• Published 1st Jul 2017
  • 3,097 Views, 81 Comments

The Little Pony Legend: A New Beginning - MaggiesHeartLove



Meet a new generation of heroes as they fight to defend their magical home from the forces of evil that try to disrupt their harmony. A short sequel spin-off to The Little Pony Legend series

  • ...
6
 81
 3,097

The Next Generation

*(~)*

James 3:16~

For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

*(~)*

The Next Generation

Mai tried again and again, but no fire came from her fingertips. Not even a tiny spark. Her older brother consoled her, wrapping his arms around her, as did her parents. Despite their apparently hopeless situation, everyone did the only thing they knew they could do right now.

Think of a plan, and console one another. Even Chi, who was often in her blue skinned human form, had reverted back into nothing more than a tiny little flame-like creature with bright white eyes, no mouth and tiny little arms. She couldn't even float, but instead Nova had her rest on his head as he and Sunset Shimmer wrapped their hooves around one another.

Their powers were gone. There was nothing nobody could do. Even Asami's electric glove has been fried when Chrysalis sucked away all their magic. On top of that, none of them were in peak fighting condition. Their bodies were numb, their legs felt like they would crack if they got back up. Everything looked hopeless.

Starlight Glimmer hung her head in shame. "I'm so sorry, everybody. I thought if I didn't--"

Sunburst placed his hoof over her mouth. "It's okay, Starlight. We understand."

"None of us blame you." Kuvira said, her black hair an unkept mess.

Iris sat a few feet away from her parents, but they managed to gain enough strength to walk up and sit beside her. Iris wiped her tears with the back of her fingerless glove.

"I'm sorry mom and dad."

"It's not your fault. You did everything you could." Korra said softly, cupping her daughter's face. "I'm very proud of you, sweetheart."

"We both are." Mako said, wrapping his arm around his daughter.

"I don't mean about the potion." Iris said, "I meant about what I said to you before. About holding me back. I was wrong."

Korra gently shook her head. "No, Iris. You were right. I should have prepared you for this more. You could have been ready."

"No, Mom, that's not it." Iris took her mother's hands into her own, staring into her now grayish blue eyes. "You've spent my entire life teaching me about the Magic of Friendship and what the Avatar is. I used to think I understood what it meant… but now I really do." Iris paused for a moment, feeling an ache in her chest and her voice starting to crack. "I wanted to help people the same way you did, but I also wanted to feel that what I was doing was important. I wanted to be a hero so badly that I was blinded to what really matters. You share the Magic of Friendship because it's what we were created to do. Without that Magic there wouldn't even be an Avatar, or the Elements of Harmony, or any friendships at all. Families, love, forgiveness. You wanted me to figure that out, that's why you always encouraged me to make new friends and to celebrate what makes them all unique… something you never had growing up."

Even with the growing smile on her face, more tears kept pouring out of Iris's eyes with no end in sight. She tightened her grip on Korra's hands.

"You wanted me to learn about friendship so that I would understand what being the Avatar was all about. I'm sorry I made you think you did something wrong but not telling me right away. You and Dad did everything in your power to make sure I was given the life you were both deprived of."

Iris intertwined her fingers with Mako's. Both parents were tearing up as well. "Daddy, you make every single moment we have together special, no matter how small. You both always encouraged me to find my own voice. To spread friendship in my won unique way. I should have trusted your better judgment. I should have been more patient. I love you both so much."

"We love you too, Iris." Mako's voice cracked as he embraced both his wife and daughter, all three weeping on each other's shoulders, not caring how their salty tears stained their cloths. "You've grown into the strong, intelligent young woman we always knew you would be."

Korra kissed Iris's forehead, stroking her hair. "There is nothing we wouldn't do for you."

"Same goes for us, little sis." San said as he and his sisters joined in the family embrace.

Twilight, Flash and Akari happily observed the tender family moment, their own daughter wiping away her tears with her wing. "Mom, Dad, I'm sorry. If I had been there, I could have done something."

"It's not your fault, Akari. There's no way you could have known." Flash said, stroking her mane.

Twilight gently lifted her chin up with her hoof. "But even so, you traveled all across the Spirit World, and into the Dark Realm just to save us. All of us. I know I worry about you a lot, but understand that we will always believe in you. You're growing up to be a very brave warrior princess, and a terrific leader."

"Well, I can't take all the credit." Akari wrapped her hooves around both her parents. "After all, I'm the best part of both of you."

Nori couldn't resist tearing up either, tears Rarity tenderly wiped with her own hoof. This was a gesture that could be replicated for the rest of the group.

"Rarity, if this is the end, I just want you to know…" Nori sucked in her lip, for her next words would be so heartfelt they would only cause the dame to crack all the more and an ocean of tears was fast approaching. "You've been the best thing that has ever happened to my family. I never thought I would see my father smile the way he does when he's with you. I never got to know my real mother very sell, and getting to know you, I finally know how it feels like to have a mother."

Rarity had her hoof to her mouth the entire time, ears pressed down and her eyes shimmering with the waters that flowed.

"Oh, Nori." the unicorn quickly wrapped her hooves around the teenage merpony, nuzzling her cheek against hers. "Ever since I discovered I could never have foals, I had given up hope on ever having a family of my own. But you and your father remind me that it's not the blood that matters, it's the bond that counts." Rarity sobbed but continued to smile. "You are such a special little merpony. You always know just how to make me smile even in my worst days. You share your song with everyone you meet. You remind me why I do what I love every single day. All the beautiful gowns in the world mean nothing without you in my life."

"I love you, Rarity." Nori said, hugging the unicorn once again.

"And I love you. More than you will ever know."

The same tears reached Bolin and Asami. Her husband's features wrinkled, unable to sustain himself at how overwhelmingly touching this scene was. Asami handed him some random hankie she had for him to blow his nose into.

"Kids, we're sorry for being so overprotective." Bolin said to Mai and Hiro, both of which were tearing up as well.

"We should have trusted you." Asami said.

"It's okay, Mom. We get it." said Hiro, lovingly taking his mother's hands, while Mai did the same with her father.

"After everything you've both been through, we should have known why you wouldn't want anything to happen to us." Mai said.

Asami sighed and cleaned her tears with her palm. "Still, I guess we just have to face facts. You guys are going to deal with a lot of things in your lives and we can't always be there with you. We just have to take the plunge and… let you handle it."

"Hey, don't forget, we're Satos." Mai said with a proud smile. "We can handle anything."

"And even if you're not always around, just know everything you've taught us, we'll always carry it. In here." Hiro pressed his hand over his heart… which was in the wrong spot, so Mai had to move his hand more towards the left side of his chest.

Bolin chuckled as he smiled at his wife. "We raised some good kids."

Asami nodded in agreement. "We sure did."

Starlight turned to her son and husband. "I hope you can forgive me for all of this."

"Mom, there is nothing to forgive. We know why you were forced to make the potion, and you tried to outsmart Chrysalis by not completing it. You never could have predicted what would happen. I know you would never do anything to hurt anyone."

Starlight smiled while ruffling Gallant's hair. "Guess it makes perfect sense for you to be the new Element of Kindness."

"You and dad are the reason for that." Gallant said, surprising both parents. "You guys inspired me to want to help others. To always place their needs above my own. The honor of being an Element is every bit yours as it is mine."

Sunburst smiled with pride. "That's our boy."

With the wisp on his head, Nova had her sit on his hoof for them to make eye contact, while his other hoof was wrapped around Sunset Shimmer. "Chi, y--"

"I know, I know. You're proud of me for not letting these crazy kids fall to their doom or eaten alive by a carnivorous plant." Chi said, placing her tiny little arms on her wide little hips.

Twilight's head perked upwards in alarm. "Wait, what?"

"Nothing!" Chi exclaimed in a hurry, rubbing her tiny arms as a result.

Nova chuckled. "I was going to say that I'm sorry for all the times where I complained about you being so stubborn. After all, it was that stubbornness that got us out of some pretty hairy situations back in the day."

"You may call it stubbornness, I call it unyielding devotion." Sunset Shimmer said, giving the little wisp a kiss, which made her glow pink, indicating she was blushing.

"Don't you mean, Loyalty?" Rainbow Dash corrected, walking up to the two.

"Exactly."

"I still can't believe you kids are the new Elements of Harmony." said Applejack. "I wasn't entirely sure what would happen to them once we were gone."

"Come on, Applejack. Just because we won't be around forever, doesn't mean the Elements wouldn't be." Korra said, "They exited long before us, they will exist long afterwards."

"Well, I'm not surprised Nori shares my Element. I can't think of anypony more worthy of it." Rarity said, holding the young merpony closer.

"And, with my job and the baby, somebody else is going to have to take up the mantel at some point." Rainbow extended her hoof, and Nova allowed Chi to sit on hers. "I can't think of anymore more awesomely perfect to represent my Element than this little wisp."

Chi's little white orbs for eyes widened. "Really, R.D?"

"If I had to give my title of Most Awesome Flyer to anyone… I'm glad it's you."

The little wisp was at a loss for words. She had always admired Rainbow Dash, and to hear her say that was just… it was just too overwhelming to put into words.

"Thanks, Rainbow. I won't let you down."

"I know."

Fluttershy, who had been with Thorax the entire time, and Discord sitting beside them, stood up and approached Starlight and her family. "Gallant Steed, I knew from the moment you were born that you were destined have a heart as big as a bear. I for one, am honored to have you be the new Element of Kindness."

Gallant Steed stood up and bowed before the yellow pegasus. "Thank you."

Hiro was taken by surprise when a happy pony Pinkie Pie appeared from behind him and started ruffling his hair. "I always knew you had a future in bringing smiles, Hiro! Just like your old man!"

"Hey, I'm not that old!" Bolin exclaimed, feeling a tad insulted, while Asami only tried to hold back a laugh, which coincidentally only proved Pinkie's point.

Hiro laughed and adjusted his hair. "Thanks, Pinkie Pie." he said, hugging the pink pony.

Mai was caught off guard when she felt something be placed on top of her head. She turned around to see Applejack had placed her signature brown hat on the firebender's head.

"Applejack? What's this?"

"My way of sayin' that I would be more than honored to have such a smart, independent and hard-workin' young woman such as yourself to represent my Element of Honesty. Also, call it a thank you for all those times you babysat the twins for me."

Mai's eyes teared up as she tipped her hat to the country pony. "Thank you, Applejack. I'll wear it with pride."

Twilight held Akari's hooves with her own. "And of course, the Element of Magic is nothing without the Element of Unity." she turned her head towards Korra, and Akari turned hers towards Iris.

"And the Element of Unit is nothing without the Elements of Harmony." Korra said, while Iris and Akari exchanged smiles.

Discord un-shamefully cried his eyes out, while hugging Kuvira, Zaheer, P'Li and the Crystal Empire Royal family.

The kids all humbly nodded their heads before everyone, while hugging their respected predecessors.

Iris's eyes snapped open and she gasped when she suddenly felt something stir up inside of her. Korra felt the same sensation. Both of their chests began to glow, and that same glow transitioned towards their wings, illuminating the dull and dreary desert landscape.

The same glow manifested on Akari and Twilight, followed by Chi and Rainbow Dash, though unlike the alicorns, only their chests glowed. The same happened with Fluttershy and Gallant Steed, Applejack and Mai, Hiro and Pinkie Pie and with Rarity and Nori.

The bright colored returned and they could feel their strength returning. That same energy spread out, reaching everyone else, giving them the strength to stand back up. They could feel their powers and strength returning. That same warmth and joy they had felt time and time again in the past had returned with great force.

Iris and her friends were then lifted up into the air, the light now engulfing all of them in a shimmering ray of rainbow colors.

"How is this possible?" Iris asked.

"Remember the story of Tirek?" Korra said, "He may have taken our physical magic, but we carry within us the most powerful magic of all. That's something, not even Chrysalis can take away."

Iris saw her clothing begin to change. She now wore a long shirt that was cut open from the waist down, colored purple, but with elegant, curly designees across it and on the edge of the opening, with colors of blue, light magenta, aqua-green and yellowish green. Her pants were a black, magenta scarlet shade and blue boots with light magenta, light yellow, green and aqua outlines. On her shoulders were light green shoulder blades with pink outlines and purple jewels with yellow outlines. Around her waist was a belt with a heart shaped jewel with yellow wings and two chains going both sides of her outfit, each one depicting a color matching her friends' color schemes. On her arms she wore long bracelets, same color as her boots with yellow, pink and light aqua-green outlines. On her head she wore a heart shaped magenta jewel with a golden outline, holding her ponytail. Her father's scarf was still around her neck.

Akari's outfit that was in a similar color scheme as her normal outfit, with yellows, pinks and reds. Changing back into her anthro form, she gained a sparkly yellow shirt that was red from behind with a flame-like design that flowed from behind her, and a riffled skirt with red/pink hues. Dark red leggings and matching boots with stars on top, added with blue flames within. She wore long gloves with yellow cuffs and blue stones above, matching her cutie mark's color.

Chi had changed back into her human form, with her hair having grown longer and styled into a ponytail, adorned with a hair clip that resembled the heart-shaped fox head on her arm, which was bare while a silver cuff was on her right arm. She now wore a simple purple shirt with silver shoulder blades and matching belt. The shirt was also cut over to resemble some kind of tutu, and transparent white lightning shaped fabric flowed from it. She wore a pair of dark blue pants that reached a few inches bellow her knees with a white outline going downwards from both sides and a pair of sneakers with lightning bolt symbols.

Mai's hair was styled into a low ponytail, ended and tied together with three red hairbands, her hat still in place by now adorned with a lotus flower clip on the side. Her outfit was a full body shirt that flowed bellow and was longer from behind, with a golden belt and neckline, designed with gear symbols on the front. She wore black pants underneath and a pair of platform steampunk styled boots. On her hands she wore gloves that resembled those of her moth, but rather than be electric, they had a locate symbol on them. The mark on her arm was bare.

Hiro gained a marching band styled shirt with shoulder blades, no sleeves and symbols of the earth kingdom on both sides and cuffs on both hands, a pair of dark green pants and boots.

Gallant Steed had a prince-like shirt that also doubled as a cape from behind, withe shoulder blades, belt, regal looking boots and cuffs on both wrists.

Nori's dress was a strapless seashell styled pink outfit, with a shoulder necklace adorned with beautiful shells, pearls and diamonds. Her belt buckle was that of her cutie mark, and a flowing multicolored mermaid skirt with purple, blues and aquamarine shades flowed from behind her, and a stream of pearls cascaded from the front, she wore a pair of dark aquamarine leggings, with long boots adorned with pearls.

Once the glowing light diminished, Iris and her friends held each other's hands and the entire desert was engulfed in a shimmering, heavenly light.

(~)

Innocent spirits ran for their lives as the gigantic Chrysalis stomped her way through the forest. Her glowing eyes grew wider and wider with everything she devoured. More trees lost their beauty and greenery, and the plants crumbled and died up beneath her feet.

She wanted more. She needed more. She had to have more. And more she would have.

Chrysalis's ears twitched, hearing something coming from above. Looking up she saw a multicolored stream of light skyrocketing from the opening of the Dark Realm and crash land in front of her. The giant Chrysalis was thrown off and slammed into a row of trees, breaking them in the process.

Once the smoke had cleared, Iris and the rest of her newly transformed friends stood before her, each one sporting a new outfit and glowing with a powerful light around them.

"Impossible!" she spatted. But rather than question this, Chrysalis proceeded to blast at the children. The kids all flew off, the powerful magic surrounding their bodies, giving them the ability to hover around her, similar to the Rainbow Power the Mane Six had obtained years ago.

Iris and Akari first attacked by unleashing a simultaneous magical attack on Chrysalis, striking her right in the eye. She screeched in pain and, seeing her chance, Mai lifted up a boulder, twenty times her size and hurled it at Chrysalis, striking her hard on the chest.

Gallant Steed pressed his fingers into her mouth and whistled. Chrysalis was astonished to see once her army of changeling wolves returned back into their original canine forms. Not that it mattered, since Chrysalis had no more use for them anyway.

Never the less, the army of wolves howled and charged at their former master. Despite her incredible size and magic blasts, the wolves were able to dodge her incoming attacked and snap at her legs. Puncturing their hundreds upon hundreds of teeth distracted Chrysalis enough for Hiro to start throwing his exploding rocks at her. Chrysalis tried to shield herself, but the blasts just kept coming.

Chi grabbed hold of multiple vines from the trees and wrapped them around Chrysalis's legs, while the wolves kept on snapping at her. Chrysalis managed to slap them away, but couldn't keep up with Chi's incredible speed.

To add things up, Nori unleashed her flat pearls at Chrysalis like blades, the sharp edges slicing Chrysalis right in the face. The giantess lost her footing and landed hard, rolling down a cliff, screaming as she did and landed hard on a forest clearing.

The teens stood on the edge, overlooking the seemingly unconscious Chrysalis, only to see her get back up, wipe the traces of torn up skin from her face and arms and rose her two fists over her head, smashing them hard on the ground. The ground trembled and trees fell all around the kids. They narrowly escaped and Chrysalis only kept swatting the wolves away from her.

The kids continued throwing their magic at her. Mai with as many giant trees she could throw at her, Hiro with his explosions until he ran out, Nori with her shields, while simultaneously protecting her friends from an incoming magical blast from Chrysalis, and Chi with her speed to try and slice through her with her sword arm.

Iris, Akari and Gallant steed converged every magical spell they could think of and unleashed them all on Chrysalis. But no matter how much they tried, Chrysalis was able to get back up and swat them away from her, while simultaneously continuing to absorb the magic from the spirit world.

The two proceed with their attacks, with Iris close to a perfect bullseye, only to stop abruptly when she heard that voice again.

"Help!"

Iris froze, only to get knocked down along with Akari, who jumped in to save her from Chrysalis's blast. Both were rescued by Gallant Steed and Nori, thanks to her shields. Gallant Steed hurried to rescue innocent spirit creatures from her wrath, and Nori attempted to shield several more with her pearls.

Iris and Akari led the spirits away to safety and Mai removed a boulder from behind a rock so that the spirits would be safe.

"It's no use!" Hiro called out. "No matter what we throw at her, she just keeps getting stronger!"

"The more magic she absorbs the stronger she becomes!" Nori exclaimed, right before haven to cover everyone from an incoming tree that came their way. It cracked in two upon impact.

"Anyone got any ideas?" Mai asked, "'Cause I've got nothing!"

Iris tried to think of something. Her mind get going back to that voice.

The voice.

It sounded as if it were coming from…

Her eyes widened when an idea lit up in her head. "Remember how Chrysalis was defeated last time?"

"What's your point?" Hiro asked.

"Chrysalis used to feed off of love, but when Thorax shared his love it overpowered her."

Akari's eyes widened. "Are you saying…"

"I'm saying, rather than defeat Chrysalis with fighting, we should do what the Element of Harmony do best." a confident grin formed on her face. "Give her our Friendship."

When the dots connected, the kids all nodded in agreement and stood before the magic stealing scubas giant.

"Hey, Chrysalis!" Iris called out, getting her attention. "You want our magic?… You can have it!"

With their hands held together, the magic of the Elements flowed through them as they rose up from the ground. Iris opened her eyes, revealing the glowing white orbs of the Avatar State and her glowing wings. One by one, each of the Elements's eyes glowed with the same whiteness and a literally rainbow emitted from them, coming at the speed of a torpedo directly at Chrysalis, striking her right in the chest.

The magic kept on coming at her. It was too much for Chrysalis to take, it just kept on coming and coming, too fast and too strong for her to process.

The kids continued to glow as the changeling queen's body began to crack. Rays of light emitted from those cracks as more and more layers of her body came off.

"NO! STOOOOOP!" she screamed at the top of her lungs until the intense magic finally reached its peak. Her entire body shattered, large chunks of her skin were thrown all around, landing on trees, boulders, everywhere.

