• Published 26th Jul 2017
  • 2,949 Views, 82 Comments

Assassination Club - Tythen



MLP/EQG Crossover with Assassination Classroom: Fluttershy gets in an accident with a New Teacher at CHS. She discovered more about his identity, and the events around her. A new club has been established, and those who joined are in for a ride...

  • ...
6
 82
 2,949

PreviousChapters
Week 7 Saturday: The somewhat normal life of Coach Justice (M. Kimura)

Kimura's POV

Saturday, October 16. 0600 hours, Central Standard Time. I gotta get up!!! Make the bed, brush your teeth, change into outside clothes, done. 0605 hours.

As a police officer or any self-respected worker, time is of the essence. Though 24 hours is long, a day goes extremely fast. Fortunately, I have today's objectives accounted in my brain since yesterday. For this morning, I'm going to read through Nagisa's first draft of his Neighponese exam, then give critical feedback as he requested.

"Yawwwnnn..." Yada stumbled out of the room. Still in her pyjamas and her hair all messed up and scruffy; you may never know that someone so hard-working as Yada would look so cute in this state while closing her eyes and putting a hand to her mouth as she yawned. "Hmm? Oh... Good Morning Masayoshi. It's very cold today huh?"

I bowed in response.

"Hmm..." Yada looked at me with a tired look, "That's right. Today's going to be especially busy for both of us; with the CHS students coming in. I'd better get ready too."

I nodded in response and hurried towards the kitchen, but just as I was about to pass her.

"Wait..." Yada tugged gently on my shirt with her fingers. "I know you're busy, but can you do some shopping for me, please? It's important for this afternoon, as well as for the dorms."

I looked at my watch, 0608. If I recall correctly, supermarkets open at around 0600 in Equestria, most being 24 hours. I can do that, though it also depends on something else.

I offered my outstretched hand to her.

"Here..." Yada plopped a shopping list on it, "I prepared all this before going to bed. And thanks again." She lazily smiled as she got closer and gripped my arm with her two hands.

"Just a little longer..." Yada giggled, "You feel so much warmer than my blanket today..."

You never would have imagined one of the most well-prepared people I know has this side to her. Then again, even the most hard-working people have the need to let their hair down.


0627 hours after breakfast and a drive to Canterlot Mall. And oh boy, there's a LOT of things Yada requires. Essential food like fruit, vegetables, juice, some snacks, and lots of cleaning supplies like disinfectant, floor cleaner, dishwashing liquid, lots of laundry powder and fabric softener, each with their specified brand. It's going to be a lot of supplies but given the time, I can complete all this and be back before lunch. Should be easy considering that people rarely go shopping in the morning.

"That's two-hundred and fifty-four please..." The Cashier calculated. "Thank you, have a nice day."

0636 hours now, and a trolley full of shopping bags. I won't be able to fit them all in the trunk so most will have to go to the back seats. That being said, I returned at about 0700 on the nose, a little traffic jam on the way back. Yada was all dressed by the time I got back. Hair tied back, eaten breakfast, and dressed to impress.

"You're back!" Yada greeted, "Thanks for doing all of this! Here, let me help!"

With her help, we got all the shopping done before 0715. That leaves the rest of the time for me read through Nagisa's exam. These were his instructions before he left the dorm:

"I ensured that the Japanese exam went according to the syllabus. But I'd still like your feedback please!" He said in a nervous chuckle.

His instructions were a little vague if you ask me. So I decided to cross-check his exams using the syllabus given by the Equestrian education department related to languages. The test contained basic greetings, knowledge of the hiragana alphabet, known words that have been introduced at the time, and knowing how to introduce yourself. It's very basic, and it doesn't even scratch the entirety of the entire stage. Then again, Neighponese just started in this school recently, so it's fair. There are two halves to this exam. The first half involves transferring single hiragana characters that they have learned into their romaji equivalent and vice versa. The second involves translating words from Neighponese to English and vice versa. There are 60 questions total, split evenly into the two sections, which in turn is split evenly by translating Japanese to English and vice versa. The catch is that this exam only goes for 45 minutes compared to the others, which is about 60 minutes. They also won't be provided with the hiragana alphabet grid they've been given since the beginning of the class, so they'll need to remember on the spot. If the Equestrian students are able to pronounce the rhythm of the kanas, then they can easily associate the pronunciations with the symbols. That being said, learning a language is not just based on remembering written strokes or sentences, the most crucial is that you have to recognise speaking it. I'm sure Nagisa will have to come up with an assessment that tests their spoken Neighponese for next term. With that, I jotted down my thoughts, feelings, and concerns, then stapled it on the back of the draft test.

"Hey, Masayoshi!" Yada poked her head into my room, "Is it my turn to judge Nagisa's exam?"

I stood up, picked up the paper, and offered it to her with a nod. Yada is also given the same task too. Wonder what she thinks?

"Thanks!" Yada winked as she took the papers, "What are you going to do now?"

Morning stretches and workouts. I have to keep fit as a special police member and PE Coach!

"Okay, have fun!" Yada waved.


The current time now is 0930 hours after reading and reviewing Nagisa's exam. Push-ups, sit-ups, stretches, knee lifts, perhaps some shadowboxing for a while. Normally, training would have involved mock combat with others, but self-combat isn't what a PE teacher does; unless a situation comes where I have to teach the students self-defence, and chances of that happening are very likely. I wonder how Karasuma felt when he was assigned to teach the likes of me, Nagisa and Yada.

Speaking about teaching students self-defence, the image of Fluttershy towering above Bon Bon yesterday... I can't get it out of my head. It was as if I saw a girl transform into a literal demon, ready to claim her victim's life. If a glimpse of her stare could occupy my head till tomorrow, then I don't know how many times worse Bon Bon or that Windcaller guy got it.

"Monsieur Justice? Is that you?"

Hearing my name, I spotted a lanky man carrying a backpack with short-cut hair and chin stubble in many hues of grey, and ashen skin; wearing a shirt with the headshot of a famous female scientist... drawn as if she was in a manga. I'm sorry, who the heck is this stranger and why does he know me?

