• Published 26th Jul 2017
  • 2,936 Views, 82 Comments

Assassination Club - Tythen



MLP/EQG Crossover with Assassination Classroom: Fluttershy gets in an accident with a New Teacher at CHS. She discovered more about his identity, and the events around her. A new club has been established, and those who joined are in for a ride...

  • ...
5
 82
 2,936

PreviousChapters Next
Week 6 Monday: The Opening of the Colosseum (N. Shiota)

Nagisa's POV

The Week has come, the day rolls in.

And all students and teachers dread this moment, for that's when the Canterlot High School exams begin.

Okay, I think that was a bad rhyme. But hey, even an assassin can try. After all, having a diverse skill set to cover for many situations is vital as I've said before.

It's the Second Term of the School year and that signifies the midterms. Your efforts and milestones in studying up to now are graded and marked upon your present and future stages of life. With something so important on the line, it would pressure a student very far that they might change their usual shtick or daily school life to keep confident, and have nothing but a face filled with anxiety, insecurity, and fear.

The same goes for teachers. We're graded, marked, and judged by the overall performance of our students for every exam, and it also affects our lives. This system is prevalent in many schools in our world, and something that makes a week out of thirty-six stand out as the most crucial one if we ever want to be known as 'efficient' teachers rather than 'good'. Eu was one of those teachers who made sure her previous students were able to hit more than average, and from what I've learned, she definitely hasn't changed her scarring ways since then.

"Morning. Mr Shiota," The boy named Neon Lights waved as I parked my pedal-bike near the car park.

"Morning Neon," I responded, "so did you check the email I sent yesterday?"

"Sure did. It's pretty strange though... Most teachers wouldn't do such a thing because it's Sunday. Resting days and all."

"It's just a small reminder that's easy to write, doesn't cut down a lot of my resting time. So why not?"

"Are you going to be observing?" Neon continued,

"The Afternoon English Class for Morning, and the Noon Chem class for the Afternoon."

"In that case, I'll see you in the Afternoon!" Neon nodded,

"Good Luck Neon!" I waved as he ran on ahead.


The entire day had been nothing but discussion about the exams. Students were talking about how difficult the exams will be, how scared they are, the confessions for lack of preparations, or just disgusted that exams exist in the first place. As I said, it's nerve-racking to both teachers and students.

Canterlot arranges exam times like this. Every exam combines two back-to-back periods together. All students take the same exam at the same time but are separated into different rooms corresponding to their classes.

Outside the exam room was just your peaceful everyday corridor filled with student lockers and posters. Cross through that door, and you step into the sands of a fully packed Colosseum. Similar to how history retells it, gladiators are pitched either against monsters or each other, and they cross blades and shields to create an endless show of blood and dust, all for the sake of entertaining the crowd.

I was one of those gladiators back in Junior High School as a student. Now as a teacher I am part of the crowd, or rather the emperor; Sitting in the Imperial Box, and watching the war unfold below me...

... Though, I find it very alarming that I see Flash walking down the hallway to his next class or exam with a happy-go-lucky look, and walking according to some kind of beat ringing in his head... Coincidentally, I know just exactly what he's marching to, but that's going to have to come later. No one likes their exam invigilator to be late!


"Good Morning students." I addressed Ms Lita's morning class. "I will be watching over your English exam today."

A majority of the students gave sighs of relief while a few acknowledged the decision with a sharp nod. I guess Ms Lita gave them a hard time judging from their expressions and breathing... Not to mention their aura (thanks to that trip to 'Equestria') emitting a faint yellow.

"So," I continued the instructions, "you will have 10 minutes of reading time to read through the questions and plan ahead in your mind. You have three readings marked A, B and C. A will be used to answer 5 short comprehension questions. B focuses on your creative writing, where you must use one of the pictures shown and write a story about it. C is a small news document in which you must write an extended essay for a question given to you. 1 hour and 45 minutes are given for your test."

The class nodded,

"And need I remind you, cheating is strictly discouraged and absolutely prohibited." I continued, using a little bit of my bloodlust gaze, "So if you have anything written in your palms, spare paper, or your phones in class, I'll need you to scrub it out or turn them in right now. Otherwise, you and every student will be in trouble."

The students looked at each other, a fearful signal to do the right thing. Thankfully, none of the students showed any sign of anything hidden.

"Great!" I responded with an uplifting smile, "On that note, I'd also like you to hand in your phones before the exam begins. Unless you've been reminded constantly, that your phones should be placed within your lockers before entering. Now... Is there anything you'd like to add?"

No response from the students once again.

"Now, if you find any typo, spelling mistake or require extra working paper, then let me know. I have a checklist regarding on what should and should not be there, written up before the test, as Ms Lita does. Now students, make sure you keep an eye on the clock. Your reading time starts... Now!"


Ready or not, here they go... Every student spared no time gazing at the hideous creatures prowling around the arena; Analyzing everything they needed to know about their enemies and how to take each of them down. Each student grabbed their own assortment of weapons, threw in some last-minute practice on a technique, maybe even say a little silent prayer.

I looked at the grotesque horde of creatures, with looks that could kill and features that can spur the stubborn and confident to flee for their lives; Then turned to see the numerous students waiting behind the reinforced gates of the Colosseum. Some had their weapons raised and ready to strike; Others held their weapons close to their chest, their legs quivering like no tomorrow.

I looked at a gnomon next to my chair, casting its shadow onto a dial of numbers. I watch closely as the shadow edges closer and closer to the specified mark, the mark where I give the signal to raise the gates between the brave students and their monstrous adversities.

"Everyone!" I commanded, "You may begin writing!"


Pen to Paper, Steel against Skin. Each and every student began writing frantically, eager to slice their answers into their most questionable monsters before them. Some had no problem cleaving the first legion of monsters in their way. Fighters like Twilight and Sunset are once such example, defeating their quarry with grace and confidence. Others I could see were unsure of their skills. Redheart, for example, was quivering in her shoes as she pointed a flimsy spear against a monster... I'd wager it's question No.3. The way it was worded seemed a little tricky to comprehend, which needed two vital attacks to take it down.

I have confidence that Ms Lita and all the other English teachers, despite eccentricities (and believe me, Korosensei and I are quite like this ourselves), did their best in teaching the material to students. This was half the battle, however, the other half is a setback that is quite personal. Family pressure, self-grief, an unpleasant pessimist and sarcastic attitude, or just a plain happy-go-lucky attitude without care; Those things can really make or break exam performance.

That's a teacher's second half of the job, or at the very least, my job to the students of Canterlot High. To make sure that what they have learned is not as hard as trying to slay monsters that are 10 times larger than themselves.

Yesterday, I wrote an email to all official and temporary students of the Special Tutorship Club, reflecting on what Korosensei said to E Class about the importance of our schoolwork or academics in general, while using the basis of being assassins as an example, so it won't raise any red flags to those unfamiliar with me. Around their age, academics are wielded like a second blade or the building of a backup plan in their future lives. Going in with one single plan, no matter how confident you are in it, will become a very fragile life-ring if you're tossed in an uncontrollable sea. Yada, being Professor Bitch's student, knows well in advance how important it is to have many plans in advance for any presentation or business proposal. Same goes with Kimura, as taking down any hostile forces requires meticulous planning and back up plans. To breach, secure, rescue, neutralize, and escape. Leave a stone unturned, and it could mean your life.

Then I gave them the reminder to never be intimidated by the words of a question, no matter how scary it was arranged. Like internet comments, words are typed and written either to encourage or provoke others. Just take things slowly, remember the context, and sooner or later, the hulking beast that stands before Nurse Redheart and Fluttershy right now will be no more than a small slime trying its best to terrorize an innocent village. All they just need is to use a little elbow grease and send it flying...


An hour and forty-five minutes of endless bloodshed and rampaging have passed, and it was time to draw this battle to a close.

"Everyone," I stood up, "please finish any sentence you were on, then put your pens or pencils down. If you don't, then you may be penalized." A wave of sighs and groans of disappointment and relief washed over me,

"Congratulations everyone." I commended, "you have jumped over what is considered to be one of the toughest hurdles of your exams. Now, please place your papers on the right corner of your desk. Once I've collected and looked through yours, you are free to pick up your things and leave. Please do so quietly too."

As the students did so, I started at the front and worked my way back row by row. To each student, I received frowns of discontent and disappointment, to smiles of appreciation and gratitude. Some didn't even want to look at me and quickly walked out of the class once I took their papers and gave them the thumbs up. Once the last student has left the room, I neatly stacked and sorted all the papers by alphabetical order, ready to be marked. Ah yes... Marking and Grading, one of the most painful parts of being a teacher. Have fun Ms Lita and the other English teachers!


"Hey Nagisa," Ms Lita came up to me during Recess in the Teacher's Lounge.

"Yeah?"

"Heads up, thanks for stepping in to watch one of the English Classes." She thanked,

"No problem Lita, we're teachers. We help out each other, just like helping out with our students in thick and thin."

"Yeah, about that..." Ms Lita gave me an embarrassed look, "I heard about what happened during your first week to school. You do know that you have the benefit of getting Health Insurance as a teacher right?"

I froze... Health Insurance?

"And I checked in Neighpon too. Unless you were working in a Public School, you'd also get the benefits of Health Insurance."

Oh, Crap... I completely forgot I was entitled to that. Or was Paradise High School a Private School? I really can't remember my time there. Just my students.

"R-Really? W-Well..." I tried to speak, "I was working in a public school, and got injured on that same week I started. Didn't have time to set it up. Silly little me!" I gave a face to show my clumsiness to her and received a disappointed frown. Well, at least she doesn't know the real reason.

"Nagisa, you really need to thoroughly look at the details and rights you have as a teacher. You'll miss out on opportunities that you are entitled and have a right to." She reprimanded.

"I understand what you mean," I returned with a normal tone, "but it's not the end of the world, far from it. Besides, I only need the bare minimum to survive; Any excess I use is for my students and others. Should something bad happen to me and I receive compensation according to Law, Rights or Court, I'll take it. But I'm going to use that for something to prevent such cases like this, should it happen to the students."

"Ugh..." Ms Lita groaned, "so you really are one of 'those' people. All due respect Nagisa, this isn't Neighpon, and we live in a time where we get what we rightfully deserve. We will not settle for less."

"And you're still thinking that people with your mindset are separated by a Country's law, politics and culture. There are many people in Neighpon living their lives like you, and there are many people in Equestria living their lives like me. No one should be excluded or criticized just because they live life differently, be it living by their own rules, or the rules of others; parents, government, queen or Goddess."

"I see." Ms Lita reluctantly nodded, "I'll take your word for it. Just let me give a little small advice, the people I've seen who live like that end up as the bottom feeders of society; Irrelevant and forgotten."

"And I'm sure they have their own reasons doing so, aware of the consequences, and no regrets." I countered with a smile, eyes tight shut. "Nice sharing with you! Me and you, and the teachers of this school; Should go out for a drink or fun and games! ... Of course, after all, our exams are over."

"Right... I'll think about that too."


The 25 students before came as usual to the Tutorship Club, and with each of us knowing the important matter at hand, studied for their Chemistry exam with my approval. Heck, I even asked Phos beforehand to come along to give some guidance to his students, and he happily agreed.

"Now everyone, the periodic table will be provided in the exam. However, you will need to remember their atomic structure for yourself." Phos taught,

"Professor, can you explain the rules of balancing equations?" Vinyl asked,

"Sure thing!"

Well, I'd honestly like to help, but I can't remember much of my science skills, not unlike Okuda or Takebayashi. Besides, I've got the heads up that I'll have to start working on parts of the Neighponese exam myself before the end of this week.

But I'm worried about something else... If Ritsu really said what Pressure Shaker is all about, he would find the perfect time to sabotage the students at their most vulnerable state, being so occupied with exams, and not to mention all being in the same place. He was seen sneaking around the school the past few days, so why isn't he attacking? The thought of him sabotaging the school is putting a giant conflict in my decision making. Should I focus as an exam writer? Or a protector?

Actually, if it were Korosensei, he'd do both. That's probably a silly question to ask. In that case, focus on writing a part of my exam, run the Chem exam, then go back to the manor and deal with it there.


Now comes the final exam of the day, Chemistry. And like before, I'll be 'releasing' different monsters into the ring. Monsterous constructs, horrific creatures that were created due to unforeseen consequences of crazy genetic splicing or something like that. Call it being thematic.

I saw more of the boys here rather than the girls of the club here. Flash, Thunderlane, Noteworthy, Big Mac, Obi and Neon to name a few. Other ones I can see in the class is the one they call Comet Tail. I recognise this guy from the contest many weeks ago being part of the Science club, and also one of the brightest. I know Phos, Forsythe and even Eu hold him in high regard for his remarkable performances in classwork, homework and assessments. It goes without saying, but he is a confident match against Twilight in the subjects of Science.

"Your reading time starts now!" I announced after dealing with the rules and procedures. Despite the confidence and track record of Comet, he seems to be deeply intent on putting lots of insight into the monsters before him, wanting nothing but an absolute way of answering the questions and squash them like ants. He'd likely get a high grade on his High School Diploma, maybe even be an assassin. Though at his rate, he really wouldn't need the likes of me to tutor him.

