• Published 17th Oct 2017
  • 384 Views, 0 Comments

Happy Birthday Tom Hanks - PioneerofImagination



A unicorn sits on a bench next to a pegasus and the pegasus talks a lot about his life.

  • ...
 0
 384

The Pegasus on the Bench

Near the docks of Vanhoover, a pegasus was sitting on a bench, patiently waiting for a ship to arrive. After a minute or 2, a unicorn sat on the bench next to him.

"Hello, would you like a piece of chocolate?" The pegasus asked, offering some chocolate to the unicorn, who took a piece with his magic.

"Thanks," the unicorn said, "This is really good. Where did you get it?"

"A store that's pretty close to here," the pegasus answered.

"Oh, I should definitely check it out. I used to work in a candy store, you know."

"Really, what was that like?"

"It was pretty fun, but also pretty hard. Actually, I got the job when I was young and had trouble using magic."

"Really? How come?"

"It was just something I was born with," the unicorn answered. "I was given the job so I could work on my magic, while I was making some cash along the way. In time, my magic got better and that's really all there is to that story. Thanks again for the chocolate."

"You’re welcome. My name is Forrest, Forrest Stump," Forrest said and then ate several pieces of chocolate himself. As he finished eating, he looked up into the sky and stared at the clouds for a little bit.

"Have you ever been to Cloudsdale?" He asked.

"You mean the place where the pegasi live?" The unicorn asked.

"Yeah," Forrest answered.

"No I haven't."

"That's where I grew up and where I met the mare I'm meeting today," Forrest said.

"Oh you're waiting for somepony too?" The unicorn asked. "I'm waiting for a pony here too but it's gonna be about a 2 hour wait."

"Yeah," Forrest answered. "She and I have been best buds for a long time. It all happened when I was a young colt." Forrest then recalled the days of his youth. "Before I was in Cloudsdale, I lived in Appaloosa with my momma. Momma was a pegasus but my dad was an earth pony, he was a nice guy but he wasn't too bright."

"What do you mean?"

"One day not too long after I was born he thought he could win in a fight with a bugbear, he couldn't. Unfortunately he learned it the hard way. After that we moved to Cloudsdale so I could learn how to fly better."

***

On his first day of Flight school Forrest Stump was a little late to class and was looking for a seat, but it looked like they were all taken. He was worried that he'd have to sit on the floor during class again when suddenly.

"You can sit next to me," a pegasus filly said. She had a bright yellow pony tail mane with a slightly darker yellow coat. Forrest took her up on her offer right away. "I'm Jenna. It's nice to meet you."

"Thanks, you too."

***

"After that me and Jenna got along like pickles and onions."

"What?"

"I don't know," Forrest said. "I was trying to make a figure of speech. Or was it a metaphor I always get them mixed up. Anyway as the years went on Jenna and I became the best of friends. I remember 1 day, it was one of our last days of Flight School when she forgot her lunch."

***

"I can get it for you Jenna, it's no problem," A younger Forrest said to Jenna.

"No it's okay Forrest it's not that big a deal," Jenna said, trying to reason with him. But it was quite hard to do that as her stomach groaned after she finished.

"I'll be back before you know it," Forrest said as he flew off to her house. Forrest would admit he's not really a bright stallion, but he knew could get to Jenna's house pretty quickly by cutting through a training field for the Wonderbolts. However as he was making his way back, the Wonderbolts arrived to train and some of them were racing each other. As they did Forrest flew through the training field and the Wonderbolts couldn't help but notice he had no trouble keeping up with most of them.

"Who in the heck was that?" The captain of the Wonderbolts asked.

"That was Forrest Stump," the 2nd in command answered. "He's one of the stallions in Flight school."

"After I went back to Jenna with her lunch several of the pegasus I passed came back. They asked if I wanted to go flying with them and I decided to go for it, it sounded fun."

***

"Hold on a minute!" The unicorn said. "You were in the Wonderbolts?"

"Yeah and I was right, it was fun. Had to wait a bit, they have an age requirement but it was worth the wait, I even helped them break some kind of record," Forrest answered. "But I had to train with them after I joined their academy. I learned how to do all kinds of things, my favorite was the Dizzitron."

"The what?"

"It was this thing that made you insanely dizzy, then let's go, it was a blast. I must have gone on that thing at least a thousand times. Some of the other Wonderbolts and I would make bets over who could go on the longest, I always won. I'm surprised they didn't make a carnival ride out of it, they'd make a fortune."

***

Forrest always knew he was fast, but when he first started his training the captain told him to go as fast as he could for as long as he could. But Forrest went straight leaving the training field. After a few minutes Forrest flew back.

"Hey," Forrest said to the Wonderbolt captain. "Where am I supposed to stop? I forgot to ask."

"You're supposed to just go around the track 500 times," The captain answered.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense."

"Yeah I guess it does."

"Has a pegasus ever flown across all of Equestria?"

"Not that I know of."

"Oh but that would be pretty cool if a pegasus was able to do that."

"Yeah I guess it would."

"Is there a record for how fast a pegasus- "

"JUST FLY AROUND THE TRACK 500 TIMES ALREADY!" The captain yelled at Forrest interrupting him. Forrest then got back to flying this time around the track.

***

"Now maybe it was me, but being a Wonderbolt was really confusing times."

"Though being a Wonderbolt must have been fun."

"Oh yeah that was nice," Forrest answered. "I really took to it like a rock to a waterfall."

"What?"

"It's an expression or maybe an allegory. I get those mixed up too. I was good at it but there was this 1 Wonderbolt that was having some trouble keeping up with the others. When he told me that I suggested he try flying faster."

"Oh I get it you meant to push past his limits and challenge himself to go beyond limits right?"

"No, I just meant to fly faster. Thankfully he got it because that's what he did and he later was able to keep up with the rest of us. It wasn't long after that we broke the all time metal record when we entered the Equestria Games. After that we got invited to a party at Canterlot where I got to meet Princess Celestia at her castle."

***

The Wonderbolts were getting ready to go to the castle to congratulate them. Forrest had stepped out and as he went outside he saw a young yellow filly with a light and dark orange mane getting teased. "You actually think you can be a Wonderbolt, they'd never accept somepony like you," one of the bullies said.

"Shut up!" The filly said on the verge of crying. "I can be a Wonderbolt if I want to."

"You can't even fly through the circles," another one of the bullies said.

"I'll get better and when I do I'll fly circles around you!" The filly said with pride but the bullies just laughed more, and most likely would have continued if Forrest hadn't shown up behind the filly.

"Don't listen to them, you can do anything you put your mind to," Forrest said remembering those were the words his mother always told him. "I bet you can be a Wonderbolt someday if you try." Forrest then took off a Wonderbolt pin and gave it to the filly. "Don't ever give up your dream," Forrest said which made the filly smile.

"I won't!" She said once again with pride.

"There you are Forrest," another Wonderbolt said. "Come on, we gotta get to the castle."

"Already?" Forrest then flew off with the other Wonderbolt but saw the filly try to go through the circles again, she made it through every single one of them without touching them.

The Wonderbolts arrived at Canterlot Castle to meet Princess Celestia who would congratulate the Wonderbolts on breaking the record. The party was what ponies would expect one to be like at Canterlot Castle.

"I wonder if I could get some of this to go," Forrest said as he kept eating the fancy food at the party. Princess Celestia walked into the room with several reporters trying to get the story on the Wonderbolts breaking the metal record. When she came in, the Wonderbolts wasted no time forming a line. Except Forrest, he was still eating.

"Congratulations, how does it feel to make Wonderbolt history?" Princess Celestia asked.

"It feels like a Wonderbolt dream come true," the Wonderbolt she asked answered.

"Wonderbolt dream?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Yeah you know, like wonderful but Wonderbolt, sort of my catchphrase. What do you think?"

"Not bad, pretty good even."

"Really? Would it be good enough for a Wonderbolt that made Wonderbolt history to score a date with a certain princess?"

"I don't think so," Princess Celestia answered.

"Will you hurry up, you're holding up the line," the Wonderbolt behind him asked, getting frustrated.

"Sorry." The Wonderbolt in front then finally moved allowing the one in front of him to get to the princess.

"Congratulations, how does it feel to make Wonderbolt history?"

"Great, but I'd feel really great if I was the one that got a date with you."

"Sorry not happening." Eventually it was Forrest's turn who ate more than he should have and was having a little trouble standing still. "Congratulations, how does it feel to make Wonderbolt history?"

"I gotta take a dump," he answered.

"Oh I see," Princess Celestia said, trying not to laugh at the sheer bluntness of his answer. "Down the hall to the right."

"Thank you." Forrest then flew off where the princess pointed.

***

"Did you honestly say that to Princess flipping Celestia?"

"I really had to go. After I went I met a couple royal guards that asked if I wanted to join their club within the guard."

"Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that a few years ago, Princess Celestia was trying to make a special task force from the royal guard but also looked to others for help like the Wonderbolts. Did you join?"

"Yeah and so did my wing pony, a pegasus also born in Appaloosa, Apple John." Forrest then talked about how and and Apple John joined the royal guard but were still Wonderbolts. They just had to work as royal guards until the task force finished any and all missions they were given.

"So were you working directly with Princess Celestia when you joined?"

"No, we were trained by a royal guard called Lieutenant Stan."

"Oh I see, what kind of adventures did you go on when you were on that task force?"

"Well we didn't do a whole lot when Apple John and I weren't helping the Wonderbolts with Wonderbolt stuff, we were helping the royal guard with royal guard stuff."

"Is that all?"

"No, not really Apple John would tell me about how 1 day he'd liked to follow the family tradition on his father's side and work with apple trees."

"Apple trees?"

"Yeah apple trees. He wanted to go to Vanhoover 1 day to make an acre, he figured it'd be a great place since despite the Apple family being all over Equestria, for some reason there weren't any apple trees there.”

***

"So see, it's not just apples you can sell from just apple trees," Apple John said. "You can make all sorts of things from apples. Apple fritter, apple juice, apple cider, apple butter, apple pie, apple pie filling, apple jelly, fried apples, apple pancakes, apple chutney, baked apples, apple pectin, apple crisp, apple cobbler, apple turnover, apple strudel, apple cake, apple bread, zap apple jam...I think that's it." Apple John and Forrest Stump became such close friends in their time together that he offered Forrest to go into business with him which he accepted.

"Between all that I still stayed close with Jenna," Forrest said as he continued with the story.

"Forrest, I'm happy that you have two jobs. You might become captain of the Wonderbolts 1 day and captain of the royal guard the next. Just don't forget us little ponies, okay?" Jenna asked.

"Sure Jenna, no problem, I got a real good memory."

***

"Since I was working so much I barely saw her but we still tried to keep in touch," Forrest said to the unicorn. "While I was working at the guard I did a few missions along the way, Apple John and I did some specific pony guarding for a princess, not Princess Celestia or her sister. Not the one that went to visit the moon, it was a different alicorn."

"Wait, you got to meet Princess Mi Amore Cadenza? What's she like? I bet she's stuck up."

"Well." Forrest thought as he remembered when he and Apple John were on guard during the royal wedding and how she acted a little rudely towards the pony that designed the dresses for her bridesmaids. "Maybe a little, though that was actually my tenth or twelfth year as a guard. Most of the time she was pretty nice."

"Hey, wasn't the groom the captain of the royal guard?"

"Yes actually, but when I first started he was an average guard. I remember this one time I was talking with him."

***

"So your sister wants to join the school for Gifted Unicorns, good for her. I hear Princess Celestia even teaches there. I always thought she seemed like the teaching type."

"Yeah," Shining Armor said. "I'm sure she'll get in." Shining Armor said but then saw Princess Cadance walk by.

"You like her don't you?" Forrest asked as he could tell right away, because that was how he looked at Jenna.

"Well, yeah, but she's a princess. She'd never go for a stallion like me."

"Why not just ask her out? Maybe she'll say yes."

"Yeah then maybe we'll get married and live in a crystal castle with a baby alicorn."

"Yeah maybe, but you might be getting ahead of yourself," Forrest said. "Give it a shot, the worst she can do is say no."

***

"So what happened?" The unicorn asked.

"He asked her out eventually and well I think you can figure out what happened. After the wedding they went to see a play called Crystal Heart and I kind of lost touch with them. Oh there was also something about a giant shadow that made ponies glow, I don't really know how that works."

"Uh, okay."

"It was quite a wedding. I didn't have a chance to talk to the princess much, but I saw another pony from the princess's side of the family."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I could tell she was related to the princess because she all had a horn and wings too. She also had holes in her body, I think that was some sort of a birth defect. She brought a bunch of creatures that look a lot like her and let me tell you, they were some serious party animals because they were just flying all over the place. But it got out of control and they started attacking ponies. I had to fight off quite a few, Princess Celestia was mighty upset not that I blame her, they made quite a mess because after they were forced out of Canterlot. Lieutenant Stan led the task force to where they all lived."

After the changeling invasion was stopped Princess Celestia didn't want them to get another chance to invade again so she located where they lived and ordered the royal guard to attack.

They had a few problems such as the unicorns and the royal pony sisters not able to use their magic because of the queen's throne and the changeling's home being very difficult to travel through. But they broke their way in and even got help from a changeling named Thorax that guided them through the hive.

"I guess that relative was the black sheep of the family or something, I still wish we didn't have to fight so much it was down right brutal. And it was really a shame what happened to Apple John."

"Wait did he die?!"

"Oh no, no he didn't die, he broke both his wings and I had to fly him out of there so a doctor could look at him. He recovered but he couldn't really fly as well as he could after that. A lot of other ponies were hurt, but I got them out.”

"I imagine that wasn't easy."

"Well actually it's more complicated than that. I was trying to get Apple John out and got attacked from behind and was injured right in my rump."

"Your rump?"

"Eeyup, right in my rump well a bit at the top of my legs too really but mostly my rump. It was really more painful than you might think. After that I went back in to look for others that might have been hurt and saw Princess Celestia on the ground and she looked really hurt. I got her out of there as quickly as I could, which wasn't easy. She was heavy."

"You rescued Princess Celestia!"

"Yeah and she was very thankful to me because I was given the medal of honor not too long after."

"Hold on, the medal of honor, that's the biggest award in the royal guard."

"Yeah, and it's really shiny too." Forrest then remembered when he was given the metal.

***

After the fight with the changelings Forrest was brought in front of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. "For your bravery and kindness I award you the medal of honor," Princess Celestia said as she presented it to Forrest.

"Thanks, it’s shiny."

"Where were you injured again?" Princess Luna asked.

"Right in the rump."

"Huh I'd kind of like to see that," Princess Celestia said. After a second of considering it Forrest turned around and bent over showing the mark the injury made.

"Oh my," Princess Celestia said as she and her sister’s faces turned red. Forest left shortly after that to visit his hurt friends.

"A rather interesting character that one huh sister?" Princess Luna said.

"That I simply can't deny."

***

"You mooned the princesses? She didn't fire you did she?" The unicorn asked.

"No. We quit not too long after that."

"We?"

"Apple John was offered the chance to resign from the task force as well as the royal guard in general because he got hurt," Forrest answered. "I decided to quit too since it wouldn't be as fun without my wing pony. Lieutenant Stan thought about quitting but decided to take some time off instead. But first both of them had to get out of the hospital first."

"What about being Wonderbolts? Did you stay with them?"

"Well Apple John couldn't since what happened but he insisted I stay on. Lieutenant Stan while taking his break wanted to repay me somehow for helping him and after a while he was able to."

"Really how did he do that?"

"Well while I was helping Apple John fly a little better when he and Lieutenant Stan got out of the hospital, we found out about this really cool game called Buck Ball. It's a game where 2 teams of 3 ponies, each a different pony. Well not us, we were a special case. Lieutenant Stan helped us play and Apple John played the position that Earth ponies usually have as long as we tied his wings down. He didn't mind since he still wasn't all that good at using his wings yet."

