• Published 26th Jul 2017
  • 2,936 Views, 82 Comments

Assassination Club - Tythen



MLP/EQG Crossover with Assassination Classroom: Fluttershy gets in an accident with a New Teacher at CHS. She discovered more about his identity, and the events around her. A new club has been established, and those who joined are in for a ride...

  • ...
5
 82
 2,936

PreviousChapters Next
Week 4 Thursday: A Contest Spectacular

"Welcome everyone, to Canterlot High School's first inter-club contest!" Principal Celestia announced, "I hope you've brought along snacks while you're being entertained, and might I remind you that although we do have staff, it would make their job easier if you take rubbish with you too. Now without further ado, may I please present to you, Cheerilee!"

The crowd applauded as their Principal walked off while the Student Council President took the stage. Yada and Kimura applauded with them as they sat in the teacher's spot.

"Thank you very much, Principal Celestia!" Cheerilee thanked, "for a basis of introduction, our clubs have are known to be hard magical workers, and are guaranteed to present something extraordinary! Be amazed! Be allured, Be mesmerised!" Cheerilee continued on her introductions and instructions by gesturing to the program placed under the seats of most of the chairs. Upon its well-designed programme, the Special Tutorship Club was positioned as the last club to perform, as if it was expected, starting first with the Science Club, and then the Orchestral, Drama, Movie and Glee Club. Cheerilee had to go over a few safety matters first, such as the case of a Fire, Blackout and whatnot, not to mention the use of photography is strictly forbidden except for the filming crew (and their photographer's exceptional!).

"Alright, time's a wasting!" Cheerilee sighed with relief as she got the safety stuff out of the way, "Let's get this show on the road! I want you to give a big welcome to our inventive and genius Science Club!" The audience applauded as a group of students wearing lab coats and goggles entered the stage, some carried big trays of science apparatus and equipment, while others with free hands waved to the applauding crowd. Waiting for the stage crew to quickly drag some tables out, the Supervising Teacher took the mike and gave a welcoming speech as the other students set their equipment up,


"Thank you! Thank you very much!" Professor Phos spoke, "as an entry, Science is truly an amazing gift on what you can find and achieve with it! I'd like to give a warm welcome to our students! A special mention goes to our Most Valuable Member, a great young genius of your generation, Comet Tail!" He introduced a dull yellow boy who walked forward and bowed to the audience, who responded with applause. Without any other word, the straight-faced student took his place on his table.

"Alright, I've dragged on long enough." Professor Phos sighed, "let's show you our marvel!"

And it was certainly a marvel indeed. The Science Club performed many quick experiments that were very risky and was not imitated in a usual Science Class. Creating colour-changing flares, layers upon layers of coloured liquid, a Cute Bottle Rocket that was powered by the baking soda-vinegar volcano trick, and the biggest highlight of it all: Nitrogen-made Ice Cream. The brave soul who dared to try it (along with a drum roll) was amazed by its taste,

"It's Delicious!!!" He yelled out, and the crowd yelled in cheers.

"Ha ha ha! That's adorable!" Kimura laughed, "it's great to see that something so major in humanity's life is used for the smallest of things, and that really counts!"

"Hey! At least we didn't have to use it for assassination!" Yada responded, and they both laughed together.

"Shh!!!" Mr Ramon, who was sitting next to them, shushed.

"Sorry!" The two teachers giggled. They looked at each other with the surprising unison... And giggled again.

"Thank you very much for your works Science Club!" Cheerilee thanked as she got back on the stage and waved the club away. "Now, as the stage crew are setting up for our next performance. I should give the details on who's next. Moving from pleasing the eyes, we now come to please your ears! That's right, the Orchestral Club is coming up next, and they're ready to play us an energetic Concerto!"


Behind her, the stage crew replaced the tables with a large number of chairs and music stands. In the middle of those two, a number of students carried or rolled various instruments of the four known categories: Strings, Woodwind, Brass and Percussion, some also brought their chairs and stands to assist the crew. Once the Club got set up, the Conductor Mr Metro made his appearance and bowed. The audience fell silent as ready to listen to the performance.

Instead, the Conductor gestured to a grey-skinned girl with dark hair who firmly walked onto the stage carrying a big Cello. The female cellist turned to the audience and lightly bowed before taking a seat on a stool placed just for her, facing the audience.

"Octavia Melody." Kimura whispered, "she's CHS' professional music player, she wins at least two music competitions a year. Her family has a rich lineage of musicians as well as being plain rich too."

"Hey, did any of us play a musical instrument?" Yada asked,

"Mimura for sure. However, Air guitar doesn't count!" Kimura joked back, and they laughed again.

"Oy!" Mr Ramon rasped, "keep it down!"

"Sorry!" The two responded,

"But jokes aside," Kimura continued, "I know that one was part of the music club, and another had a hobby of jazz dancing."

"Seems uncorrelated. Who?"

"Our long-distance shooters, Chiba and Hayami!"

"Aww..." Yada smiled, "It's warm to talk about our classmates once again while we're in another country, I feel nostalgic already. I wonder how the two are doing now?"

"I dunno, but there's still one more classmate of ours making music..." Kimura smiled,

"And that's Ritsu..." The two finished off with a giggle.

"Why do I bother?" Mr Ramon sighed at the giggling adults.

Without any other sound, the Conductor turned to the orchestra and signalled them to get ready. Bows were on strings, sticks were at the ready, all of the woodwind musicians placed their respective instruments close to their mouths, ready to start at the movement of their Conductor. Everyone fell silent, ready to take in the first instrument they could hear.

