• Published 27th Jun 2017
  • 948 Views, 2 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic MOVIE- Human in United Equestria - DakariKingMykan



A human gets mysteriously warped to U.E and falls under suspicion during a crisis

  • ...
77
 2
 948

Act 3: Opinion, Which Matter?

ACT THREE

The next day, after much explaining to Mykan of all the basics he would need to know, their majesties held a meeting with Lightning and the others to ultimately determine my fate.

“All-in-all he sounds like a wonderful young man.” said Lightning.

“Meh, I guess he’s alright.” said Rainbow.

“Wonderful?” said Rarity “I would hardly call him that, he did act rather brash and insulting.”

“Well, personally, I can’t say that I blame him.” said Starla “I mean… all this is strange and new to him.”

“I think we’re all forgettin’ somethin’ else…” said Applejack “We still don’t know if he’s really from Earth or not. He could still be workin’ for someone.”

She had a point; Mykan’s ship and suit were still being heavily examined, as well as Mykan’s recorded thought patterns and vital signs. Every inch was being looked over, but still there was no evidence to really prove much of either side.

“What possible harm can come from Mykan?
He is only one powerless man.” said Rhymey.

“Perhaps…” said Princess Luna “Still, he may be a spy after all, or a saboteur sent to discredit our upcoming treaty with Princess Avyanna and the Kallans.”

“But he’s made no such attempt, and I don’t think he intends to.” said Celestia “He comes to us bewildered and frightened.”

Grand Ruler nodded “Still, as much as it pains me to do this, until we have successfully proven much, he is to remain under constant surveillance. Therefore, all of you will keep watch over him in shifts.”

The others agreed, and Pinkie was giddy with excitement “I think I’d better organize a welcoming party for him. It’s always fun to make a new friend.”

Fluttershy agreed “Well, it would be nice to show him that we’re friendly.”

Most of the others weren’t so keen on that. “I’m not sure Mykan will be up to all that just yet.” said Buddy Rose.

Artie nodded “Yeah, remember the bad news we told him…?”


*FLASHBACK: Mykan’s POV*

Despite all the wondrous things I was told about United Equestria, and all the magic ponies. This was the greatest discovery anyone of my world, or whole universe could ever hope to have found: There really WERE alternate universes with life after all.

However, the last thing I was told really changed my newly found optimism and excitement…

“You can’t send me back to Earth?”

Their majesties shook their heads and gazed at me with regretful expressions.

“But… Lightning told me you guys built a magic gateway that links to my world.”

“Yes, that is true…” said Grand Ruler “…However, I’m afraid there is a large problem with that, and it’s you.”

“Me?”

Celestia nodded and she explained to me the problem. “Whenever any of us from this world transfers through a gateway such as our portal, magical dimensional properties transform us into Earth-like creatures, and then when we return we resume our normal forms.”

“Yeah, I got all that. What’s your point?”

“That is the point…” said Grand Ruler “You were transported here by an unnatural portal. We don’t know what it is, where it came from or how it works, but retained your human state. If you were to go through the mirror portal, you would transform into a humanoid pony.”

My stomach churned at that thought “You mean… if went thought he gate, I’d look like you.”

Their majesties nodded.

I would be back on Earth, but a strange looking creature. People of my world wouldn’t recognize me, nor would many of them believe my story even if I told them. They would shun me, or worse, I’d be captured and put in some laboratory and poked with needles and wired up to machines.

…the latter of which was the mostly likely to happen, because though Lightning told me stories of how he came to my world, most of the people of Earth still knew nothing about this alternate universe, and wouldn’t believe it.

“Well, can’t you do anything about that? Cast a spell on me-- Look, I just want to go home!”

Their majesties sadly shook their heads again. “I’m sorry, Mykan…” Celestia “I’m afraid there is nothing we can do. There are too many dangers involved.”

It was finally sinking in, and I felt horrible. “I can’t believe this…” I said softly.

Their majesties felt awful for me.

“Mykan…” Grand Ruler said “We realize this must be hard for you. We really wish we could help you.” He paused as he saw me looking up at him sadly “…But I’m afraid… you’re just going to have to fit in here with us. United Equestria is your home now.”

He and Celestia then left me alone so I could search through my feelings and pull myself together.

*End of FLASHBACK and POV*



The Spanish Twins almost like crying “Eso es tan triste--That’s so sad.” said Dyno “Is he going to be alright?”

“He will… in time.” said Myte “But, maybe we should at least try and be patient with him.”

“That’s a good idea.” said Spike “But still, I’m worried about the tests. What if it still turns out he is a pirate or a spy?”

The room fell silent, and then Krysta spoke up “You know what has to be done…” said Krysta “But still, it could all just our imaginations.”

“Krysta’s right…” said Grand Ruler “And don’t forget we also must prepare for the arrival of the Kallanium, and the Princess Avyanna.”




The Kallanium was still on its way through space to the planet; all the forces onboard spent nearly every moment preparing for the big conquest that was to take place in three more days once they got closer to United Equestria.

Avyanna was sitting comfortably while admiring her reflection in the mirror. “Do I look fat…?” she asked herself slyly “Nahhh…” and she kissed the air.

Mayne was viewing an image of United Equestria on the monitor “Look at them all…” he said to himself “The fools will never know what hit them.”




*Mykan’s POV*

That afternoon, the ponies decided to extend to me some comforts and hospitality.

They already got me a fresh set of new clothes; I was now wearing a simple light-blue spandex suit, a white armor vest, which felt surprisingly light to me, and a pair of silver boots.

After that, Lightning, Starla and Krysta escorted me to a house in the village near the palace. Its occupants had moved away long ago, and to the ponies it was just idealistic for me, and though I didn’t have a job or any money to afford it, at the moment it would serve until what they would decide what to ultimately do with me, as I was still under suspicion.

We all stepped inside, and I looked around.

“This is your new home, Mykan.” said Lightning.

“Cozy.” I simply said.

“No, really, Mykan, it is.” said Starla “We live in New Ponyville, but when it comes to most places, New Canterlot is quite the choice, especially when being near the royal palace.”

I took a bigger look around and climbed up the stairs to my bed area “Looks pretty ordinary to me.” I said as I gazed at my new bed.

“Not really…” said Lightning “This bed is infused with the latest in comfort technology. It balances out the right temperature, firmness of cushion, all stimulated by the requirements of your own body. You won't feel uncomfortable in this kind of bed; at least not physically.”

“Hmm… o-kay… What else…?”

Starla showed me to the small library in the den, completed with stacked shelves of books, and computer screen. “All these books contain records and knowledge of worlds beyond your imagination. You can also look up physics, sciences, and arts; it will truly be your eyes to the world and adapting you to your new surroundings.”

I took a slight peek at one of the books, and was quite impressed, and then I just put it down on the coffee table. “Well I guess that’s something…”

“You’ve got to see the kitchen features.” said Krysta “The food-synthesizers can make you virtually anything you want… and…” she stopped when she noticed I was still looking a little down.

“Mykan, are you alright?” asked Lightning.

“Well, yeah… I mean considering I’ve never been so bewildered in my life.” I continued to look outside “I mean… is that a donkey having a milkshake with a moose?”

The friends detected the cynicism.

“It still bothers you, doesn’t it?” asked Starla.

“Yeah, it does.” I said “I mean… I’m talking to a couple of horses, and a fairy. I stopped believing in all this fairy-tales and magic stuff a long time ago, and now… I find it’s all real; what am I supposed to believe?”

“Sometimes…” Lightning said “Believing is what makes us who we are, and what we choose to believe is what makes us different from others. My master taught us all that. You don’t have to believe this if you don’t want to, but it is real.”

I did believe it all, in a shocking sort of way. “Still… I wouldn’t mind having a little firsthand knowledge of this world as well.”

“We figured you might…” said Lightning “We’ve arranged for Princess Cadance and Shining Armor to give you a full tour of the basic environment.”

“A real princess and her husband are going to give me a tour?” I asked.

“Rarity and Spike will be joining you as well; they’ll be off duty.” said Starla. “We’d escort you, but our duties call.”

“Oh, her…” I had remembered Rarity well, and she and I didn’t seem to be getting off on the right foot ever since I said “Mule”

“Mykan, believe us…” said Krysta “Rarity can be tough as nails, but she really has a caring soul. We all do. She’s willing to try if you are.”

I smiled softly. “Thanks.”

Then the friends had to leave me to await the arrival of the others to begin my tour. I was both excited and scared of what I would see and learn, but above all things, I was still feeling a little down about the fact I was stuck here, and left all that I knew and loved behind me.

*POV Ends*



As the friends left mthe house, they all felt that maybe Mykan could be trusted after all.

“If he’s not a spy, maybe he could… join up with us?” Krysta suggested.

“I don’t know, Krysta.” said Starla “He’s not like us. He doesn’t have any magic, and his strengths are rather weak compared to ours. I don’t think he could handle it.”

“Maybe…” Lightning said “But he does have heart and spirit. He reminds me of… well, me. More than most would think.”

Naturally, he referred to how he lost his home-world, almost like I did except mine wasn’t destroyed. Still, he didn’t let it get to him, and he and the girls could only hope for the best when the results of the tests came in.



*Mykan’s POV*

The tour went along nicely.

I was escorted using a flying coach, and I got to see so much…

New Ponyville, New Manehattan, New Fillydelphia, New Horn Kong. There we settled down for some dinner which was prepared by Chef Cookie Dough and his wife Khana Ling.

I could hardly believe it, Ponies of different cultures, yet they ate the same foods humans ate, of course that was understandable seeing as they had human bodies and therefore required the same kind of nutrition.

I even got to see New Cloudsdale where Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts were going through some serious drill-training to keep up their strengths. To me, it was like watching an air show, only without planes.

The Dragon’s land seemed a wee bit nightmarish, and the dragons did try to pull a few pranks on us, by shooting hot molten-balls at us as we passed.

Spike took just one look at them and called “You’re going to regret it if you make me come down there!”

Fearing Spike, for he was the Dragon Knight, the dragons ceased their mischief.

“Gee, I wish I could’ve made the bullies in school cringe like that.” I said.

The others all chuckled softly.

At the end of the day, we were all at the New Crystal Empire, standing on the tallest terrace of the palace. I could see for miles.

I also saw a statue of Princess Twilight Sparkle, and was told by her brother the tragic news. It made him feel sad a bit, and I apologized. “It’s okay…” Shining Armor said, but he still felt a little sad.

“We all miss her, more and more each day.” said Cadance “We try our bests not to let our emotions get to us, but we’ll always remember her.”

Realizing all the honesty, and openheartedness, I took the opportunity to apologize to Rarity. “The whole mule business; I was little out of it yesterday.”

“I accept your apology.” Rarity said softly, but I still felt the tension within her.

We all gazed over as the sun began to set over the horizon.

“Tell me about The Great War?” I asked to the others.

“I’m afraid we can’t…” said Cadance “That’s far too classified for you to hear, and it’s not something we like to talk about.”

I gazed at her deeply, and said to all of them “Well until I hear it, feel it and understand it better, it isn’t real.”

The others all gazed at me with deep concern at my words.

“Look, I’ve lost everything that was important to me; a mother, father, brother, sisters, a girl I loved, and until I hear something to convince me otherwise, there’s still a chance that I’ll see them again.”

Cadance knew how I felt, especially, but she didn’t want to bring up the subject that she had lost a lot herself; her parents, her original home, her older brother, and Twilight.

She knew I was already hurt enough.


We all went into the palace for tea, and cocoa, and we talked a little more.

“So, I’m still under suspicion.” I said “I’m telling you, I was indeed on the Kallanium.”

“I’m sorry, but we don’t have any evidence to prove your story.” said Shining Armor “Once we’ve all finished with our tests, your final determination will be discussed.”

“Tell me, the alliance with the Kallans and the princess…” I asked “What is it all for?”

Since that whole ordeal was not top-secret, nor of seemingly much harm, Rarity and Spike told me about the pirates and the shipping lines being attacked.

“Our forces were sent a message from Princess Avyanna, which were then relayed back to us, via intergalactic mail.” said Rarity “She has agreed to help aid us in this situation, in return for landing privileges on our planet.”

“And you really think you can trust her?” I asked.

“We weren’t sure at first…” said Spike “But the princess has offered us her assistance and pledged her loyalty into aiding us. She’s shown no signs of dishonesty, at least none that we can recognize.”

I thought deeply about something, and then asked “Do you think before I adjourn home that I could see my ship?”

“Of course…” said Rarity “Your ship is still being examined, but we are permitted to view it, as long as the workers are not disturbed.”


Cadance and Shining Armor bid us goodnight, as they had to stay behind. I shook Shining’s hand and kissed his wife’s hand thanking them for the tour. Then I headed back to New Canterlot with Rarity and Spike by a warp-portal.

We arrived near the main gates, and Rarity and Spike’s passes allowed us through to the landing area where my ship still stood.

“Gee, those warp portals tickle.” I said.

“Oh, you get used to them.” said Spike “Besides; it’s the fastest way to travel around here.”

“I’ll bet it is…”

As we approached my ship, we could see all the ponies were still working hard, scanning my ship over, and examining every nook and cranny at it. It was still in one piece though.

I led the others near the front of the ship and pointed at two burn marks on the side of the nose. “Do you recognize these?”

Spike and Rarity hadn’t noticed them before, but the technicians had, but no one had a clue of what they were.

“Perhaps you were struck by a few meteors on your journey.” said Rarity.

“That’s impossible.” I said “I know these things from my studies. A meteor would have caused greater damage. These marks were made by laser-fire. You can tell; the cordite is still un-oxidized, and part of the metal is melted.” I paused and gazed at the two “Did your forces open fire on me?”

“No, of course not.” said Spike.

“Then who did?”

Rarity thought it over “Perhaps you were attacked by the pirates who keep attacking our shipping lines.”

“Oh, really? I doubt that.” I said.

Rarity’s features were starting to harden, but she did her best to maintain her cool “What makes you say that. It’s a perfectly logical explanation.”

“Then why am I still here? Why didn’t they finish me off? Why didn’t they rob the ship, or even at least open it? You think pirates would want to check out a strange ship, especially if they shot at it.”

Rarity was starting to lose. She didn’t like how I was talking her nor trying my hardest to prove her wrong. Spike didn’t like this one bit and felt a fight was coming on.

“There’s only one explanation…” I said “Princess Avyanna’s fighters must’ve shot at me before they brought me onto her ship.”

“Now that is highly impossible.” said Rarity “Her ship is unarmed. That is what she agreed to.”

“Well, she seems to have tricked you.” I said my voice sounding a bit stern. “I know what I’m talking about; I was there. I saw them even with my bad vision I know what I saw. In the sickbay, I could see monitors showing me images of the landing bay.”

“I’m sorry, but I do not believe you.” said Rarity.

Spike took note of what I said, and finally spoke up “You know, Rarity. He could be right…”

Rarity looked at him sharply. “Spike…?!”

“Well, I mean, we don’t really know much about Avyanna. Maybe we should search her ship we allow to get near the planet.”

“Out of the question!” sneered Rarity “If were the princess I’d feel most insulted. That’s no way to begin an alliance based on good faith.”

“Good faith is for bureaucrats.” I said “its things like that that gets you a city handed to you a silver platter. Now I’m telling you, stop that ship while you can before it’s too late, or you’ll be easy prey.”

Finally, Rarity lost patience “I have tried to be patient with you, and I have tried to be civil and understanding, but I will not involve the risks of our planet and other planets beyond that need our help.”

“Rarity…” Spike said.

“Spike, keep out of this, and that’s and order.” she snapped. Spike had no choice but to obey. He was Captain, she was a major. She outranked him.

She then turned back to face me “I am an officer with Starfleet, and I have much more experience than you. So, kindly reserve your opinions until you are able to fully prove your story is true.”

I could see by now what everyone meant by Rarity being tough as nails; stubborn was more like it, but rather than argue with her anymore. “Okay…” I said simply said “I won’t bother anymore. You seem to have the situation under control, just like my world did… and they didn’t know what they were doing either.”

Then I walked off for home.

*POV ends*


Spike had never seen Rarity act so uncharacteristically before; this wasn’t her character at all. He wondered if maybe all these constant struggles with the pirates and all the excess work she had been pouring in were starting to affect her.

“Rarity…”

“What?!” she snapped at her.

Spike winced as if she had just slapped him.

“Never mind.” He simply said and he flew off.

Only then did Rarity realize what she had just done. “What’s happening to me? This isn’t like me.”

*Mykans POV*


It was getting dark as the sun set.

I was at home, wearing my PJs and bathrobe, but I didn’t feel like sleeping. Rarity had gotten me so riled up, that I was determined to learn more and more about United Equestria, but also to find some way to help prove I was right about the Kallanium bearing arms.

“Ugh!” I groaned as I slammed my book down on the table. “This isn’t getting me anywhere at all.”

“It certainly isn’t.” said a voice from behind.

I looked round and saw their majesties standing near my door.

“Well, I thought this was supposed to be my house.” I sneered.

“We were on our way back from setting the sun…” said Celestia “We also heard you had a small fit with Rarity.”

“Yeah, so what…?” I snapped.

Their features hardened slightly “You’re being very rude, Mykan.” Grand Ruler said.

“You’re being very nosey; butting into my privacy.”

“Mykan…” Celestia said “We realize this is hard for you, but we are just trying to help you adjust, and advise you against regrettable actions. There is so much you don’t know.”

“Ah!” I said, then I stood up and marched over to the window “And that is exactly my problem. I don’t get this world at all, and I especially don’t get Rarity.”

“Mykan…” Grand Ruler said softly “We understand what you must be feeling.”

“Oh, you do?” I snapped as I turned round to glare at them both “You think you could possibly how it feels to be Totally Alone?!! Look I didn’t ask to come here; I got yanked out of my world.”

“It’s hard to let it go, isn’t it?” said Celestia.

My outrage faded into sadness as I slunk into my armchair, my voice sounded low and sadder as I spoke. “I’m sorry…” I said “I really am, but it is hard. I had a life, I had a family, and I was going to marry my girlfriend… and now… I don’t have anything.”

“That’s not true, Mykan.” Grand Ruler said “Believe me, I’ve had my share of what you’re going through and so have many others, but that’s not my point, but just know that we only wish to be here for you. We want you to think of us more as your friends, and not your enemies.”

He had me there; they were kind enough to give me a home and food, comforts, everything else. They practically saved my life.

“I think you should get some sleep now.” said Celestia “And don’t try and deny it. You’ve had a very big day.”

I sighed, and then marched up the stairs to my bed area. “All right, but don’t you try any tricks, because I don’t feel much like sleeping.”

I undid my robe and threw it on my chest of drawers, then hopped into bed. “I mean it!” I called “I’m going to have one eye on you guys at all times.”

The soothing functions of the bed started to kick in, and I let out a huge yawn. I tried to fight it, but I suddenly drifted off into a deep soothing sleep. I didn’t even shut off the lights.

*POV ends*

Their majesties gazed at one another, and nodded. Then used their magic to shut off the lights, and then left so Mykan could sleep.

“He’s a good man, I can feel it.” Grand Ruler said.

His wife agreed, and then she let out a huge yawn. They both headed back to the palace to get some sleep themselves.

Author's Note:

You may have guessed by this point, what I’m trying to establish is a love/hate relationship between Mykan and Rarity. I feel it’ll add a bit of comedic tension (Despite my lack of understanding/caring for comedy)