"I've heard about Buck Ball. It can be pretty hard. Were you 3 any good?"

"I'd like to think so, we won a lot. Apple John couldn't fly during the game but since we were both trained by the Wonderbolts and the royal guard he was just as fast on the ground as I was in the air and Lieutenant Stan had us covered with his magic. We were so good we won some sort of championship.”

“That was when Lieutenant Stan decided to go back to the royal guard, and I was invited to the castle again, and I got to meet Princess Celestia again. When we took him to Canterlot castle to see him off I met a special somepony."

"Who?" The unicorn asked.

***

"Jenna!" Forrest called out having seen his friend at Canterlot castle. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you," Jenna answered. "I know this is sudden but, you wanna go around town?"

"Sure Jenna." So Forrest and Jenna left the party and went over Canterlot hanging out just like the good old days. The 2 of them had a great time when suddenly they cut through a rather rough neighborhood and were jumped by some thugs.

Those poor thugs never had a chance.

"Forrest you're hurt!" Jenna said since 1 thug got a lucky cut at his back right leg. It wasn't that deep and Forrest didn't even feel it because of the adrenaline.

"Oh that's okay. You aren't," Forrest answered. After they got out of there Jenna treated his injury.

"Forrest, why did you do that?" Jenna asked. "You could have gotten a lot more hurt than this."

"I didn't though. Besides, I didn't want them to hurt you."

"Forrest, why are you so good to me?"

"I love you," Forrest answered rather bluntly. Jenna was a little surprised to hear that Forrest never said anything like that to her before. But in a way, she always knew he felt that way.

"Do...Do you really mean that Forrest?"

"Why would I say something I didn't mean?" And after he answered Jenna kissed Forrest right on his lips and he kissed back. However a little after that Jenna had to board a train she told Forrest she was gonna travel around Equestria because she wanted to find herself. Forrest didn't really understand why she didn't just buy a mirror, but he didn't have time to ask because he was found by some royal guards and was called back to the castle for the end of the party. "Bye, bye Jenna."

"Is there some kind of problem?" Forrest asked the guards.

"No, your friend Apple John was wondering where you were," One of the guards answered.

***

"Hey, can I interrupt for a second?" The unicorn next to Forrest asked.

"You kind of just did."

"Sorry. Well I was just wondering if your friend Apple John said he wanted to make apple trees or something like that here in Vanhoover did he ever do that? I mean I know there are apple trees here but were you and Apple John involved with that?"

"Well it's funny you asked that because I was just about to tell you about that."

"Really?"

"Yeah it was when I went back to the party and met up with Apple John."

***

When Forrest got back to the castle Apple John explained how he wanted to finally go to Vanhoover. Apple John already had bought some property there by the time he and Forrest got there and also bought a lot of trees from his relatives. The trees were sent to Vanhoover by trains because Apple John thought it was time to plant them there and the 2 stallions, along with some hired help Apple John got, went toward planting them.

"It took us a while to plant all those trees but we got it done." As Forrest explained that he recalled what Apple John said to him after they finished planting the trees.

"What do you mean 3 to 4 years?" Forrest said somewhat shocked at what he just heard.

"We planted the trees, but they’re still rather young. It’ll take a while for trees to grow," Apple John said.

"I guess we'll just have to wait," Forrest said.

"I can handle things here during the waiting period," Apple John said. "You don't have to stay here the whole time."

"Oh okay I do feel like flying to the store."

***

"So after watering the trees I flew to the store but after that I felt like flying a little more. I thought maybe that I'd fly for those 3 to 4 years."

"Did you?"

"No, it got out of my system not too long after I started. But every once in a while I just felt like flying again. I still do actually."

"Oh, so what did you do afterwards?"

"Well I kind of felt like traveling around Equestria cause I thought I'd find something interesting. And I did, this one time I found a village where everypony had the exact same cutie mark."

"What the exact same one, no way."

"No really they all had equal signs. I didn't really have time to talk to them because I was heading to Canterlot to meet Princess Celestia for an idea I had. Never did find that village again I thought I did but the ponies there had different cutie marks."

***

While traveling, Forrest made sure to go back to Vanhoover every once in a while to help his friend. Sometimes he would fly, sometimes he would take the train, one time he walked there. 1 day he wondered if it would be nice to take a boat there. So Forrest requested an audience with Princess Celestia to talk to her about this stuff.

"You want to put a dock in Vanhoover?" Princess Celestia asked. "Other ponies have actually talked to me about this before. Why do you want to put the docks in Vanhoover? Economic structure? A chance to explore the lands just beyond Vanhoover?

"I just thought it would be fun to go there and maybe other places on a boat," Forrest answered. Princess Celestia couldn't help but giggle at the answer.

"I'll admit that is a new reason," Princess Celestia said. "I've been thinking about this for a while, but you've convinced me Forrest Stump."

"You can just call me Forrest. We're friends aren't we?" Forrest said.

"Indeed we are," The princess said after giggling again. "Okay Forrest, I can go there now but these things take time."

"That's fine I've been waiting for a while for something else anyway. I feel like flying there right now. Would you care to join me?"

"Well I don't really have anything planned here today for once," Princess Celestia said. "So, okay." Princess Celestia then flew to Vanhoover with Forrest. There she talked to several ponies who could help Forrest build the docks.

"Thanks for your help Princess Celestia."

"No problem."

"I feel like doing a little more flying. Would you like to join me?"

"You know that actually does sound fun and relaxing." The 2 ponies then flew off together.

It was then that the princess was attacked out of nowhere by a beam of magic that hit her wing. The princess was forced to land and she was quickly surrounded by a group of thugs who wanted to ponynap her and hold her for ransom. Forrest guided the princess to the ground and helped her fight. Even with an injured wing she was still more than capable of fighting, the thugs ran crying to their mommies.

Or at least they would if the princess didn’t trap them in a bubble.

***

"Wow, some ponies were actually stupid enough to try and ponynap the princess?" The unicorn asked after Forrest told him about the thugs.

"Yeah and believe you me they felt stupid when we, mostly the princess really, pounded them," Forrest replied. "After that Lieutenant Stan showed up with the captain."

"The captain of the guard?"

"No, the captain of the Wonderbolts," Forrest corrected.

"Wait, why was the Wonderbolt captain with Lieutenant Stan?"

"Those 2 have been close friends since they fought together that time I got my metal."

"They did?"

"Oh I guess I left that part out. See it was during that brutal battle I was telling you about, I guess I forgot because I kind of don't like to think about that, because again it was brutal. From how they explained it to me it went something like this."

***

During the attack on the changeling hive, Lieutenant Stan was separated from his squad. After that he had to fight off several changelings and got several serious injuries along the way afterwards he could barely stand and was alone with a changeling with murder in its eyes. It was about to finish Stan off before the Wonderbolt captain arrived and fought it off. "Can you still fly?" The captain asked.

"No," Stan answered. "Just leave me here and get out of here."

"What are you talking about? I can't just leave you here."

"It's fine this is the life I've chosen. My family has served Princess Celestia for generations. If I must die in service to her then so be it."

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU MORON!" The captain yelled, getting the attention of a few more changelings he had to fight as well. "Don't just give up because you're hurt and you're literally in the heart of the enemy," The captain said to Lieutenant Stan as he was fighting. "I can tell just by looking at you that you still have fight in you and if you can still fight, then fight! If things seem too tough try harder, never limit your challenges, challenge your limits. That's the same advice I give to anypony that comes to my academy."

***

"And to make a long story short, the captain convinced Lieutenant Stan to keep fighting. After a while they were separated after they got swarmed and that was around the time I helped him get out of there. But those 2 have been friends ever since. Anyway those 2 escorted the princess back to her castle to treat her wing. After that I traveled a bit and got back to Vanhoover with the docks and the apple trees and all that."

"Wait, so not only are you one of the owners of the apple acres here, you and your friend also run the docks here too?" The unicorn asked.

"Yeah."

"Out of curiosity did anything really interesting happen while you were traveling around Equestria?" The unicorn asked.

"Well there was this 1 time," Forrest said as he remembered a rough night of sleeping.

***

“Aw what a night, I ain't never gonna mix chocolate milk with apple cider ever again," Forrest said as he was forcing himself out of a bed in a bed and breakfast. He went outside to clear his head and while that was going on Princess Twilight was trying to raise the sun since Princess Celestia couldn't, since all the other alicorns gave their magic to her. "Well the sun ain't even up yet no wonder I'm so slee-" Forrest stopped when he saw the sun move around the sky until it stayed in place. "py?"

***

"Sweet Celestia, this is just unbelievable," The unicorn said. “I had no idea that I sat down next to one of the most interesting ponies in Equestria." The unicorn said as if that fact just kicked in. “But I do have one question: whatever happened to Jenna?"

"Well that's a good question."

***

Since the docks were finished around the time the apple trees were fully grown Forrest and Apple John were in charge of both. Then 1 day Jenna came to Vanhoover to see Forrest.

"Hello Forrest."

"Hi Jenna," Forrest said, very excited to see her.

***

"She just showed up like that out of nowhere?" The unicorn asked.

"Yeah, she told me she was done finding herself, I guess she finally bought a mirror. Anyway we hung out like the good old days, Jenna and I were inseparable and I wanted it to stay that way so we got married in Vanhoover.”

"Was it one of those large weddings?"

"It wasn't at first but we needed to make it big when we got letters from ponies that really wanted to come. Spitfire and Shining Armor and their friends and family came along too."

"Wait. I get Shining Armor but the captain of the Wonderbolts?"

"Do you remember that filly I gave the pin to?" The unicorn nodded. "That was her, she told me how much I inspired her after she returned my pin. She wasn't the captain anymore actually I think she was retired by the time she came to my wedding. The new captain is Raining Dashie or something like that.”

“Anyway, a lot of ponies tried to get in because of them and Princess Celestia who was the pony that married us. But we were sure to only let ponies who were invited get in." After that Forrest saw the ship he was waiting for arrived at the port.

"Hey there's the ship, it was nice to meet you!" Forrest said as he left the bench and flew over there, the unicorn himself was shocked as he checked his watch and learned that 2 hours had passed since he started talking to Forrest.

"I can't believe it," The unicorn said and as it turned out the pony he was waiting for was also getting off that ship. It was a pony who was going to interview him for a possible job and he ran over there himself. While running he ran into Forrest again who was reunited with his wife Jenna and his son Forrest Junior, who left for a while to visit Jenna's relatives.

"Excuse me Forrest, in all the excitement I forgot to ask, I'm going to meet somepony today for a job at the docks here. I was wondering if maybe you could recommend me if you wouldn't mind?"

"Oh sure no problem."

"Oh good you're right here," another unicorn getting off the ship said. "We can start the interview."

"Excuse me?" Forrest said.

"Yes, can I help- Mr. Stump sir!" The other unicorn said changing his tone when he saw his boss.

"You actually can help me, can you hire my new friend?"

"Sure sir, you're hired."

"Thank you very much see you 2 later," Forrest said as he left with his family.

"Who was that pony anyway dear?" Jenna asked.

"Huh weird, I never asked him what his name was. I'll have to remember to ask him later."

"Do you know who that pegasus was?" The other unicorn asked, shocked at seeing one of the ponies that runs the entire docks.

"Yes I do," the unicorn that was sitting on the bench said as he smiled. "That was Forrest, Forrest Stump."

The End

Author's Note:

Re-edited on July 9th, Tom Hank's birthday. This fan fiction is a parody/homage to his greatest performance of the greatest stories of all time Forrest Gump. I toned down the darker parts from the movie to help make the fan fiction it's own thing. That's what I think every homage or parody or satire should be, it's own thing.
The part about Appleloosa getting destroyed is a theory of mine. There's a comic about how Trixie got her cutie mark and it shows her in Appleloosa when she's just a filly so I think that one is the original and the one in the show is a new one

I hope you enjoyed.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment