Derpy, and Sly smiled at each other for a moment, because this would be the first step towards them recovering the Cooper Clan's most valuable treasure, while at the same time taking out one of the villains that had taken out Sly's father ten years ago. They had been training themselves, to the best of their abilities, for this day to arrive, though now that they had the information they were after it was time to act upon their plan and take out the Fiendish Five... starting with heading to the Welsh Triangle and see what Raleigh was up to.


It took them some time to reach the Isle of Wrath, though when they finally reached it Murray spun the van around so that the back would be facing the path that would head right to Raleigh's hideout, though when he came to a stop the back door opened. That was when Sly, Derpy, and Gilda climbed out of the van and jumped onto the ground in front of them, where they noticed that it was definitely raining all around them, while at the same time spotting a wrecked ship not too far away from the path that Murray used to get the van here. Bentley quickly wished them well before he closed the back door of the van, to prevent the inside from getting drenched, though at the same time the trio walked forward and began their operation, which started with them passing through a small tunnel in the rock wall ahead of them.

When they arrived at the back end of the tunnel a few seconds later, however, the three of them stopped as they took in their surroundings for a moment, finding a deck fragment of a ship to their left while the path they needed to take was locked at the moment... and it was unlikely that they could find the key to unlock it anytime soon.

"It seems that Raleigh knows his locks as well as we do," Sly commented, identifying the type of lock almost instantly, though as he did so he started looking for alternate paths they could take to reach the other side, "I know you two know this already, but please bare with me for a moment; that type of lock is hooked to an alarm that will sound if we try to put anything that's the wrong shape or size, like a lockpick, into it."

"That means we're going over the gate," Gilda said, understanding why Sly was reminding her and Derpy of this information, since they were slightly less experienced than he was in this sort of thing, before she noticed something interesting to the immediate left of the gate, "Hey, do you think we could use that ladder, and the tower it's attached to, to get over the gate?"

"It sure looks like it." Sly replied, though that was when Derpy emerged from the area they were hiding in and headed over to the deck fragment that they had noticed, which was currently being guarded by a walrus guard that was wielding a mallet as he hit the deck with it... while collecting two bottles in the process.

Derpy carefully approached the guard, using the stealth techniques that Sly had taught her and Gilda over the years, before she whacked the guard with her cane, hard enough to knock him out completely while also being light enough to avoid leaving behind any bruises. They were supposed to be thieves, so leaving a mark on someone was generally a bad idea for them, though as she did that, and made sure that the guard was out cold, she looked up at the mast she was standing under and found another pair of green bottles, with what appeared to be a sheet of paper in each of them, resting above her head. Instead of hitting the mast, and potentially causing it to fall on the guard's head, she opened her wings and flew up to where the bottles were resting, where she grabbed them and brought them to the ground... where she smashed all four of the bottles inside the tunnel and took pictures of what she found for Bentley to look at.

"Now this is very interesting." Bentley told all three of them, causing the trio to listen carefully, as this might help them uncover some of the pages of the Cooper Clan's tome, "The messages you just sent me appear to be some sort of clue! I'll decipher them here in the van. In the meantime, the three of you should see if you can find any more clues. The more I have the easier it'll be to crack the code."

Fortunately it appeared that there was one more clue in front of the ladder that they were planning on using to get over the gate and another four to the right of the actual gate, though the set of four included climbing on a rope to reach them since two were resting on a pillar of stone and the other two were on top of two young trees. From there the trio took turns climbing up the ladder that was in front of them and carefully jumped down into the area below them, where they stopped when Sly spotted a searchlight shining on the path in front of them. That meant they had to be careful, as stepping into the light would set off the alarm that was being guarded by another guard, though since the guard was facing their direction they were going to be spotted the moment they emerged from where they were hiding.

Gilda, however, used her wings to moved herself into the air before she headed over to where the van was located, to which Sly and Derpy watched as she eventually landed behind the guard, who had a large throwing star of some kind as his weapon, and knocked him out as well, before turning off the alarm system so her siblings could follow her. As Sly and Derpy headed to where Gilda was standing they collected another pair of clue bottles, their name for the strange bottles, before they all headed though what would have been a gate if they tripped the alarm. Once they were on the other side, however, all three of them stared at the large boat that was Raleigh's base of operations... as well as the large blimp like machine that was hovering in the air above the boat, which appeared to be producing the storm itself.

"So, who wants to bet that the blimp is where Raleigh is hiding?" Sly asked, because that was the first thought that came to mind when he stared at the machine, though he was sure that his sisters were thinking something completely different than he was.

"Well, according to my Amphibio-Positioning System," Bentley said, his tone indicating that he must have spotted the machine when they arrived and he had been studying it the entire time, though Sly was happy to hear that tone, "that big blimp is exactly where Raleigh is hiding out."

"I'm just going to say this, but that blimp looks more like a machine than a hide-out." Gilda commented, as the entire blimp seemed to be made out of nothing more than metal and glass, at least from where they were standing anyway, which meant that it had to be a machine of some kind.

"You're right, Gilda." Bentley replied, though for a few seconds he went silent as he pulled up whatever his findings where, but the siblings took the moment to study what they could see of the boat before they moved on, "That is a storm machine! It's the reason why it never stops raining around here."

"That explains all the wrecked ships." Sly stated, looking at all of the wrecked ships that rested all over the area between them and the boat, which made sense considering that Raleigh must have been at this for a long time before they arrived to take him out.

"But why would Raleigh want bad weather at his own hide-out all the time?" Bentley asked, as he knew that none of his friends could answer the question, not unless they asked Raleigh that same thing when they finally reached him, and even then their foe might not give them an answer.

"Well, it seems to be both making the storm that's alive at the moment and is being suspended in the air by that very same storm," Derpy said, as she had been staring that the storm the entire time, though that was when she glanced down at the wrecked ships for a moment, "and he's likely keeping the storm alive to sink ships that he can salvage whenever he wants to recover their treasure."

"You might be right Derpy," Bentley replied, though this time his tone suggested that he wasn't used to saying that she might be right about something, but no one really paid any attention to that, "Well, he's likely got his portion of the Thievius Raccoonus with him, so you'll need to get aboard the storm machine to get at it."

Sly nodded and beckoned for his sisters to follow after him, where the three of them silently headed up the hill that was in front of them and found a guard, this time with a welder in his hand, blocking the way, though they were more than enough to take the guard down and progress onward, after gently turning his welder off anyway. As they turned to their left they noticed that there was a low powered waterfall that they had to cross, where Derpy found two more clue bottles off to their right and collected them as they moved through the water. As they crossed the second part of the waterfall they all noticed another pair of bottles resting on some rocks, which they collected so Bentley could decipher them and possibly crack the code, before the trio reached a gate that they couldn't open with what they had at the moment. It was at that point that Bentley contacted them and informed them that they were making good progress, before reminding them of the fact that they could jump towards a circular hook and latch onto it with their canes, allowing them to swing over the gate... and any other obstacles that they might encounter in the future.

Sly was the first to react after lowering his binocucom, as he ran towards the gate and jumped into the air, letting the top of his cane latch onto the hook and swung for a few seconds, before he let go of the hook and jumped over the top of the gate. The instant he landed on the ground he turned around and looked at his sisters, where Gilda stepped forward first and repeated what he had done before Derpy had done the same thing, though once they were together again the three of them continued down the path in front of them. They carefully jumped across the four rotating wheels that were at the end of the path and stopped at the small patch of land that had a mallet guard working on something, though they quickly took him down before crossing over the second set of four rotating wheels that were in their way, as well as carefully waiting for an opening to reveal itself since these ones had circular rings that prevented them from moving forward too quickly.

As they walked into the new area they discovered a throwing star guard standing near the end of the larger patch of land that the three of them had found, which had two searchlights looking for intruders, but as they started moving this guard immediately noticed them and started throwing stars at them. Fortunately he couldn't target a flying target that well, as Derpy followed what her sister had done earlier and flew behind the guard, where she made sure to knock him out before Gilda and Sly caught up with her. Sly smiled as he deactivated the alarm that the guard had been protecting and knocked out the searchlights at the same time, though their situation improved when they spotted a large vault, like the one in Carmelita's office, but since they didn't have all the clues in the area they couldn't exactly open it. Sly was surprised when Derpy opened her wings and took to the skies, where she moved up to the tops of the two searchlights and found two pairs of clue bottles resting on the top of both towers. Gilda smiled as she opened her wings as well and headed to the second tower and collected the bottles that were up there, to which she and Derpy smashed the bottles and sent Bentley a copy of everything they found... along with one more, as it had been resting next to the vault, giving them a grand total of twenty clue bottles in this one area.

The trio waited for a moment, to see what Bentley said about the fact that they had found twenty clue bottles in this one area, before he contacted them and asked that they find the vault, where he discovered that they were already standing in front of the vault. Once he understood that the trio was standing in front of the vault he gave Sly the combination, 7-9-2, and let Sly open it, to which Sly carefully moved the tumblers into the correct positions and moved the lever. A few seconds later the vault door opened and the trio discovered a piece of paper resting inside it, which was actually a page from the Thievius Raccoonus, one that detailed the specifics of Drake Cooper's Fast Attack Dive move, which the trio committed to memory before Sly carefully placed it inside the ancient bindings of the family tome, which he carried with him at all times. While he did that Gilda pulled out the gang's calling card, the infamous blue raccoon mask, and placed it where the page had been located, to which the trio moved forward and crossed over the trio of rotating wheels... where they came to a stop once more as they spotted a interesting looking case that contained a decent sized key, one that had to go to the gate in front of them.

"This seems too easy," Gilda commented, to which she glanced from the key to the gate and back, as she knew that there had to be some sort of trick associated with the fact that the first key they discovered, the first Treasure Key as it were, while at the same time Sly studied the key without touching the case while Derpy stared at the gate.

"The key's genuine," Sly said, though he was at a loss for words as well, because based on what he was seeing there should be a trap or something, yet all he found was nothing save for the key and the case, "and there aren't any traps on the case. Derpy, do you see anything on the gate?"

"Save for the lock that the key goes to? Not really," Derpy replied, to which she turned back and stared at her siblings, as she had seen nothing that would be triggered if the key was inserted into the lock and already shared the unease that both Gilda and Sly were feeling, "If we put that key into the lock we won't have to worry about traps or alarms... which is by far the stupidest way Raleigh could have protected the entrance of his hide-out."

"I don't mind it if Raleigh makes this easy for us," Sly stated, though at the same time he removed the case and claimed the key, to which he and his sisters approached the gate that was in front of them, something that he unlocked and revealed the way into the hide-out.

The trio entered the tunnel that was in front of them and carefully made their way through it, since they had no idea if there were any traps inside the passage, but fortunately for the three of them they were able to make their way through the tunnel without anything happening to them... before they stopped at a small cliff that gave them a good view of the boat that served as Raleigh's base of operations, along with a better view of the blimp itself.

"That blimp looks like the most secured location on this boat." Sly commented, looking at the blimp in question with his binocucom, which Gilda and Derpy were doing as well, though they were also taking note of everything else the boat had to offer, "If Raleigh's really as smart as his police file suggests then that's where we'll find him."

"Wonderful idea, but your plan is flawed." Bentley told him, cutting him off before he even had the chance to mention what his plan had been, which caused the siblings to raise an eyebrow as they waited for him to explain himself.

"Okay, then explain why my 'plan' is flawed," Sly replied, because he had been thinking about having Gilda and Derpy carry him up to the blimp so they could take out Raleigh first, which was flawed since the storm might produce more than rain and would make them targets because of their canes.

"Because it's impossible get near him." Bentley informed them, to which he shifted their gaze towards a power tube that had bits of electricity lashing to and from throughout the tube, one that also happened to have a generator resting next to it, which was protected by a circular gate, "To access Raleigh's blimp, the three of you would have to sneak through that high-voltage power tube. To do that, without getting electrocuted, you'd have to destroy that power generator. And to do that, you need to find two more of Raleigh's treasure keys, which are heavily guarded."

"Interesting." Gilda said, though she was smiling as she listened to what Bentley was telling them, as this sounded like a good place for them all to practice their skills and tackle the objectives on their own, something that she felt they were all ready for, "So when are you going to get to the impossible part?"

"Fine! But I warned you!" Bentley replied, indicating that he had given them all the information he could at the moment, before he shifted their gazes towards one of the few doors that were open at the moment, which now had some glowing markers resting in front of them, "I've marked the areas you need to hit with holographic markers, which all three of your masks have been calibrated to see whenever I project something. Follow them to your objectives."

"Thanks Bentley!" Derpy said, knowing that it would have taken her, Gilda, and Sly some time to figure out their objectives on their own, but with Bentley showing them the way they could tackle anything that Raleigh and the other members of the Fiendish Five threw at them, "We owe you one."

"Don't mention it." Bentley stated, though that was followed by the connection being terminated, allowing the trio to lower their binocucoms and prepare themselves for the next part of the operation.

They had four targets to choose from, if they were seeing Bentley's markers correctly, which meant they had four potential Treasure Keys to acquire and four potential pages of the Thievius Raccoonus to reclaim, before any of them even considered heading through the power tube and seeing what rested on the other side of it. All three of them knew that this was going to be dangerous for all of them, since they were going up against one of the Fiendish Five and the guards that he commanded, but they had all sworn to make them pay for what they did to Sly's father... and not one of them was going to back down now. Together the three siblings looked at the blimp and knew that they would face Raleigh in time, they only had to take back what was their's and take his Treasure Keys, and then they could deal with him at last.

PreviousChapters Next