• Published 26th Jul 2017
  • 2,936 Views, 82 Comments

Assassination Club - Tythen



MLP/EQG Crossover with Assassination Classroom: Fluttershy gets in an accident with a New Teacher at CHS. She discovered more about his identity, and the events around her. A new club has been established, and those who joined are in for a ride...

  • ...
5
 82
 2,936

PreviousChapters Next
Week 1 Thursday: Leap of Faith

Thunderlane walked out of the school grounds with some much-needed relief after the afternoon classes. It's like the world has gone heavy on his shoulders! Well, now that that's done, it's time for him to go have fun!

"Thunderlane!" The two girls who picked him up this morning followed behind,

"Yo, Cloud, Flitter." Thunderlane smiled, "where do you guys want to go today?"

"Oh the usual, we can head off to the batting cave, skate park, I don't know..." Cloudchaser laughed,

"You've always been the one picking Thunderlane, we're just happy to tag along wherever you go!" Flitter finished,

"Okay then, let's say we go bowling?" Thunderlane gestured,

"Lead the way!" The girls laughed. With that, the three kids were out. Not knowing that a certain blue-haired figure was behind him...

CHS Special Tutorship Club Message Board

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Tutorship club message board! Here we can speak about help regarding our studies, and any other social or life questions! I created this so we'd be able to properly communicate when we can't meet up all the time! - Fluttershy

Did Mr Shiota set this up? - Flash Sentry

Yeah, he has no idea how to build one himself... - Fluttershy

Strange, I thought Neighpon is more technologically advanced than Equestria. - Soarin

Speaking of Mr Shiota, I think I saw him stalking Thunderlane after school. Think we should warn him now? - Fleetfoot

You'd probably warned him now already but... I don't think he's too caring about this club to read its messages. He was forced in it after all. Anyway, I trust Mr Shiota, so I know he's going to do the right thing. - Fluttershy

Alright then, if it's Mr Shiota, I'm sure he can do it! 😍 - Fleetfoot

Hey Soarin, can you keep an eye on your sports buddy? I fear that Mr Shiota did more than just hurt her sanity. -
Flash Sentry

Sure thing pal - Soarin


It was all afternoon of social activities from bowling to arcade machines, that one would assume they were on holiday instead of attending school.

"Looks like the sun's still standing high." Thunderlane observed, "how about we run over some rooftops?"

"Well..." Cloudchaser checked the time, "I think now's the time that we've got to head back home."

"Yeah, we've got some... Studying to do."

"Oh seriously?" Thunderlane replied, "surely that time can wait later for you."

"Well, Thunderlane." Cloudchaser sneered, "some of us haven't got the time to be lazy!"

"Expending the energy today doesn't seem like a lazy thing to me."

"You know what we're talking about." Flitter snickered,

"Speaking of which, you're the one who needs that the most!" Cloudchaser laughed, Flitter joined in with a giggle.

"Oh yeah? Both of your grades are just as bad as I am." Thunderlane countered, striking a nerve within her.

"Why you!!!" Cloudchaser growled, ready to charge with Flitter holding her back.

"Calm down Cloudy!" Flitter comforted, trying to properly grasp her volatile friend. "That's quite far Thunderlane!"

"Hey, I just said the same thing she told me." Thunderlane shrugged,

"Fair point, fair point," Flitter replied, letting go once Cloudchaser calmed down. "But seriously though. We all know that you are failing. But at least we try!"

"At least, can't you have a change or something? Like your attitude towards study in a way? I mean, the new teacher seemed quite concerned." Cloudchaser suggested,

"That so huh?" Thunderlane frowned, "then tell you what. Why don't you guys go home and mind your own business? Getting a teacher's attention is the last thing I ever want, especially from someone like him!"

"Calm down Thunder!" Cloudchaser replied, "I'm just joking! As if I'd want you to change. You're great as you are!"

"Yeah yeah..." Thunderlane smirked, "you girls go on out of here. I'll just go home."

"Bye!" Flitter smiled as the duo walked away from the boy.


Thunderlane slouched back to his own humble abode. A small apartment complex in the middle of a quiet district. Picking up the key underneath the doormat, he entered his home.

"Thunderlane!" A young voice came from the interior of the house, "big bro, you're home!"

