• Published 2nd Jul 2017
  • 319 Views, 2 Comments

New Best Friends - FionnaSkribbles



Blazing Metal goes to a trip with the Cutie Mark Crusaders to Canterlot to spend some quality time together!

  • ...
 2
 319

Day One

"When are we goin' to Canterlot?" Apple Bloom asked. "In a few minutes, Apple Bloom!" Pinkie answered. The four ponies decided to go to Canterlot for a week to take a break from baking, while the other two decided to stay to maintain Sugarcube Corner. "We've all been to Canterlot, right?" Blaze asked. "Yeah," Scootaloo said, "You lived there before, we've all been there during the royal wedding." She continued. "Where were you during all that?" Sweetie Belle questioned. "Well," He turned into a changeling.

"Being a changeling has its benefits." He smirked. "I just blend in."

"But wait what about the barrier?" Rainbow Dash asked eyes widened. "Dude, I used to live there even before the wedding." He responded. "How about the huge explosion the removed all of the changelings?" Pinkie asked too. "I'm a hybrid I wasn't affected by it."

"Do you know how to use your magic?" Sweetie Belle questioned using her own magic to lift a teacup. "What's the point of using my magic if I can't even transform in public." He complained. "Hmm, good point. But you can still use it except in public right?" Sweetie continued. "Yeah, I can." He said levitating the teacup that Sweetie was levitating.

"That's no fair you can use magic AND fly," Scootaloo complained, hovering a few inches from the ground. "But I can't use magic outside remember..." Blaze repeated. "Oh! It's quarter to three! You squirts have to go!" Said Rainbow. "Can you stop calling us that?" Blaze joked. "Hey, have you guys seen Cottontail?" He asked. "He's in the kitchen with Gummy," Rainbow said. "I'm gonna bring him with me and I'll follow you guys." He said.

"Alright! See you outside!" Pinkie said.

Blaze went into the kitchen and found his bunny eating cookies from a jar. "Cottontail? I told you not to eat the cookies." He said picking up the bunny booping his nose. "Alright let's go we're going to Canterlot!" Blaze said and the bunny's ears drooped. "Don't worry it's just for a week." He said and he put Cottontail on his head. "Alright, I'm here!" Blaze exclaimed and the ponies went to the Ponyville train station.

****

"Bye, guys! Send us a letter when you get there!" Pinkie said waving her hoof while the train left the station.

The four sighed when the train departed. "Where are we gonna live with again?" Sweetie Belle asked. "Since Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are famous well... you already know. They want to make us live in the castle for a week!" Scootaloo said excitedly. "You mean we're gonna..." Apple Bloom's voice trailed off from excitement. "Yeah!" Sweetie Belle said Cottontail covered his ears as the ponies squealed in delight and everyone on the train looked at the four.

"Sorry." Sweetie Belle squeaked, blushing.

A few hours later the train stopped at Canterlot. "Is anypony gonna pick us up?" Scootaloo asked. "I think we're on our own." Apple Bloom said while trying to look for their bags. "There's our bags." She pointed. "Blaze little help with your magic?" Sweetie Belle joked lifting the bags with her magic, putting them on a trolley. "Ha ha, really funny." He said rolling his eyes.

A few minutes later the four was walking down and saw a cafe. "Wanna go there?" Blaze asked. "I dunno I don't have any bits." Sweetie Belle said.

"I'll buy for you guys." He said.

"Alright," Said the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Blaze rolled his eyes.

"What do you guys want?" He asked. "We'll all just have cocoa," Scootaloo said. "Alright," and turned around to order. The barista that was on the counter and was looking bored, idly reading a magazine. "What's your order?" She asked, not even bothering to look at Blaze. "Four hot chocolates please." He said and Cottontail pulled his mane. "Aw! What do you want?" Blaze said and the buny pointed at a donut. "Alright and one donut." He said

"Ten bits," She said and Blaze gave her the exact amount of bits needed.

Blaze sat down with the Crusaders and waited for the order. "I forgot how everyone is a jerk in Canterlot." He complained. "Don't worry we've been through worse." Apple Bloom joked. Blaze pulled out his music player then realized something. "Oh Celestia," He exclaimed. "I left my headphones in Ponyville. Do you guys have spare?" He asked. "I have one," Sweetie Belle said, handing him a set of blue earbuds. "Thanks," He said. "Hey look it's blue unlike yours." Scootaloo joked. "Ha, ha very funny,"

After about two minutes the barista served the cocoa on the table.