However, I noticed something very concerning... Whereas everyone tried their hardest in taking down their monsters, Comet Tail doing it swiftly and efficiently, Flash seems to have taken a different path. His skill hits true, and lands a perfect hit into the enemy's weak point; But instead of putting it out of its misery, he just leaves it be for another target while whistling, giving it a long painful death. No no no... That's not what an Assassin would do... Only a sadistic torturer would do that, and I only know one guy who's able to do both in assassination and academics. By all means, Flash was definitely not on his level.


"Time's up everyone," I announced. "Please finish the sentence or answer you are on, then put your pens down. After that, please place your multiple choice answer sheet between the 2nd and 3rd page of the question booklet."

Whilst everyone was performing their final duties within the exam room, I cannot shake the sight of a student under my tutelage acting this way. I need to find out what is going on.

"Alright then," I spoke, "I'll be coming to you and taking your papers. Once I have yours, you are free to grab your stuff and go home." The class said nothing, and I began my march.

"Well done, Comet. Another tough trial passed through." I congratulated,

"Thanks, sir," Comet nodded,

"Congratulations Big Mac." I continued with my compliments, "I have high hopes you did well,"

"Eeyup." Big Mac nodded. It seems the students aren't as miffed or troubled as they were last Tuesday when they took the practice exam.

"So Thunderlane, how did it go?" I asked,

"It's... It's just over teach, just over." Thunderlane sighed,

"And well done to you too Derpy."

"No problem sir!" The yellow-haired girl saluted with her ever uniquely cheerful face.

"Well done, Flash." I approached him, "that's another hurdle out of the way."

"Of course," Flash smiled, "and it's just a lot more to push through."

"Yeah about that..." I gave a small frown, "I'd like you to come back here once you've packed your bag to go home."

"O-Okay sir," Flash reluctantly nodded. "A-Am I in trouble?"

"No, not at all. Just a little concern." I answered, "now get going. You don't want to be kept waiting, and neither should your siblings!"

"Are you sure sir?" Flash asked, "You've got a lot to set up tomorrow."

I looked around and whispered closely, "Going into a teaching job from a different perspective can yield many ways to get work done, not tested of course..."

"I see then, I won't take long." Flash nodded as he got up and walked out. I continued giving my compliments to each and every student I walked to meet, while everyone else was none the wiser that what I did was just to speak with Flash.


And it was just when I've fully stacked all the papers alphabetically and placed them neatly in an area where Phos or some other Chem teacher can collect them, that Flash strode into the room, bobbing his head side-to-side and walking to some rhythm like I saw this morning.

"Soooo... What do you need sir?" Flash asked,

"This may seem very out of ordinary compared to what I've done for the past 6 weeks, but I'm beginning to see a lot of concern, and something which I should have brought up a week ago."

"Is it something to do with Kuro that you need to share?"

"Of course not, it's something to do with you," I responded,

The moment I talked about him, his mouth straightened out, and his eyebrows were arched.

"Is it something to do with the practice tests we did for the past weeks?"

"Yes. Including the Physics and Chemistry one. Average across the board." I nodded, "whilst it's definitely not bad, seeing you like that today was disturbing. May I remind you are part of the Special tutorship club, and academics are just as important as your self-esteem; If you are really having difficulty with these tests, there is no shame in asking for help. Even we can't do everything by ourselves."

"Funny, that message was spoken in Sermon yesterday." Flash chuckled,

"And all the more cause for heeding such a message!" I stood up, "you're not putting in a lot of effort, and that's making me concerned!"

"Sir, we've been working our butts off thanks to you and the other teachers last week. I've got no cause for worry."

"And I know that, but there is a very fine line between confidence... And complacency." I rebuked.

Flash crossed his arms with an even bigger frown. "You've got to be kidding me."

"No, I am not." I shook my head, "and you shouldn't be kidding yourself. Assassins and soldiers are sticklers for detail. They wouldn't leave their mission without making sure the job is completely finished."

"That much is true," Flash firmly nodded in agreement, "and such a mission must be done without the slightest sign of panic or hesitation, as it will cost a life in a split second."

"But that also includes putting the effort in your academics and exams. Someone like you would know about putting all your eggs in one basket." I continued, "and whilst I do believe that appearances are deceiving, I wasn't judging by the look of your face."

"Oh..." Flash's eyes widened, "so you're using your 'Assassination Skills'. Interesting."

All of a sudden, the beating of his heart took a different turn, and each beat was a light amidst certain darkness. Oh-no... This is NOT good.

"As I said, you can always come to me if you've got any problems. Academic, and most importantly personal issues!" I continued my tone of concern. "You came here in order to improve your grades, and after looking through your practice tests and especially just now, it's definitely not your comprehension to your studies!"

"Very much acknowledged sir, but as I said, there's absolutely no worry." Flash replied, "It's going to be alright!"

Dammit! Why is he trying to avoid my concerns? It's blatantly obvious that I can read what you are thinking Flash! The things that you speak out of your mouth is true. And yet...

"There's no need to worry sir." Flash responded with care in his tone, "I'll be alright. Trust me."

"V-Very well then..." I swallowed, "just put more effort in your exams tomorrow... Like you did today."

"Will do sir. See you tomorrow!" He flashed me, pun intended, with that corny, cheerful smile of his and strolled out the door. To Korosensei, seeing smiles of confidence, encouragement, and empowerment was what he worked so hard for. This smile was the exact same thing, but it had the opposite reaction from me. In fact, I had no idea how I feel about this.

This wasn't anger spurred from people yelling death threats at each other, nor was it the bullying of students. This was a complete blow to me, seeing this form of distrust. Sure, there were always many grey rocks along the path of being an assassin-teacher, but they were reconciled. Flash, on the other hand, was heavily focused on that. Focused on me, and how to get past me as an assassin, instead of refining his studies. Worst of all? I can see it was a work in progress. He was hiding things and reasons regarding his complacency, he was aware of what I'm doing to him, and what my reaction was going to be the moment he admitted that, even if it wasn't a provocation at all.

He came to class as the most respectful person, even more so when he did what he did for the past few weeks. Now he's able to find ways to avoid or counter any strengths of any suspicious figure in his mind. He's very perceptive, yes. But he's the last person in my mind to do something like that. I swear the only way to show someone like him that I care is that I should--

No. Stop RIGHT NOW Nagisa. Do NOT lose your temper and cross the border of harming students. This is not what I am... I just... I just have to be careful with him... I can't take any chances either. I'll need to find a way to get back his trust as a whole or build a form of trust if there never was one.

And just like that, the thought of Pressure Shaker had slipped my mind. Though I am concerned. He has not been seen for the entire school day. A concern, but all the more to work harder on keeping him out for this week.


"Urgh..."

Deep in the late night, a man, beaten and bloodied out of the blue, fell to the knees of his assailant smartly clad in black; Tie, shoes, fedora, everything.

"Wha-!? Wh--!? I thought we had a deal!!!" The injured man growled, "if I dealt with that fucking teacher, you'd leave me alone!"

"And yet you still have not dealt with him after one entire week." The man cooly responded, "and to say that you're an expert in crimes?"

"I'm a robber, not an arsonist!" The man spat, only to receive a sharp kick to his face.

"If you think a job like mine is an easy cakewalk compared to yours, think again." The man in black spoke, retaining his cool-headed tone, "we have to deal with the worst of people in the world you know. Ungrateful citizens, ridiculous protestors, backstabbing colleagues. It's thanks to people like them that we've resorted to people like you." He took a moment to adjust his fedora, "and given your track record? I'm honestly kind of disappointed. Such a genius in technology and guts in getting things your way, but a complete farce when it comes to fisticuffs."

"I knew it..." Pressure Shaker growled, "you're big time. Part of the fucking Government... So you really are fucking dirty!"

"Dirty or not, we make sure our employees are efficient, and that's NOT what you're doing. So let me make this quick..." The black man mercilessly grabbed the criminal by his hair, causing Mr Shaker to screech in pain.

"Hey!" The black-dressed man firmly cupped a hand on his victim's mouth, "none of that! I'll be giving you one last chance. I want you to finish the job by the end of this week. If not... It's back to the clinker for you!"

"That ain't going to work..." Pressure grinned, "I can always escape, bailout or otherwise!"

"Oh, I'm not done..." The man grinned back, adding force to the hair-pulling. "All your hard earned money? Confiscated, and most definitely burnt to ash."

"You wouldn't!!!" Pressure roared,

"Don't test me. All your accumulation is but a single bit compared to other large companies. It's a waste to some, but it's all the more to set an example that can stick to you for life. Understand?"

"F-Fuck you!!!" Mr Shaker cursed,

"Alrighty then. That's all I needed to tell you. Nighty-Night." The black-dressed man chuckled as he delivered a merciless blow to Mr Shaker's stomach.

"Not to worry... Someone like you will be able to walk it off back to your kiddy cave before anyone shows up." The man laughed. "Now what's next on the agenda... Oh yeah! Time to pay a visit to that Sapphire Blue Spiky-haired teenager!!! This is going to be very exciting..."


Author's Note:

Nagisa's Notes

Flash Sentry

*IMPORTANT*

He's being very aware now. I need to make sure to get him focused for his test, rather than on me.

PreviousChapters Next