• Published 2nd Jul 2017
  • 490 Views, 4 Comments

The Incredible Tank - Arthor2017



The fate of many and an entire nation lies on something big and incredible.

  • ...
3
 4
 490

Chap. 2

There was no word in the dictionary, or any other textbook, to describe what the ponies had just contemplated; From one moment to another a green beast ten feet high stood in front of Rainbow Dash where once there was a harmless turtle.

"Can anypony care to explain me what in the Tarnation just happened here?!" Asked Applejack, who was concerned by the entire scene; Besides, her rainbow-colored friend remained motionless by fear of that monster, concerning her even more.

"And how Tank could change into that thing?!" Followed Fluttershy, who was in panic like the cyan pegasus was at this moment. How she wished this was just a bad dream and could wake up.

"I ... I wouldn't know how to explain it" Twilight Sparkle replied "I had read about some species that have the ability to change their structure when they feel threatened or to attack their enemies. But never in that way!!"

"Well, Twilight, if you'll let me," said Pinkie Pie with a serious look "I can think of a possibility: at some point Tank was exposed to a strong concentration of radioactivity that - for some reason - didn't killed him, or he ingested some radioactive substance that - for some reason again - didn't kill him; plus adding the presence of those annoying black cloudy things provoked his anger. Thus achieving his transformation."

............

"That. Or something is messing with us by writing out in a form of a script." She finished the explanation with a typical joy smile on her face.

The rest of Mane 6 were not surprised by the commentary, or the behavior, from their pink mained companion. Although they should agree with something. These creatures were the main cause of the phenomenon that was the metamorphosis of the chelonian; And whatever he has been subjected to would only make him more angry than they can foresee, putting at risk the sake of everypony.


"Now, we will figured out whatever happened to Tank later," commented Rarity "Our priority is to keep these ponies out before they could get hurt or- What is he doing?!!" The fashionista couldn't finish her sentence as she pointed to where Tank was. The mares all turned around and gasped in horror - again - at the gaze. From what it seemed to be an eternity, the behemoth finally raised his arm with the intention of, apparently, attacking Rainbow Dash.

"DASH, GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!!"

"RAINBOW, PLEASE, SNAP IT OUT!!!"

"OH MY GOD, I CAN'T SEE!!!!"

"DASHIIIIEEEEE!!!!!"

But the calls of her friends ended in deaf ears; for the only thing that the athlete could manage to do was to cover herself with her hooves and wait for the impact.

Yet she felt nothing.

Indeed, Tank prepared himself to connect a blow, but it wasn't directed towards Rainbow Dash. The one who got all the impact was the Dreary that was on her head; Who, like a projectile was thrown against the bookstore, creating a hole in the front.

The ponies who were present didn' want to wait a second longer and ran away in terror as the monstrous tortoise ran with incredible speed for a being of its size to connect a powerful kick against the small black cloud; And, again, he was sent flying into the center of Ponyville.

Debris was all what left of the bookshop, but it wasn't enough for Tank. Boosting on his legs, he made a powerful leap after the Dreary's leader, and hopefully he would find the rest of them to be eliminated once and for all.

Rainbow Dash was finally able to look up and, still in shock, managed to see his friend hurrying toward the center.

Tank..... What i have done She managed to said mentally.

Author's Note:

Destruction coming in the next chapter.