• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 3,710 Views, 68 Comments

Would You Kindly? - JXWheeler



What risks would you take to protect daughters that are not yours, in a body born from fiction?

  • ...
4
 68
 3,710

The Terrors of the Moon (1/2)

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters, who along with their father, ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger brought out the moon to begin the night. The father aided both sisters with his wisdom and an embrace they can use to quell their worries and fears. Thus, the two sisters and their father maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects: all the different types of ponies.

But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. Unfortunately, this had a similar impact on the father that did not like seeing one of his daughters in such pain. One fateful day, the younger unicorn, with support from their father, refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with them, but the bitterness in the young one's heart, and the father’s, had transformed them into a wicked mare of darkness, and a twisted being of metal, Nightmare Moon and Terror Drill: Nightmare Moon vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night.


Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponydom: The Elements of Harmony! Using the magic of The Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister and their father, banishing them permanently in the moon. The elder sister took on responsibility for both the sun and the moon, and harmony has been maintained in Equestria for generations since.

Legend has it that on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in their escape, and they will bring about nighttime eternal once more.

------

Mayor Mare stepped up to the podium and cleared her throat to get everypony’s attention. “Fillies and gentlecolts, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!” She stated happily with a big smile on her muzzle.

Throughout the entire building, loud cheering could be heard from everypony that was present within. Eventually, Mayor Mare raised her hoof to silence the cheering.

“In just a few moments our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year. Now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria--”

Twilight Sparkle looked up fearfully at the moon, and watched as the stars finished aligning themselves. As soon as the image of the diver helmet alongside the image of a mare’s head disappeared, Twilight’s fear was confirmed.

“This can’t be good…” Twilight said worriedly to herself.

“Princess Celestia!” Mayor Mare shouted happily as music from Fluttershy’s bird band began, and the curtains were pulled back.

However, Princess Celestia was nowhere to be seen, much to everypony’s dismay.

Rarity looked behind the open curtains to see if Princess Celestia had simply missed her cue, but gasped when she saw that the Princess was indeed nowhere to be seen. “She’s gone!” The unicorn called out in worry.

That’s when a purple mist flew in through an open window before making it’s way to the balcony where Princess Celestia was supposed to be. It then began to swirl in place, an evil laughter echoing from it that was heard throughout the room. From within the mist, two figures appeared. One is a pure black Alicorn with a flowing mane that looked almost exactly like the night sky, with dark purple armor that covered her hooves, withers, and head. Her eyes are snake-like while her teeth looked as sharp as manticore teeth.

The second figure, however, was a giant dark blue diving suit, that looked more demonic rather than a simple suit a deep sea diver would wear with a giant glowing red glass circle in the middle of the helmet, a crescent moon symbol on his chest, and a spinning drill for his right hand. On his back was an oxygen tank that served little purpose aside from adding to his intimidating look.

Twilight Sparkle backed up a bit in fear. “Oh no… Nightmare Moon and Terror Drill!”

Nightmare Moon walked up to the edge of the balcony and extended her dark wings as Terror Drill walked up next to her, his drill spinning.

“Oh, my beloved subjects. It has been so long since we’ve seen your precious little sun-loving faces.” Nightmare Moon said in a mocking tone.

“What did you do with our Princess?” A light-blue pegasus named Rainbow Dash, whom has a rainbow mane and tail, demanded before trying to fly towards the laughing mare.

“Whoa there, Nelly!” Applejack, an orange earth pony with a brown stetson hat, and a blonde mane and tail tied into ponytails, said before grabbing Rainbow Dash’s tail with her mouth, stopping her friend from flying to her doom.

Terror Drill just stared down at the rainbow-maned pegasus before he spoke in a deep voice. “You mean the same Princess whose ignorance and pride pushed away the sister she claimed to have loved? She is somewhere you little foals won’t be able to find.”

Nightmare Moon then stood up on her hind legs and draped her hooves over the shoulders of Terror Drill from behind. “What? Am I not royal enough for you? Do you all not know who I am?!” She asked in an offended tone.

A pink pony known as Pinkie Pie, whom has a pink poofy mane and tail, started hopping up and down in excitement. “Ooh! Ooh! More guessing games! Um... Hokey Smokes and Drill Bits! How about Queen Meanie and King Grumpy? No! Black Snooty and Blue Snobby!--”

She was promptly silenced by a cupcake that Applejack stuffed in her mouth.

Nightmare just continued her questioning, ignoring Pinkie Pie’s antics. “Does my crown no longer count, now that we have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?”

Twilight felt a surge of confidence fill her, causing her to take a step forward. “I did, and I know who you two are. You're the Horrors of the Moon. Nightmare Moon and Terror Drill.”

Nightmare Moon let go of Terror Drill and instead placed her hooves on the balcony railing, staring down at the lavender pony with purple mane and tail which has a pink highlight in them. “Well well well, somepony who remembers us. Then you also know why we’re here.”

Twilight felt the confidence she had a moment ago quickly fade away as she struggled to say the words. “You’re here to… to…” Instead of finishing her sentence, she decided to swallow the lump that had formed in her throat.

Nightmare Moon and Terror Drill both just laughed at Twilight’s hesitance, much to her dismay.

“Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!” As Nightmare Moon threw her front hooves into the air, lightning struck outside putting both Nightmare Moon and Terror Drill in a menacing light.

Mayor Mare decided she had heard enough and pointed at the duo with her hoof. “Seize them! Only they know where the Princess is!” She yelled as two of the Royal Guards flew off towards the villains.

Terror Drill took a defensive stance as he saw the guards flying towards them. “Get out of my face!” He shouted as he used his left hand to swat one of the guards away.

Nightmare Moon then charged up magic in her horn. “Stand back, you foals!” She called out before shooting a magic bolt at the other guard, causing the pegasus to fall to the ground.

Once the guards were down, Nightmare Moon put her hooves around Terror Drill as they once more turned back into purple mist and flew out the window.

At that point, Rainbow Dash broke free of Applejack’s teeth and flew out the window before stopping a few feet afterwards. “Come back here!” She called out before spotting Twilight running out of the building. “Where is she going?”

Forty minutes later

Twilight Sparkle sighed as she walked through the Everfree Forest with the five other ponies that came with her. “So none of you have been in here before?” She asked curiously.

Rarity shook her head at the question. “Heavens no! Just look at it - it's dreadful.”

Applejack decided to back-up Rarity’s answer with her own. “And it ain't natural. Folks say it don't work the same as Equestria.”

Twilight Sparkle just raised an eyebrow. “What's that supposed to mean?”

Rainbow Dash slowly hovered towards while making her voice sound spooky. “Nopony knows.” She said before landing on her hooves and began to slowly creep towards Twilight, causing the mare in question to begin stepping back worriedly. “You know why?”

Applejack just scowled before trying to stop this. “Rainbow, quit it.”

However, it was in vain since Rainbow Dash just ignored her. “Because every pony who's ever come in, has never come OUT.” She emphasized the last word even further by shouting it to the mare while doing a single hop.

It took Twilight a second to compose herself after Rainbow Dash put her on edge with her spooky act. Once she did though, she just shook her head and continued walking until they came to the edge of a cliff. “Looks like we have to find a way down girls, let’s go around then and hope we don’t get lost.”

---------

Terror Drill watched the girls from behind a tree, waiting until they got to the edge of the cliff. Once there, he decided to make his appearance by stepping around said tree. “I have you now you foals!” He called out as he revved up his drill before slamming it into the ground. The result that had was causing a chunk of the edge to come off and begin sliding down the cliff, much to the horror of the six screaming ponies. “Have a nice fall!” Feeling like his job was done, Terror Drill just laughed before he turned into purple mist and flew off into the distance.

Rainbow Dash, who was hovering once the ledge fell, called out after Terror Drill. “That pun was bad and you should feel bad!” She then flew down alongside Fluttershy to help catch Twilight once Applejack let go of her.

“I don’t know Dashie, I thought it was kind of funny.” Pinkie responded as she hopped down the destroyed cliff, using the ledges that the destruction made when the cliff broke.

--------

Deep within the now abandoned castle of the two sisters, Terror Drill once more materialized back into his physical form. “Knowing what I know about the timeline, and how long it took for me to find this place, they should be at the broken bridge by now.” He said to himself before sighing. “I just wish it didn’t have to involve Woona being like this. No doubt this will leave her so mentally damaged she would need therapy.”

At that moment another voice spoke to him within his mind. “Why are you still bothering with your timeline nonsense?” The voice scolded. “Your simple presence alone has already altered it if anything.”

Terror Drill just sighed sadly before nodding his head. “You may be right about that, but if I hadn’t come when I did, then those two would have died that day. Face it, you will never have full control over me!” He declared. “Most of your power is already in Woona.”

The voice just growled at that. “You were the one that allowed me entry, and I was the one that allowed you to speak as a result instead of you grunting. Taking over Luna was my real goal, you simply helped me achieve it quicker.”

“Well, once the Elements of Harmony get used, you will be history and everything will be peaceful once again.” Terror Drill retorted.

“We shall see about that Mr. Bubbles. I shall win this night, one way or another. After all, only one Princess is needed for this land, and you are no longer needed for your timeline preservation nonsense.” The voice responded with an evil chuckle, causing Terror Drill to get a shiver down his spine.

That’s when Nightmare Moon appeared next to him after coming out of her tornado like form, five sphere-shaped rocks falling to the ground next to her afterwards. Unfortunately, Twilight also dropped from the tornado earlier, but on the other side of the room.

----

Nightmare Moon stared down at the unicorn with an evil chuckle, whom was coughing before going into a charging stance. This caused Nightmare Moon to give Twilight a flat-eyed stare. “You’re kidding. You’re kidding right?”

Terror Drill, for his part, revved up his drill and ran towards the now charging Twilight alongside Nightmare Moon. However, Twilight teleported past them and in front of the rock spheres.

Twilight lit up her horn with magic, pointing it towards the rocks. “Just one spark. Come on, come on. Aah!” She yelped as she got blown back by a magic blast sent by Nightmare Moon when she turned into dark blue mist and flew in front of her.


Nightmare Moon looked down in fear as the rocks started glowing with power. “No, no!” However, the rocks then fizzled out as if nothing happened.


Twilight Sparkle gasped when she saw this. “But... where's the sixth Element?!”

Nightmare Moon started laughing once more as she raised her hooves in the air and brought them down onto the ground with enough force to shatter the rocks into pieces. “You little foal! Thinking you could defeat me? Now you will never see your princess, or your sun! The night will last forever!” Her evil laughter once again resumed.

Terror Drill, for his part, stayed at the doorway, staring down at the quickly approaching ponies with his red glowing light from his helmet. “You foals aren’t getting past me. Your friend is doomed!” He knew what was supposed to happen, but he still had to play the role of a villain for as long as he could keep what's left of his sanity intact, and his mind free from Limelight's control.

“That’s what you think!” Rainbow Dash shouted before flying towards Terror Drill, aiming a flying kick tight at his glass visor shattering it inwards and into the darkness that hid whatever was inside.

Terror Drill screamed in rage as he placed his hand on the broken visor, now blinded without it. His blindness caused him to start lashing out with his drill in random directions.

“Yikes!” Rainbow responded as she quickly flew over one of the swings.

“Whoa nelly!” Applejack ducked and barely missed getting struck by the drill.

With how much Terror Drill was swinging, it was hard for any of the girls to get past him in the narrow doorway. However, Applejack decided enough was enough and turned around before lashing out with her back hooves.

It caught Terror Drill in the chest, a few snaps of bone being heard, before causing him to go flying across the room.

----

Twilight looked back at Terror Drill whom was currently keeping the girls from entering the room and tried to run to their aid, only to be lifted up in magic and tossed against the wall next to her.

“Your fight is with me, Twilight Sparkle!” Nightmare Moon scolded as she lifted Twilight up in her magic once more, now slowly choking her by putting pressure on her throat. “It’s too bad you and your friends won’t be around much longer to see my glorious everlasting night. Any last words?”

Twilight slowly opened her eye, making an attempt to say something only to see a shadow getting bigger under her. She smirked before saying one simple word. “Quack.”

“Huh?” Nightmare Moon raised an eyebrow before looking up only to see Terror Drill before he landed on top of her in a motionless heap. “Ugh! Get off of me!” She yelled as her magic holding Twilight faded away.

Once she was released, Twilight took in a big breath of air before looking over to her friends. That’s when realization hit her making her eyes sparkle. “You think you can destroy the Elements of Harmony just like that? Well, you’re wrong, because the spirits of the Elements of Harmony are right here!” She began while gesturing towards her friends.

“What?” Nightmare Moon was clearly confused by that statement.

Pointing to Applejack, she continued. “Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt, represents the spirit of… Honesty!” As she said this, the shards of one of the rocks started swirling around Applejack with an orange glow.

Twilight then pointed to her next friend. “Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with her compassion, represents the spirit of... Kindness!” The shards of the second rock began glowing pink before they swirled around a timid Fluttershy.

Pointing to her third friend, Twilight continued. “Pinkie Pie, who banished fear by giggling in the face of danger, represents the spirit of... laughter!” The third shattered rock started glowing blue before it too began swirling around Pinkie whom was hopping in excitement.

With a smile that was getting even bigger by the second, she pointed to her fourth friend. “Rarity, who calmed a sorrowful serpent with a meaningful gift represents the spirit of... generosity!” Getting covered in a purple glow, the shards of the fourth rock floated over to the mentioned pony.

Finally, Twilight Sparkle pointed towards her last friend. “And Rainbow Dash, who could not abandon her friends for her own heart's desire represents the spirit of... loyalty!” Just like the four shattered rocks before it, the shards of the fifth rock glowed red before floating over to the pony in question.

As the ponies behind Twilight stared at her with slight concern,Twilight Sparkle continued to speak. “The spirits of these five ponies got us through every challenge you threw at us.”

Nightmare Moon was now in a state of panic as she tried finding a way out. That’s when she remembered there were six Elements, but only five were named. “You still don't have the sixth Element! The spark didn't work!”

Twilight Sparkle’s look of determination only got more firm from that remark. “But it did!” She then turned to face her friends with a smile. “A different kind of spark. I felt it the very moment I realized how happy I was to hear you, to see you, how much I cared about you. The spark ignited inside me when I realized that you all... are my friends!” She then turned back to the pinned down villain, a sixth sphere-shaped rock appearing above her. “You see, Nightmare Moon, when those Elements are ignited by the... the spark, that resides in the heart of us all, it creates the sixth Element: the Element of... magic!”

As she said this, the shattered fragments each started to merge together along the necks of the ponies they were floating around. In their place, a necklace shaped in each of the girl’s cutie marks were seen hanging from their necks. The orb floating above Twilight slowly came down and glowed with a bright light before forming a crown on Twilight’s head in the shape of her own cutie mark. Once the Elements were formed, the girls slowly rose up in a white glow, causing a rainbow to swirl around them upwards before shooting directly at Nightmare Moon and Terror Drill.

When Nightmare Moon saw this, she started screaming in terror, and did not stop as the rainbow swirl formed a tornado around them both and lifted them into the air, obscured by the many colors.

Twilight’s eyes then opened slowly to show nothing but pure white irises before the same white light engulfed the entire room.

Author's Note:

Yes this is a displaced story, and yes I am going to be focusing on this now.