But at the jump of the Conductor, the Orchestra all played at once with great volume and sudden timing. The Fortissimo volumes of every instrument tore through the crowd with surprise, taken aback by this sudden attack.

"Well isn't that a way to start a show!" Kimura spoke,

"What? I can't hear you!" Yada replied,

"Ay Caramba keep it down!" Mr Ramon moaned. Yes indeed, the audience was pulled in for a high-speed rollercoaster ride, but little did they know that a Concerto was made for a solo instrument with an accompaniment. Octavia, calm and stoic as she can be, placed her bow onto her strings and joined in at the perfect point and played at the exact same speed as the Orchestra was, immediately making the entire orchestra her accompaniment as she melodically leads the charge.

"Woah!" The crowd gasped, as did Mr Ramon. Kimura and Yada on the other hand? They just smiled at the entrance of the Cellist. It was truly amazing from start to finish. The cellist Octavia had no emotion upon her face as she silently introduced herself with a bow, but the way she plays and moves her body was a pure emotion that goes along with the Concerto. Throughout all the three movements, she was the main focus, the main character in the musical context. The commander of the advancing army, the griever in the military funeral ceremonies, and the Award Winner in the Celebration of Complete Victory. She played flawlessly through every cadenza and tempo change, added so many instrument techniques to her playing, held every fermata as if the World Stood still, and finished the entire concerto with a loud bang and a pose.

No matter who people are, and no matter if a majority of the audience loathes classical music, the vigorous enthusiasm of the Orchestra and Octavia, the musician with deceptive emotions, caused everyone to give an enormous standing ovation for the Club. Whilst the conductor bowed as many times as he could, the Stoic Cellist only bowed once when gestured to. With that, the entire Orchestra packed their things along with the stage crew and left the stage without any hassle.

"Bravissimo! Bravissima!" Yada exclaimed.

"What a performance!" Cheerilee hopped back to the stage as she waved them off, "that was truly exhilarating! Looks like our judges may have a tough time deciding! Which reminds me, I should tell you who are judges are. Light please?" With her instruction, the spotlight gravitates towards the judges' table, where two of the most important members of the School are. "Like our Musical Showcase, they are also our judges for this club contest and let me tell you, they are just as strict as any judge in our Country, despite being entertained so easily. So stay on your toes for the clubs that are yet to perform!"


The clubs did more than just stay on their toes, they were further motivated to perform their best, which was the speech's intention in the first place. The Drama Club, after a soliloquy made by Madame Playwright, did a great rendition of one of Swishspeare's dramatic acts, the defeat and end of the dreadful King Richard the Third. It was well performed, the emotions of an evil usurper running for his life were great and it made all the staff members entertained, although it wasn't much of a turn-on for the rest of the students when they went through hell and back deconstructing that same play for their English syllabus.

"Mr Ramon?" Yada asked, "do you know what the teens do for English class?"

"Well SeƱorita, I was raised in Mexicolt while you were raised in Neighpon as children. Our English classes would be the same for you then, learning English?"

"That's what happened." Kimura nodded, "though in primary school. What about Junior High, or just High School for you?"

"I've heard that English for them comes from having to read and comprehend various literature and movies. You know, really technical stuff that we would normally do when consulting the literature of our own language."

"But that means we had to do both!" Yada yelped, "not just reading through English Literature, translated or not, but we even had to do the same to our own language. Meanwhile, Equestria's languages classes are just exactly learning the language instead!"

"Silencio!" Mr Ramon reminded them, "on the bright side, at least we know more than they ever will!"


The Movie Club was next, and the animation they presented was one of the most thought-provoking topics the School has ever seen. It presented many historical cases from past to present, and the events that changed humanity and the many different things that set them apart be it Gender, Sex Orientation, Nationality, Religion and every feature within a human that would be simply perceived as different. It was handled with such dedication and delicateness in music, voices, pictures, excerpts, and whatnot, that was was not biased towards one another. The end message was this, change is something that will always shake the world whether it was good or not and for the future to come, but that change begins with you. This message was so heavy-hearted but filled with hope, that yet another standing ovation was given with such enthusiasm, even the Judges stood up and clapped.

"Amazing." Yada spoke as she clapped, "what do you think Masayoshi?"

"There were many topics in there that we would rarely talk about, mostly because we find it... Irrelevant in our lives. I'd uh... It really helps me rethink my way of thinking now." Kimura answered, "I can definitely see the inspiration that drives all those Manga Artists and Anime Makers, something that Fuwa and Mimura would do. They'd learn a thing or two from Equestria!"

"Don't take it so dramatically," Mr Ramon laughed, "sometimes, it takes time to come to terms with change. Just like it took me before I began loving the Goddess of Magic! I hated her when I was young."

"Sounds dramatic," Yada answered back with a chuckle.


"What a spectacle!" Cheerilee thanked the group as the movie cast and team bowed to the group. "What a tremendous story, and an important history that we should always learn and remember, so we can take it to the future! Now, for our Penultimate act, we've got the one, the only, the Wondertones of the Choir Club!!! Let's see if you can give them your welcoming song!"

"Uhh..." The students and staff nervously shuffled,

"I mean just what you've always been doing! Cheering and clapping!" Cheerilee sighed, the crowd laughed at the realisation and began clapping as the Wondertones Quartet stepped onto the stage complete with their trademark Wondertones fleece and bow tie. A majority of the boys (and girls) wowed at the sight of Rarity, leader of the Wondertones and the most dazzling of them all. At the back of the line, Big Macintosh walked behind with a wide-eyed smile as he straightened his bow tie. He enjoyed singing, he enjoyed being the bassline for his fellow singers, and he can't wait for everyone to hear. At the same time, he was super excited that he was participating in another club event that means a lot to him, and it so happens to be the very next (and last) one...

"Now now everyone," The Club Supervisor and Vocal conductor, Mr Tone announced. "We will be singing you an energetic song arranged into an acapella that we all had fun with. So get ready! Now then..." With a signalling cough, the audience fell silent and were ready to hear the quartet break out in song.

"Hmm..." Big Mac started with the Bass,

"Hmm..." The Tenor, Toe-Tapper, joined in a different pitch,

"Hmm..." The Alto, Torch Song, joined in the tune, a pitch even higher.

"Hmm..." Rarity was the last to join, her voice nailing her role as the Soprano.

Like a barbershop quartet, the four broke through their respective voice ranges and began singing in acapella formation, a very well-known pop song. Big Mac was singing the beat of the tune as he joined with the finger snapping and slight dancing of the Wondertones. Throughout their amazing harmony and resemblance of the Wondertone's voices to the many instruments played in the song. It was catchy, it was soothing, it caught the student audience by the ears as they listen to a great rendition of a very famous and recent song. Everyone in Equestria who's heard about for a long time would know this song by heart, the two Neighponese teachers on the other hand...

"They sing great, they really do." Kimura complimented,

"Maybe we should actually listen to the original piece in the first place," Yada chuckled,

"Perhaps I can loan you my music over lunchtime in the Teacher's Lounge?" Mr Ramon offered, "I've got the latest music here too if you don't mind some good ol' Mehicolt."

"That is a very generous offer Mr Ramon," Yada smiled "thank you."

"Hey!" A small whisper came from the sides of their seats. The teachers turned around to see Flitter up to their faces,

"Our beloved Tutor needs you!" Flitter explained, "we've decided to add a bit more to our Ninja trick and other things, we need you to add some more props!"

"O-Okay then," Yada nodded, "Masayoshi, can you stay here?"

"No problem Madam." Kimura saluted,

"Catch you later!" Yada winked as Flitter led her to the exit.

"So Mr Kimura," Mr Ramon asked, "what does your club have in store?"

"It's happening right after, you'll be surprised." Kimura chuckled as the Wondertones finish their last note in unison and ended with a pose. Massive screams of cheers went up the crowd and cheered just as loud as the Orchestra Club and the Movie Club. As the Quartet finished bowing, Big Mac looked to Rarity and his other fellow singers as if silently asking for something. Getting nods of approval, Big Mac quickly darted off the stage, frantically taking off his bowtie and Wondertone fleece.

"Thank you! Thank you very much! Truly spectacular singing!" Cheerilee thanked and waved as the Wondertones calmly left the stage, "Wow everyone! It's been nothing but applause and cheers from you! We're certainly going to lose our voices and hands here, not to mention our judges having a hard time to decide!" Cheerilee joked, "but it's not over. As I used the word 'Penultimate', there is indeed one more entrant!!! Before we get to that though, I'd like to thank you all for attending this contest and to thank all of the crew for setting this up. Our stage cast, our staff members, our Principal and Vice-Principal. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to show our extra-curricular flair! Give them a hand everyone!" With that, everyone began applauding, though it wasn't as loud as it was for the Choir Club,

"Okay everyone," Cheerilee laughed, signalling everyone to calm down, "now without further ado, I'd like to present to you on the stage, our newly established club for this year supervised by our newly established teacher for this year! Please! Welcome! The Special Tutorship Club!"


The crowd politely but still loudly applauded as Fluttershy walked up to the stage with a microphone grasped by her trembling hands. She looked to the crowd, shivering as the clapping died down pretty fast. At times like this when she's alone on the stage... It gets a little... No, VERY frightening for her.

"Good luck," Cheerilee whispered to Fluttershy as she left the stage.

"H-Hello, everyone." Fluttershy greeted while holding the microphone to her lips, "I-I'm sure many of you have a lot of questions, as to why we haven't got Mr Shiota introducing us, or where he is at the moment. But there's a big overarching question you want to know right now, what can a tutoring club like... Like ours d-do?" Her legs started shaking as she saw the crowd of students and staff, starting to lose interest. Fluttershy took a deep breath and continued,

"Well... Not a lot that would be entertaining, but... It's mostly regarding our new Neighponese Teacher who just returned to school this week, not to mention our multi-language teacher as well as our new coach... A-And the thing they have in common... Is the c-country they were born from, and that's what we would like to uh... Tutor you in a very entertaining way."

On cue, Angel entered the stage with an A4 sized paper kept between his teeth. He approached Fluttershy and passed the sheet to her, getting the crowd's attention once again. Fluttershy examined the words upon it and looked back to the crowd with a firm look and nodded towards the back of the audience. A large image of Neighpon's Geography projected on the large wall backdrop behind Fluttershy, and on the big screens.

"This," Fluttershy gestured to the image, "is the country of Neighpon. It is located on the Eastern side of the world, far away from where we are." The image moved to the next image of the geographical map of the world and its continents, with the country of Equestria and Neighpon being circled.

"Unlike our Fifty States, Neighpon is developed into Eight Regions as shown in this Picture." The picture changed back into the country of Neighpon, this time with its specified regions colour coded and labelled. "Within each region, a number of prefectures."

"Fleetfoot managed to get that right," Kimura nodded,

"They may have different cultures, they may have different ways of life... But it certainly is interesting to take in the sights." The screen then delved through various different photos of the Country itself, such as a large tall shopping centre in a well known District in Tokyoats,

"This is Tokyoats, the capital city of Neighpon. The picture you see right now is one of the most famous crossroads and shopping centre. Yes, I'm talking about this big tower with the 3-digit number. This place is considered to be one of the most modern districts in the world, and where a majority of the Neighponese population live. But it's not all just about the new and relevant. Neighpon is also very associated with their history and culture too." The next slide turns to another district, where endless streets were strewn with shops, hotels, game centres, all covered by a large roof that stood up on top. It then darted towards a large Neighponese castle surrounded by a very low moat and a scale of rocks that proved to be impossible to climb.

"This is Oaksaka, the second most populated region in Neighpon and contains the most historical and cultural aspect that makes Neighpon." She looked down her scripts, "there are many more photos we can show you about Neighpon, but it wouldn't be fulfilling if we didn't talk about the people..." On cue, Roseluck and Soarin stepped out, acting like normal people walking about in their lives.

"Neighponese people well... We always hear plenty of bad things on the internet, but if you think about it, they lead similar lives as we do. Eating, sleeping, going to work, socialising, and making mistakes in our lives in which we sometimes leave us and others very guilty about." As she spoke, Roseluck bowed to Soarin while holding out a business card as a way of greeting. Soarin accepted it and bowed too, only to bump his head (purposely) on Roseluck. The crowd chuckled and laughed as both raised their heads in pain and rubbed their bumps out of clumsiness while silently chuckling. Soarin bowed again out of apology, but at least further away from Roseluck.

"Now, I hope you can forgive me for playing the kid here, but I'm sure you'd like to see what Neighpon is most known for in the World. First..." Fluttershy paused for Roseluck pulled out a book and began reading it, "Neighponese graphic novels, or Manga as they call it. Stories that are written out in Comic-Strip style. It may be just as long as the comics of our Superheroes! But aside from that, they also make..." Soarin pulled out Flash's Neightendo Toggle, and began playing with it, "Video Games! A majority game companies well known around the world originate from Neighpon. Neightendo, Haystation, 4-Sided Enigma, PONY, you get the gist!" She took another deep breath to check the audience, their eyes were at least glued to the stage, though their frowns tell a different story.

"Come on Fluttershy." Kimura whispered, "you can do it!"

"But aside from these things we know today, there is so much more that one can only see in Neighpon, and those are festivals... Festivals that happen at least more than once every year, and vary between regions and prefectures."

"WHEEE!!!" Pinkie hopped out with a fox mask stuck onto her puffy hair (yes, the hair caused the mask to stick rather than a string wrapping around the hair) as well as many items, snacks and gifts clenched in her hands and wrapped around her body. The picture background changed from daytime to nighttime, where the skies were lit up by the warm ambient lights of a Neighponese festival. Roseluck and Soarin are surprised by Pinkie's entrance as she happily hopped to the duo and offered them some items. Roseluck, acting interested, happily accepted a Pinwheel from Pinkie while Soarin took a bag filled with teensy colourful bits of candy.

"There are many types of food, prizes to win, and many games to win those prizes! We're glad to show you an example. Watch!" Fluttershy gestured.

Pinkie trotted off the stage and returned with a plastic tub, while Big Mac and Flash followed along with a table. As the table was placed down along with the tub on top of it, some of the TV displays swapped into a camera feed which gave a close up straight towards the stage. The stage cameraman hopped onto the stage to show everyone what was inside the tub.

"Oooh!" Multiple sound effects of interest echoed by the crowd once again as they saw goldfish of all sizes and colours swimming around in the water-filled tub, happily minding their own business. Kimura stood up with amazement to see what was going to come next.

"Now," Fluttershy introduced, "this is a very popular game among children, teenagers and most adults; Goldfish Scooping. I'm sure you know this, but the Prizes you claim from this game are the goldfish that you have caught!" The camera then turned to the five figures surrounding the tub, one of them filling a small bowl with water from the tub.

"First, let's be honest." Fluttershy continued, "it is easy to scoop goldfish when you have the right tools, but here's the twist that makes this game so fun. You see... You won't be using ordinary nets."

Pinkie picked up a kids fishing net, looked at it with disgust, and tossed it out.

"You'll be using these instead," Fluttershy finished. Pinkie pulled out a number of nets where the netting is flat, thin, and paper-like. She held it towards the camera so everyone could see clearly.

"Now... Many of you are wondering 'you can't catch fish with that, it's too fragile!'" Fluttershy replied, "the answer is yes, the paper that makes up this net is very fragile, and can easily tear when in contact with water." She turned to the five students, "but with the disadvantage in tools comes the biggest test of skill!"

Speakers all around the gym emitted an upbeat tune played by Taiko Drums, drumming suspense and anticipation which caught everyone in the hall off-guard from the surprise of music. With all watching the screens, Pinkie pulled a mock-serious face as she passes a net each to Soarin and Roseluck. Pinkie pointed at Soarin to go first, and the camera changed the focus to him.

He turned the net perpendicular to the water...

Drove it in...

And scooped up a nearby unsuspecting fish...

But alas, the ever thin paper net broke before it even touched the fish. The crowd awwed and groaned in pity as Soarin took out his broken net in frustration and disgust.

With Pinkie giving a clumsy facial expression of 'Nice Try!', she turned to Roseluck, signalling her turn.

Roseluck grasped her paper net tightly, as she turned her net perpendicular to the water...

Drove it in, but not entirely...

And scooped up a nearby unsuspecting fish...

Roseluck managed to scoop the goldfish without breaking her net, wowing the audience with her efficient catch. What Roseluck didn't expect, was that the Goldfish began to flail and flicker so much that it managed to tear through the soaked net by itself and plop back into the tub, and its catcher was left with a shock of dismay and betrayal. The crowd once again groaned in pity.

Pinkie patted Roseluck on the back for comfort, then pulled out one more paper net, this time for herself. With a face of focus that involved sticking her tongue out as shown by the camera, she approached the task in a different way.

One one hand held the paper-thin and fragile net...

On the other is the small bowl filled with water from earlier...

She turned her net at a certain descending angle...

She aimed her net at a slow-moving fish...

And like a Snapping Crocodile, she immersed the net into the water and snatched up the slow-moving goldfish. Right after that, she wasted no time transferring the bewildered goldfish into the small bowl of water.

At once, the crowd cheered and clapped at the show of such dexterity. Pinkie held her soaked but unbroken paper net high for everyone to see (with the camera focusing on it), then showed the camera her little catch of the day swimming around in the little bowl.

"Amazing Pinkie." Fluttershy commended, "what an amazing catcher you are!" As the five of them left with table and fish bowls, Fluttershy then continued her speech, "yes, there are many more games that you can play or do rather than just Goldfish Scooping in a Japanese festival, but that is for another time..."

The lights switched off, shrouding everything in darkness, except for the back entrance left open in case of an emergency, and one beam of light shining down on Fluttershy.

"If you know, Neighpon has a history bigger than ours, and with that history is what shapes Neighpon today," Fluttershy's tone changed from a shy meek ringmaster to an epic storyteller. "And that is our passage through time, to the history of Neighpon, except..." She dropped her script, "I believe that is the end of my script." Fluttershy chuckled, and the crowd laughed.

"Not to worry though..." Fluttershy answered, pulling out and wearing the Hana glove, which she and the club decided to call it, and stretched it out. The moment she stretched her hand out, the cry of a bird pierced the hallways and flew through the back door. The crowd began chatting or even gasping in horror at the sound of the cry, as well as the sound of sudden flapping. But just at once, the crowd was once again amazed when a Peregrine Falcon nestled upon the glove with a sheet of paper in her mouth.

"She's beautiful isn't she?" Fluttershy showed Hana to the now amazed crowd, "Majestic, dangerous, but really cute at times too! Anyway, Falcons like Hana are loyal companions as Dogs are." She paused for a moment for everyone to take in the fact that this Falcon, a rare sight to be seen around urban areas, is HERS. "As you can see, they act as message carriers." She lightly pulled out the second script from Hana's mouth.

"Sorry about the wait." Fluttershy apologised as she let Hana perch upon her shoulder, "continuing on, Neighpon has a rich history full of people, jobs, and war. Here's our introduction to what has inspired so many cartoons and stories we see today."

Another spotlight beamed down on behind the audience, where a person clad in blackish-grey stood straight with his eyes closed and hands together in some sort of pose as if he was deep in focus and meditation.

"Woah!" The crowd turned to see the figure standing tall and proud.

"Yes indeed." Fluttershy nodded, "that is a ninja." As an answer, the Ninja opened his eyes and stepped away from the spotlight.

"Hey!" Fluttershy called, "what are you doing!? Get back in the--" The Ninja refused to follow the young girl's order as he began dashing through the crowd, making sure the spotlight was unable to catch it.

All of a sudden, all possible sources of light were cut off, sending the entire gym and audience into darkness and silence, though some decided to jump out in screams of this sudden change. The unwarranted screaming did not end as people, whether student or teacher, felt some force of wind brushing through each and every member sitting on the chairs or the indoor grandstands. The worst of it all? No one can perceive any trace of the unknown force.

Fearing for their lives, some began to use a light source on their own to see, be it a phone or a small torch. When some have got it working, they quickly began to look around to find this mysterious force. One person frantically moved his torch left and right, but had no idea that some figure slowly lowered his head within earshot and whispered,

"Lights off."

"AHH!!!" The student yelped in shock, dropping his phone. The boy searched even harder to find whoever whispered to him, but all he saw were the faces of confusion illuminated by the dropped phone, the whisperer was nowhere to be seen. Now it began to hit the audience that whoever had their lights on were given a tap on their shoulder or a polite whisper for the people to turn off the lights. Regardless, people screamed at the feeling of being whispered or tapped, and people began turning off their lights out of fear to avoid being touched or talked to. Others were brave or stubborn to keep their lights on, but it never stopped the ninja from spooking them.

"Eeep!" A mint-coloured girl jumped at the sudden touch on her shoulder,

"I told you to turn it off." A curly haired girl with colours of pinkish-read, darkish-blue, and creamy white sighed next to her.

"Turn it off." The Ninja whispered in the ears of Rainbow Dash.

"Oy!" Rainbow turned around to deliver a punch, only to punch the person behind her.

"Rainbow!" Spitfire garbled in pain, "it wasn't me!"

"U-Uh-Oh!" Rainbow gasped, "I-I'm so sorry!"

"BOO!" Thunderlane slammed his hands on the shoulders of two familiar lanky boys who had their phones in full bright mode.

"Waaah!" The two boys of blue and yellow jumped with fright before the glaring amber eyes of the Ninja. Without saying any word, the Ninja grabbed their phones, turned them off, and threw it back at them before hopping off.

"Who the fuck was that!?" The yellow one whispered.

But it seemed to be the last of the Ninja's Pranks as he dashed in front of the judges' desk without making a sound.

"I'm in." The Ninja whispered. A spotlight shone upon him once again, this time glaring directly at the faces of the Principal and Vice-Principal. Everyone had their eyes glued to the light where they saw their Dear Principal and Vice-Principal sitting before the ever swift Ninja, gasping and exclaiming their utmost surprise.

"..." The two women stared back with firm glares of their own. The ninja looked at both and from his pockets... He pulled two bags of Candy similar in design to what Soarin got from Pinkie and placed one each in front of them. Only this time, the colour combination of their candy matched the respective colours of Celestia and Luna respectively. The ninja followed the gift with a respectful bow.

Celestia looked at the candy which was colourful as herself, then looked back to the Ninja with a nod and a smile on her face. The ninja bowed once again and jumped off the table with a backflip. Once again, the spotlight turned off. A few seconds passed, and the stage lights turned on once more, the Ninja standing still on the stage.

"S-Sorry about our Ninja." Fluttershy walked back into the light, "they have a strong sense of duty, and being unseen and unheard until the chance to strike, are their main specialities as you've experienced. I hope you weren't traumatised, but he is an important figure in the history of Neighpon."

The ninja bowed to the wildly clapping audience, then pulled out a black ball and tossed it to the ground. As it made contact, a great billow of thick smoke emerged from where the ball was thrown, shrouding the entire stage from vision.

"This..." Fluttershy emerged from the smoke, "is the history of Neighpon." The smoke subsided almost very quickly, revealing the picture of a traditional Neighponese Village upon the stage background. The ninja was nowhere to be seen.

"In the historical era's of Neighpon, things run very differently." Fluttershy pointed to the back. The sound of Neighponese Music can be heard as Cloudchaser and Flitter in their Neighponese wear walked out with grace, happily 'chatting' to each other while making sure the audience was able to see the full swing of their clothes. The audience were wide-eyed at the beautiful authentic sight of their classmates. Some even knew the identities of the girls before them and were amazed to see that the outfits made them stand out very well despite their contradicting personalities.

"The clothing that one of the young village girls here right now are Kimonos. These things are very expensive to make back then and even today. Rightfully so because a Kimono is so beautiful that it represents a symbol of status! People who would wear kimonos are quite noble or wealthy!" She gestures to Flitter, who then performed a small cutesy twirl to show the audience. "Now the Kosode would be your usual casual shirt or jacket, but for one, it doesn't take so long to put on, and won't be so tight on your body!" Cloudchaser gave a cool looking pose with a finger salute and a wink. Meanwhile, Nurse Redheart walked out with a White Kosode with the red fabric wrapped around her. She noticed a certain figure wasn't following her and went to grab the mentioned person.

"If I want to make a joke here, please forgive me, is that these types of clothing can almost be worn by any gender, even the male gender. Speaking of which, I'd like to show you an authentic Neighponese girl! Please welcome her!"

Tugged by Redheart, the most beautiful and wonderous girl stumbled onto the stage, nearly tripping over her wooden sandals. The girl was wearing yet another kimono but with multiple shades of blue that resembles the sea, the blue sky and the ice, making her a wonderful combination of everything blue, trimmed with various gold-lining of reeds, vines and flowers of white.

On one hand, she wielded a paper parasol that also matches the colour with the Kimono, with the roof of the pattern adorned with pictures of winter and mountains of azure, displaying the grace and formality of the wondrous girl.

But the most beautiful feature of it all was the girl's natural face and body. A rich colour of Lapis Lazuli, a shining layer of blue hair, her deep eyes of Azure, and her expression. The expression of a young woman bursting with happiness from her ever shy face, like a woman who accepted the proposal from the man of her dreams.

The audience whistled, wooed, 'ooh'd, cheered, made every flirty remark possible, and laughed at the magnificent sight of their one and only Neighponese teacher, Mr Shiota.

"Yep..." Nagisa moaned, blushing like no tomorrow "I guess this life will never be forgotten as long as you exist."

"Come on Mr Shiota!" Fluttershy encouraged, "show the school who you really are!"

"Oh fine!" Nagisa shyly grumbled, as he dandily walked towards the front of the stage and gave a small cute pose, bow, and a twirl of his parasol. The crowd cheered and laughed at the actions.

"There! Now I'm done!" Nagisa growled, his pride taking too much damage.

"Okay okay..." Fluttershy chuckled, lightly scratching Hana's neck. "Give it up for Mr Shiota everyone!" And with one last time, the audience cheered as hard as they could for their cross-dressing teacher.

Suddenly, there was a dramatic change in music from peaceful to war-looming, and the actors, as well as the audience, looked around in fear and realisation, it was time for the climax. The screen has been replaced by an animation of lightning, and everyone on the stage, including Fluttershy, exited in fear. From each side of the stage, a sinister silhouette walked into full view, their eyes focused solely on the enemy before them, and no one else. The silhouettes stood for a while as to make sure the crowd could see the two silhouettes clearly by the lightning. The one on the left had spiky hair, the one on the right had straight hair and was bigger.

The right silhouette stretched its arms and reached for his sides. The crowd gasped in shock as the person drew a very long sword with a curved tip from his sling. The crowd turned to the left person to see what he would do.

Unfazed, the Spiky-haired person grabbed something from his back and slid out a long stick with a blade on the end of one side, and pointed it back towards the person on the right. With their weapons drawn, the two walked in a circle, making sure their eyes continued to be locked on the enemy, waiting for the perfect chance to strike. After one full circle, the two stopped moving as they continued staring each other down.

And that's when the swordsman made a quick dash towards the spearman with his sword raised high. The sharp sound of clashing wooden sticks echoed throughout the gym, keeping everyone on the edge of their seats. The spearman simply held his spear in a way that it blocked the overhead strike with ease. Desperate, the spearman skillfully weaved his body and spun his naginata out of the way for an attack to the side. The swordsman saw the movements fluidly and adjusted his sword to block the swing firmly.

If someone would have interviewed a member of the audience on how they would describe this scene, the simple answer would be chaotic and scary. The endless sounds of clashing and possibly splintering wood, the weapon wielders swerving their bodies, dodging the blows of their enemy, and skillfully swinging their weapons to and fro on the stage. Not a single fighter was distracted, and none of them looked to be conceding anytime soon. Their aggressive swinging persisted without faltering, and the sight of it was truly breathtaking. The spearman launched a continuous flurry full of pressure that forcibly placed the swordsman on the defensive. At a corner, the Swordsman was making sure not to let a single strike hit him, but at the same time bided his stance and gathered energy, making sure to find the opportune moment to strike.

"Raaah!!!!" The swordsman yelled as he brutally parried and pushed the spear away from his surroundings and countered with a mighty and heavy swing. The spearman In his mind knew that such a swing was unblockable, and lept out of the way. The crowd watched in silence as the swordsman's swing was able to violently ruffle the spiky hair of the spearman. The spearman stood in shock at the swordsman's strength, then shook it off to keep cool and confident against his opponent. Giving his neck a stretch, he brandished his spear once more and charged forward with a yell that rivalled the swordsman, and thrust his weapon forward.

The epic fight escalated to a battle of technique and dexterity as the backdrop now included a bright animation of fire for further sight. The combatants began to parry, feint, yell every time they strike, and use their arms, legs, anything than just their weapon to get the upper hand. The crowd found their eyes glued to the vigorous fighting as both lightning and fire were their only source of light to see the silhouettes.

The spearman stepped back once more; the swordsman continued holding his stance. At once, the spearman began spinning his weapon with frightening speeds, disorienting the swordsman and confusing him on which way the spear will strike. Every step the spearman stepped forward with his spinning weapon, the swordsman stepped back, deciding to focus on his opponent's weapon.

But the more the spearman spun his spear from all directions, the more the swordsman had to shift his focus towards the spinning weapon, a fatal mistake.

The spearman now had the swordsman's eyes under his control. One single move from him, and he can easily retaliate with a surefire hit. With so many choices to make, he decided to go with the overhead slash. With one last diverting swing, the spearman leapt high in the air with the spear above his head with a terrifying yell. The swordsman spurred backwards and raised his sword in a hasty defence, unsure whether his block will stand or break.

The spearman's eyes widened in shock as the swordsman held his sword horizontally and deflected his overhead slash. Blast it! He didn't have any chance to prepare a surefire defence. It was a lucky guess that he blocked correctly!

"Hyah!" The swordsman pushed the spear to one side and delivered an elbow check straight to the spearman's face. The crowd gasped as the spearman stumbled back in pain and surprise, and at the mercy of the swordsman's final blow.

*TWHACK*

It was loud,

It was clear,

It was seen by all,

The swordsman had delivered a clear strike across the spearman's chest.

"..." The spearman clutched his wound, dropping his weapon. Feeling a surge of pain and exhaustion, he fell to his knees in front of his victorious opponent. He was done for... No... He was defeated, and he knows the punishment of a warrior's defeat. The swordsman too understood his duty and the fate of his vanquished enemy. With his sword, he carefully touched the neck of his defeated opponent with the edge of his blade, preparing himself for what comes next.

"Such is..." The swordsman spoke out loud, "... The fate and destiny of a fighter." And with one final roar of aggression, he swung back his sword and straight through the Spearman's neck. The background of fire and lighting abruptly cut to black as a dreadful sound of metal through flesh can be heard from the speakers, followed by complete silence and darkness...

"Thank you, everyone," Fluttershy spoke as the stage lights slowly brightened up. Like the ninja, the two warriors had disappeared and replaced by Fluttershy, Angel and Hana. "Thank you for your time to watch the Special Tutorship Club's presentation of Neighpon."

For a third time, the entire audience stood up and gave a tremendous amount of applause and cheering. One-by-one, the club members that played their part came out in order and received many cries and woos of congratulations and thanks.

They cheered for Roseluck, Soarin and Pinkie as they re-entered the stage...

Cheered for the Ninja as he dropped from the roof of the stage... And even louder when the ninja unmasked himself and revealed his identity as Thunderlane...

Cheered for the Traditional Dressers of Cloudchaser, Flitter, Nurse Redheart and Nagisa as they walked up to the stage...

And Cheered for the two warriors who made their last entrance for the finale. The victorious swordsman Big Macintosh, and the vanquished spearman Flash Sentry.

But most importantly, Fluttershy and the cast gestured to the audience lane, where Noteworthy and Fleetfoot were making their way to the stage: The duo behind all the lights, music and effects.

Standing in a line, the Special Tutorship Club simultaneously bowed thirty degrees as a sign of thanks once again and waved.

"We'd also like to give our thanks to two other teachers who are a part of the Special Tutorship Club." Fluttershy continued, "Please put your hands together for Coach Justice and Ms Yada. Without them, we would never be able to pull out all the props and costumes necessary for this presentation. By all means, please stand up." The crowd clapped one more time as Kimura stood up and Yada hopped into view of all of the smiling faces and endless amounts of clapping as the two teachers bowed thirty degrees as well.

"That was completely breathtaking!" Cheerilee walked back up to the stage, "it was more than just being whisked away to a different country. It was being whisked to a different world completely! Thank you so much for your performance! It was definitely not what everyone was expecting!" And bowed to them as an act of appreciation.

"Too much angle," Nagisa chuckled as he and the rest of the club left the stage. Cheerilee, remembering that she still had one last job, turned back to the crowd.

"And that marks the end of Canterlot High School's Inter-Club Contest! Once again, please give an applause to all of the Clubs that took their time and dedication to bring us such magnificent entertainment!" The audience clapped and cheered once again, "Now, I believe our judges are ready to make their announcement or the results, please welcome Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna!"

"Thank you, thank you." Celestia smiled as she took the stage once again with her sister, hearing all the applause surrounding them. "Truly, with the bottom of my heart, was this a very mesmerising and magical performance from all the clubs."

"If it were up to us, all of you would have taken the prize equally," Luna added, "but nay, it would never be a challenge or a contest if it were like that, so we must adhere to the rules of what makes a contest, where there can be only one victor. But no matter what, all of you have won our hearts!"

"Now may all the student representatives of the clubs come out?" Celestia asked. Applause came once again as the students walked out once again. Among the representatives were Comet Tail, Rarity, Octavia and Fluttershy.

"Now, we must start with the sad news by stating the clubs that have not made the top 3 and thus receive applause for participating in this contest: The Science Club, Choir Club, and Drama Club. Thank you once again for showing us a performance." The crowd applauded as the representatives of said club shook their hands with the Principal and Vice-Principal.

"I still think you and your choir did very well!" Fluttershy complimented,

"It's alright. We should consider ourselves lucky that we're not disqualified since a minimum of eight students is required. You really should join us since you have a good singing voice! Well... When you're not busy with the Special Tutorship Club."

"And now, the moment you've all been waiting for, our top 3 Clubs!" Luna spoke in her royal voice, "please bring on the drum roll!" The audience began drumming on their seats and knees waiting to hear the news.

"In third place." Celestia announced, "The Orchestra Club!"

"Wooo!" The crowd cheered,

"Well done." Celestia shook hands with Octavia and gave her the bronze award, "truly a virtuoso."

"Of course." Octavia smiled,

"And the winner, of our first CHS Inter-Club Contest is---" The chair (or lap) drumroll began once more,

"The Movie Club!" Celestia announced, and the crowd split into cheers while the representative member of the movie club jumped for joy.

"Congratulations," Celestia smiled, the gold award held up high, "your message is truly inspirational and full of hope, a truly important basis if we were to move on to the future."

"Yes ma'am!" The rep for the Movie Club nodded as she accepted the award.

"But we should never forget our runner-up: The club that not only came in second but also wins the judges' personal favourite of both Vice-Principal Luna and I. The Special Tutorship Club!"

The crowd erupted into cheers for the third time as Fluttershy meekly but calmly approached Celestia to shake her hand and accept the Silver Award.

"I must admit," Celestia chuckled, "it is true that your performance was very unexpected."

"Well, we worked hard."

"But regardless, it does give us the important message that Equestria is not the only Nation in this world, and that in different lands have many different ways of how they come to live life."

"Well," Fluttershy smiled, "the best way to learn is to simply know and speak to each other, just like we all do."

"Well said," Celestia smiled,

"Everyone, the CHS Inter-Club Contest has come to a close. Please join with me in applauding and thanking our club members for participating and putting on a magical show." The audience clapped and cheered for the last time today.

"Students, it is now the time for lunch so please get ready to leave the gym in single file," Celestia instructed.


Once given the signal to leave, Fluttershy exited the gym and bumped into the entire Club for a debrief, save for a few students.

"Well done everyone!" Yada congratulated, "For a really small time of rehearsal, we actually won pretty big!"

"For things that we can improve on in the future, and what probably cost us points," Fleetfoot spoke, "we went above the required time limit, and we were unable to refine a majority of our performance."

"And not to mention," Noteworthy added, "the fight scene seemed a bit overshadowed by the goldfish scooping and Ninja creeping."

"Aah, I think we did a great job." Thunderlane smugly answered,

"By the way, where's Flash and Big Mac?" Fluttershy asked,

"In the nurse's office with Redheart," Soarin finished, "they've got aching muscles and sore vocal chords from all that fighting and yelling."

"Well," Nagisa mentioned, dressed back in his normal attire. "I'm sure we all had a blast, but there's something important we should learn from here. Competition is rough and fierce, to pull out a performance like that requires a lot of time and effort and we didn't do a lot of that thanks to our fight last week. Regardless, I'm proud of you all. I think you did really well in conveying what Neighpon is like in a basic stance."

"Like I said sir, it's thanks to you, Ms Yada and Coach Justice!"

"Oh no." Nagisa chuckled, "I was stuck in the hospital for a full week, I couldn't even help you as much as I wanted."

"Beg to differ, sir," Thunderlane chuckled as he pulled out his phone with a picture of the kimono wearing Nagisa, "You contributed immensely to Comic Relief! It's definitely going to go down forever in Special Tutorship Club History!"

"Hey!" Nagisa yelled in shock and embarrassment, "when the hell did you take that!? Delete it now Thunderlane!!!"

"Hahahahaha!!!" The Club laughed together at their sight of their deadly but easily flustered teacher. Nagisa definitely has many ways to be teased, especially for an assassin.

PreviousChapters Next