"Heya Rumble." Thunderlane greeted, as a light grey boy ran towards him with a big embrace "long day with friends." He tousled his younger brother's hair. "Where's Dad and Mum?"

"They're going to be busy and won't come back until all night. It's just the two of us for dinner again."

"Great, let's hope it stays that way for a long time." Thunderlane laughed, "so what have you been up to at school?"

"Ah, nothing. Just happily playing around with my friends, spying on Scoots and the rest of the girls."

"Hey now, don't get yourself in trouble okay? We've got enough problems as it is." Thunderlane answered,

Rumble weakly smiled, then decided to bring up another topic. "Listen umm, you may not like it, but today, dad left some message for you."

Thunderlane's smile vanished, "what is it?"

"They just got another call from the school about your behaviour. And he and mum are planning to have Saturday lunch together as a family."

"What!?" A tone of anger raised in Thunderlane. "That's the exact same time that of the weekly parkour showcase!"

"I-I told them Big Bro." Rumble gulped, his fingers and legs trembling in fear of his brother prominent rage, "They merely responded with, 'We Love You' remarks."

"The hell they do!!!" Thunderlane bellowed, punching the wall. "They take away every opportunity at everything I love, and they think they're doing this out of love!? They're the ones who started all this bull!"

"Please!" Rumble grabbed Thunderlane, tears flowing out of fear, "don't leave! They have their reasons!"

"Let go!" Thunderlane yelled, violently shaking his brother's grasp away, and storming out of the house. A tearful young child crying at the sight of the slammed front door.

"B-B-Big bro..." Rumble cried, "th-they're not here! Please! Trust me..." Rumble was unable to talk any further as the pressure of his tears and emotions throws him into sobbing, sniffing and complete bawling.

"Excuse me?" An unfamiliar voice came from the door with a knock, breaking him from his state of tearful despair.

"Wh-Who are you?" Rumble asked through his tears,

"I'm your brother's teacher. Is it okay if I can come in?"

"Umm... No," Rumble replied, remembering the teachings of Stranger Danger, "I'm afraid I can't allow you to-"

"That's okay, I'm just looking for your brother." The voice spoke, "but trust me. I am completely harmless. I am his teacher after all, and my aim is to help him through his troubles. Isn't that what you want of your brother too?" Rumble, his heart-torn face, stopped to look up at the door with curiosity and light. Sniffing, he looks through the keyhole to see a face of Lapis Lazuli smiling innocently back at him.

"A-Are you sure?" Rumble asked,

"Like I said, you don't need to let me in. I'd just like to know where he usually hangs out."

"W-Well..." Rumble sniffed, his demeanour calmed down a bit, "he's never far from the house. He's always on the roofs of our street."

"I see, he still loves his parkour, that's great to know. Oh, and by the way, to show my trust, I'll tell you something--"


Thunderlane set his gaze on the dipping sun. His emotions full of fury and anger. The actions of his parents dug up his dark past and memories. From all the times he was prevented to attend something that he loves, except for his friends. One time, he was prevented from going to a Parkour Masterclass he saved up for, only to be replaced by an extended family outing. Another time, he was going to visit a parkour star for an autograph, but instead was forced along to come to a dinner with his parents business partners.

The worst of all, was how this all started. He and his mother was having a heated debate about a small accident that involved him and his parkour. He said something wrong that caused his mother to burst in tears and anger, and with his dad listening to the entire story, he furiously lashed out at his own son with blows and wounds and with that, the talk of any parkour-related activity is completely ignored or worse, opposed. To him, it seems that every single mistake that he made brings a boat-load of guilt and shame to those close to him, and it affects him especially when he or others begins 'challenging' or 'criticising' anything. Change through apathy, it torments him greatly, because he himself was a victim of apathy from his parents. It was only his young brother and his two friends that cared about him. Not even the many parkour stars out there were as caring as they are, regardless of how much he looks up to them. They were just idols who returned nothing but heartfelt thanks and empty support as they always had to be.

"Your brother's a really nice person. It's heartbreaking to see that such love for a brother rejected, you know?" A voice came from behind him again.

"You!" Thunderlane turned around in shock to see a figure he least expected.

"Hello, Thunderlane." Nagisa greeted, "Beautiful afternoon, isn't it?"

"What the hell are you doing here? What the hell did you say to my brother?"

"I asked, he gave, I received." Nagisa answered, "But before that, I made sure that he trusted in me as I trusted in you. Especially when there's a door separating us from our actual views. And it's great to see that you love him back!"

"Grr..." Thunderlane growled,

"I can see that you've got a lot of trouble stirring within your body." Nagisa explained, "a place where you can just let go of your negative feelings. I think reflection and prayer in a quiet spot like this are pleasant."

"Why the hell are you so interested in me?" Thunderlane threatened as he stood up in a hostile stance.

"I'll admit that no other teacher does this to their students, but what else can I say that I really care? After all, it's not uncommon to see a young human held back from his dreams by his parents."

"You know nothing of my pain!" Thunderlane growled,

"Well, I know the feeling of what parents can do to their children, and how their own pasts can affect them." Nagisa replied, "after all, you guys have it lucky. In my school, any trouble, disgraced, depressed and worthless students are sent to the lowest of classes, separated from the main school block."

"You're kidding me. Segregation?" Thunderlane looked up in shocking disgust,

"Not by ethnicity, gender or belief mind you, just our background, academic skill and behaviour. Because of that, we get a lot of crap from the other classes, so we don't really mind if we're away from them. Remember Thunderlane, I myself was like you, pessimistic and weak-willed. I know what it feels like to have parents force you to do something."

"Don't assume to know my parents!" Thunderlane roared,

"Then don't lie to yourself!" Nagisa roared back, "your face, breathing, your most spoken topic, I can easily tell your intentions on why you came here. Call it one of my assassination skills."

"Leave me alone..." Thunderlane growled, "leave me out of your class!"

"Let me repeat myself Thunderlane. I legitimately, and wholeheartedly care for you and your future. I don't mind what path you take, as long as you achieve it. That's why I'm here to talk to you, instead of your parents."

"...!" Thunderlane stood back. This teacher was crazy! He doesn't care about parents, he doesn't care about teachers. He just comes to him full on!

"Hey Thunderlane, I can definitely see why you like Parkour. So I'd like a proposition. I want you to give me a challenge with the sport you love. If you win, you won't have to come to the Special Tutorship Club anymore. I'll happily dismiss you and I'll explain to the teachers."

"What about you?" Thunderlane asked,

"Then properly attend the club. I promise you that I will make it worth your time, to make it meaningful to you. A win-win situation. You can't go wrong. All I ask is for your faith in me. Deal?"

"Deal, I'll make sure it's your funeral," Thunderlane smirked, examining the stature of his teacher. Perhaps he'll make things simple.

"A game of Cops and Robbers. Should be familiar to you, right?"

"Very fun to play."

"Not really if you're not good at parkour. You have 5 minutes to tag me three times. When you start or finally tag me, you count to 5 seconds, and you start or resume the chase. Simple enough?"

"Simple. Just one more thing." Nagisa nodded,

"And what is it?"

"You'd better watch out when discussing death with me." Nagisa grinned, thirsting for blood. "An assassin's job is always life-threatening, and they will always complete their job or survive with their lives at stake." Thunderlane stepped back in small shock but shook it off.

"Trying to psyche me out? I've had worse." Thunderlane smiled back with bravery.

"Well, you'd better set the alarm." Nagisa returned to his cheerful demeanour, "I've got my own watch to look at."

"Okay then!" Thunderlane prepped himself, set the timer ready, and stood firm. "Your time starts... Now!"


Thunderlane burst into speed and leapt right off the edge of the roof, landing perfectly on a neighbouring building. Quickly checking his timer, 5 seconds had gone. Looking back to see his hopefully powerless chaser, he hesitated at the lack of Nagisa's presence. Shaking it off once more, he decided to stay low, just for a tease. Quickly running down the staircase for fire emergencies, the runner slowed his pace down for a small break. A sigh of relief came from his lips. Looks like he's got the easy way out, guess he'll thank his teacher later for once. He gave a small chuckle of victory as a cold hand swiftly gripped his shoulder. Nagisa smiled as his student turned around in sudden shock and horror.

"That's one Thunderlane." Nagisa counted, "you've got another five seconds to run freely." Taking that warning, Thunderlane scrambled back up the roof, reminding himself never to be cocky. Taking a new strategy, he decided to hang back up on the roofs. He crouched low and opened his ears to listen for any out-of-ordinary sounds. The question is, how? How did he manage to get so fast to the ground? Checking the time, only half a minute has passed. What was this? What is he!? To be caught so fast...

"sss..." A cold-blooded aura slithered behind him, spurring him to quickly run and jump to another rooftop. What in the heck was that!? He looked around more carefully.

"Hey! That was quite perceptive of you!" Nagisa called from behind. Waving at the same location Thunderlane was a few seconds ago. "You know, it's interesting that you caught notice of me! Nice dodge, otherwise it's another catch."

"Wh-Who are you!?" Thunderlane roared,

"Didn't I tell you? I'm an assassin! I never leave my mark!" The bloodthirsty smile came back. "So you'd better stop wasting time asking questions, and get running!" Thunderlane immediately took heed and rushed back to the interior of the building he was on. Hiding in the darkness of the hallways. He laid low and silent, feeling cautious more than ever. Alright, it looks like a minute and a half has passed.

"What's wrong?" A voice echoed through the room. Thunderlane sprang to fearful alert at the voice of his teacher. "Guilt eating away at you?"

Thunderlane darted his head, the darkness of the room working against him.

"You know, hiding in dark areas isn't as safe as you might think, especially against an Assassin."

Damn it! Thunderlane can't pinpoint where his teacher is, frantically. He found a nearby door.

"I see what you're doing. Making haste for that door?" Without any second to waste, Thunderlane made a mad dash for it.

"Sorry, I also got that covered." A pair of hands slammed together right next to the runner, creating a loud clap that echoed throughout the room, but more importantly, straight into Thunderlane's Ear. With complete pain and shock, Thunderlane clutched his ears as the distorting clap echoed throughout his head. Giving a lot of time for the Assassin-skilled Sensei to lightly tap his renegade a second time.

"That's two times Thunderlane!" Nagisa spoke as Thunderlane slowly gained his senses back.

"No way..." Thunderlane was shocked, "that's not possible..."

"Tell you what, I'll give you 20 seconds to run this time." Nagisa offered, "that'll give you enough time to get a distance away from me, kay?"

"I won't lose!!!" Thunderlane taunted as he busted open the intended door and rushed through the window-placed hallways, the sun beginning to set even further, letting in the dark skies.

Impossible, Impossible! Thunderlane thought to himself. Was the teach really not joking when he claims to be an assassin? No... He wasn't like any of the other teachers. In fact, he really wasn't a teacher at all!

"I know it sucks when your parents don't approve of your dream. Probably because they've got their own dreams in mind for you." Nagisa's voice trailed.

Thunderlane ran again, this time out the door and into the outside rooftops once more. Looking around, he needs to find a place that can't be reached by normal means.

"sss..." The serpent's aura from before weaved around him once again. The runner immediately jumped across one or two more buildings.

"Even more when you see that the amount of effort that institutes and groups like schools or a group of friends build something because of their own beliefs, but others won't acknowledge it when assisting with the building. Friends with benefits, they call it?"

Trying to get the voice out of his mind, Thunderlane noticed a drainpipe leading up to one of the highest buildings on the street. Perfect! Without haste, Thunderlane quickly scrambled towards it and began making the climb.

"Ah yes... Climbing that will be a challenge. You know, I wonder. Is there some deeper meaning for you doing Parkour?"

Thunderlane climbed faster and faster, not out of determination, but out of complete fear.

"You don't care yourself. You only care about what you love. Education? It's nothing to you. All you've got is your ambition that doesn't require any knowledge, and you're done. But that's not what you feel at all. You feel great pain from it."

Thunderlane grasped the edge and pulled himself up. He found himself all alone, on the top of the world. To think he could take a breath of relief, he quickly looked around the now short buildings, hoping to spot his teacher.

"sss..." No... That feeling! Thunderlane quickly looked at the source. Nothing at all. He looked below the gutters. Not even a single speck of blue or azure. He quickly looked at his timer, only two and a half minutes.

"This may be a safe spot for you, but if I can get up there. It's game over." Nagisa called out, "no way to get out of there unless you plan on jumping off."

"L-Let's see you get up there!!!" Thunderlane taunted,

"Thunderlane, anyone can sense the lack of confidence backing your taunt." Nagisa called back, "do you know how much people hate getting taunted?"

"ssss.." The aura grew bigger. Thunderlane looked around, hoping to find an escape plan.

"As I said, no way out but death. Looks like you're stuck."

With those words, Thunderlane froze completely, his face began perspiring with anxiety.

"Parkour... Also known as Freerunning! It's a pretty dangerous and cardio-intensive discipline for sport." Nagisa continued speaking.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about!"

"You want to be yourself. You try to push away the shame and apathy of others, knowing full well that only a few or even one support you."

"Grr..."

"Sss..." The sound grew larger, as an unsuspecting hand grabbed the roof's edge, effortlessly pulling itself up.

"Ah... Ah..." Thunderlane clutched his head. He was scared, immobilised, he can't move.

"Freerunning? More like on the topic of free-running away from your problems, your pain, clinging on to your meagre dreams while avoiding all other opportunities through laziness, that something will change for the better!"

"Ssss...!" And it happened. His mind and feelings overwhelming his sigh, Thunderlane turned to see a vicious snake, ready to sink its fangs into his prey. Curled tight, and ready to leap.

"AHHHHH!!!" Thunderlane screamed with fright, getting up and backing away from this monstrous predator, but with too big a fear came too big a step. With a simple tip of imbalance, Thunderlane slipped off the roof and felt nothing but cold space all around his body. It was too late, the runner realised what had happened, and what will eventually become of him. Of all the times to happen. It was done. He was going to die. The last moments of his life knowing how much he hated apathy, guilt, and how he was just as guilty of them. Now, it had chased him down till death's door. The last thing he could see was the snake from before, leaping forward with a loud vigorous hiss, instantly wrapping itself around his arm, before deciding to give in to his fate.


A sudden yank from his arm woke the runner from what he thought would be his eternal slumber. Attaining his senses, the yank from his hand came from the firm grip of his teacher, holding on as hard as he can. His bared teeth and life-or-death expression says it all.

"Thunderlane! I can't pull your weight up all alone!" Nagisa yelled, "I need your help, but don't you dare let go!"

"Guh!" Thunderlane remembered that he was hanging in the air, only supported by his teacher. Remembering how he manages with freerunning, he reaches for the roof himself, but he was too low to reach it.

"I-I need more height!" Thunderlane called back. Nagisa responded with a grunt, adding more workload to his pulling. It was a tug-of-war between gravity and Nagisa, and only a human had his strength and endurance to rely upon until the end, until...

"Got it!" Thunderlane responded as he manages a firm grip upon the roof and uses it and his teacher to prop himself back up. Thunderlane slumped down on his butt. He was just a fall's away from hell, and all that he had, or all that other know of him, would be gone. Sweating like beads, he turned to his saviour. The blue-haired teacher was also panting and perspiring like crazy, and not just from pulling him up, climbing after him must have taken a toll of energy. He checked his phone for the final time. Two minutes and 30 seconds. Just over half the time limit. It was quite a great run for a stranger, but both parties knew of the game's outcome.

"And that's three. I win!" Nagisa smiled, "Climbing up here was a pretty good idea. It's been a long time since I've stretched my legs this much." Nagisa complimented, "plus you were able to sense me, I think that much is great enough."

"Teach, how in all of the world, did you ever manage to catch me three times? You just kept appearing over here and there,"

"An assassin's secret," Nagisa replied, patting his shoulder, while secretly removing a small chip attached to the runner's shirt. "Let's just say I studied a lot about the locations of where I live."

"Woah there, you mean we're neighbours?" Thunderlane pricked up with a gulp,

"Relax! It's not going to harm your reputation or anything." Nagisa answered,

"Oh yeah. By the way. You saved my life." Thunderlane remembered "I ah... Thanks aplenty."

"Like I said, students will not come into any harm when I'm around." Nagisa replied, "because not only will I get in trouble from your family and school, but it will leave me incredibly guilty like you have been. Tell me, is it really hard to study in class?"

"Hmph..." Thunderlane shied away with a pout, "it's hard to focus when you get yelled at or challenged teach. I've been told, when you're not in the mood to study, then don't. So that's why I'm always like this because I'm too upset myself to do it. With all that the teachers that yell at me for, I wish I can explain it to them, but I've used that too many times that it's become an excuse. To tell you the truth, there is one class that I wouldn't dare laze around with: Believe it or not, it's Religious Studies."

"Do tell!" Nagisa asked,

"I'm not a religious guy. But I have to admit that the way the religious carry out their lives, it's different. I find it that they don't dwell on what's the best choice. Rather, they dwell on something even deeper and meaningful to others than the most-earning job. That's what my parents are, always about the money. And that's what they want me and Rumble to become."

"So it's authoritative parenting huh?" Nagisa asked, "now believe it or not. That's exactly the same case I had too when I was young."

"Don't pull my leg teach." Thunderlane laughed,

"True story. My mother herself was forced to become something that she didn't want as you did, and that stress carried on with her till I was conceived. Try and guess what she wanted me to be," he gave the same photo of himself and his former classmates and teacher. Thunderlane peered at the cheerful students said to be the bottom feeders of the school, noticing a student with blue-hair tied in pigtails, Thunderlane cringed at the realisation of the identity of the Lapis Lazuli girl.

"A girl. Your mum was never allowed to be a girl. And therefore, made you look like one?" Thunderlane asked, and Nagisa nodded humbly. Another shiver ran up Thunderlane's spine. Looks like the teach has it really rough himself!

"Did you like being a girl?" Thunderlane asked,

"It was the bane of my existence," Nagisa replied,

"Okay then, I guess my life isn't that bad at all." Thunderlane gave a weak smile, "but anyway, a deal's a deal. Expect me to come to your club teach."

"Not with that defeatist attitude." Nagisa smiled, "focusing on freerunning is great and all, but just make sure you have a backup plan in mind in case something bad happens, that's what the education and schools are for. In fact, I think I have an idea... You've got something on Saturday, right? Parkour-related?"

"I wish." Thunderlane huffed, "but now, my parents are dragging me for a 'family lunch', I just know they're going to yell at me for being a troublemaker again."

"I see... What if you told them that you had some... Weekend tutorship with the school? Would they change their mind?" Nagisa suggested. Thunderlane's eyes widened in surprise and hope.

"They... They actually would..."

"You've got to think outside the box. And like I promise, I'll definitely make it worth your time. For this Saturday and future club sessions. Heck, if you actually manage to do well then, as well as the test... I might give everyone a day off early, so..."

For once, Thunderlane felt a giant weight lifted off his shoulders. His body and chest feeling light and heavenly. He looked to Nagisa. This man. This teacher.

"Thanks, Mr Shiota." Thunderlane smiled, "Thank you so much."

"Thank your little brother too. He's another reason to add into helping you as much as possible. Don't make him cry. Okay?"

"Okay teach. Better keep your promise." Thunderlane offered a hand, to which Nagisa shook firmly.

"Alrighty, now the next task at hand..." Nagisa started with a big gulp, "how are we going to get down from here?"

"What!?" Thunderlane looked back in surprise, the man who managed to climb up the highest of buildings, can't get back down?

"I may have climbed up a mountain the hard way, but never down." Nagisa explained, "I can't remember so much of my physical training these days. D-Do you know how to do it?"

"Well," Thunderlane demonstrated, grasping the drainpipe, "Just slide down like the firemen always do. Watch!" Thunderlane casually slid down the pipe, making sure to break every now and then, until he landed on the roof below him without any trouble.

"G-Got it." Nagisa replied as it was his turn. Alas, the slight fear of how to get down prevented him from loosening his grip enough to slowly slide down. Rather, he went down millimetre by millimetre. Thunderlane laughed, even a teacher can relearn new tricks. Even so, Thunderlane knew himself, that he himself became a troubled student because of his lazy attitude, and he did feel that he has taken it too far and for granted. However, it does him good to see that no matter who and no matter what, some people will always see the good in him and his problems. Perhaps spending time with the Neighponese Teach would be a great change from the other school teachers. After all, he wasn't joking about helping trouble students!

PreviousChapters Next