"Wh-What's with that face? You break my heart." The man noticed, "I'm your colleague! Magus Forsythe?"

My mind went blank. This otaku is the same fantasy-obsessed wackjob of a physics teacher? Are you kidding me!?

"I know, I know." The man nodded in understanding, "I'm not like what you see at school. That's the point. But it's really me, Charles Phillip Forsythe. I'm sure if Nagisa's around, he would know it's me!"

I doubt that! Even if you have bumped into each other outside of school, he would definitely NOT recognise you in your current attire!

"Hey, Masayoshi?" Yada poked out of the door, "When you're done can you-- woah..."

"Oh!" Forsythe bowed, "Good morning to you, Mademoiselle Yada!"

"Forysthe!?" Yada's jaw dropped. "What happened to you!? You look... normal!"

I know what you were about to say, Yada. Then again, you are technically right.

"You recognise me still!? Amazing!" Forsythe laughed,

"How could I not? You're the only one who puts Prench words into their English!" Yada laughed, "I do the same thing with my English but in different languages! Ça Va ? (How are you?)"

"Oui ! Ça Va tres bien ! (Yes! I feel great!)" Forsythe responded, "I wonder why Justice didn't recognise me at first?"

"He's not good with face recognition unless the face committed a crime!" Yada laughed.

Apologies for not recognising you but that's really uncalled for!

"A-Anyway, I hate to ask a favour from you, but I need a favour from you." Forsythe continued. "Can you give me a lift?"

"A lift?" Yada repeated, looking at me.

"To the train station. My sister stole the car this morning for work, forgetting that she was supposed to take me as well!"

Ouch. Forgetfulness is truly an agonising enemy.

"A trip to the station isn't that bad. But, why us?" Yada asked,

"We only have one car, shared between family. So ma mère and mon père can't take me there. Phos is too busy, and Eu isn't picking up my calls; probably intentionally. Ever since the past few weeks, I kinda trust you guys a lot!"

"Then sure! We'd be glad to help!" Yada smiled, "And by we I mean Kimura here."

Yeah, I saw that coming. Yada's going to be busy all day, and I'm the only free person here.

"Will you?" Forsythe eagerly turned toward me.

"Fweep Fweep!" The Skyline Sedan nearby responded. I started walking towards it.

"Thank you so much, Monsieur Justice!" Forsythe thanked, following behind.

Yeah yeah, as long as you stop teasing me over failing to recognise you.


"Thank you so much once again." He responded as we drove down the street. "It's a really important event I have to attend." He pulled out a pamphlet. "There's a mangaka coming, and I'm a big fan of her works! Do you know how valuable it is?"

Oh, that's right. You are going to Canter-Con.

"So you do remember our conversation last week!" Forsythe noticed my expression, "To tell you the truth, I rarely go to Canter-Con. It's a rather expensive event through admission alone, and it's mostly western pop culture rather than eastern ones. Just why is it that those particular conventions happen outside of Canterlot!?"

I took a glimpse of the backpack he brought along, nestled on his lap. It was covered all over with stickers of various characters seen in anime and manga, some I know as a teenager, and many others I don't know of. I honestly wanted to ask him, but I felt like my face should do the talking for now. So I just nodded at everything he shared until we reached the pick-up/drop-off area near the station.

"Merci Beaucoup (Thank you very much) Monsieur Justice ! I shall return the favour one day!" Forsythe waved goodbye. Today I learned that Charles Philip 'Magus' Forsythe was born in Prance, a crazy obsessed teacher in a school and a straight-up otaku outside of it. I guess it would explain why; these two things go hand-in-hand with each other.


"You didn't know Forsythe was a fan of Neighponese pop culture?" Yada asked, reading my expressions over lunch. "Well to be fair I didn't know either, but Phos did mention it last week when the two of us and other teachers were hanging out."

I shrugged as I ate a plate of leftover rice smothered with some made-easy butter chicken. It's not spicy, but it's heartwarming; a little sweetness to go with the savoury taste. I got to admit, it is lovely!

"By the way, another is coming to the dorm later today to discuss something about a teacher's Halloween party." Yada shuddered, "You can guess who it is."

Judging by that nervous and nauseous look, it really doesn't take a genius to know that it's going to be the biology teacher, Morrie Eucalyptus. Let's just hope the students aren't here either.

"I hope not, because she never told me when she would come," Yada responded. "But the students and parents are coming around at 3 pm, so we've got plenty of time to do our own thing, but aside from that, we'll also have two boys moving in. Thunderlane and Zephyr Breeze."

I nodded.

"What is Nagisa going out for anyway?" Yada asked, "I don't think he told me. Did he tell you?"

I shook my head.

"Hmm... most of our work is already done. And our leftovers for lunch was pretty small... why don't we go outside and eat some more?" Yada asked.

That sounds like a good idea!

"Excellent." Yada winked, "Let's go!"


1500 hours, the students arrived. Yada was responsible for giving the tour to the interested students and parents. I could recognise some students that came to our big tutorship study session 2 weeks ago. There were the two twins Kimono and Obi, Burning Heart, and apparently Rarity too, with her younger sister Sweetie Belle. Normally, I would join along for the tour as an additional speaker, but I have my other duty; Thunderlane and Zephyr. I greeted them and their parental guardians outside the dorm, ensuring that they would be well taken care of.

"I have no doubt about it." Thunderlane's father spoke, "He seems to speak highly of you when he speaks to Rumble. Which is rare."

I bowed with a simple "I am honoured."

"Thank you so much once again," Mr Shy bowed back, "Please look after Zephyr, alright?"

"No need to worry about carrying my stuff Coach Justice. I've got it." Thunderlane chuckled as he grabbed his stuff and flew right into the building.

"Hey!" Thunderlane's father roared, "Take your shoes off before going in!"

"I've 'got it' too err... Coach Justice." Zephyr chuckled as he slowly collected his things and carefully marched to the door. I was about to follow behind until...

"Mr Justice?" Fluttershy called,

I looked back.

"Don't hesitate to call us if he does something bad..." She warned. I paused for a moment, then nodded.


By the time I went in, Zephyr was not even halfway from the entrance to the stairs; due to carrying his bags like balancing a stack of plates. He didn't even take off his shoes before going in, not that we were so strict about it as of now.

"Oh no!" Zephyr yelped, losing his balance and causing the topmost item to fall. Immediately I dashed over and caught it with a single hand.

"Th-Thank you!" Zephyr immediately put his bags down. "I can take it from here."

But as he reached for it, I pulled it away from him; giving him a little fright.

"There's no way you're getting to your room carrying your stuff like this." I declared. "Give me some of your bags."

"O-Okay!" Zephyr gave in, gesturing to me. With a handful of bags on one hand and the item on the other, I trotted up the stairs with Zephyr following comfortably behind.


I guided Zephyr to his room and he began unpacking. I noticed his luggage contained a trove of magazines and not the type of magazines that Okajima or Korosensei enjoys (as far as E class knows). They were fashion magazines, and almost all of them had people in crazy and wacky hairstyles on their front cover; hairstyles that would be definitely prohibited on school grounds.

"Thanks back there." He nervously responded.

"No worries," I responded, examining the item that fell from before. "If you don't mind me asking, how in all things did you start growing a bonsai tree?"

"Well, there are plenty of reasons." Zephyr chuckled, "It helps ease my mind, whether I'm just looking at it or taking care of it. It feels nice, it's very rehabilitating, and it's like practice."

"Practice? For what?" I asked with intrigue.

"I'm sure you saw the things I packed. A career when it comes to hair is my type of thing. Hair therapist, hairdresser, you name it. At the same time, gardening is a hobby dear to my heart. I mean, there are a lot of hobbies that I have done as I grew up but none of them lasted; just gardening and sculpting. I've been told many times that beauty starts to fade as the older one grows, but not this little beauty. No no no... as long as I live, I'm gonna protect and maintain this beauty."

"A nice sentiment. Now may I know how you got one?" I continued.

"Oh! My mom bought it and we raised it together when I was just a child. She says this tree is very unique, and that it reminds her of a best friend that lives outside of Equestria. The bonsai is unlike any tree or flower I've seen. To think something so tiny can last so long!"

"As long as you continue nurturing it," I added, passing the bonsai to him. "That's the important part."

"Of course." Zephyr accepted the plant and placed it on the desk. "I promised her that like the bonsai, I would grow and take care of myself and mom too; To be strong, successful, and long-lasting! And do you know what mom said to me? That Fluttershy and I will always be her bonsais! She'll ensure that she'll teach and nurture us to be strong and long-lasting!"

"How very deep. In that case, I'll leave the rest to you." I bowed and made for the door.

"Say uh..." Zephyr stopped me, "Did my sister and father say anything... bad about me?"

"... Yes." I bluntly responded after a few silent seconds, "... But I have yet to see it for myself. I'm sure you have it in you to prove them wrong."


With the two students all settled down and after checking how Timber and Gloriosa were doing, I joined the tour group. Yada introduced me as the second caretaker and teacher of the dorm, and I gave additional information in regards to the rooms, the bathrooms, the classrooms, and reiterate important rules.

"Now, are there any questions?" Yada asked as we returned to the lobby.

"Are there any curfews in the dorm?" A parent asked,

"We recommend students sleep before 10 pm, but we understand staying up late at night to finish an assignment. So technically, no. We'll also be responsible for waking up the students at 6 am sharp, using the speaking tubes. Either Justice or I will be doing the speaking rounds! And if they don't wake up, we'll come straight to them! We'll also provide breakfast if students want to, as mentioned before, though students can also make their own things if they have the time." Yada ended.

🔔Ding Dong!🔔

A chill ran down my spine when I heard the doorbell. Seems the same way for Yada as well, given her look.

"H-Hey Masayoshi, could you get the door please?" She nervously asked.

With a nod, I strolled over and opened the front door to our dreadful but expected visitor. But when I opened the door wide, I discovered something worse.

"Too slow, Special Ops Lapdog. If I were your master, I'd permanently dismiss you from the living immediately."

Standing in front of me was a being so unholy that its image spread from my eyes straight into my brain like an infection, causing it to shut down. After a few seconds, I rebooted my senses and knew what must be done.

"I'm sorry. I believe you have the wrong address. Please, don't ever come back." I bowed, closing the-.

"Let me in, you rotten onion!" The unholy being roared as she pushed the door and me back, "I came here for a discussion, and I will have i--!"

Her rage and temper stopped when she saw Yada and the parent-student tour group staring back at her, speechless. I refuse to believe that a person with the absolute audacity and lack of self-respect to wear that and barge in was Canterlot High School's biology teacher. Wait a minute...

"P-Professor Eu?" Burning Heart spoke up, "I-Is that you?"

Uh-oh, the students can recognise her!

"Wrong!" The unholy being declared, "I am the one who obscures the light of the celestials, and can bend the entire solar system to my will!"

She raised a very uniquely designed sword to the air.

"My purpose is to cover the world in darkness and unleash the evil within the souls of all living beings. I am the deity that strengthens the evil in all humans, forced to walk the Earth as a human, and enslaved by my own will and choice to fight alongside the guardian deities of the Earth. I am the Eclipse Bringer!!!"

The entire crowd and everyone else remained silent, save for an aeroplane passing by.

"At the same time..." The Eclipse Bringer returned to a deadpan tone, brought the sword down, the tip of the blade touching the ground as she stood tall and proud. "... I am also a full-time Biology Teacher of Canterlot High School known as Professor Eu, to anyone who's seeing me for the first time."

"No way!" Kimono, I believe, jumped in, "You look exactly like Eclipse Bringer! She's my favourite character!"

"Morrie!?!?!?" Yada exclaimed. "Did you come here while cosplaying!?!?"

Yes. Yes, she did. Standing right before me, Yada, and all the parents and students interested in the Koro Gardens, was Morrie Eucalyptus. Complete with thick steel v-shaped circlet, earrings that resemble an eclipse, breastplate, armoured short-cut skirt, greave-designed stockings that went up to her thighs, and pointed armoured shoes, all makeshift and in dark grey. And let's not forget her hair. Once brunette and all over the place, now dyed in black, smoothened and shiny, and tied to resemble an exquisite s-curved ponytail that can easily blow in the weakest of winds like a sash. Her design combines the sinister and haunting aura of a dark knight and the innocence and passion of a magical girl. That description alone makes it unholy to the ears, as much as seeing it in full. Any interest for me in the show or manga this character came from is gone for good.

"I did. I wasn't bothered to go home and change before coming here. Besides, it's healthy to walk, even if I hate it. Ten thousand steps achieved already. From home to Canter-Con, then here. All while walking... oh, and the train."

She took public transport while dressed up. I'm petrified.

"Anyway, it seems that I have come in an unfortunate time. Too bad... for you." The Eclipse Bring- I mean Eu droned. "I shall be counting the seconds that I wait, and I will see it... compensated."

"Th-Then you're in luck!" Yada chuckled, "We've just about finished, so we won't take long!"

"I see. Oh, and one more thing. I relay this to everyone." Eu added,

"Yes?" Yada asked,

"None of you are to disclose what you saw me in today to anyone else." Eu warned, "No student, no teacher, no one except the people around you right now. Especially the Delusional Magus you call the Physics Teacher! If you do... I shall place an eternal curse of suffering... extra homework! And as for the parents... the behaviours of your children in my class!"

"Y-Yes ma'am!" The students AND parents squeaked, nodding their heads.

Today I also learned that Morrie Eucalyptus AKA Professor Eu, not only is a fan of Neighponese culture like Forsythe is but she's gone further beyond. Frankly, I have no idea whether I feel it was for the better or worse, and that makes it all the more infuriating.


As Yada mentioned to me earlier, Professor Eu was interested in hosting a faculty-only Halloween party, and when the Koro Gardens came up, she thought it'd be the greatest chance before it gets swamped by students. This was... interesting to say the least. I thought Professor Eu of all people detested meeting together, at least if only it wasn't important.

"Oh, this is important, lapdog. Anything that involves costumes is a necessity for me." Eu answered.

"Well if it's party planning for our age group, I know what to do. But first... I kinda need permission from the Principal and Vice-Principal too, so I'll see what they have to say."

"They'd better accept. It wouldn't be fair." Eu glared. "And with that, I have finished what I want to achieve today."

"Would you like me to drive you home?" I offered,

"No thank you... I intend to walk home." She refused.

"Even in the dark?" Yada asked,

"Especially in the dark," Eu spoke grimly. "In any case, I bid you farewell..."

"Thanks for coming!" Yada thanked, walking with her to the door.

"One more thing..." Eu turned around as she stepped outside.

"... Thanks." Eu's mouth curved a teeny bit down. "... I hope we'll have fun."

I'm starting to feel like this Professor Eu is from a different dimension.


It is now 1800 hours and it was time for dinner. Nagisa was able to return and we had freshly cooked rice with a full roast chicken complete with stuffing.

"Wow, I must admit. Rice really does taste nice as long as it's with something!" Gloriosa complimented.

"Rice goes with almost a lot of things! That's why it's so good!" Yada winked,

"Can I have some more chicken please?" Timber asked,

"Here you go." I cut off a generous piece and passed it to him.

"So, how was your day?" Nagisa asked,

"Well, things just went as normal, though there were two surprises. The first one was that Forsythe needed a lift to the train station because his sister forgot to drop him off with the car shared between them."

"Really? What for?" Nagisa asked,

"Canter-Con!" Yada chuckled, "You know, the convention that celebrates a lot of pop culture. Just like what we have in Neighpon!"

"So two of our teachers are fans of those Neighponese cartoons like Flash." Thunderlane chuckled, "The Magus and the corpse!"

"Wait," I jumped, "You heard?"

"Over the tubes, coach!" Thunderlane chuckled, "When I heard all that 'I am the Eclipse Bringer!', I had to go down and see what was going on! What I saw is the best and worst thing ever. That's the second surprise of the day, and I'm sure as hell going to tell everyone!"

"Please don't, Thunderlane." Nagisa glared,

"Alright fine, just the club then." Thunderlane pouted.

"So what were you up to Nagisa?" Yada asked,

"Oh, I was studying with Sunset. Learning more about magic."

"Magic?" Gloriosa perked up, "You discovered magic? How?"

"It's a complicated story, and I'm not sure I'm supposed to tell anyone. All I can just say is I was exposed to it by accident, and now it rests within me permanently. It's just a passive boost to old skills. I can't zap or thwack others."

"Interesting..." Timber responded, looking worried at his sister, "Magic reacts differently to different people."

"Zephyr?" Yada noticed the boy lifelessly staring at his plate, "You haven't been eating anything last I noticed... are you alright?"

"Uh?" Zephyr looked up, "Oh. I'm fine... just, don't feel hungry. That's all."

"Are you sure? You look really unwell."

"No really!" Zephyr raised his voice, "I am!"


He really wasn't. Around 2000, I could hear shouting through the tubes in the staff-only room. Immediately, Nagisa, Yada and I rushed up to see a horrifying sight. Thunderlane and Zephyr were trading blows to the face and to the gut, and in a serious sense too.

"Hey hey!" Nagisa flies between the two and broke them apart with a mighty push. Thunderlane flew back a little and hit the floor as Zephyr flew towards the grasp of Yada and me. We held the new student in place as Thunderlane got up with a vicious snarl. Thankfully Nagisa didn't do any serious damage to the two of them.

"What is going on here?" Nagisa demanded firmly.

"That's what I want to know too, teach!" Thunderlane growled, "The new guy knocked on my door. When I opened it, he just fucking grabbed me, threw me into the hallway, then started to fight! All I just did was protect myself, so I fucking retaliated!"

"Right. Zephyr, what is going on here? Did he do something to you?" Nagisa turned to Zephyr.

"Hey! Why the fuck are you taking his side!? I was attacked!!!" Thunderlane protested.

Zephyr, trying to break free of us, remained silent, just glaring at Nagisa.

"... I see." Nagisa closed his eyes and decided. "The two of you, into your rooms NOW. Do not leave or do not do ANYTHING until we confront you."

"Hmph..." Thunderlane scowled and returned to his room, slamming the door. Yada and I let go of Zephyr, and he did the same.

"You two." Nagisa pointed at us, "Teacher's Room."

We quickly hurried down the stairs and into the room. As we sat down, Nagisa strolled over and closed the opening of the communication tube.

"The two of them are not serious about hurting each other." Nagisa stated, "Despite their looks and their acting, their inner conscience and movements are trying to restrain any serious blows."

"Do you think they're trying to do something bad in order for us to notice and punish them?" Yada asked,

"Severe punishments for severe actions would normally involve kicking the perpetrator out of the dorm. Perhaps they wanted to be kicked out in the first place." I suggested,

"I was thinking the same thing." Nagisa answered, "Given their statements and responses, Thunderlane said that Zephyr started a fight, and he didn't argue back."

"Zephyr wants to get kicked out?" Yada exclaimed, "But why!?"

An idea popped into Nagisa's mind.

"I think he's some personal problems of his own." Nagisa theorised, "He's Fluttershy's brother. I haven't told you this, but on my first week here, I learnt from Fluttershy that her mother passed away in an accident."

A well of sadness overflowed in my chest.

"Poor kids... and poor husband too." Yada covered her mouth.

"It gave Fluttershy despair to the point that she would willingly risk her life if it meant saving others or stopping bad people. The only things that kept her from doing that are her friends, her guardian known as C.B.B., and us. Zephyr on the other hand? It's fair to say that he's also affected by Mrs Shy, but he didn't get the same treatment or opportunity like Fluttershy, or perhaps tried to overcome it the wrong way."

"I see..." Yada nodded. I did so too without a word.

"Alright, I think I'll talk to Zephyr about it. Can you two check on Thunderlane? Just to confirm that all of this was staged."

"Sure." Yada nodded. "You ready Masayoshi?"

I paused for a moment, then opened my mouth.

"If you'd allow me, I'd like to be the one to see Zephyr instead."

"What?" Nagisa and Yada gasped.

"I'm not a mind reader like you Nagisa, but he's been open to me, albeit just a little, when I came and helped him unpack his bags. Now that I've learned a bit more about Zephyr's past, I think I should go meet him again, as a familiar face. Is that okay?"

My two friends looked at each other. Nagisa raised an eyebrow, Yada gave a wink, he then responded with a grin, and they turned back to face me.

"Sure!" Nagisa agreed, "I trust you!"

"I know you've got a kind heart to listen, Masayoshi. You can do this!" Yada cheered.

"Thanks. I won't let you two AND him down." I nodded.

"In that case, Yada and I will see Thunderlane." Nagisa concluded, "But before we go, I should give you a quick rundown of Fluttershy's story when I was first admitted to hospital."


I knocked upon Zephyr's door.

"Come in." The boy moaned, and so I did.

"Coach Justice?" He raised an eyebrow. "I thought I'd be expecting Ms Yada or Mr Shiota."

"If you're trying to throw yourself out of the dorm, I'd highly encourage against it," I responded, closing the door. "Can you close the tube near your desk?"

"U-Uh, sure." Zephyr nodded, quickly closing the tube cap.

"There's something you should know about Mr Shiota. He has a keen awareness of people, specifically their intentions. He knows that the two you aren't actually fighting. You were just acting it out." I answered.

Zephyr looked uneasy.

"If you don't want to stay in the dorms, you could have just let us know. We can discuss it with you, and with your dad!"

"Please don't..." Zephyr spoke, "I don't want him, Flutters, or the school to know..."

"To know what?" I asked, "That you were plagued by your mother's passing?"

The teen looked at me in shock.

"How the hell do you know!?"

"Mr Shiota informed me." I responded, unfazed, "And he in turn was informed by someone else you care about."

"Rainbow Dash?" Zephyr scoffed,

"Your sister." I raised my voice, not in the mood for his snarkiness, "Fluttershy told him and her friends about her past, and how badly it had affected her, ever since that day. She told me she felt so guilty that her mom stood her ground, trying to protect her, only for her to pass away later. Because of that, she felt like taking her life, or at least risking it if it means saving those she cares about or stopping psychopaths. That's what she did about a month ago, charging towards a dangerous man. Nagisa took the blow meant for her."

"Son of a-!" Zephyr banged his table,

"Given your reaction, she never told you." I continued. "Either way, Fluttershy decided to tell him about what happened."

"But she never told me about all this... or dad! Not a text message, or over the table!" Zephyr explained,

"Figures..." I answered, "She tends to keep some things bottled up. Runs in your family, huh?"

"What do you mean!?"

"You've been doing the same, Zephyr." I continued. "You've also suffered too, and you intentionally haven't told Fluttershy or Mr Shy about it. Your family is the most important person to you, what makes you unable to tell them the truth?"

"Because it's the worst, embarrassing reason!" Zephyr yelled. I stepped back, letting him catch his breath. A few seconds later, I could notice tears coming from his eyes.

"Zephyr..." I walked forward and placed a hand on his shoulder. "As a caretaker of this dorm, a teacher of CHS, someone who keeps a promise, and as someone who had been cared for greatly by another. I am here for you, and I am willing to take whatever you want me to hear and support you in what you want to do. I promise you."

Zephyr looked into my eyes, and I to his; ensuring that I would not avert my eyes. Not even a single twitch. Zephyr took a deep breath and nodded.

"I miss mom. I miss her so much. Ever since she died, I felt a big part of myself taken away..."

"... Like a bonsai without its caretaker," I deduced. "Leaves grow too heavy, it requires more energy to keep alive. You know..."

"I tried to move on from her; believe me I tried. Ever since that court case with Flutters, even with mum staying by her side, we lost a lot. Dad was fired from his job and ended up with one that pays far less. We moved to an even smaller house, one that physically couldn't fit all of us. And when mum died, we absolutely can't fit the three of us together with the circumstances that we have."

"And so that's why you opted to move out to boarding school?"

"Yeah. I worked and studied hard, even showed it to Dad and Flutters, and they were impressed too. I figured, that if I was able to go up, graduate, and get a proper job, then I know that mum would rest in peace, knowing that her little bonsai grew strong. But when I started living in my first boarding school, I felt so... cold... lonely... and left behind... despite getting good grades as well as heavily participating in school activities and festivals, I felt that everyone else was far ahead of me in life outside of school. Then that's when my fear kicked in. Fear that I had failed mum. Fear that I have failed in life. And from there I lost motivation to continue studying and was unwilling to be the best. I kept on getting kicked out of boarding school, hoping to find and impress another boarding school, so I can start again and learn from what I did wrong. But the same thing drained every bit of my will away, and I got kicked out once again. That's when I realised, I never moved on from my mom's death. I was just too attached to her. And it leads to failure after failure, with no way to learn from it."

Zephyr buried his head in his arms.

"And that's why I can't tell either Fluttershy or dad. It's the pettiest reason, and it had cost dad more than ever!"

I closed my eyes, thinking hard about what he said. To be honest, he's not wrong. It is petty, and a little too sheltered under Mrs Shy to the point that it was a severe crutch to his mental and physical health. I'm no psychologist, but I have to help him. Just how long has he realised his weakness as he hopped from school to school? If I was a police instructor or coach, I'd force him to go run around laps or do push-ups to reflect on his actions. But he's not in the police, and self-reflection is not going to do much at all. For his sake, and the others, I have to support him, even if it goes against the way I grew up.

I opened my mouth. "You're right. It is petty. But if it has affected you so much, it demands serious attention and counselling. And besides... you are not alone in this world. Many people have far pettier reasons that led them to a life of turmoil and suffering."

"Really?" Zephyr sniffed.

"Yes. Like me. Granted, I do not have such a loss that leads to such petty reasons, but it was a petty reason enough that I did poorly in school."

"It's okay." Zephyr nodded, "I want to hear your story."

"Justice..." I started. "... was a name that held so much meaning to my parents and their passionate jobs as police officers. A value they were so proud of that they bequeathed it as a name for their son. But to the son, it was a value of pure embarrassment and ridicule, that he despised it bitterly."

"You hated the name Justice? But that's a completely normal name in Equestria! I mean, the girl I like is literally called Rainbow Dash!"

"Of course, but remember that I live in Neighpon, and we take our names differently." I reminded, "And that's why I was teased so much about it. So I told everyone to stop, complained to my parents about my name, and other things. I could never stop thinking about it to the point that my concentration in studies dropped, and I was sent to the lowest class of my school. A class where failures and bad-behaving students end up. We were given the worst treatment, and treated with severe prejudice by other students and teachers, except for those who were responsible for teaching us. They really helped us at our worst; academically and personally."

"Wow. That is pretty petty." Zephyr chuckled a little, "But you're pretty lucky to have caring teachers."

"And that's what I want to carry on." I answered, "The same care we received from our teachers. Yada and Nagisa would want the same things. And that's why I want to hear what you want."

"What I want?"

"I can tell that you want to break free from this cycle of failure. To no longer be afraid of letting down your mother or your family. So I want to hear... want do you want to do, that would make you happy? That would make you motivated and brave enough to study hard and succeed? To be courageous as the time you proved to your dad and sister that you can take care of yourself?"

"I..." Zephyr thought hard. "I..."

"It's okay. Tell me honestly." I added, "And if you can't think of anything, I can suggest something for you."

"I... I always grew up thinking about mum, whether she'd be happy or sad, even when in spirit. I've always been told that mum would still live on in my heart, but I still felt alone when I was away from my family. I want... I want to stay close to dad and Flutters if possible. Mum is also living on in their hearts too. Together, I would feel a lot more confident and supported. And maybe that way, I could find finally grow out of it."

"That's a very tall order." I answered, "But... it's better to try. How about we ask Mr Shiota and Ms Yada?"

I offered my hand out.

Zephyr looked at my hand, then back to me. He gave me a weak smile and accepted it. I pulled him up.

"Remember," I continued. "I am here to support your choices."


"... I see." Yada nodded as she listened to Zephyr's story and reasons. "It's disheartening, but the choice is indeed ultimately up to you. Are you sure you have second thoughts?"

"No ma'am." Zephyr shook his head, with me standing by his side, "This is my final decision. And... I want to talk to dad personally as well."

"Alright then." Yada pulled out her phone, "I'll explain the situation, and then pass the phone to you for you guys to talk it out. Do you want us to leave you be as it happens?"

"I'd like Coach Justice to stay with me." Zephyr responded, "If that's okay with you."

Yada looked at me with such surprise, then nodded. "Alright then."

She dialled Mr Shy's number.

"Hello? Mr Shy?" Yada spoke, "It's me, Tōka Yada... Yes, it is something to do with Zephyr... you want Fluttershy to join in as well? That's fine... hello Fluttershy..."

I noticed Zephyr very nervous as Yada continued speaking. I placed a hand on his shoulder once again. "Be brave. You can do this. You have to do this. For your sake."

Zephyr slowly nodded.

"Well, he's with me right now. And he's also got someone to speak for him if he's unsure." Yada spoke, "I'll let them put you on speaker..." She stood up and handed to phone to Zephyr.

"Good luck!" Yada winked as she exited the room.

"Dad? Flutters?" Zephyr spoke, turning on the speaker function.

"Zephyr..." Fluttershy's voice seethed through the phone. "Please explain."

"I don't want to live in the dorm." Zephyr admitted, "I want to stay at home."

"... I'm sorry?" Mr Shy spoke with confusion.

"I want to go home. To live with you guys." Zephyr continued, pausing between each sentence.

"You know you can't do that." Mr Shy responded,

"Please... I can't take it anymore... I... I... I can't take going to boarding school and studying far from home anymore!" He yelped.

"I don't understand." Fluttershy spoke, "What do you mean you can't take it anymore?"

"I... I can't... take care..." Zephyr hesitated, then looked at me. With a nod. I opened my mouth.

"Zephyr can't take care of himself at boarding school. He misses his family a lot, especially your mother and wife respectively." I answered. "Despite impressive academics and welfare in school, he finds that he has no clue what to do outside of it. As he reflected upon that, a fear built up within him. He cannot overcome it because of Mrs Shy's passing. This fear took a hold of his mentality, causing him to lose the willpower to study or do anything else for that matter. That... led to his continuous expulsion from many schools."

"What?" Mr Shy and Fluttershy's voice went weak.

"I'm sorry, dad... I'm sorry, Flutters." Zephyr confessed, "But I made a bad decision, and caused you so much trouble... I just couldn't tell you all."

"Speak." Mr Shy spoke, a little firm. "When did all of this happen?"

Zephyr then told his story and his problem as he did with me. Sometimes, whenever he'd hesitate, I would speak for him and making sure that what I said is what he agreed on. We'd answered the questions given by Mr Shy and Fluttershy's firm tone.

"Because of what had happened, for Zephyr to stay close to you instead of the dorm, would be better for his sake. And in that way, he would be able to improve his skills, as well as his own personal problems." I concluded.

"Zephyr..." Mr Shy spoke, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I'm sorry Dad. I didn't want to be a burden if I came back like this. That's why I always opted to find a different boarding school."

"Son. I... I miss mum as well. Every day, I wake up in the absence of her presence, taking on many things for the betterment of all three of us. It is an extremely hard struggle."

"Same here..." Fluttershy chimed in, "Losing mum affected me just as much it had to you. Except that... I'm glad you've decided to tell us."

"Your previous actions have wrought a different kind of 'burden', and is very frustrating." Mr Shy continued, "Be that as it may, if you told me sooner, I would personally come and take you home."

"You would?" Zephyr teared up,

"How can I not give my son a second chance?" Mr Shy sniffed, "The three of us had suffered so much, we should be looking out for each other. I know how much you still love mom, me, and Fluttershy. And we love you back, even with your mistakes."

"I'm so sorry Dad... for keeping it from you." Zephyr teared up.

"Even if our house cannot fit the three of us properly... I will pave a way for you to stay. Can you do that too?" Mr Shy teared up as well.

"Of course!" Zephyr nodded.

"Actually..." Fluttershy interjected, "I have an idea."

"What?"

"It was a backup plan if you got kicked out from Koro Gardens, Zephyr. But now that I know the reason why... I think it would be the best for you and me. Are you listening, Coach Justice?"


2045 hours, Zephyr Breeze was in the lounge with all his stuff packed in his bags. Of course, I was allowed to hold his precious bonsai.

"Zephyr."

"Thunderlane," Zephyr spoke as he saw the teen walking down the stairs. "I-I'm sorry for getting you to do something horrible."

"We're cool. I've done worse." Thunderlane smiled, "I wanted to give my own two bits to you."

"What for?"

"I overheard your story from the tubes in the teacher's office." Thunderlane explained, "You are a really REALLY pathetic excuse of a human being. A Grade-A loser."

"Thunderlane..." I growled,

"Which is why I think you should hang around with me often." Thunderlane smiled, "We've all got some major embarrassing things. But I'll be damned if someone like you were to suffer again what you have. I don't know why I don't have this same friendly feeling for other guys, but it is what it is; you should be honoured. Just don't be a stranger or a loner. If you want to get ahead, maybe you should start getting some friends!"

"Y-Yeah!" Zephyr hastily nodded, "Wh-Where do you normally hang out?"

"Well I'm part of Teach's special tute club, and you can always hang out with me at the dorm if you want." Thunderlane suggested, "But hell, I'll just mooch your phone number from Flutters."

"Sure. I'll remember that." Zephyr agreed, holding out his hand. Thunderlane slapped it, creating a loud satisfying snapping sound that echoed throughout the room.

🔔Ding Dong!🔔

"They're here." Yada, informed of the situation, opened the door. "Thanks for making it."

"No worries." Mr Shy and Fluttershy entered, the two of them carrying one or two bags of luggage, as well as a bunny and a falcon upon Fluttershy's shoulders.

"H-Hey again..." Zephyr walked towards them, "I'm so sorry."

Without a word, Mr Shy grabbed the boy and hugged him tightly, as did Fluttershy.

"It's okay Zephyr." Fluttershy responded, "Besides, I've always wanted to try boarding."

"Given how much you care for Mr Shiota, I doubt that." Zephyr chuckled,

"I also want to apologise." Fluttershy answered, "As I mentioned over the phone, I was badly affected by mom's passing too. But I never told you or dad for that matter. Or perhaps I had such good support from others that I forgot about you two. I told dad about what I've gone through, but I still have yet to tell you."

"I've learned about what happened from Coach Justice, but if you still want to tell me in your own words, you can do it anytime."

"So Zephyr. Will you feel and do better? Returning back home?" Mr Shy asked,

"Yeah." Zephyr nodded. "I will."

"In that case, here you go Ms Yada." Mr Shy pulled out a fully signed form. "Fluttershy's application with her signature."

"Thanks." Yada accepted, "So to clarify, Zephyr Breeze will swap from a border to a day student. Replacing his boarding position and his room is his older sister, Fluttershy."

"Hang on a second." Fluttershy noticed the bonsai I was holding, "Isn't that mum's bonsai?"

"Our bonsai." Zephyr corrected. "You remember that mum and I bought it."

"Of course." Fluttershy nodded, "And it looks just as healthy as the day you bought it!"

"Well, who do you think is responsible?" Zephyr asked, a little insulted. "I've been taking care of it, ever since I left."

"Yeah..." Fluttershy smiled back, "You're definitely on the way to change for the better. Right, dad?"

"Of course." Mr Shy nodded, dropping the bags and tousling his son's hair, "And even in times of fear and failure, you still kept mum's green thumb. She would be proud."

