• Published 26th Jul 2017
  • 2,946 Views, 82 Comments

Assassination Club - Tythen



MLP/EQG Crossover with Assassination Classroom: Fluttershy gets in an accident with a New Teacher at CHS. She discovered more about his identity, and the events around her. A new club has been established, and those who joined are in for a ride...

  • ...
6
 82
 2,946

PreviousChapters Next
Week 1 Wednesday: Grasping the knife

Nagisa's Notes

Flash Sentry
Blue-Haired, Orange-Skinned male. Commonly likes to wear blue jeans, black jacket, and white shirt with Shield and Lightning Logo.

1. Chivalrous for women (and men?), a man who doesn't look away from actual crime (e.g. The incident of the Fall Formal Dance, where the student Twilight was framed for messing up the school hall.)

2. Klutzy in a way, frequently bumps into people, sometimes gets complicated and flustered when speaking with women, but very caring

3. Very disciplined, military history in his family. Knows about Korosensei.

4. Tends to stay isolated frequently, not even with his own band members of Flash Drive.

5. Average to below average marks on recent tests. Perhaps he requires forming a study group?

6. Is made fun of by a majority of the student body and especially outside the school because of his reasons 1-5. Is dubbed the name 'Brad' because of it.


An upbeat theme regarding the theory of Savage youths echoed throughout the darkened apartment of Nagisa Shiota, waking the Neighponese teacher up from his slumber. Grabbing his phone, the time display of 6:30 am Wednesday reminded him today of the meeting before school, and what he has planned. Dealing with breakfast with a single piece of toast, he hopped upon his pedal-bike and cycled away.

A quarter of the way, he spotted a silhouette stretching his arms and legs on the rooftops. The teacher remembered something or somewhat familiar with this person's activity. Was this person doing parkour? Having an inkling of who this young person is, Nagisa continued riding towards the school.

Through the school grounds, Nagisa quickly arrived at his Classroom/office. He had only about 10 minutes or less on the clock before the students arrive. He dove into his drawers, cupboards, boxes and man-made secret compartments around the class. The students are going to be in for something different, something that won't be involving their studies.


The specified time has come, and students Soarin, Fleetfoot, Flash Sentry and Fluttershy hurried to the classroom, some fresh with energy, and others with drowsy eyes. Their tutor was spotted calmly gazing at the rising sun, lighting up the skies. The students looked at their teacher with puzzling faces and wondered, What's going on with him?

"Please look at the middle front desk at the classroom," Nagisa instructed without looking directly at them. Following the commands, the students first looked confused, then melted into cold-fearing realisation. There was no working paper, no stationary, no supplementary textbook...

Instead, five green razor-sharp combat knives were placed parallel to each other, lying motionlessly on the table.

"Please pick them up," Nagisa requested. Fluttershy and Flash stared at each other, they were expecting this situation to occur sooner or later but they couldn't think of anything to reply with.

The two Wonderbolts, on the other hand, were completely flabbergasted at the sight of weapons. Fleetfoot attempted to make an escape but crashed into the door, somehow closed tight. Scrambling for the handle, some force was preventing it to open wide. She was trapped, the entire class was. Unable to run away, she turned back to the 'teacher'.

"I had a feeling you'd do something like that." Nagisa comforted, "just, please listen to what I have to say first. Don't let the knives scare you."

"Mr Shiota? Are those real???" Fleetfoot nervously asked,

"Exactly Fleetfoot." Nagisa turned around, holding a similar knife between his two index fingers, "these are actual army combat knives. Sharp as steel..." And in front of everyone, bent the sharp-looking blade without any harm or bleeding, "... And strong as rubber."

"No way..." Flash picked up one of the green knives and tested it out himself. His face dropped in shocking confusion and disappointment as the knife's blade bent under the pressure of Flash's finger, just like Nagisa's.

"Oh for goodness sakes!" Soarin let loose a big sigh of relief, "And I thought we were in danger!"

"What is the meaning of this Mr Shiota!?" Fleetfoot burst out, "what's with these replica weapons!? Do you know how dangerous it is to bring weapons to school, even if it's fake!?"

"All in due time." Nagisa calmed, "these are indeed harmless weapons to humans. Rather, they were designed and produced for something else entirely."

"S.A.A.U.S.O." Flash read, examining the initials upon the rubber knife, "Was it something to do with... Korosensei?"

"Right on the nail Flash." Nagisa nodded, "Special Arms Against Unidentified Slimy Octopus."

"That's a complicated name. Why did you need to add the 'Slimy' part?" Soarin asked,

"Then call them Anti-Sensei Weapons." Nagisa snapped, "anyway, there's a reason why I placed them on the table today. Have you seen the news yesterday regarding the students?" The students winced at the mention.

"It blew up everywhere on Social Media." Fluttershy was the first to answer, "so many reactionary comments and mixed emotions."

"So you want us to properly fend for ourselves, the chance that we may be attacked?" Flash asked, sticking the knife in his sleeve.

"Students were always my top priority when it comes to their education as well as their safety, then and now. With what I learnt in Junior high school, I got to put in everything I know to help others."

"You trained with knives in High School?" Soarin blurted out in shock,

"And airguns. Not to mention it's JUNIOR High School since Neighpon has two halves of Secondary Education of Junior and Senior. What are you supposed to do when your teacher destroyed the moon and about to destroy the Earth? Simple answer: Kill him!" The students cringe and gulp in fear, Nagisa remembered what he just said and kept it in mind,

He apologised "My bad guys, I should have said it in subtle terms."

"So, in that case, Mr Shiota, what are you? Who are you?" Fleetfoot asked, "are you some kind of undercover agent?"

"I am what you see right now: A teacher with proper qualifications and credentials if I must add. Teaching experience for about 3 years in Neighpon, and took a teaching job here at Canterlot High School to test the waters of teaching a foreign class. On the other side of it..." He held the knife properly with one hand, "I had an extra activity placed in my syllabus for my Junior High School Days dealing with unarmed combat, knife-work, firearm management and proficiency, and plenty of discovering and improving any special abilities that I have as Nagisa Shiota. Though I have been applying these skills to teaching only, those who use these skills at a professional level or career are known by many titles: Bounty/Head Hunter, Mercenary, or the familiar term, Assassin. My target was my teacher, and he was an assassin himself, the world's most feared."

The four students stared at their teacher, then gave each other looks of mixed feelings and emotions. Their tutor, their teacher, a trained killer, standing before them, giving his entire story, all out of concern for their lives.

"Now, I highly encourage you not to follow in those steps, not even Korosensei wanted me to become an Assassin. I realised there, just because you have the potential to be an assassin doesn't mean you have to be one. You can use the most unlikely of skills for something else that's more beneficial for the world, so that's what I am: An assassin that uses his skills to be a teacher. All I am providing is the means to defend yourself and others when the time comes, or maybe take it as a form of discipline."

Fluttershy spoke, "Sensei. Even if you mean lots for our well-being, for someone that's not like me... Is this a way to keep the secret that you have this dark past and weapons stashed around in class?"

"Th-That's something I can explain myself!" Nagisa replied, "and I'm honest, I don't want my students getting harmed at all! And you don't have to learn self-defence skills if you want! I'm just giving you the chance!"

"Are you sure you're still a teacher?" Fleetfoot asked,

"You'll just have to have faith and believe in me." Nagisa promised, "just as how the Goddess of Friendship has asked her own friends to have faith in her as she performed miraculous acts!"

"Asking for faith after walking on water is one thing, but asking for faith after revealing something life-threatening is a completely different story." Flash nitpicked,

"Sorry, I just didn't expect to be bombarded with so many questions..."

"Welcome to Equestria Mr Shiota." Soarin sarcastically spoke,

"But listen. Even if I teach you guys and girls the ways of handling a knife, it's not exactly your most 'signature' way of assassination. Rather, it's something that you have yourself, your talent, something that you like, and that you can apply it to any adversity of your life. And that's what I'm here to teach you throughout tutor or class. You have a certain... Magic within you, something that you have uniquely taken as your own. Whether family, ethnicity, belief, it makes up a completely unique form of you. That's what I want all of you to discover for yourself. Is that okay?"