As a result, streams of magic flew all around, returning to the areas from which they had been taken. Spirits had regained their vibrance and color, trees regrew and plants blossomed once more. The Spirit World became lush and beautiful once again.

The children's eyes closed and they were slowly lowered down back safely to the ground. The glow from their bodies disappeared and they all collapsed onto the ground from exhaustion.

After a few short moments of darkness, Iris opened her eyes to see her mother and father smiling upon her.

"Mom? Dad?"

"We're here, baby." Korra said, cupping her daughter's cheek and helping her back up.

When she did, Iris felt… different, somehow. Lighter, yet somehow heavier at the same time. She saw that all of her friends were waking up. Akari was reunited with her parents, Chi with Nova and Sunset, Nori with Rarity, Gallant with Starlight and Sunburst, Hiro and Mai with Bolin and Asami.

"You did it." Korra said, hugging her daughter.

"No… we all did." Iris said, turning to the rest of her friends. The entire group laughed and tackled one another in a group hug. They fell to the ground, still laughing victoriously, and just being all around happy.

The wolves from before returned, licking the children in gratitude for having freed them from Chrysalis's spell. No doubt they would be returned back to the wild were the belonged.

Discord swooped in and hugged the children, kissing each of them on the head. "Look at you guys! You made your Uncle Dicy proud!"

Fluttershy and Thorax took notice of all the traces of cocoon pieces beneath their feet, and a small crater right where the giant Chrysalis once stood. The couple approached the crater, seeing light smoke emitting from its center.

The two gasped. "It… can't be." said Thorax.

Fluttershy cupped her hands close to her mouth before lowering therm to reach her chin. "Oh my goodness."

Everyone gathered around the crater and reactions stretched out from either shocked, confused, curious or bewildered.

In the center they saw the body of what appeared to be an anthro pony with insect-like wings, long aqua green mane and tail with light yellowish green tips at the bottom, and skin that was a pale yellowish white which faded to a very pale whitish blue coloring. She wore a ragged dress, identical to the design Chrysalis had, only this one was colored white with a light blue sash around her waist. She was barefoot with pointed pony-like ears, similar to those of a changeling, and forest green eyes with light green sclera. Long bangs hung her her left eye, which she removed to reveal the lovely face of a teenager, looking up at everyone, trembling in fear. Remains of the large Chrysalis monster were scattered all around her, her body dripping with the same green liquid from before.

"I…Is it over?" she asked, her voice trembling. She looked downright terrified.

"That voice." Iris was the first to step forward and slid down the small crater towards the teenager, who flinched the closer Iris got to her. She crunched down and studied the girl's face. "You're the voice I've been hearing."

"You heard me? I didn't think anyone could hear me."

Discord rapidly shook his head and scratched it with his claw. "Wait, I'm confused, what's going on here?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." Zaheer said.

Thorax approached the apparent anthro changeling, noticing her features. He knew he had seen her somewhere before. Upon closer inspection, he took a tentative steed back.

"Chrysalis?"

"Hello, Thorax." the young changeling said, looking at him with a look of regret and sorrow. Even her voice was completely different. While Chrysalis sounded mature and intimidating, this girl's voice was soft and timid.

"How is this possible?" Twilight asked, completely dumbfounded by the reveal. How in the wide, wide world was this young woman Chrysalis?

With Iris's help, she stood up and was assisted out of the small crater. "I think I can explain." she said, facing everyone. "I already told some of you how I learned to steal love and became queen of the changelings but… I never told you what happened after that."

She hung her head, holding her hands clapped together in from of her dress, her ears pressed down the entire time. Unlike Chrysalis, she had no horn on her forehead.

"I was envious of the other ponies. I wanted changelings to be more than what we were. When I tasted stolen love for the first time and that sense of immortality, I wanted it for us. I wanted my people to live forever. I thought it would be good for us. Only, after I stole the magic from the Changeling King, I realized I couldn't get enough of it. I couldn't get enough of that love, or that power. I felt like another side of me was taking over."

"So, you possessed?" Asami asked, feeling some level of empathic towards her situation.

"Not really, no. It was all my doing." Chrysalis confessed. Kuvira's eyes shimmered upon hearing those words, having had a similar experience long ago. "When I started hurting other changelings, I tried to get myself to stop, but I couldn't. My greed took on a life of its own. But there's no one else to blame but me. I nourished that side of myself and before I knew it I was a slave to my own lust for power. I was trapped within my own rage."

"That's why you kept calling for help." Iris concluded. "The real you was still in there somehow."

"I've been calling for help for centuries. Not that anyone could hear me anyway."

Rainbow Dash rubbed her temples, trying to process everything. "Okay, back up! You mean to tell me, that Chrysalis; The sadistic, manipulative queen of the changelings… was really a teenager the entire time?!" she paused, her mouth hung open and her hands outstretched at the young Chrysalis who recoiled and looked away in shame. Rainbow blinked and adjusted herself.

"Somehow, that kind of explains a lot."

"Never underestimate teenage ambition." Zaheer said, also speaking from his own experiences.

Despite their full awareness of Chrysalis's horrible deeds, this child hung her head low, her pair covering half of her face and her entire posture was coiled up. She wasn't that power hungry scubas anymore. Now, she was just a frightened, and no doubt incredibly remorseful young girl.

Kuvira saw so much of herself in this young Chrysalis, as did Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer, and even P'Li. Zaheer did as well, and Discord knew the stinging pain of regret better than anyone.

"I know there is nothing I can do to make up for what I have done. The changelings suffered for so long because of me. I let them starve and hogged all of that immortality for myself."

"You wanted your people to be special." Iris said, placing a hand on Chrysalis's shoulder. "You let your own insecurities blind you to what your people stood for."

"Until it was too late." Chrysalis turned her attention to Cadance and Shinning Armor, both of which looked at her with a mixture of anger and sadness. Chrysalis didn't blame them. She also turned to face the current, more benevolent, leader of the changelings.

"I almost ruined your wedding, and I tried to harm you Thorax. I'm sorry." Chrysalis got down on her knees, her body hunched over, and her head facing the ground. "I'm ready to accept my punishment."

Iris turned to her mother, expecting her to be the one to give the final say. Instead, Korra nodded her head to Iris, much to her surprise. The young Avatar looked at the saddened changeling. Her expression hardening once her decision was made.

"I think I know exactly what you deserve, Chrysalis."

The changeling waited patiently, and willingly for whatever came next. Only, rather than hear any specific punishment or sentence of any kind, she gasped to see Iris… offering her hand to her, smiling while doing so.

"I don't understand."

"What's there to understand? I'm offering you my hand in friendship."

"But, I took your family. I stole your magic, how can you possibly think about--"

"It's okay." Sunset Shimmer said, approaching her. "We've all been there."

Chrysalis arched an eyebrow "What?"

Starlight Glimmer rose her hand and, very openly, shared her own past experiences with the young changeling "Manipulated an entire town into giving up their talents so they wound't think they were special."

"Turned an entire school into my own personal zombie army in hopes of conquering Equestria." said Sunset Shimmer, scratching the back of her neck.

"Turned all my grief and anger into a shadow embodiment of myself, which nearly destroyed the entire world… Twice." Nova said, rising two fingers to make his point.

"My brother teamed up with a psychopath who worked for that same shadow monster and tried to kill my friends more than once." Chi said, arms folded.

"Became a ruthless dictator and then into a siren monster, destroying everything in my wake with a giant Mecha Suit powered by spirit vines and siren magic." Kuvira said, placing a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Was part of a secret society bent on ushering a new world order of chaos and tried to eliminate the Earth Queen." said P'Li.

"Poisoned the Avatar, leaving her emotionally and physiologically scarred and attempted to eliminate the new Air Nation." Zaheer said, looking every bit as remorseful, and guilty as the rest of them, probably even more so.

Bolin rose his hand next. "Joined up with two crazies, one who tried to kidnap the president and another who was taking over the Earth Kingdom and imprisoning innocent people."

"Got possessed by an evil spirit of the night and cast a dark winter curse upon the entire world." Asami said. "Oh, and my dad used to work for an anti-bending leader and once tried to kill me."

"Got possessed by the same dark creature, only instead I tried to plunge the world into an eternal night because I as jealous of my sister." Luna said.

Celestia wrapped her arm around her. "Which never would have happened had I been a better sister to begin with."

"Kept the history of an ancient civilization secret from other ponies, straining the relationship with one of my friends." Leilani said. Yes, even the majestic alicorn queen made mistakes.

"Tried to turn Equestria into my own chaos kingdom and sold out my friends for an evil magic stealing centaur demon." Discord said.

"Allowed my anger to get better of me and strained my relationships with my friends and woman I loved out of a misunderstanding involving a civil war and an ancient prophesy that could have potentially doomed everyone in Equestria." Mako said, scratching the back of his neck.

Korra mirrored the same gesture. "Trusted my evil uncle which inadvertently initiated a civil war and kick started Armageddon by opening the spirit portals when I wasn't supposed to that would unleash the spirit of evil and darkness."

Chrysalis blinked in bewilderment as silence filled the area.

"Wow. We are a reeeeeeally forgiving family." Hiro said, resting his elbow resting on Gallant's shoulder.

Mako approached the young changeling, helping her back to her feet. "You see, Chrysalis, we might be heroes to everyone else, but at the end of the day, we're all a bunch of fixer-uppers."

"Some more than others." Zaheer also took his chance to approach the young changeling, placing his hand over her shoulder. "Believe me, if someone like me can change for the better… so can you."

Chrysalis wasn't entirely sure about that, until Iris spoke up as well. "Chrysalis, I know what it's like to loose sight of what's important. A lot of us do. Since the beginning, people have been drifting away from the Light. It's our job to lead them back."

"But, what if I'm not worthy to… be a part of all of this?" Chrysalis gestured to the large family before her.

"Like my teacher always says… an enemy is just a friend you haven't made yet. If you really want to start over, believe me, you are more than welcome to be a part of family."

Iris offered Chrysalis her hand once more. Tears began to form in her green eyes and, rather than take her hand, Chrysalis wrapped her arms around Iris's neck, nuzzling her head into her shoulders, crying her eyes out. Her way of saying 'thank you'.

Korra, Mako, everyone cheered for the newest addition to their always growing family. Chrysalis wiped away her tears and the rest of Iris's friends happily greeted her, making her feel like she was one of them already.

Nori was especially excited. "Oh, this is going to be so great! You can go to school we us, I can show you my favorite seaside cafe, oh, and I've got a great idea for a new outfit. Something to compliment those wings of yours."

Young Chrysalis blushed at the thought of wearing something other than the ragged cloths she was wearing but, at least this was nicer than being blasted with magic left and right.

Korra and Mako wrapped theirs arms around her daughter, congratulating her on a job well done. Iris then removed her father's scarf and handed it back to him.

"I think this belongs to you, Dad." Iris said. Mako, however, only took the scarf back in order to wrap it around her neck again.

"Now, it belongs to you."

Iris traced her fingers over the soft scarlet fabric. "Really?"

Mako placed his hands on her shoulders, smiling with pride. "Keep it as a reminder that, no matter how far away we are, and no matter what stands in our way, you, me, your mother… we will always find our way back to each other."

"Like the red string of fate?"

Mako nodded, wrapping one arm around Korra's waist. More tears rolled down from Iris's eyes as she hugged her parents. "I love you guys."

"We love you too, Sunshine." Korra said, kissing her daughter's head. Mako surprised both of them by grabbing both by the waist and spinning them around with him. The three laughed just as they always had when Iris was a child.

"Oh, this reminds me!" Hiro said, turning towards his aunt. "Aunt Korra, I've been meaning to aks you something. I made a promise to some new friends in the Dark Realm that, I'd talk to you about letting them go free. They used to work with Koh, but I think really think they deserve a second chance at a better life. So, would you maybe consider it?"

Korra only smiled.

(~)*

James 3:16~

For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

*(~)*

Author's Note:

Well... that just happened. :twilightsmile: