• Published 1st Jul 2017
  • 3,097 Views, 81 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: A New Beginning - MaggiesHeartLove



Meet a new generation of heroes as they fight to defend their magical home from the forces of evil that try to disrupt their harmony. A short sequel spin-off to The Little Pony Legend series

  • ...
6
 81
 3,097

The Legacy

The Legacy

The trumpets sounded and the leaders of Harmony City walked outside. The sun shown brightly above, and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. Iris and Akari rushed out to stand beside their parents. Akari nearly tripped, but was thankfully caught by Iris and the two stood up straight. Akari flashed her mother an apologetic grin.

Outside of City Hall stood President Iroh, alongside Queen Avatar Korra and King Mako to hose left, with Iris right in between both her parents. Queen Twilight Sparkle and King Flash Sentry stood on his right, with Akari in between them as well.

The rest of the Elements of Harmony were also present, all six near Korra and Mako, while Tenzin and his family alongside the Sato family.

Nova and Sunset Shimmer were in the audience with Kombu, Nori, Starlight, Sunburst and Gallant Steed with the rest of the Air Nation. Nova's eyes darted back and forth. "Where's Chi? The guests will be arriving any minute."

"Here!" the wisp called out, stopping abruptly beside her brother and sister-in-law. "I'm here, sorry."

"What kept you?"

"I got a little lost, and then I got held up with the crowd and, I'm sorry."

Meanwhile, Nori was in the audience with her father, happily waving to her friends and Rarity. The unicorn gave a subtle wave to the merpony, while Akari gave her an excited wave. Twilight cleared her throat, reminding Akri to be on her best behavior.

Spike cleared his throat once the first horse drawn carriage arrived. "Their royal majesties from the Capitol of Canterlot; Queen Celestia, Queen Luna and Lady Leilani!"

The three alicorns exited their carriage and approached the heroes. It was as if no time had passed at all for them. The two sisters still resembled two stunning young adult women, and their mother a still strapping young middle aged woman with long flowing hair that still sparkled like new. The alicorns beamed and hugged Twilight, Korra, Flash, Mako and pretty much everyone. The Mane Six rallied together to hug Princess Luna, including Asami and Starlight, and Sunset Shimmer embraced her former mentor.

"It's always great to see you again, Sunset Shimmer."

"You too, Prince--I mean, Queen Celestia. Wow, still trying to get used to that."

"You and me both." the white alicorn winked then turned to see the younger alicorn. "Akari, always wonderful to see you."

"Thanks, you too Celest." Akari said, giving a salute.

"Akari!" Twilight exclaimed, "What did we say about using slang words when greeting royal guests?"

Celestia only laughed, "Oh, chilax Twilight, it's all in good fun." she said, using a vague valley girl accent, which only made Twilight laugh as well. Often times she needed to be reminded that Celestia may still be ruler of Equestria, and have been her mentor, she allays considered herself a part of Twilight's family more than anything, and adored her daughter like a niece.

Leilani and Korra shared a loving embrace. "It's great to see you again, Leilani."

"You too, Korra. It's been a while."

"How was your cruise?" Mako asked.

"Oh, it was wonderful, thank you for asking." Leilani's eyes landed on their daughter. "Is that Iris? Did you grow some while I was gone?"

"Welcome back, Leilani." Iris greeted politely with a bow, only to be surprised with a great big bear hug, that nearly crushed her spine.

"I missed you to much!" Leilani said, holding the young alicorn tightly. Even Korra and Mako could feel the intensity of the hug. Ever since Iris was a baby, Leilani always had a fondness for the child.

"I… missed you too." Iris said, her voice slightly high pitched at how tightly the alicorn was hugging her. Iris inhaled a huge amount of oxygen once Leilani released her.

"Sorry. Guess I've forgotten my own strength."

"No, it's fine." Iris insisted, "Don't worry about it."

The trumpets sounded once again, and Spike cleared his throat again. "Presenting, from the Crystal Empire; Queen Cadance, King Shinning Armor, and Princess Flurry Heart!"

Unlike Celestia, Luna and Leilani, Cadance had definitely aged, but very gracefully. She had visible laugh lines and her hair was often worn in a bun, held together with shimmering crystals and beads, and a long shimmering blue dress with a pair of golden heels. Shinning Armor had gotten a hair cut, and had sported a mustache and beard, making him appear much older, yet he was still as fit and muscular as before.

Flurry Heart, now eighteen-years-old, was the envy of many female ponies back at the empire. She had her shimmering heart snowflake embedded onto a shield for her cutie mark, her pink coat/skin shimmered in the sunlight, making her appear a light pale pink, and she had long since grown into her wings. She wore her hair down most of the time, in a low ponytail held together with strings of diamonds and a simple crystal tiara on her head.

"Flurry!"

"Akari!

"Cadance! Shinning Armor!"

"Twily!"

It didn't matter if it made them look undignified, Twilight rushed over to her brother and sister-in-law, embracing them in a great big hug, while Akari and Flurry rushed head on towards one another. They morphed into their pony forms and chanted a familiar greeting.

"Sunshine, sunshine

Ladybugs awake

Clap your hooves and

And do a little shake!"

They changed back to their anthro forms and hugged one another. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"I'm happy to see you too, little cousin." Flurry said.

Akari then noticed something inside her bag. "What's that?"

"Oh, just a little something I picked up while exploring the frozen crystal caves." Flurry winked and pulled out a sample of what appeared to be white fur with a red tint. Akari gasped and grabbed the sample, her blue eyes sparkling.

"No way! Is that genuine yeti hair?!"

"Yep. Had a run in with one about two weeks back. Thought it would make a good addition to your study of unrecorded wildlife. I know it's not much, but yetis only show up so often over there." Flurry said with an almost disappointed tone. Times such as these she wishes the Crystal Empire wasn't so predictable all the time.

"This is so cool! You're the best!" Akari nearly crushed her own cousin's ribcage with her tight bear hug. She was lucky Flurry was just as fit as she was.

"I know, I know."

Everyone's attention turned to a sudden pumpkin that rolled up towards them. Confused and curious looked surrounded the unexpected vegetable, only for it to suddenly burst open and a certain draconequus appeared in front of everyone, wearing a shimmering blue ball gown, added with a blond wig, red lipstick and face eyelashes.

"I dear, I certainly hope I'm not late to the ball." he said in a high pitched voice, in a futile attempt to mimic the voice of a woman. "Just kidding!" he immediately striped himself off of the drag, now wearing an orange tuxedo and top hat. "It's just me! The one, the only, the powerful, the pleasurable, irresistibly chaotic, DISCORD!!!"

Discord created fire works and confetti falling all around, while trumpets flared, shooting streamers from their mouths, and a giant neon sign with his name appeared above him.

Spike gave a deadpan expression as one of the streamers landed on his nose. He blew it away. "And, Discord." he added, reading off of his list. There really was no point to it now, but he still did his job.

Fluttershy was the first to hug him. "Discord! You made it!"

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss it for the world! Oh, and I brought you a surpriiiiiiiiiise!" Discord said in a sing-song tone, his red eyes shimmering with glee like an excitable school girl. He blew on his fingers, whistling and from above, a colorful swarm of changeling guards appeared above.

In between them stood the king of the changelings, in his anthro form, with his long hair and the antlers on his head. He landed in front of the royals, he and his guards bowing in respect before the king himself changed back into his more modest form, which was closer in appearance to the other changelings.

Fluttershy gasped with delight, her cyan green eyes sparkling and she flew directly towards the changeling, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Thorax!" she squealed, nearly tackling him to the ground. Thorax managed to keep his balance stable and hugged the pegasus back. "I thought you said you wouldn't be back for another week!"

"I thought so, too. But, with a little help from Discord, me and the changelings were able to help the creatures of the Woodland forest in Saddle Arabia in no time."

Fluttershy turned towards her chaotic friend, who blushed. "Awww, chucks! It was nothin'." he said, mimicking a "Goofy" styled voice, added with the signature Goofy laugh.

"Oh, and I brought you a surprise." Thorax nodded to one of his guard companions, and revealed he had been carrying a small furry little mongoose in his arms. A mongoose with cerulean colored fur and golden markings. His little pink nose twitched and his big brown eyes sparkled when he saw Flutterhy, who gasped.

"Oh my goodness! Is that a real Saddle Arabian River Mongoose?" her eyes sparkled.

"It is. The poor thing lost his parents. I figured, since you have so many mongoose friends at your animal sanctuary, he'd feel right at home."

Fluttershy's heart broke for the poor little baby. She scooped him in her arms, where he nuzzled her cheek. "Awww, don't you worry, little one. My friends will be more than happy to meet you." Fluttershy blushed. "You're so sweet."

"Yeah, he is." Thorax said, only to be surprised when Fluttershy kissed him on the lips.

"I was talking about you."

While the two interacted, Discord couldn't resist smiling. He then turned to the camera and folded his arms in annoyance. "Don't judge me!"

The trumpets flared once again, and this time Spike was more than happy to announce the next guest. "From the far off Dragon Lands; Fire Lord Ember!"

Rather than arrive in an elegant carriage, just like Thorax, Ember arrived by landing in front of everyone, with a few guards at her side. The female dragon had grown a few inches since she first met Spike. A slender, feminine looking dragon with evident muscle that did not diminish her femininity. She wore a single ruby crown and earrings, while gripping the scepter in her claw.

Ember happily embraced Spike in a tight hug. It would seem everybody was in a hugging mood today. Then again, that was to be expected on this specific day.

"Spike! Look at you, you're almost as big as me!" Ember said after releasing him. Indeed, Spike was now chin level compared to Ember.

"It's great seeing you too, Ember."

"So, where's this girlfriend of yours you've been telling me about?" Ember asked, looking around for said girlfriend.

Spike blushed and scratched the back of his neck. "Oh, um, well, she's--" before he could reply, Mika appeared behind him and started shaking Ember's claw, rather excitedly.

"Hi! I'm Mika, Queen Korra's daughter, It's so great to finally meet you, Ember, Spike has told me so much about you, I'm such a big fan!" Mika practically squealed. It was true, she was a big fan of the legendary Dragon Lord.

Ember managed to pry her claw away, but smiled in approval none the less. "I like your energy, kid." she said before winking at Spike. "She's a keeper."

Mako sighed while pinching the bridge of his nose, all the while Korra gently patted him on the shoulder. He still couldn't help becoming protective of his girls whenever they got involved with someone. Not even sweet, innocent Spike could be spared from "Papa Mako's" all seeing eye.

After their greeting, Spike announced the next guest, which also flew in, but this time via a small, humble winged carriage pulled by a couple of griffons. Sitting on it was a much older female griffon, wearing a green sash with the griffon emblem on it.

"From the city of Griffonstone; Mayor Gilda!"

Gilda had grown into a mature, wise and noble griffon, who had made numerous new friends over the years. A couple years back, when the griffons were seeking a new Mayor, she won by a landslide. Rainbow Dash and her old griffon friend hugged upon arrival. Unlike ponies, griffons couldn't morph into an authro form, since they were not equine in biology. But, never the less, she had grown a bit in size, resembling a miniature lion.

"Mayor Gilda of Griffonstone, who'd have thought."

"Hey, I may be a respected figure now, but I can still take you in a race. That is, if childbirth didn't make you any slower."

Rainbow Dash chuckled and gave the griffon a fist pump, "I missed you."

"From the South and Northern Water Tribes; Chief Tonrag, Lady Senna, and Chiefs Eska and Desna!"

The royal family from the south and north arrived in a sleek blue colored satomobile with the water tribe emblem on them. Tonraq and Senna, now much older, exited from one side, while Eska and Desna exited from the other. Korra and Mako happily hugged the elder ruling couple, who were also greeted by the lizard spirit siblings. Iris hugged her grandparents with a great big smile.

"Grandma! Grandpa!"

"Iris, sweetheart. You look absolutely beautiful." Tonraq said before kissing the fourteen-year-old on the forehead.

"I missed you guys."

"We missed you too." said Seena, hugging her biological granddaughter.

Korra then greeted her two cousins. "Welcome back, you two."

"Much heartfelt greetings to you as well, Korra." Desna said to his cousin before hugging her… all the while wearing that same boring, un-expressional look on his face. He did manage a small smile however.

"I see you are still married to the firebender." Eska said, eyeing Mako, who narrowed his eyes in annoyance. "I had hoped at this point, you would have chosen someone who was far more yielding to your obvious superiority as the dominant one in your marriage."

Mako gave a sarcastic chuckle, "Oh, Eska. You and your…always forthright opinions." he said sarcastically through his teeth.

Iris chuckled nervously and fiddled with her hair. "Still, it's nice to see you again, Cousin Eska." she said, only to freeze when she saw the woman's icy gaze upon her.

"Then again, he did assist in procreating this fine example of a future ruler." Eska said while proudly tapping Iris's head. "So I suppose he was not a complete waste."

"Okay! How's about we save some of those conversations for the rest of the festivities." Korra said, trying to desperately stop her cousin from saying anymore words. "Please?"

Eska only nodded, while Desna gave an apologetic shrug. "My apologies. I've been trying to get her to "sugarcoat" her words as of late… it hasn't been very successful."

"Thanks for trying." Korra said.

"Why did we invite them again?" Iris asked once both twins were out of hearing range.

"Because they're family, and we're good people." Korra said, though while trying not to dig her nails into her skin with how tightly her fists were clenched.

"Plus, Eska mainly invited herself." Mako stated, his eyes still narrowed.

"That too."

Eska's eyes met a certain earthbender, who flinched while his wife gave her a sideways glance. Eska bowed her head in greeting.

"Bolin."

"Eska." he replied in a dignified tone before she left to join the other guests. Once she was gone, the entire Sato family shuddered in terror.

"You seriously dated that chick?" Hiro asked his father, still having a hard time wrapping his head around the notion. "I mean, I get she's a babe but… eh!"

"Word of advice, Son. Never go for a woman based on her looks." Bolin said. "Go for a woman who is strong, smart, independent and at times scary but adorable none the less. Just like your mother."

Asami blushed and cuddled next to her husband. "Awww!"

Mai rolled her eyes at her parents becoming all lovey dovey. "Oh, please."

"From the Fire Nation: Fire Lord Izumi, Lady Ursa, General Zuko the second, and Prince Lu Ten!" Spike announced. From a limo exited a stunning fire nation woman, dressed in her finest cloths, with long gray hair and wearing the Fire Lord headpiece. Beside her was her youngest daughter, Lady Ursa, and her youngest son. He bared a striking resemblance to his great grandfather Lord Zuko from when he was fourteen, only he had his hair neatly cut, with a few wild strands to showcase he was a boy who enjoyed having a good time, but well mannered enough to behave like the ideal prince at a party.

The moment her eyes landed on him, Mai's cheeks turned a bright red, a knot lunged in her throat and her heart let out an audible "boom" which she feared her brother might have heard. She had seen many good looking boys at school, but there was something about this boy's warm unusually bright blue eyes, his slim yet athletic build and his kind smile when he looked her way. He gave a small wave, but Mai was too frozen to even move.

President Iroh greeted his mother, sister and nephews. The oldest of which inherited his General tittle after he retired and became president of the city. Given his happy expression, he was particularly found of his youngest nephew, who laughed when he ruffled his hair.

"Whoa…" Mai uttered, rather subconsciously.

All the while Hiro smiled in satisfaction. He elbowed her arm lightly, snapping her back to reality, her face even reader than before, for she knew her brother caught wind of her reaction to the young fire nation prince. When the Fire Nation family passed by her, Lu Ten gave her a kind smile her way, to which Mai returned with a small wave. She knew her face was still bright red, which she already suspected he had seen.

"Hook. Line. And sinker." Hiro sing-songed, which only made Mai growl in frustration.

"I hate you." she muttered.

In the audience, Mai's reaction to the young prince did not go unnoticed by Nori, Gallant and Chi, who all snickered. "And I thought Gallant's crush on Akari was adorable."

"Wait, what!?" Gallant's eyes widened and his aquamarine cheeks turned a bright shade of red.

"Come on, Gallant. You've been eying Akari since we started." Nori pointed out, rising an amused brow, which only made the young unicorn shrink back in embarrassment.

He didn't they they had noticed but, what they said was true. Gallant really had been paying a lot of attention to Akari. From the moment he saw her in that dress, he felt his heart skip and his palms become sweaty.

"Seriously, you've been crushing on her since you were foals."

"Chi, quiet!" Gallant shushed her by covering the wisp's mouth.

"Oh, relax, she can't hear us." Chi said right before another trumpet sounded, and Spike welcomed the next guests.

"From Zaofu; The Beifong family!"

While Suyin and her family happily greeted Korra and the others. Akari happily greeted them, giving the Beifong twins, Wei and Wing, high fives and fist pumps. She was such a social butterfly, which was a contrast to Gallant's normally laid-back and somewhat introverted personality. Yet, he always admired her intelligence, determination and her spunk. She always encouraged him to try new things. It would seem the "opposites attract" trope was strongly in play here, at least from what he could gather.

"I don't even know if she likes me that way." Gallant said, dropping his shoulders while scratching his head. "I mean, she's so fearless and athletic and I'm… average."

"Yeah, but you're also both wickedly smart bookworms, love the animals, and know more about ancient spells, weaponry and mythical creatures than anypony else we know. Aside from Iris, but you get the idea."

"Chi is right. Of course, there is only one way to find out."

"What's that?" Gallant asked, right before getting a flick to the side of his head, curtesy of Chi.

"Duh! Ask her to dance at the Harmony Gala!" the wisp said.

"What? B-But I--"

"Don't be such a wimp. If you don't make a move, somebody else will."

To prove Chi's point, Nori grabbed Gallant by the chin towards a group of young male anthro ponies from school, all staring in admiration at the alicorn princess. Akari simply blushed at their attention and gave a nervous wave, but given her expression she was evidently uncomfortable. Her eyes shifted to where Gallant was, and that was when her smile and expressions became genuinely happy. Gallant blushed and waved back.

"They do make a good point, son." said Starlight Glimmer. In their conversation, Gallant had nearly forgotten his mother and father were still present. Now he felt even more humiliated, covering his face with his hand, only for Starlight to playfully ruffle his hair. "Talking to your crush is hard, believe me."

"So, what do you think I should do, Mom?"

"Easy. Be yourself, be honest, and if all else fails… don't use magic to fix something you can't control."

Gallant chuckled. "You got it, Mom."

The ceremony proceeded with welcoming not only Suyin's family, but also several leaders of the Earth Federation, who had long since formed good friendships with the others. Once all guests had arrived, President Iroh gave Korra center stage. She addressed to the rest of the audience.

"Thank you, everyone. You know, even though it's been seven whole years since our first official Day of Harmony celebration, it still feels like the very first. When I first came to this city, it admittedly wasn't in the best shape. There was a lot of division, and a lot of hatred. But now, I can't take one single step without bumping into a familiar face." Korra said with a wide smile. The audience laughed joyously, because it was true. "Much like myself and my friends, this city has grown and changed so much over the years. This celebration isn't just to remember all the fights that were won by me and my friends, but a celebration to all of the friendships we have made. Our friends, old and new, our families, and who were once enemies, are now our most trusted allies. I can't find the words to express how happy and proud I am to all of you. To all of us. May the Magic of Friendship continue to light the way, and here's to another magical year of harmony!"

The audience bursted into applauds. Pinkie Pie pulled out her party cannon and shot confetti and streamers all around. Tenzin nodded to his kids, and Ikki, Meelo, Rohan and Kai all pulled the wings from their suits and prepared to take flight. Jinora couldn't, on account of she was pregnant.

"Oh, looks like that's our cue." Starlight said to her son. Both pulled the wings from their suits and Starlight and Gallant, along with the rest of the air nation, flew up into the sky, giving a dazzling performance of arial acrobatics, while the unicorns shot fireworks from their horns. The crowd went wild and Iris's eyes sparkled. Her mother was right, ever new Day of Harmony felt like it was the first one ever, all over again. It just never lost its wonder.

Music started to play in the air, to which Akari rolled her eyes to, while smiling knowingly. "Of course, what welcoming ceremony would be complete without a song?" she said, nudging Iris's arm, who was actually more excited about it than she led on. She most certainly inherited her mother's unrestrained love of singing. And, she had the same angelic voice to boot.

(Welcome to our family, from Brother Bear)

Korra:

Everyone's invited

This is how we live

Twilight:

We're all here for each other

Happy to give

The two longtime soul sisters hugged. It still astounded them how much has changed since they first met. Their husbands wrapped their arms around their wife's waists, and their free hands on their respected daughter's shoulders.

Mako:

All we have we share

Flash:

And all of us we care

So, come on!

The entire Team Avatar Harmony started off the chorus by singing together. They still sounded as strong and joyful as the first time they all sang while marching down the streets of Republic City, encouraging benders and non benders to come together in harmony. The airbenders landed and broke into a choreographed dance number, with airbenders all young and old, performing to their heart's content, with Fluttershy joining in as well. Their movements incorporated modern pop moves with traditional airbending forms to give them a sense of fluidity and zeal. As they danced and sang, the audience clapped their hands and sang along.

Everybody:

Welcome to our family time

Welcome to our brotherly time

We're happy giving and taking

To the friends we're making

There's nothing we won't do

Chi and Nori danced to the beat, as did Nova and Sunset Shimmer. Literally everybody was dancing, clapping, stomping their feet and bobbing their heads to the beat. Even grouchy old Lin swayed to the music, with a soft smile on her face. Her sister bumped their hips together to motivate her even more, but Lin only laughed it off and remained with her arms crossed, simply nodding to the tune.

Welcome to our family time

Welcome to our happy to be time

This is our festival, you know

And best of all

We're here to share it all

Fluttershy took center stage, singing her solo, with Opal and Starlight Glimmer beside her.

Fluttershy

There's a bond between us

Nobody can explain

Opal:

It's a celebration of life

And seeing friends again

Starlight Glimmer:

I'll be there for you

I know you'll be there for me too

Fluttershy, Starlight and Opal:

So, come on!

The airbenders each grabbed someone from the audience to dance along with them. Before long the streets, and even the residents in their apartments, were all out and dancing in celebration. Starlight took Sunset Shimmer and Nova by the hands and led them with her. Opal went to grab her husband, Tu, while Fluttershy pulled Thorax and Discord. Pinkie Pie quickly grabbed her husband and daughter, and every Mane Six Member were on the dance floor with their respected husbands and or boyfriends, dancing with their kids. For Rainbow Dash, she handed her baby to her mother, who was more than happy to do so.

Everybody:

Welcome to our family time

Welcome to our brotherly time

This is our festival, you know

And best of all

We're here to share it all

Applejack and her entire Apple Family pulled Varrick, Zhu Li and their son, VJ, to join in the fun. Varrick pulled out his cowboy hat from, somewhere in his pocket jacket (somehow), placed it on and began square dancing to his adopted Apple Family. Zhu Li laughed but joined in, as did their son.

Leilani and her daughters danced side by side, while Su finally got Lin to dance. Wu scooted closer to Kuvira, offering her his hand to dance. She shrugged and gladly took his hand. However, rather than him leading her to the dance floor, she led him. The powerful woman literally dragging the scrawny former prince, who nearly flapped behind her like a piece of paper on a windy day.

Nori caught Rarity and her father's hands and danced alongside them. The little merpony couldn't contain her happiness. She couldn't remember the last time she knew what it was like to have a complete family. Being with her father was always enough for her, but seeing him with somepony who made him happy, and whom she adored immensely, made Nori realize just how lucky she was that they had found this place.

Bolin spun Asami around, just as they did on the eve of their wedding. If there was anything that could have made this moment better, was if Asami, Bolin and Mako's parents were still around to witness how far their children had come. They knew they would be so proud, and adore their grandchildren. Most importantly, they would want for them to be happy with their new lives.

Asami:

Remembering loved ones departed

Bolin and Asami:

Someone dear to your hear

Sunset Shimmer:

Finding love

Sunset and Nova:

Planning a future

Twilight:

Telling stories

Twilight and Flash:

And laughing with friends

Korra and Mako:

Precious moments you'll never forget

While everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves, Iris observed while leaning against a pillar. There were so many colors, people and creatures from all walks of life. Each with their own stories to tell, stories of which will be remembered for years to come.

Iris:

This has to be the most beautiful, the most peaceful place

I've ever been to

It's the place that I am proud to call my home

When I see how far we've come I can't believe it

And yet, I see it

In them I see family

I see the way

I wish to be

Iris was caught off guard when Akari took her by the arm, dragging her towards the dance floor with everybody else.

Akari:

Come on!

Everybody:

Welcome to our family time

Welcome to our brotherly time

We're happy giving and taking

To the friends we're making

There's nothing we won't do

Iris got more into the spirit and started harmonizing powerfully that literally everybody could hear her heavenly singing as she danced alongside her friends and cousins, and the entirety of her family.

Everybody:

Welcome to our family time

(Iris: Welcome to our family!)

Welcome to our happy to be time

(Iris: We're so happy!)

This is our festival, you know

And best of all

(Iris: Best of all!)

We're here to share it all

Welcome to our family time

(Iris: Welcome to our family!)

Welcome to our brotherly time

(Iris: We're so happy!)

We're happy giving and taking

To the friends we're making

There's nothing we won't do

Welcome to our family time

(Iris: Welcome!)

Welcome to our happy to be time

(Iris: Our happy to be time, yeah!)

This is our festival, you know

And best of all

We're here to share it

We're here to share it all!

As if the applauds couldn't get any louder than they had before. Iris heard people shouting how much they loved their queens, and the Elements of Harmony in general. Even the Sato family got praises. Iris and Akari were showered with cheers, especially from their classmates. Akari waved enthusiastically to the crowd, while Iris gave shy waves. Unfortunately, the reality behind all the smiles and colorful streamers could not be denied at the back of her mind. Her mother and father were being cheered for their past heroic deeds, but Iris… she was being cheered for simply being their daughter.

Among the audience, a slim figure stood still, yet her emerald eyes sparkled with a malicious gleam.

(~)

Applejack and Double Diamond happily poured some apple cider for the guests. Granny Smith and Grand Pear handed out delicious apple and pear treats, as did Big Macintosh and Sugar Belle, who happily conversed with Starlight Glimmer, Party Favor, Night Glider, and Trixie.

"You should have seen the audience I had for my latest magic show. I have never seen such a full house."

"I'm very happy for you, Trixie. You've really come a long way with your magic."

"Oh, I know." Trixie flipped her hair, her attitude oozing with that overconfidence she was known for. "But, I never could have come this far without the best magic teacher around." she said, wrapping her arm around her old best friend, Starlight.

Everybody was in deep conversation with someone. Cadance and Shinning Armor were chatting with Twilight and Flash, Spike with Ember, Varrick and Zhu Li with the rest of Applejack's family, and even the entire families of the Mane Six attended. Rainbow's parents, Twilight's, Rarity's, Fluttershy's, and Pinkie's.

Kuvira was having a nice conversation with Suyin, Lin and P'Li, while at the same time Wu was having a conversation with the changelings who came with Thorax. "So while Team Avatar were fighting a giant siren mecha tank, I rescued everyone from Kuvira's mecha suit wearing goons using only my singing voice and an army of badgermoles."

"Wow! That's both incredibly ridiculous, yet surprisingly inspiring." said one of the changelings.

"I know, that's what everybody else said." Wu said with pride.

Gilda tickled little Fire Fly's chin, and the little infant coed, while she was being held by Rainbow's mother, Windy Whistle. There were very few things in the world that could get the tomboyish Gilda to soften, and being around babies was one of them. She then started playing peek-a-boo, and little Fire Fly was giggling up a storm, which in turn made her parents laugh.

"She's a feisty one." Gilda said.

"And rambunctious." said Sorain.

Rainbow Dash chuckled. "It's true. Once during dinner, Fire Fly was tossing her stuffed dragon around, so when it went out the window, she started flying and went after it. She nearly gave Soarin a heart attack!"

"Actually, you were the one hyperventilating the entire time." Soarin pointed out, earning him an elbow to the stomach from his wife.

"I stand corrected." Gilda said with visible pride while Fire Fly giggled and blew a spit bubble from her mouth.

"Like mother, like daughter." said Windy Whistle.

"Ya got that right!' said Rainbow's father, Bow Hothoof, wiping away a single tear that escaped his eye. "I still can't believe it."

Rainbow Dash groaned in embarrassment. "Dad, get a hold of yourself."

"I'm sorry, it's just. It feels like only yesterday you were learning how to fly yourself, and now… you're a respected officer of the law, married with a child of your own, it's… I'm sorry, I need a moment!" the man weeped on his wife's shoulder, who cringed a bit, sharing her daughter's embarrassment.

"Dear, please, we promised Rainbow Dash we'd tone it down a notch."

"I can't help it!"

Rainbow gently took her daughter from her mother's arms, cradling her. Little Fire Fly was already getting excited over everything, and the last thing Rainbow needed was for the baby filly to sneeze fire… again.

"Only in our family." Rainbow said, to which Soarin kissed her forehead.

"Yeah. Only in ours." he said softly, which was enough to make the hard core Rainbow Dash herself blush.

Fluttershy, meanwhile, was having a lovely conversation with her family, alongside Thorax and Discord. The River Mongoose was happily perched on her shoulder. "Did you really see a giant desert worm?" she asked excitedly to the changeling king.

"Oh, you have no idea. We hardly escaped the thing. Luckily, one of the villagers was playing a flute so it calmed him right down long enough for me to kindly ask him to leave. Turns out, he was just upset some construction workers were disturbing his nest."

Fluttershy's brother, Zephyr Breeze's eyes widened in surprise. "Wow. That's some hard core diplomacy, my insect friend."

"Oh, it was nothing really." Thorax said humbly. "A simple misunderstanding is all."

"Well, we're very happy to have you back, Thorax." said Mr. Shy. His wife nodded.

"Oh, yes. Fluttershy couldn't contain herself when she heard you were coming back."

"Uh, mom, please…" Fluttershy blushed, covering her face with her long pink bang.

"Oh, that's not even the half of it!" said Zephyr, and if Fluttershy knew her brother (which she did), this was not going to end well for her. "She would even sing romantic ballads about how much she couldn't wait to see you again."

"Oh, I know, I was there." said Discord, putting his chicken claw on his shoulder. "I even recorded the whole thing!" He let out a surprised yelp when Fluttershy suddenly gripped him by his long white beard.

"You did what?" Fluttershy hissed in between her teeth.

"Oh, don't give me that, Flutters. I just really enjoyed your performance and wanted to commemorate it is all. Not my fault you have an angelic voice."

Thorax placed a reassuring hand on Fluttershy's shoulder. "It's alright, Fluttershy. Good to know I wasn't the only one."

Fluttershy blinked in surprise as she let Discord's beard go. "Wait, what?"

Thorax blushed, "Yeah. I sang about you too, just ask any of the changelings." Fluttershy blushed in responce while removing strands of her pink hair from her face.

Discord sighed, "Ah, two birds of a feather. Or, is it a feather and a… insect wing, I don't know, it's still adorable!"

Zephyr Breeze then spotted three beautiful adult mares not too far ahead. They were Adagio, Aria an Sonata, the former sirens were having a friendly conversation with a few other ponies. After many years of community service, Adagio and Aria were finally freed from their sentence, and allowed to reside in anyplace they wished. They had long since moved to Ponyville to be with their younger sister, who was the pony who caught Zephyr's attention the most.

The male pegasus handed Discord his drink and fixed his long yellow hair. "Excuse me, Disy. I've got some business to take care of." he said before making his way towards the three sirens. From affar, Fluttershy rolled her eyes at her younger brother shamelessly flirting at the sirens. Adagio and Aria were visibly annoyed, while Sonata, surprisingly, laughed at his attempts. She wasn't at all impressed, she just found his antics laughable. Lucky for Zephyr, she did like to laugh.

Maud happily handed her niece Cookie a candy necklace to which she immediately started eating. "It's delicious!"

"I found them during one of my rock study exhibitions. I made sure to bring as many of your favorite colors."

"I love it! You're the best, Aunt Maud!" Cookie squealed and hugged her aunt. Despite her monotone and expressionless face, Maud embraced her niece, her heart melting.

"Anything for you, Cookie."

Asami and Bolin were catching up with Opal and Bolin's cousin Tu. After several years, the two had become very happy together an already had twins of their own. Speaking of the twins, the little boys were playing alongside Jinora and Kai's children. After the two had married, Jinora gave birth to two children, one boy and one girl. The boy was named Aang, after his late great-grandfather, and the girl was named Lilly. Jinora was currently pregnant with their third child. The Apple Twins were also playing with them. They chased one another, bypassing several of the adults, who simply laughed and giggled at their innocence.

Ikki, Meelo and Kai all spotted their old friends: The Cutie Mark Crusaders. Meelo waved in their direction. "Apple Bloom! Sweetie Belle! Scootaloo!"

The three fillies had grown into mature, stunning young adult pony mares. Scootaloo still had her traditional pixie cut, but styled with a bang to the left side of her face, and had long since pierced her pony ears. Sweetie Belle was tall and elegant with subtle hints of makeup, making her resemble her older sister a tad more. Apple Bloom's voice had matured to sound near identical to her deceased mother. She wore her long red hair in a very low ponytail, tied with a pink ribbon, adorned with a small bow. She also sported a stylized cowgirl hat.

The old childhood friends hugged one another. "Kai! Meelo! Ikki! It's been a while." Apple Bloom said.

"Yeah. Looks like you've been busy with your Cutie Mark Day Camp, huh?" Ikki said.

"You could say that again." said Scootaloo.

"So, notice anything different about me?" said Meelo, expecting the pegasus to notice.

Scootaloo chuckled, "Oh, your mustache finally came in!" she said. Indeed, the twenty-four-year-old airbender had sported a light, yet still very noticeable mustache. One of which he was clearly proud of.

"What else is new with you guys?" Apple Bloom asked.

Kai shrugged. "Ah, you know. Same old same old."

Jinora made her way towards them, outstretching her arms to greet her old friends. "Hey, girls!"

Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were surprised, and equally happy, to see their old friend's rather large belly. "Looks like that's new." said Sweetie Belle and the four friends embraced.

"Jinora! Are you pregnant? Again?" Apple Bloom said. It would appear Jinora was taking after her mother. At this rate, she would have four kids. She already had three, it wouldn't be that far fetched.

Jinora rubbed her belly, "No, I'm just trying to smug out a giant cabbage." she said with witty sarcasm.

Kai wrapped his arm around her. "It's our third, another boy."

"Congratulations!" Scootaloo said, clapping her hands once. "Speaking of which, where are your other sweet little angels?"

"Incoming!"

The grown generation nearly tumbled backwards when the kids came dashing forward. Aang bared a strong resemblance to his mother, with her light skin and hair color, but had Kai's green eyes. Lilly resembled Kai the most, though her skin was of a lighter brown and also had his green eyes. They were running along with Tu and Opal's kids, and Cookie, Half Pipe and Sweet Gala. The two airbender children were ridding their air scooters indoors, as was Cookie.

"There are our sweet little angels." Jinora said.

Kai whistled to get their attention. They stopped and got off their air scooters. "Lilly! Aang! What did we talk about using airbending indoors?"

Aang hung his head. "Sorry, Dad."

"We're just heading to the spirit vines playground outside." Lily added/

"Yeah, we're gonna pretend to bungee jump!" said an excitable Half Pipe.

"NO!!" Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Kai, Jinora, Ikki and Meelo all exclaimed at the same time, startling the children.

"Why don't I go and keep an eye on em?" Meelo volunteered, putting the others at ease.

Jinora breathed a heavy sight and pressed her hand over her heart. "Thanks, Meelo."

"Come on, kids! Who wan't to hang out with your Uncle Meelo?"

"Yay!" the children cheered and took Meelo by the arms until they reached outside. The Crusaders and Airbenders watched the scene with content smiles.

"Don't that bring back memories?" Apple Bloom said, her heart swelling up with nostalgia, remembering all the times they would get themselves into crazy situations.

(~)

While Iris and Akari were best friends, so where Flurry Heart and Rohan. They had known one another since they were young, having been approximately the same age, and shared a genuine interest in archeology and medical usage of natural plants, flowers and minerals. The older alicorn princess was riveting her younger cousin and the human alicorn in her latest tale of when she fought the yeti.

"He had me cornered. His hulking body looming over me, and my back was pressed up against an icy wall. I thought there'd be no escape for me."

"Why didn't you just teleport yourself out?" Rohan asked rather cynically while folding his arms.

"Patience, I'm getting to that. Anyway, before I was rudely interrupted." she said, giving Rohan a snippy look, "Just as he was about to open his mighty jaws, I teleported myself--"

"Knew it." Rohan intervened.

"--Right above his head!"

"I did not see that coming." Rohan admitted.

"Then I sliced at his front leg! Which was when a chunk of his hair flew out. He let out a powerful roar, but I wasn't about to give up so easily."

"What did you do? What did you do?!" Akari asked, jumping up and down like a little child listening to a bed time story.

"What happened next, I--"

"I came along with the royal guard, trapped the yeti in an ambush, and had the crystal pegasus guards to take him miles away from the Empire." Shinning Armor concluded once he had approached them.

"Dad, no fair! I was just getting to that part!"

"I just wanted to make sure you told it accurately. You have a habit of making your tales a bit… overly theatrical at times."

Flurry Heart scoffed, "That's part of the fun."

Shinning Armor laughed and ruffled his daughter's hair. "You did a fantastic job leading that beast out of the crystal caves. I knew I could count on my top cadet." he said before leaving the kids to speak again. His work here was done already.

"That was so amazing!" Akari beamed, her hands clasped together. "Getting the chance to face off against a pony eating monster like that!" Akari then sighed. "Lucky."

"Hey, don't throw in the towel just yet, little cousin." Flurry ruffled Akari's mane, nearly tipping her tiara. "You'll be fighting your own pony eating monster before you know it."

"Don't go giving her any ideas, Flurry. She might actually do it." Rohan said.

"Uh, that's the whole point, Ro." Flurry said.

Rohan sighed and rubbed his temples while Iris sighed and gently shook her head. "Rohan is more of a "play it safe" kind of guy."

"Believe me, I know. He's been like that since we were kids."

"Hey! I am not "safe". Rohan said, using air quotes. "I simply prefer the security and comfort of an respected member of the Air Nation." Rohan spoke with much dignity and discipline in his speech…. only to have his hair ruffled by Flurry herself. "Hey!"

Iris laughed at the two, "I'm gonna go get myself something from the desert table. You guys play nice now." Iris and Akari both walked towards the table, leaving Rohan and Flurry to just laugh amongst themselves. No matter how different they were, they were still the best of friends.

Mai was taking a cup of punch, but when she turned around, the liquid winded up splattered all over someone's expensive red shirt.

"Oh, my gosh! I'm so sorry, I didn't… see you." Mai's face became even reader than the dress she wore. Of all the people she had to accidentally spill her drink on it had to be Lu Ten.

"No, no, it was my fault!" Lu Ten insisted, smiling politely, though Mai knew he was only trying to be nice. "I wasn't looking where I was going. My apologies, Miss Sato." he bowed in respect.

"Y-You know who I am?"

"Of course. You're Mai Sato. Daughter of Asami, owner of Future Industries and inventor of the geo-phone?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"I've been a fan of your mother's work for years. It's an honor to meet you."

Mai shyly tucked a hair behind her ear. "Or, it would have been if I didn't just spill my drink over you. Sorry."

Lu Ten looked down at his shirt and blushed. He had nearly forgotten he was still filthy. "Oh, don't worry about that."

Mai's eyes widened in surprise when Lu Ten manipulated the liquids with his hand to wipe the punch off of him and into the trash where it belonged. No wonder his eyes were blue.

"You're a waterbender?!"

"Yep. My father is water tribe descendant, so I'm the first in the family."

"Wow. Um, that's… uh, really cool." Mai stuttered. She bit her own tongue out of humiliation. What kind of thing was that to say? Multicultural families weren't anything new, so why would she even say that?

Thankfully for her, Lu Ten's uncle Iroh called out his name. "Sorry, I have to go. It was very nice meeting you, Mai. I hope we can talk again soon."

"Y-yeah. Sure. Totally." Mai stuttered again, her face even reader than before. Lu Ten smiled warmly at her before walking away. Once he was out of sight, Mai face palmed herself. "How much of that did you see?"

Gallant and Hiro had arrived not moments ago after Lu Ten had left, but they had indeed overheard the entire conversation.

"It wasn't that bad, really." Gallant said sympathetically.

"I acted like a flustered idiot." Mai groaned and pulled on her own hair. "I'm terrible at being subtle."

Both boys winced in agreement. "Yeah, no argument there." Gallant said, scratching the back of his neck nervously. Mai only looked even more dejected, making Gallant feel even worse for her. He wrapped a comforting arm around his friend. "But, we wouldn't have you any other way." he said sweetly.

Gallant was always good at saying the nicest things to people in order to make them feel better, without neglecting the truth, which was something Mai always admired about him.

To make his little sister feel even better, Hiro took a couple of chopsticks from a rice bowl, carried by a bypassing waiter, and stuck both of them up his nose, wiggling them to make it appear as if he had two really long, straight whiskers. As gross as it was, it always managed to make everyone laugh, even when they were kids. Most of the team had outgrown it, but for some reason, it always had the same impact on Mai. Probably because she knew this gag, as old and disgusting as it was, he always did it from a place of genuine brotherly love.

(~)

Rarity and Kombu were having a lovely conversation, well it was a silent one due to them primarily speaking using sign language. Kombu never really minded Rarity speaking while she signed, heaven knew she enjoyed talking, but the unicorn found something special about being able to converse without words and rather use one's hands to express one's self. Kombu may have lost his voice long ago, but he never ran out of things to say.

The unicorn then noticed her boyfriend's daughter leaning by a wall, looking over some papers, rapidly shaking her head while also face palming herself in the process. Rarity pointed towards her and the two approached the visibly distressed Nori.

Nori bit the on the ends of her pencil before writing something. She was visibly dissatisfied with it and erased it. "No, no, that won't work!"

"Nori, darling. Is everything alright?" Rarity asked.

"You look stressed." Kombu signed.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out these lyrics." Nori handed them the progress she had made so far. "It's the first time Queen Korra and Queen Twilight have asked me to sing for the Harmony Celebration, so it needs to be perfect."

Rarity and Kombu read through the words and genuinely found it hard to find anything legitimate bad about it. "These are really good, sweetheart." Kombu signed. "They're about friendship and unity, which is what this whole thing is about."

"I know, but these are things that have seen said over and over again. I don't want to just repeat what other singers have done before, I want to make something that… new and meaningful." Nori's ears lowered in disappointment. "But I just can't seem to find that muse. The gala is on sunday, what if I never finish it in time?"

"Darling, I understand. Inspiration can be a very fickle mistress, believe me. But, I think I have something that might help?"

"I could use all the help I can get."

"Well, what happens when you swim around in the same place for a really long time?"

"You get tired and the waters become restless." Nori said, unsure on where Rarity was going with this.

"Exactly! So, when that happens, step out of the water for a while, take a walk, focus on something dry, and then when you come back the waters will have calmed down and all will be smooth swimming. Do you understand?"

"Yeah. I think I do." Nori said, the hugged the unicorn. "Thanks, Rarity."

"Anytime, starfish."

Kombu tapped on her shoulder and signed, "Go on and have fun with your friends. Once you come back, the waters will have cleared right up."

"I will. Love you, Dad, love you, Rarity." Nori waved to her father and friend and went on to find her friends, with her lyric notes in her seashell shaped shoulder bag. Both the unicorn and merstallion watched with pride.

Nori certainly was a very special little merpony.

(~)

Sunset Shimmer drank every last drop of her cup of apple cider, which was surprising even for her. She must have really been thirsty.

"How you feeling?" Nova asked.

I'm fine, Nova. Don't worry. I've faced a lot worse before, I think I can handle a little flue." Sunset said, placing a stray hair back behind her pony ear. She noticed her husband staring at her with a soft look in his eyes and a loving smile. "What?"

"I'm just… it still surprises me. For so long, I've been trying to avoid making friends aside from Chi because, I was scared of the darkness I still had even after Ronin was sealed away. And now… I can't imagine my life without you or any of our friends."

"I know the feeling. We've both come a long way."

"I think it's safe to say a lot of have." Zaheer said, approaching the two.

"Some a lot more than others." Sunset said, gesturing to Zaheer, making him chuckle. "So, how are things going with P'Li? From what I hear, you guys have become pretty close."

"Well, it's nothing serious or anything. We're still just friends."

"So, you don't think there's a possibility of…" Nova trailed off, hoping Zaheer would answer.

"I'm not sure, to be honest. It's strange, talking to one another after I was released has been, like meeting for the first time." her looked over to where P'Li was speaking to Starlight, Trixie, Thorax and Discord. He smiled when the tall combustion woman shared a laugh with them. "She's definitely not the same woman I once knew. Even she says I'm not the same man I used to be."

"That's a good thing, right?" Sunset rose a brow and gave a knowing smile.

Zaheer nodded in agreement. "Yeah… a very good thing. I've never felt more… relieved in all my life."

Nova traced his hands through his dark blue and silver streaked hair. "Hey, Zaheer. I've been meaning to ask." he hesitated for a moment. Seeing this, Sunset places a comforting arm around him. "How's Cosmo doing?"

Zaheer moved his cup around, seeing the liquid move within it, hesitating to answer. "He's a tough nut to crack." he said. Just as he expected, Nova's reaction was anything but thrilled. "He didn't used to talk a lot, but in recent time he's been opening up a little more. You know, he's talked about you a lot." he said, earning a surprised and also joyous sparkle in Nova's eyes. "About how you used to be inseparable when you were kids. He doesn't say it out loud but, I can tell he really does feel terrible about what happened between you."

Nova was silent, but he could definitely feel a sense of joy rising up inside of him. A small smile formed on his face, but was hesitant to get too excited. Zaheer could tell the sorcerer wasn't sure if to feel happy, excited or surprised, but was also keeping his guard up in case it turns out Cosmo was just pushing and pulling the process. One minute he's rising up from the darkened cold pool of anger and pride and then he's sinking back down again.

"He has asked about you." Zaheer said, surprising Nova all the more. "Maybe, if you're not too busy, you could pay him a visit. It might do him some good."

Nova's smile finally came full circle. Soft and gentle it was. "Yeah…maybe I will…thank you."

The airbended nodded. "Anytime."

(~)

Ali kept a watchful eye on the place. If either of her siblings were present, they would try and get her to relax. But, the young lizard spirit took her job very seriously. So far, everything was fine. No disturbances of any kind. Everybody was getting along. Ali loosened her tense muscles for a bit and decided it wouldn't hurt to get herself something to eat from the buffet table.

As she walked on by, her shoulder collided with that of some random stranger. "Oh, sorry, sir." she apologized. The man didn't even bother looking her way, or apologized. Perhaps he didn't hear her? Or maybe he hardly felt it? It was just a small tap, and it happened rather quickly so it probably just didn't bother him.

Once Ali was out of sight, a low angry growl vibrated from the man's throat.

(~)

Twilight and Korra smiled upon seeing Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Kuvira, Zaheer, Trixie, even Discord all happily chatting with one another. Even Varrick was happily sharing his ideas with the Apple Family, and little VJ was having fun with the other kids.

"It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?" Tenzin said, approaching the Queens of Friendship with Celestia at his side. "Seeing all of your students shinning just like you always knew they would."

Korra laughed and rubbed her face. "I swear, if my cheeks get even more sour I might need some surgery to fix em."

Twilight giggled. "Yeah. I can't remember the last time I smiled this much in my life!"

"I can only imagine how that feels like." Celestia said with a wink before she and Tenzin walked off to join the others, just when Flash Sentry approached his wife.

"Twily, some of my old academy buddies want to take some pictures." he said.

Twilight turned to Korra, who simply nodded her head, encouraging her to go. The two walked off, just when Korra heard Iris and Akari giggling not too far away. As fate would have it, her father Tonraq manifested beside her.

"She's growing up to be quite the strong young woman, isn't she?"

"Yeah, she is." Korra agreed. Her smile morphed into a frown upon seeing the expression on her father's face. "Dad, don't give me that look." she said. Tonraq did not change his expression, making his only daughter groan. "I'm working on it, okay!"

"I didn't say anything."

"Yeah, but I know you're thinking it."

Tonraq placed a hand on his daughter's shoulder, but not before caressing her cheek. "Korra, I understand why you kept this a secret all these years, I really do. But, if there is anything else I regret in my life, it's that I didn't trust you enough to know the truth about my past. Me, Tenzin and the White Lotus kept a lot of things from you when you were growing up."

"I know. While I still don't agree with a lot of it, I at least now understand why you did it."

"I just don't want you making the same mistake."

Korra couldn't argue with him there. Even when she had made that decision long ago, Korra knew her reasoning were not entirely different from her father's. Her only defense was that she had always planned on telling Iris once her powers kicked in, so it was never intended to be permanent secret, that was because she wanted her daughter to have the kind of childhood Korra never had. But, with her already being fourteen, and the teenager years being as unpredictable as they can be, and no doubt she was the Avatar for a reason, the consequences were already beginning to pile up on her.

For this long, the deal seemed reasonable. Tell Iris when her powers have kicked in again. Only, when would they? Wan only said they would arrive during puberty, yet at thirteen there was nothing, not specifically seven years later, still nothing. As annoying as everyone's worries were, Korra could no longer deny that she was starting to get them as well. There was still no sign of Iris's powers revealing themselves, but they could at any moment. Maybe telling her now would be no different than from where a parent would inform their children of certain topics before they happened in order to prepare them for it down the road. Like the "birds and the bees" talk, among others. Iris has had fourteen years to have her own freedom, maybe now really was time for her to know, with our without the powers.

Korra sighed. "Being a parent is a lot more complicated than I thought."

"It is…" Tonraq said with a soft smile. "And it doesn't get any easier."

"Thanks for the un-sugarcoated honesty, dad." Korra said with sarcasm.

"I though you'd be used to it by now. You've been married to Mako for fifteen years now."

Korra chuckled. "Thanks, Dad."

Tonraq kissed Korra's forehead. "It may not be easy, but trust me, it's worth it." he said before leaving his daughter to her thoughts. As fate would have it, Mako arrived shortly after. He was about to open his mouth, but Korra stopped him before he could even get a letter out.

"I know, babe. I know."

"So, we're still sticking to the plan?" Mako asked.

"Actually, maybe we shouldn't wait any longer."

"We're telling her now? Right now?"

"No, not right now." Korra looked over to where Iris was, relieved she and nobody else heard them. "Tonight we have that family dinner at Tenzin's and tomorrow afternoon's the festival, so we'll tell her first thing in the morning. Calmly, and together."

Mako let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank goodness! This whole thing's been making me more anxious than a rattle snack inside a cramp basket." he said, adopting a very light country accent sprinkled onto his words. Korra gave him a confused look. "I was just talking to Big Mac and Apple Bloom." he said, feeling a bit by what he just said.

Korra patted him on the back. "Let's go get you a drink." she led him towards the table where they were serving apple cider….only to find all of the bottles gone.

Their eyes darted towards a certain raven haired Sato woman who had just finished the last drop of Apple Cider. Upon noticing the two of them staring at her, Asami gave a chuckled laugh before dashing away.

(~)

"So, have you decided yet?" Iris asked.

Akari cocked her head. "Decided what?"

"You said that you were going to ask Gallant to be your date to the gala on sunday."

Akari's entire body became stiff and her cheeks turned scarlet. "Uh, did I say that? Wh-What I really meant was that I, uh, I'm a--"

"Come on, Akari. You've been pushing this back long enough. What's keeping you?"

"It's not that easy. Facing a timberwolf or even a dragon doesn't phase me, but actually asking a guy to a dance… that's more terrifying than anything I can imagine."

"Why? You've known each other since you were foals."

"Yeah, and I care about our friendship, but I don't even know if he's into me in that way. Or if I'm even his type."

"Why wouldn't you be? You both love animals, you're both bookworms, you both like exploring ancient ruins, albeit your reasons are mainly dangerous ones, but still. Anytime you want to go somewhere, he tags along, even after he points out all of the possible negative outcomes… in alphabetical order."

Akari giggled, shyly tucking her hair behind her ear. "Yeah. I think it's cute."

"Ya see? You're smart, and hardcore, and he still follows you." Iris pulled out a finger with every topic. "I mean, your mom whips the floor with you dad in a sparing match and he still looks at her the say a dragon looks at a lost treasure."

Akari tapped her chin in thought. "You make a good point." she said before biting her bottom lip. "Still…."

Iris wrapped an arm around her best friend. "Kars, for as long as I can remember, you've always been there to give me a good well meaning push whenever I needed it. Today, I'm returning that favor." Iris said… right before roughly pushing Akari a few feet forward, and she froze when she noticed that Gallant Steed was not too far away, still chatting with Mai, Hiro, Chi and Nori.

The young alicorn turned towards Iris, who encouraged her to go forward. Akari straightened herself and took in a deep breath, subtly puffing her chest. "Alright. I'm pushing fourteen, the day I completely embarrass myself in front of the guy I like was bound to happen anyways. Might as well get it over with."

"That's the spirit… I think." Iris blinked in uncertainty. The two made their way forward, only to abruptly stop when some random anthro unicorn unexpectedly crossed their path.

"Ah! I am so sorry! That was totally my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going." said a young anthro unicorn. She was a tall, pale blue/silver unicorn with a long slender horn, and long aquamarine hair with darker teal colored streaks across her hair. her eyes were a stunning emerald green and she had a golden heart cutie mark with a dark blue diamond in the center. She wore a lilac colored jacket over a plain white shirt, long black pants that hugged her long legs, and a pair of ankle high heel boots, and one black glove over her left hand. She looked to be around sixteen to eighteen years of age.

"Oh, that's alright." Iris said, "We're the ones who should have been paying more attention."

The unicorn studied the two girls, her eyes widening in realization. "Wait. You're Princess Iris, right? Queen Korra's daughter?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"Then you must be Princess Akari! Twilight's daughter!"

"On the muzzle." Akari said, tapping her current human nose.

The beautiful unicorn beamed with happiness. "What luck. My name is News Caster. I'm a journalist for the Equestrian Daily Post." she said, pulling out an ID card with her name and picture.

Akari happily greeted the unicorn by shaking her hand, catching her by surprise. "Nice to meet you, News Caster."

News Caster politely smiled before casually slipping her hand out from Akari's grip. "I was tasked by my boss to attend the Harmony Ceremony for up and personal interviews with the members of Team Avatar Harmony themselves. It's for an Anniversary article we'll be publishing by next week."

"Oh. I'm really sorry, News Caster, but my mother isn't doing interviews. At least not for today." Iris explained.

"Oh, I know. I was hoping to just, you know, mingle with the crowd before then. You two were the first royal I've been able to casually bump into today. The Queens themselves are constantly swarmed with fans and diplomates it's hard for a modest news pony like myself to get so much as a word out without looking like some crazed paparazzi."

Akari rolled her eyes, placing a hand on her hip. "Yeah, I know the feeling."

"Hey, guys." Mai called out, as she and the others gathered behind Iris and Akari.

Gallant took notice of their new companion. "Who's this?"

"This is News Caster." Iris said, introducing her new friend. "She's a journalist for the Equestrian Daily Post."

"Oh great, another one." Hiro muttered to himself. Being a Sato, he and his sister were all too familiar with unwanted reporters popping around asking questions. Especially irritatingly annoying ones. He cleared his throat and addressed to the unicorn in a polite manner. "Sorry, honey, but our parents aren't doing interviews today."

"She already knows." Akari pointed out, arching a brow at the earthbender.

"Who are you?" News Caster asked, not recognizing the young boy.

"I'm Hiro Sato. This is my sister Mai." Hiro introduced his sister, who simply waved.

News Caster's eyes widened and her pony ears perked forward in excitement. "No way! Your Bolin and Asami Sato's kids? Inventor of the geo-phone and only almost every single new magically enchanted technological achievement in the past ten years, and the city's well renounced retired pro-bending athlete, mover star and current owner of the Pro Bending Arena?! This must be my lucky day." News Caster's eyes then landed on a certain aquamarine colored anthro unicorn. She squinted her eyes a bit and took a single tentative step forward. "Um, excuse me, but would you by any chance be related to Starlight Glimmer?"

"Yeah, she's my mom." Gallant replied, "How do you know about her?"

"Oh, her story about when she defeated Queen Chrysalis is a very popular one. You just look so much like her."

"Wow, you really know a lot about our parents, don't you?" Mai said. She then slightly turned her head to the side and whispered to Chi. "A lot."

"I've been a huge fan of Team Avatar Harmony for years. They're kind of the reason why I got into journalism to begin with. I just love gathering information and learning new things about others. But, I know knowing only of their heroic exploits is only scratching the surface. That's why I'm hoping to get a more up and personal interpretation from them."

"Well, we're happy to have you here, News Caster. I'm Nori."

"The name's Chi." the wisp greeted.

News Caster bowed her head. "It's very nice to meet all of you. Wow, I mean just, wow. It must be such a thrill to be the daughters of the most iconic heroes of the millennia!" she said to Iris and Akari.

Iris nervously scratched the back of her neck. "Uh, that's kind of exaggerating a bit, isn't it?"

"Not even. That's the whole point of this celebration! If the Elements of Harmony hadn't destroyed Vaatu and restored the magic that was once severed from this world and Equestria, none of us would even exist." the other kids could only stand there and watch as the unicorn continued gushing over the heroes. "Not only that, but they have defeated countless upon countless of villains over the years. They have such incredible magic, and strength, courage. It's no wonder everybody adores them. Who wouldn't, right? Oh, you are so lucky to be related to the most powerful and beloved beings in the world!"

Iris gave a nervous smile. It wasn't anything new that she hear somebody praising her parents's achievements. It just didn't help very much with her current situation. Her parents were the heroes, and she was just… their kid. Half the time, she felt more like a mascot than an actual, legitimate contributor on the endless quest for maintaining balance and harmony.

"Uh…"

News Caster blushed and lowered her voice a bit. "Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself. Your parents are just such an inspiration. They're everything we only wished we could be."

"Yeah. I get that a lot." Iris muttered to herself.

Akari, seeing her friend already feeling left out, decided to help boost her confidence. "You know, Iris has done some pretty cool stuff too."

"Akari!" Iris exclaimed, only to be silenced when Akari covered her mouth with her free hand, ignoring the angry muffles that followed.

"Really?" News Caster asked curiously.

Chi jumped right in, hovering over the floor, which mirrored her enthusiasm. "Oh, totally! You probably may have heard about the Ronin incident seven years back."

"If memory serves, he was this shadow creature who tried to consume the world with his shadow army, right?"

"Technically, they were the Umbra, who were really possessed pony-spirt hybrids called the sorcerers, but yeah. Anyway, Ronin was in possession of a powerfully wicked sword, and only the purest of magic could break it. Iris here, at only age seven, had the exact magic necessary to break it. She freed the sorcerers and defeated Ronin!"

"Wow, really?"

"Technically, I didn't directly defeat Ronin." Iris clarified. "That was all on Chi's brother, Nova."

"Yeah, but you broke the sword!" Chi pointed out. She knew Iris was just making sure she wouldn't stretch the truth just to make her look good, but the wisp had a habit of stretching any story really. She was just eccentric that way.

News Caster's eyes widened in awe. "Wow! That is impressive! Like mother like daughter, I suppose."

Iris blushed at the compliment. "Thanks."

"What else?"

"Huh?" The other kids all asked in unison, all while wearing already growingly worried expressions.

"What other amazing exploits haves you done since then?"

And there it was. The question that always made Iris freeze up, her heart race, her face heat up and her hands sweat. The other kids tried to think of something, but Iris knew she couldn't lie.

"Um… I, uh… I volunteer at the senior center." she said, sounding not in the least bit confident in this fact.

Hiro quickly jumped in, wrapping one arm around her shoulder and holding her close, much to her unexpected surprise. "They say she's the best they have!"

"And, she helped rescue some folks from drowning when their boat got a leak on Yue Bay." Nori said, also pressing close to Iris.

"And she's raised more money at our school's fundraising for homeless animals than anyone else!" Gallant said.

"She helped our science team win against Golden Dragon High." Mai said, sounding extremely pleased with that. "We creamed them good." she said with a slight terrifyingly malevolent tone while clenching one fist, savoring the memory of their defeat.

News Caster blinked in alarm, but it was not because of Mai's disturbing one eighty. "Oh. Well, those are all very… nice." she said.

Iris had heard a lot of people call her good deeds various things. Great. Fantastic. Wonderful. Sweet. Not Spectacular, or awe inspiring, or even astonishing, but at least they acknowledged she did some good, even if it was no different than from what any other good hearted civilian would do. But simply saying they were "nice" when Iris always placed her all into them, felt somewhat like an insult.

"Excuse me?" Iris asked, unintentionally coming out sounding even more offended than she had hoped to sound.

"Oh, don't get me wrong, those are amazing and everything, they're just… uh… normal, I guess."

As much infuriating as it sounded, Iris knew she could not deny that truth. Those feats were ordinary compared to what her mother and family did in the past. Her mother and friends did those very things as well, and as expected, they encouraged others to do the same. But, aside from doing basic good deeds, they were also protectors. Guardians of this world and they looked danger in the eye almost every other week, or even month, depending on how things were going. But, Iris was an alicorn princess, with her own cutie mark after breaking an ancient evil relic. And yet, if one removed the wings and magic… Iris was no different than the average teenager good girl.

She shouldn't complain, because she has been doing good but… wasn't she meant for more? Was she really just meant to be nothing more than a mascot for what her mother did? A pretty example of their achievements rather than her own identity? Was this what her cutie mark meant? That she was just… normal?

"Normal? Seriously?" Akari intervened, completely disturbing Iris from her thoughts. The alicorn's ears pressed down agains her head.

"Normal in comparison to what your mother Twilight and her friends did." News Caster explained. "I'm not saying they're unimportant, I just assumed you guys would have more… thrilling stories to tell. But, I guess I shouldn't complain, you're what, twelve?"

"Fourteen." Iris stated, looking down in dismay.

News Caster reeled back. "Oh. Well…." the sound of her geo-phone went off and she read the text on the screen after flipping the cover open. "It's my boss. I gotta take this. It was nice meeting all of you, and don't you worry, Iris. You're still young, you'll be a legend before your know it."

News Caster patted Iris on her shoulder and made her leave, speaking into the phone with her boos on the other line. The rest of Iris's friends gave her the stink eye while her back was turned.

"Well, she was…" Nori trailed off, trying to find the right word.

"Harsh." Mai said bluntly.

"I was going to say… actually no, that is what I was going to say, yes."

Akari scoffed. "Uh, don't listen to that fanatic wannabe. She doesn't know what she's talking about."

"Yeah. I know." Iris replied, forcing a smile. But, deep down, as harsh as News Caster's words were… they did have some truth to them.

(~)

After the grand celebration, the rest of Iris's family returned to Air Temple Island for a quiet family dinner. It was sunset, so the sky was a stunning shade of pink, orange and yellow. The rays of the sun made the waters sparkle like diamonds.

Normally, Iris would be mesmerized by the sight, but after the party, she couldn't get News Caster's words out of her mind. It was as if she had said the words that Iris had always said to herself in her mind, but never fully spoke out loud because a part of her wanted to hold onto the hope that she would find her legitimate calling in life, which she had yet to do so.

Akari already knew her calling was being a skilled weaponry spells master and explorer. Gallant Steed was gifted with a soft hand for animals, and his magic served to help in that mission, its why he got along with Fluttershy so well. Nori was an amazing singer, who was artistic and could become a star overnight if she so wished. Mai was a super genius, nobody could thing as quickly as she could. Chi was older than the rest of them, she had seen so much and will continue to see more, she could be anything she wanted, and was. Hiro was not only the most sociable and outrageously funny guy she knew, but he was also a talented dancer and threw the best parties. Heck, he even helped Pinkie Pie coordinate his parents's twelve anniversary party once.

But Iris… she was just a smart, nice, musically skilled girl. Iris wasn't going to be a famous singer, that wasn't what she wanted. She wasn't going to be an academic scholar, as much as she enjoyed school that didn't feel like something she wanted to make a profession out of. She enjoyed so many things, and yet they didn't seem to stick as closely as they did for the rest of her friends. So, what was her ultimate special skill? Magic? She could perform all kinds of spells she had learned from Nova over the years, but still.

Akhlut, her loyal pet orca wolf, sat beside the princess, who was curled up, hugging her legs as the wind blew in her long multicolored hair. She partly opened her wings to feel the soft freeze in between her feathers.

"Hey, kid. Everything okay?"

Iris turned her head to see Tenzin right behind her. She sighed. "I'm okay."

"You don't look okay. You always come to this spot when you're upset."

"It's no big deal."

Mako sat right next to his daughter. "Come on, sweetheart. It's me. What's on your mind?"

Iris knew once Mako sat down beside her, there was very little she could do to convince him otherwise. It didn't help she had inherited her mother's inability to hide her emotions very well.

"Dad, do you think that… what I did to Ronin's sword is enough?"

"Is this about you feeling you haven't done as much as your mother?" Mako asked, though given his tone, he kind of already knew the answer.

"Maybe." Iris replied, turning back to look at the Aang statue up ahead.

Mako wrapped a comforting arm around his daughter, and Iris instinctively rested her head on his shoulder. "Princess, I know you want to feel you're a part of something, and I've always admired that about you. But, there is a lot more to being a hero and a leader than just beating up some corrupted leader or breaking a sword."

"I know. It's about believing in the Magic of Friendship and always placing others first." Iris said, partly rolling her eyes while speaking in a unenthusiastic tone. "You and mom preach that almost every day."

"Well, we are the King and Queen of Friendship, it's in the job description." Mako said lightheartedly, which made Iris chuckle.

"I just want to know what it is I'm supposed to do." Iris sat upright and got back on her feet, pacing back and forth, "I mean, I got my cutie mark from breaking an ancient sword, and after that I haven't done much else. I've learned an assortment of ancient spells from Nova, I help people out because I like it but, I don't know exactly what it is I want to do for the rest of my life. On top of that I'm an alicorn princess. There's gotta more to what I can do than just smile wave and be a typical "good kid"." she used air quotes for the last word. Akhlut let up a concerned whimper, while her father only gave her a sympathetic look. Iris groaned, dropping her arms. "I'm sorry if that sounds a bit selfish."

Mako gave a soft smile and stood back up to face his daughter. The setting sun behind him creating a slight aura around him from where Iris's stood. The same light caught in Iris's eyes.

"It's okay. Believe me, I know it's frustrating when it seems like life isn't giving you what you want. But, you want to know what your mother loved most about all of those adventures?" Mako cupped his daughter's face. "It wasn't just the magic laser beams, or anything… it was the lessons she learned from them. Sometimes, the answers to all of your questions…lie in the simplest of treasures."

"There's that preachiness again." Iris said.

"Your mother and your aunt have ruined me." Mako said, picking up a distressed tone, as if he regretted the man he had turned into. Iris and her father laughed at the joke. He always knew how to make his littler girl smile. "Take it one step at a time, sweetie. Something tells me you'll find your destiny when you least expect it."

"Thanks, Dad. Is it okay if I stay here for a little while."

"Sure." Mako kissed her forehead and let his daughter to her thoughts. He was relieved he and Korra agreed to tell her tomorrow morning after a long day like today. She would need her rest, and tomorrow everybody will be refreshed and, hopefully, Iris will take the news well. Who knows, maybe she will even be excited to hear about it.

Which was one of Korra's earlier concerns. Tonraq was right, being a parent was complicated.

Iris petted Akhlut's head. The orca wolf panted happily, his finned tail wagging as she looked out into the horizon, more specifically the Aang statue.

(Parody of How Far I'll Go from Moana)

I've been told all of the stories

Long as I can remember

I know all the words by heart

As Iris gazed at the waters bellow her, images of Ronin and the Twilight Blade breaking manifested in the soft moving waters right before showcasing her own present day reflection once more.

I've faced and won against a mighty foe

But even after all that

I'm right back to the start

Iris walked around the courtyard of Air Temple Island, all the while Ahklut kept her company. As she walked, she gripped her long dark brown hair.

Every turn I take

Every trail I track

Every path I make

Every road leads back

To the place I know, where I wish to go

But is it meant for me?

She stopped to look at her family's castle, connected to the island via a bridge, but no matter what, her eyes continued to fall on Avatar Aang himself. A longing in her heart ignited and she dashed forward, gripping the side of the crystalized bridge as she looked on at the slow sunset, which created shadows on the statue, making appear more human by the minute.

See his light where the sky meets the see?

It calls me

And no one knows

How far it goes

So many new questions are swarming deep inside me

One day I'll know

If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go

Iris turned away and walked back, walking by several airbenders, gathering fruits from the gardens. Iris having caught a few of the falling fruits and levitated them back to their respected owners. Akhlut caught one of the fruits and gate it whole.

I know, everybody in this city

Seems so happy in this city

Everything its own design

I know everybody in this city

Has a role in this new world

But I've yet to discover mine

Iris continued on, heading towards the cliff where Tenzin would often tell her stories about the air nation or the Avatar when she was growing up. It was her favorite place to think.

I could lead with pride

I could make us strong

I can face the tide

Sing a brand new song

But the line behind me is oh so long

Is there room for me?

That was a very good question. With so many great names that have came before her, could Iris really live up to all of them? Her eyes landed once again to the sunset, the endless horizon which made her and everything around her feel so small. And yet, the promise of there being more out there was enough to boost up her confidence, even just a little bit. She spread poem her wings and flew downwards from the cliff as if she were diving into the sea bellow. Ahklut dove alongside her, splashing into the water completely unharmed and jumping in and out of the waters, following Iris as she flew over the surface of the water.

See the light as it shines by the sea?

It's blinding

But no one knows

How deep it goes

And it seems like it's calling out to me

So come find me

And let me know

What's beyond that line

Will I cross that line?

Ahklut barked happily as Iris flew higher into the sky, high beyond the clouds, reaching out for the sunlight, which kissed the clouds, giving them a radiant orange and pink hue.

See the sun as it shines in the east?

It calls me

And no one knows

How far it goes

With the wind on my wings and my doubts stay behind me

One day I'll know

How far I'll go!

Iris dove back downwards, landing back on the pier while Ahklut rose up from the water, shaking his body, happily licking Iris's face. Iris sat on the pier, taking in the fresh air, feeling a lot better after letting it all out. Singing her heart out always helped.

Not too far off, Aang and Lilly were chasing each other near the beach. Lily was way ahead of Aang, hovering on her air scooter.

"Lilly, be careful!" Aang cried out. Unfortunately, the high spirited and rambunctious little Lilly did not listen.

"Bet ya I can fly higher than you can!" Lilly airbended herself even higher than before, ridding her air scooter all the way upwards on the cliff and flipped up into the air. Aang stopped his air scooter and stared in both awe and terror. Lilly did a large over the head flip, which resulted in her seeing the waters right in front of her. The young airbender fell several feet away, splashing into the ocean.

"Lilly!" Aang cried out, which caught Iris and Akhlut's attention. Lilly emerged from the waters, splashing like mad.

"Help! Help!" she cried out. She had yet learn how to swim, and due to her reckless airbending stunt, she had landed on the deepest end of the ocean, and couldn't safely walk back up the shoreline.

Iris immediately sprung into action. "Hang on, Lilly!" she called out. "Aang, go get your parents!"

Aang nodded and hurried to call the rest of the family and Iris dove right into the waters, with Akhlut at her side. Holding onto his dorsal fin they swam at top speed towards Lilly, who was sinking more and more by the minute. The poor child was terrified and she struggled to stay afloat.

"Help! Help me!" she cried out once more before she was completely submerged in water. Akhlut accelerated his speed to see Lilly, still struggling to reach the surface. Her cheeks puffed in an attempt to hold out for air.

Seeing the child sinking lower and lower into the cold waters ignited something within Iris. Before her eyes, images flashed. In a rapid back and forth pattern, the image if a sinking Lilly turned into that of what appeared to be a young nomad boy sinking while lighting flashed in the the surface of the water. The images kept flashing before the later of the boy finally stabilized for two seconds and his eyes opened, revealing them to be glowing white orbs.

Akhlut became startled when Iris's wings suddenly radiated with an intense white glow that warmed the waters around them. The star on Iris's forehead also glowed and when she opened her eyes, revealing the same pearl white orbs as the boy in her vision.

The princess spread open her wings and rocketed at top speed towards the sinking child, who had already run out of oxygen. She swam even faster than Akhlut could, and he was a very fast swimmer. She reached her in record timing, all the while leaving behind a shimmering trail of luminescent bubbles in her wake. She grabbed Lilly into her arms and spiraled up towards the surface.

Just when everyone else had arrived at the scene, all eyes landed on the spiraling, glowing, glittering watery vortex before them, and out spewed a spiraling whirlpool, which lifted Iris and an unconscious Lilly up to the surface. The whirlpool broke apart, and the waters fell back into the ocean, creating a medium tidal wave, all the while Iris hovered above everyone, her non flapping wings flowing brightly white before flapping once more. She gently landed onto the soft sands where the glowing of her wings, eyes and star finally faded. Iris inhaled oxygen, as if she were the one who had been drowning and got down on her knees, her focus solemnly on the the girl in her arms. Both of them were soaking wet, but thankfully, Lilly managed to cough up the water from her lungs.

"Lilly!" Jinora and Kai hurried towards her daughter. Iris gently handed the wet child to them.

"Are you okay?" Kai asked, his hands trembling due to the shock.

"I'm okay, Daddy." Lilly replied, still coughing up come water. "Iris saved me."

Iris felt Akhlut's face nuzzle her own, but she was still too stunned to reply. Not even Kai, Jinora, Tenzin, Pema, Ikki, Meelo, Rohan, Asami, Bolin, Mai, Hiro, Starlight, Sunburst, Gallant Steed, Twilight, Flash, Akari, Nova, Sunset, Chi, Tonraq, Seena, Ali, Mika, San, Korra, or Mako said anything.

Water dripped from her cloths, hair and wings, still breathing heavily, which slowly leveled. Jinora took Lilly into her arms and finally nodded in gratitude. "Thank you, Iris."

All Iris did was nod her head, her body still trembling from the experience, and everyone still looking at her.

"What just happened?" she asked, her voice shaking.

Korra and Mako shared a look before both squatted down to her level. Korra spoke first. "Iris… we need to talk."

(~)