The students looked at themselves. Not just physically, but also mentally, spiritually, all the forms of realms that make up a human. They remembered their own concerns that they had throughout their lives, they remembered the announcements regarding Canterlot High. It took only a few minutes to think carefully about what path they will take from here, and came with their own decision.

"Sir," Soarin spoke, "I can tell you one thing, you are unlike any teacher in CHS. To see someone who would give his life story, no matter how dangerous it could be, to see someone who would be caring. I may be ridiculed for being the most laid-back Wonderbolt, but I can see and understand a good man like you. And you know what? I'll take it. Your care is reason enough."

"And Fleetfoot?" Nagisa turned to the female Wonderbolt.

"Just one thing. You said that you have something that can apply to the challenges of life, may I know how you do it? And how you can apply it to Assassination?"

"A demonstration I see. What if I can't convince you? Will you tell the teachers?"

"We'll see..."

"Alrighty then." Nagisa took a deep breath, "Flash, why did you put the knife in your sleeve?"

"This? Oh! Umm..." Flash realised that he was watched the entire time. "It's a habit."

"I see... Perhaps some military camp? I know just out of curiosity, that soldiers like to place knives that are easily obtained by their dominant hand, or secretive. Either your belt, shoe, or like demonstrated in a recent game, your arm. Have you attended a military camp?"

"Yes, I have." Flash replied, "perhaps your knowledge of military decorum in my family is another clue to you?"

"Yep," Nagisa answered, and changed his target. "Fluttershy?"

"Yes, Sensei?"

"For someone being shy, you've got a large aspect of kindness for anyone you're currently affiliated with. Throughout the entire time of me talking, you had a look of worry not for yourself, but for others, specifically, Soarin and Fleetfoot, provided that this is the first time that they're knowing this about me and the knives."

"You knew all along Fluttershy?" Soarin gasped, "and you too Flash?"

"We had some discussion yesterday." Flash replied, "and I believe Fluttershy talked with him the day before."

"That's right." Nagisa nodded, "now, do you know what I like to do? Or what I have a knack for?"

"You're like Sherlock Holmes. Capable of observing and deducing various behaviours and intentions through small bits of information. That's a detective's job, but an assassin???" Fleetfoot replied.

"I had always been observing my teacher, and noted all of his behaviours so that I'm able to find a weakness for that chance that we could take down my 'un-killable teacher', which is a rough translation of Korosensei. I must admit, they had been put to good use when my class had a clear good chance of taking him down once. Everything went just as planned with taking advantage of all his weaknesses. He just had one last fail-safe trick that we didn't calculate." Nagisa explained, "if you like, I can try and analyse you, and find a way to take you down while you're at it."

Fleetfoot stared wide-eyed at the tutor, and rolled the die, "okay then. Try me."

"Fleetfoot, an important member of the Wonderbolts, considered the co vice-captain with Soarin, under the leadership of Captain Spitfire. You've got plenty of bumps and bruises and cuts on your legs and maybe a little on your arms. Injuries during games or practice. Whilst it is recovering quite nicely, and fast if I must add, It also denotes what position you play in for soccer. It could be either between goalie or defender, but I don't see any marks on your hand that would denote you wearing gloves, so that leaves you as a defender."

"Impressive Mr Shiota," Fleetfoot applauded, "but--"

"I'm about to get to that." Nagisa interrupted, "as a defender, you've been taking quite a lot of hits from the ball. In fact, you could withstand more than that due to how rigorously and frequently you practice as a core member of the Wonderbolts. Though you can persevere against physical force, what about elemental? Can you hold your breath for more than a minute let alone survive in it? Can you withstand high temperatures or scorching hot fires to the face? How about metal piercing your well-built and lovely skin?"

"Creepy..." Soarin whispered to Flash.

"Perhaps even with just the right amount of force, you can easily break apart." Nagisa continued, "you see, the most important thing for an assassin, is that they will use anything and everything to make sure their target is captured, unable to escape, or dead. It can involve warfare, sabotage, weakening on any of your mental, physical, emotional, social and spiritual self. Anything to put you in your most despairing state, so you can suffer the worst when it's lights out for you."

"..." Fleetfoot stepped back, looking very aghast. A sick feeling rose in her stomach when she remembered that she was talking to a teacher who knew all about killing, asking him how he can do exactly that to her. She was almost ready to throw up at an instant's notice as her mind herself swung through the many ways that an unsuspecting person could take her life.

"So, I could just spike your lunch with poison, and poof! You're dead. We're as strong in some aspects as we're fragile in others. People try to overcome that with experiments or rituals, but it will always add something dangerous when too over-reliant on them. Even if some Assassins may have the conscience and morals to be responsible for their skills, they're not afraid to use it when they sense something bad is going on in the world. But if an assassin lost all their morals and hope because of some tragic or unlucky backstory of fate, parents or otherwise, then you'd better make peace with everyone you know and love bec--"

"Stoooooop!!!" Fleetfoot yelled out, completely shaken and broken. She fell to her knees, quivering and shaking, clutching her head hoping that this was some sort of demented nightmare. "I... I get it. We're all little people that are bound to die, even if there is the belief in life after death." Tears began falling out from her eyes, "No matter what we do... Is it all for nought?"

"Sir, I think you pushed her a bit too far." Flash noted, "are you okay Fleetfoot?" Nagisa gulped and looked at his mouth. Oh crap, he took the assassin thing too far, he forgot that he was supposed to be a teacher. Figuring out on how to ease the situation, he took a change of voice and spoke.

"Never. Whatever you do, it will mean a lot to yourself, and other people around you." Nagisa angelically replied, placing a hand on the defender's shoulder, "And if many people try to go against you, their biggest obstacle is yourself. The fact that you are able to live and breathe in this world is meaningful already. Look at you. You are the Wonderbolts' key member, a fortuitous defender. You stand strong against the ball, in order to protect your team. You are fast to intercept, steal the ball, all of this leads to you. Imagine what you can do when you apply, not literally, your swift fortitude to anything in this world. It can be wonderful. It's why you are part of the 'Wonder'bolts, are you not?"

"Wonderful..." Fleetfoot repeated, her mouth and lips soaked with tears.

"That's what you are Fleetfoot, and you too Soarin, Flash and Fluttershy. But forget what I just said Fleetfoot, what I have described of you is just what I've learnt from you, you also have to think about yourself. Who are you? Currently, you are a Wonderbolt, one of CHS' greatest sports teams. Can you improve on that, will you be more than that?"

"Mr Shiota..." Fleetfoot looked up, "I don't know what to say."

"First off, thinking too hard about the worst things that are to come is not ideal." He offered his hand, "and second, I'm really sorry that I scared you like that. If I had gone too far, please forgive me and forget all the negative stuff I said to you."

"It's okay Mr Shiota." Fleetfoot comforted, a small smile appeared on her face as she wiped away the tears and grabbed his hand, "I asked for it, and it's only fair you had to answer."

"Taking responsibility is also important in life, and you're doing exactly just that. That's great! One more thing." Nagisa continued, pulling her up. "You are not alone in this. Other people also worry about you. They love you for who you are, and they believe in you. You also have to believe in yourself and them. Believe in the people who believe in you, be it your family, friends, the Goddesses, anyone. No matter what, someone will always believe in you. I believe in you, and so does anyone who comes here. After all, that's what a teacher does. Help his or her students believe in themselves in every walk or form, and assist them in what they can become, whether good or evil. Just remember that someone believes in you when you feel down, just keep on doing what you've always been doing. Being a Wonderbolt, and studying for your future. Just keep at it, and do your best!"

"Yes, Mr Shiota..." Fleetfoot nodded, instantly pulling Nagisa into a hug, "thank you... I know as a student, there are some things I can and can't do, but I promise. What I can do, I will do my best."

"There there..." Nagisa nodded, "now please get off me, or things will get awkward."

"Sorry." Fleetfoot loosened her grip and walked back.

"Okay then, so uh... Will you guys take up the knife or what? Remember, this is still optional."

"Just one more question." Fleetfoot asked, "will we be eventually using guns too?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Still in?"

"Yeah." Fleetfoot determinedly nodded, picking up the second knife, "I'm definitely in."

"What about the rest of you?" Nagisa asked, "don't worry. When lunch rolls in, I promise we'll be doing tutor work as planned and promised. That is what we all came for. Right?"

"Hmm... Just worried that Thunderlane might have missed out a lot of drama today." Fluttershy replied,

"Don't worry. If he comes at lunch, we can give him a subtle surprise." Nagisa chuckled, "now may the rest of you pick up a knife?"


Twenty minutes of basic knifework quickly passed through all the serious training, and the school bell rang to signify the start of school. After going through a few ground-rules on what and what not to do with their skills, the club was dismissed and both teacher and students carried out their normal school routine. Lunch rolled by once again, and Thunderlane made his appearance ten minutes late.

"Ah, Good Afternoon Thunderlane." Nagisa waved, "how was your morning lessons?"

"If you don't count the loud-mouthed teachers, then no. It was horrendous."

"I see, then perhaps you'd like the simple way of going through the vital parts of your lessons today?"

"I'm pretty set Teach. Oh, sorry for not coming early morning, couldn't wake up to save my ass." He walked to his favourite desk, yawning in-between, "quite tired after a long day,"

"No worry, I'm sure all that energy you expended was up to running around rooftops no doubt. Quite early dedication." Nagisa answered, Thunderlane paused for a small second, and turned to the teacher.

"What? What in the world are you talking about?" Thunderlane asked, feigning to be confused.

"Ah, it's nothing. Why don't you make yourself comfortable in a way that you can study at your own accord? Being 10 minutes late isn't something to be cool about you know. Time is rather precious."

"Okay, whatever." Thunderlane sighed as he slumped in the chair. Once Thunderlane was settled, Nagisa nodded to the other students, Fluttershy stood up and walked towards Thunderlane.

"Hey, Thunderlane? Do you seem to have a rubber I can borrow?"

"Huh? Oh umm... Sorry Flutters, I didn't bring my stationary with me, just my own darn self."

"Oh, I see..." Fluttershy sighed,

"Don't worry, I've got a rubber right here, catch!" Fleetfoot called, throwing an Anti-Sensei Knife straight towards the table.

"Woah!" Thunderlane hit the deck as the knife sailed through the air and towards Fluttershy's grasp. Fluttershy 'fumbled' her catch and fell right between the head and arms of Thunderlane, harmlessly falling over like rubber.

"Thanks, Fleetfoot!" Fluttershy laughed as she picked up the knife. Thunderlane poked his head up in great threat as he carefully watched the green knife safely nestled in Fluttershy's hands.

"Teach... Was that an actual knife?"

"Well..." Nagisa pondered, feigning his intentions. "Maybe perhaps if you went to our early morning meeting, you would find out."

"Peh..." Thunderlane grouched,

"But not to worry though. From now on, I devise that we should decide what times we can meet: Before, or after school. The choices can be agreed on by all of you, and you all don't have to come on the same day: I can just tutor one-to-one if you like! Just, I'd like you to have at least one before or after-school meeting. Is that alright?"

"No problem sir!" The four students replied,

"Thunderlane? Cat still got your tongue?" Nagisa replied,

"Looks like someone's a Free spirit huh? Alright, I'll bite. Just don't guarantee a catch." Thunderlane answered.


Excepting Thunderlane, the members of the Special Tutorship Club learned quite a lot about their tutor/supervisor, and how... Dangerous he was, is and will be. Despite the promise of tutoring in school subjects, the club opened up a lot of mysteries and questions regarding his motifs and some existential ideas for their own. Nevertheless, the teenagers learnt something important, and that was to properly discover their potential, and what they can become with it.

For Fleetfoot, she had quite the unexpected and rocky start, perhaps even an unnecessary and overreactive breakdown. Well, it's all part of the learning process, Fleetfoot reminded herself. You can't learn from mistakes if you don't make them, and sometimes getting hurt in both physical and mental ways can heal or fade and become stronger for the future. As she looked upon her bruises during soccer practice, and her mental breakdown early this morning, she's happy to know that the things that won't kill her will make her stronger, and possibly happier too.

PreviousChapters Next