"Enjoy," She said flatly and the Blaze coughed uncomfortably. Sccotaloo took the first sip. "Man, this is some good cocoa." She said. "Hey, you used to live in Canterlot before. Where are your grandparents?" Apple Bloom asked. "They're on the other side of town. I don't want to visit them." He grumbled. "Why not?" Sweetie Belle said and Apple Bloom looked at her. "He doesn't like to talk about them." She whispered.

"Oh," Sweetie said. "You know what nevermind." She said waving her hoof to simply to dismiss the subject.

Ad they finished their drinks the group saw a bat pony outside walk by. "Check out the bat pony." Sweetie Belle said. "I know she's so cute..." Scootaloo said. "I-I mean, yeah I know, check her out." She blushed. "Oh, Scootaloo I didn't know you were, you know..." Apple Bloom said while the others giggled. "S-shut up." She protested weakly. While they were not looking a thief managed to steal Blaze's music player. "Hey!" He yelled and went outside. "That thief stole my music player!" He said angrily and the bat pony's eyes widened and she started chasing the thief.

"Woah, should we follow them?" Sweetie Belle said. "Dude, the thief got my MP3 player, of course, we're gonna follow them!" He protested.

Blaze was running, Cottontail held on to him and the Cutie Mark Crusaders followed him. The bat pony who'd been chasing the thief caught up to him and tackled him pinning him against the ground. "Return the MP3 player." She growled while the thief tried to fly away as she pinned him harder.

"Give it."

"Alright here! Take it, kid!" He said and he threw the player to Blaze and the pony let go of the thief and he ran away. "You alright?" Sweetie Belle said helping the pony. "Thanks for stopping the thief." Blaze said raising his hoof to help her stand. "Name's Blaze." He said smiling kindly. "You're welcome, my name's Aurora you can call me Ari." Wiping the remaining dirt off her.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders introduced themselves one by one.

"I'm Sweetie Belle." She said happily.

"I'm Apple Bloom." She raised her hoof for a shake which Ari shook.

"And I'm Scootaloo." She said trying to sound confident.

"How'd you learn how to do that?" Apple Bloom asked impressed. "I'm one of Princess Luna's guards." She said. "I only work every time my dad is busy or sick. I used to practice every weekend." She explained. "Are you off today?" Scootaloo asked. "Yeah, I am. I'm barely there at the castle so." Ari answered and she tilted her head, in confusion. "Well, we were wondering if you want to hang out with us." Scootalo suggested, and she was blushing slightly. Blaze, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle were trying to stifle their laughter.

"Yeah, sure! I could use some company." Aurora answered.

****

The three went back to the cafe and bought more cocoa, Blaze didn't have the exact bits to pay the barista. "It's fifteen bits." She complained and Ari walked towards Blaze. "Blaze, here's two bits." She said, handing him the bits. "Thanks." Blaze said. After another two minutes the five were sitting down on the same table they sat earlier.

"That was cool the way you tackled the thief!" Blaze exclaimed. "Can you teach us like some moves?" Apple Bloom asked. "I can but," She smirked. "Not in public." Ari noticed that Scootaloo was looking at her, her blush not going away. "Are you okay? You look uncomfortable since we've met." She said. "Oh, it's nothing she just has a little crush on you." Sweetie Belle giggled. "SWEETIE BELLE!" Scootaloo yelled. "Oh, you're...?" Ari said, blushing too, "I'm also, you know..." Blaze and the Cutie Mark Crusaders' eyes widened.

"You're not straight too?" Scootaloo whispered.

"Well I'm bi, but yeah I've had a marefriend before." She giggled. "Scootaloo, come on don't be shy," Sweetie said nudging her. "S-stop, um... Aurora, you want to go out sometime?" Scootaloo asked nervously.

"Of course Scootaloo," Ari said, smiling cutely. "You guys new here?" Ari asked. "Well, I used to live here before. But no we're just here for a week." Blaze exclaimed. "Oh," Ari said disappointedly.

"How old are you guys?" She asked. "Blaze is fifteen, Scootaloo and I are both twelve and a half and Sweetie is the youngest she's twelve." Apple Bloom explained. "You're fifteen? You look like you're eighteen" Ari said looking at Blaze. "Yeah, I get that a lot. People say I look like I'm eighteen or something." He said sheepishly. "How old are you?" Apple Bloom asked. "I'm sixteen."

She looked at Blaze and looked slightly annoyed. "Remove the jacket, kid. It's summer why would you wear a hoodie in the middle of summer?" She said. "Well, my dad gave it to me and it's sort of a big deal for me because I rarely see him. But alright I guess I can tie it at my waist." He said.

Apple Bloom was distracted by two rings on her ears. "When did ya get your ears pierced?" She asked. "When I was still a filly." She said showing off two her ring earrings. "A filly? Didn't your parents get mad at you?" Sweetie Belle asked. "They actually approved of it!" She said. "You should try getting some!" She suggested. "Where did you pierce your ears?" Scootaloo asked. "Oh, you want to get your ears pierced like right now?" Ari asked. "Yeah, seems fun!" Apple Bloom asked. "Well, I pierced my ears on the place near Minuette's place."

"Well then let's goooo!" Blaze said. "Wait you're getting your ears pierced too?" Scootaloo asked. "Why? There's nothing wrong with that." He said. "If he likes to do it, let him do it," Ari added. "Alright, let's go," Scootaloo said rolling her eyes.

****

An hour later the five walked out of the store. "Hey, Blaze do you have a spell to make the things heal faster?" Sweetie joked. "Haha, yes, I've never heard that joke before." Blaze said slightly annoyed. "What do you mean, Sweetie Belle? Blaze can do magic? He's a pegasus." Ari said confused. "Promise not to freak out when I reveal something big to you?" Blaze said fluttering a few feet from the ground.

"Wait, what?" Ari said her eyes narrowing, fluttering too as if she was ready to attack Blaze. "Hey, Blaze let's go to a private place first!" Scootaloo said nervously fluttering with them, pushing them to an alley. "Don't freak out." And Blaze turned into his changeling form. "What the!" Ari said and she suddenly tackled Blaze and Cottontail fell but he was immediately caught by Apple Bloom.

"Are you with someone? Where are the other changelings?" She demanded.

"I-I'm only half-changeling, I don't w-work for anyone." Blaze said shaking with fear. "Is he telling the truth?" Ari asked glaring at the Cutie Mark Crusaders. "He's not lying, he's a hybrid." Apple Bloom said. "Don't hurt him!" Sweetie Belle said. "Are you changelings too?" Ari said.

"They're not changelings, it's only me," Blaze said, who stopped struggling to escape. Cottontail hopped off Apple Bloom and went to Ari to pull her away from Blaze. "If you say so," Ari said sounding unsure. "If you do anything stupid I'm not gonna hesitate to hurt you." She glared at Blaze. "Calm down. I'm just a hybrid. I don't feed on love don't worry." Blaze said brushing off the dirt on him and Cottontail hopped back to Blaze's back.

"Hey, didn't the changelings become to have a new... you know... style?" Sweetie Belle said. "Yeah?" Blaze said confused. "And you're not even gonna change?" Scootaloo said. "Should I?" Blaze said.

"Yeah you should, I mean changelings are nice now. If you go out like that everyone will be afraid of you." Ari said.

"Alright then. Here goes nothing." Cottontail hopped of Blaze as he closed his eyes. He suddenly glowed and levitated mid-air. Suddenly a bright flash illuminated through the narrow alley.

Blaze landed on the ground making a slight, "oof" sound. "Blaze?" Apple Bloom said, coughing slightly. "Woah, Blaze," Scootaloo said from shock. "You look awesome!" She exclaimed.

She was right Blaze's coat was now pale orange his name and tail were the same color as his pony form except for the cyan ombre at the end of his mane and tail. His wings a few shades darker than his coat. The color of his carapace became cerulean and navy blue. His mandibles were scarlett red. "Woah, I'm gonna need time getting used to this," Blaze said looking at his new body. "You look like your pony form," Ari said.

"Really? Does anyone have a mirror?" Blaze asked. "I know a spell if I remember correctly," Sweetie said concentrating on her magic. A mirror suddenly popped out of thin air in front of Blaze. "Oh my Celestia, I do look like my pony form." And he transformed into his pony form and changeling form. "Huh, I might use this outside more often!" He said.

"You should! You look less 'evil', I guess?" Sweetie said. "Yes, that totally didn't offend me." He said annoyed. "Oh, I'm sorry," Sweetie said and she removed the mirror out of thin air. "No, it's ok. My classmates always teased me before so. I guess I've been through worse." He said.

"Anyways, I can finally use magic in public!" Blaze said lifting Cottontail with his new light orange aura. "Oh wow, new Aura, I've always hated the green one I had." He complained.

"I can finally use my magic outdoors!" He said and the others celebrated.

Author's Note:

People please give comments about my stories! I'd really like it if you guys gave me advise about my work!

Please give constructive criticism and not hate comments about how I suck at writing.