"Well then..." Zephyr nodded and picked up his bags, "Let's go."

"Take care, Zephyr." Yada waved, "And good luck!"

I walked outside with the father and son to their car and helped load their bags. Once done, and the two of them seated, I passed the bonsai through their car window.

"Coach Justice? No teacher or caretaker has ever done what you did for me." Zephyr added as he took the tree. "Thank you so much."

I stood up straight, gave a small salute, and a little smile.

"See you at school Zephyr. And if there's any other challenge you face, you can come to me." I responded.

"Goodbye." Zephyr waved as he winded up the car window. I waved as Mr Shy reversed out of the porch and onto the road, driving away.

"I guess I should thank you too, Mr Justice," Fluttershy's voice called from the door.

"Then you're welcome." I turned around, walking back into the warm comforts of the dorm.

"By the way, I heard a little bit about your story regarding your name. May I know the story on why you didn't like the name in the first place? And what happened that you accepted it?"

"Sure," I smiled, "Though I think you would know the answer to the second question." As I closed the front door.


2100 hours, and everyone's in their rooms. For Yada, Nagisa and I, we're just hanging out in the teacher's room, typing up our reports and reflecting on the day. Would I say it's a somewhat normal day? Well, there were a few surprises but... I just did what I grew up to be. From a no-good student of Class E due to his name to someone who's known for assassinating a world threat, and now a special police officer working as a PE teacher in a foreign country. I guess I can say it's all thanks to that same world threat I called Korosensei.

"Nagisa! Masayoshi! Yada!" A woman's digital voice echoed from my phone.

"Ritsu!" Nagisa and Yada jumped.

I turned my phone, showing her image to them.

"I have discovered something extremely important!" Ritsu explained, "I have found something important about the person, C.B.B." Ritsu explained, "I worked about 24 hours on deciphering the initials, and I have found a possible match! From the Neighponese word Sakurachou (桜蝶), when literally translated into English, it means-"

"Sakura Butterfly." Yada gasped, "Or rather, Cherry Blossom Butterfly!"

"I wouldn't expect anything less than the world's smartest A.I!" Nagisa chuckled,

"It's a very subtle pen name to go by." Yada continued, "But does that mean Fluttershy's sender is from Neighpon?"

"Sadly, there is no further information to see whether or not the sender has ties to Fluttershy, I mean unless you want to ask Hana and Angel, and I don't think they're the talkative type."

"Ah..."

"But Cherry Blossom Butterfly is more than just a pen name. You see, I found this name on a very secretive part of the internet, specifically in Neighpon. And it's there for a reason."

The three of us froze.

"Explain," I answered,

"Sakurachou is a moniker..." Ritsu gulped, "... For an assassin."


Nagisa's Notes

Noteworthy

Light Cobalt Blue Colour, Moderate Cobalt Blue Hair that is short and thick. Moderate Gamboge Eyes, also wearing an eye gauze.

1. His Eye Gauze is due to an eye condition, though he wouldn't specify it to me. Keeps his secrets.

2. Talented in music, known main instruments include the piano and the viola, though I haven't seen him play the latter.

3. Prefers peace and quiet, would actively avoid noisy places (discovered during lunchtime duty).

4. Deep down, he seems to like seeing people who have committed crimes taste justice. He smirked from the audience during the battle with Windcaller (to which he was a victim) as well as the fight between Flash and Pressure Shaker

5. He seems to find a sense of incompleteness. This often comes up whenever he practices his instruments. Something about... lacking an accompaniment?


Notes about Magic with Sunset

The magic in the human Equestria works very differently from the one in pony Equestria. For one, magic is not an everyday part of life in the human world compared to the pony.

It was only just introduced into the human world from the first CHS incident because of her bringing over a powerful magic item. It is there that Fluttershy and her friends activated their latent magical powers, which gave them pony features similar to their pony counterparts, as well as magic. They termed it 'ponying up'.

Even when the first incident was resolved and the magic item was returned, magic remained in this world. The girls can still 'pony up' whenever they play music, which helped them resolve the second CHS incident.

Sunset discovered that magic will manifest in her and her friends whenever they show their 'truest part of themselves'. This happened in their Friendship Games without music. It was also at the Friendship Games that the third incident occurred, causing the statue to shatter and apparently, leaking the magic from the pony world to the human. But she didn't discover it till later.

The Camp Everfree trip had a fourth incident occurring there, involving Gloriosa Daisy and Timber Spruce. Around there, the seven girls received new magic powers when they were at the camp, while Gloriosa used the source of the magic as a means to gain power over plants and nature. This source was due to a set of magical geodes that originated from the pony world. With this incident resolved, the girls kept their newfound powers thanks to the geodes that they were able to carry around as necklaces. The same geode Fluttershy used physically to distract Bon Bon in the fight.

The leaking magic mentioned before enchanted normal everyday items. Sometimes it even brought over different Equestrian magic artifacts. Sunset and friends solved these minor incidents by confronting not just the items, but the people using them; though it did, unfortunately, lead to most of these artifacts being destroyed.

Because of my trip to the pony world, I somehow absorbed enough magic that I was able to carry it back to my homeworld, which is interesting considering that Sunset and the other girls had to take the survivors of a cruise ship (some of them being fellow CHS students) through the pony world just to get back to safety in the human world. Is it because I stayed there a lot more often, or gotten used to being a pony?

Either way, it's clear that there is a latent magic power in me, and it enhances the skills that I have learned as an assassin and a teacher. Although... does it mean that my truest part is being an assassin? Or a teacher? Now that I think back on the past weeks, it's probably both. Sunset said that, and I'm pretty sure Fluttershy and the others would agree. After all, I had a talent for being an assassin, but I chose to use those skills to help lives rather than take them. Maybe I should be confident about it.

I jokingly asked Sunset, 'Do you think I can pony up?' She just laughed.

Author's Note:

The way the chapter was written today is a sort of parody of another Shonen Jump Anime. Can you guess which one?

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment