• Published 2nd Jul 2017
  • 873 Views, 127 Comments

Equestrian Human - TheMajorTechie



A filly once lived in a lab. That lab happened to be on Earth. She wanted to go home. She never knew what to expect.

  • ...
8
 127
 873

Log 4142: Rescue Team

Alert: Unit 42A-512’s radar have detected a high-altitude projectile entering the airspace.

Well, that certainly took a while for them to get here.

Activate anti-aircraft missiles?

...

WAIT, NO!

Missile launch terminated. Object is now within FOV of cameras 1, 4.

Determining object type... object determined to be a helicopter. (Multiple scans across 50,000+ reference images.)

What.

Welp. I’ve certainly got some questions to ask later...

Also, why is my tablet suddenly synced to the shuttle, anyways?

“Hello? Is anybody in the building? We received a distress signal from this location, and we’re here to help.”

Anyways, let’s just get on with this.

“Yeah,” I replied, putting a hand on the doorknob. Though, it does still feel quite awkward.

I opened the door, fully expecting to see two blindingly white pegasi guards or something. Except, these guys weren’t pegasi. Nor do they look like guards in any way. Maybe they’re off-duty? But then, how would they’ve gotten here? I know that there was a flying ob--

“Are you gonna get in the ‘chopper or what?” a second stallion asked, nudging his way through the doorway.

“Well... um...”

The guy who first knocked shooed his partner aside, turning back to me. “Miss?” he began, “Do you understand just how far you are from civilization?”

Honestly, I expected for them to be gawking at the fact that I’m a human or something. Erm... I probably should wake Delmar up before we leave him behind or something...

“Hold on just a sec.” I replied, holding up a finger as I quickly ran further into the house to find Delmar snoozing on a pile of our supplies.

“Old guy?” the second stallion asked, looking over my shoulder at the still-sleeping form of Delmar.

“Yup.”

The stallion shrugged in response. “Let Dusty handle him. He’s got a stretcher if you need it.”

“Blehhhhh... huh?” Delmar groaned, attempting to rub his eye. (And forgetting that one probably shouldn’t shove a hoof into their eye.)

“C’mon, you.” I grunted, heaving the scientist-turned-pony up on his hooves. “Our ride’s here.”


“You got any name, miss?”

“Gadget.” I replied, “No last name, no middle name. Just Gadget.”

“That’s an awfully strange name for a human.” The first pony replied, “Name’s Dusty, by the way.”

We sat in complete and utter silence for a few minutes, before “Dusty” continued the conversation.

“Do you have any family?” He asked from the cockpit, “Surely you’re not related to that old pony, right?”

Hrm. I never actually gave family much thought until now. I guess Delmar’s always kinda been a father figure to me?

I shook my head in response.

“So you’re an orphan?”

A shrug. “I guess so,” I replied. “Though, Delmar here’s kinda been my caretaker for pretty much all of my life.”

Suddenly, Delmar jerked awake. “Wait,” he mumbled, “Where’s the pod? Where are we?”

“Chill, bro.” Dusty’s copilot answered, “Your little metal buggy’s in the hold. It’s amazing that this heli can even lift it at all, let alone fly with it like we are right now.”

Just as before, a strange silence settled in over everyone, even drowning out the deafening sound of the blades slicing through the air as we flew away.

...

...

I just realized that we were rescued by two “Earth Ponies” in a helicopter.

Author's Note:

That moment when you realize that your little portal pod is also a tank.

Also, longer chapters definitely work out better for this fic. It’s just that between writing more and not wanting to write as much, there’s gonna certainly be a bit of a gap between chapters. :twilightsheepish: