• Published 27th Jul 2017
  • 2,867 Views, 37 Comments

Fine Fangs - AmethystAce



Life in a herbivore's world is difficult when you're a carnivore. Especially if your trying to hide it.

  • ...
5
 37
 2,867

Chapter 2

I approached the house. I hope they don't freak out too badly from my appearance. I knock on the door and cautiously look around at the animals, not wanting to be suddenly seen as an intruder; especially by that bear. I was not keen on getting mauled today. Or ever.

The door was opened by that same pegasus. "Hello? Ho- EEEEEEE!" She cried out, slamming the door shut. I let out a sigh of agitation. My new tail even gives an instinctive flick of annoyance. I glance at the other animals, and they all seemed to be a bit disappointed. It was like they weren't surprised at the pegasus's reaction. I even saw the bear face... pawing? Would face-paw be the proper term?

I knock again. "Hey, uh, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm just looking for directions, I'm a bit lost." I noticed how my normally somewhat deep voice was a little higher and had a more, cat like quality to it; if that makes any sense.

After a bit, I was about to leave when I heard the door get unlocked and saw it open. The timid yellow pegasus opened the door. Now that I was close to her, I was able to see that she came up a little past my stomach, almost to my chest. "I'm sorry, it was rude of me to slam the door like that. It's just that I've never seen anything like you, and being so close startled me." After apologizing, she offered to let me in. My keen eyes let me see that she was still a little scared of me, but she was willing to give me a chance.

I sat down on a little couch as she offered to get me something from her kitchen. While I was a little hungry, all the things she had were all plant based things. The very thought of eating anything plant-based made me feel a little sick to my stomach, further reinforcing the fact that I was now a carnivore. Seeing as she was a herbivore, and thus a prey species, I was not going to let her know that fact anytime soon.

While she was in the kitchen, I contemplated my situation. Just the things I've seen in my short time here let me know that I was no longer on Earth. Which meant that I had no way of getting home. Even if I did, I would be rejected as I already technically died in my world. There is also the minor fact that I was no longer human, and humans can't even get along with themselves. As much as it upset me, I had to make a new life here.

She came back with some tea, which I was able to still drink as tea is only a minor danger to cats and I wasn't completely a cat. I made a note to avoid dark chocolate, but try milk chocolate later.

"I guess I should introduce myself," I extend my hand toward her, "My name is Jacob Feles."

She seemed to understand my gesture as she put on of her front hooves into my outstretched hand and shook my hand. "Nice to meet you Jacob. My name is Fluttershy." She put her hoof back on the floor. "If you don't mind, what brings you here?"

"There really isn't much to say, I just woke up in an unfamiliar forest in an unfamiliar land. I was hoping someone could give me some information on where I am." I explain with a shrug as I sip some tea.

Her brow rose at that. "Unfamiliar land? Surely you have heard of Equestria." That was the name of this place? I definitely was no longer on Earth.

I shook my head. "No, sorry, but I never heard of Equestria. I don't even remember where I was before waking up in the forest." I knew it was a lie, but she wouldn't believe that I was a trans-dimensional being.

"Oh you poor thing." She said as she gave me a half hug. I was surprised by the sudden contact, but her concern was comforting.

After the hug, I remembered something. "Oh, before I forget, is this your doll?" I offer the doll to her and she visibly shrinks away from it as if it was cursed. She then seems to regain her wits and look at the doll.

"Where did you find it?" She asked me, her eyes avoiding the doll.

"I found it floating down the river. It was the only thing that let me know to follow the river upstream. I guess finding it was a stroke of good luck, right." I offered it to her again. "So, is it yours?"

She shakes her head. "No, it belongs to my friend Twilight." She somehow grabs it with her hoof. "I'll have to give it to her next time I see her."

We just kept talking for the rest of the day, I even helped her with feeding her animals. I've heard of bears being able to survive on a pure vegetarian diet, but to see it for myself was an experience. No wonder he's so docile. He doesn't have to hunt for his food.

The sky began to get darker, indicating the beginning of the night. When I noticed, I thought about my options, as limited as they are. I could either tough it out in the Everfree forest, as Fluttershy told me it's called, or I could ask Fluttershy if I could sleep in her guest room for the night. I would hate to impose, but the former just sounds like a bad idea.

"So Fluttershy," she looked at me, "I would hate to be a burden, but I don't have a place to sleep and I was wondering if I could sleep in your guest room." I was fully expecting her to deny my request, as I was still a stranger. Which is why I was surprised when she gave her answer.

"That's fine Jacob, I would feel bad if I sent you off into the night without a place to sleep." I was happy about her decision. I thanked her profusely. It would be nice not having to sleep in a branch or something.

-=-=-=-=-

The bed was comfortable, but I was having trouble sleeping. Fluttershy had gone to sleep a good while ago, but I was still wide awake. Nothing was on my mind except for food, though. I haven't eaten since I had woken up here, and the thought of eating anything green didn't sit right with me. After one last grumble from my stomach, I decided to get up and walk around for a bit.

When I stepped outside to get a breath of fresh air, my nose caught the scent of an animal. My body and mind seemed to go into auto-pilot as I followed the scent into the forest.

Now that I was out here at night, the forest was noisy with animals, but I felt oddly at home among the trees. I instinctively matched my foot falls with the noises around until I found the source of the scent. The creature I was following was a fully mature red fox that's body alone was about a meter long. It seemed to be looking for some food, but has yet to notice me.

I automatically dropped on all fours as I crept closer. When I got close enough, I lunged out of the underbrush at the fox without a sound. As I practically flew towards it, long claws that were impossibly sharp extended from my fingers. The fox didn't even know what was going on before my claws dug into it's back and my teeth embedded themselves into the back of the neck. My body was completely going off of instinct and went straight for the kill.

The combined shock of the sudden attack and my teeth destroying the nerves in the spine quickly killed the animal. After the successful hunt, everything seemed to get quiet as I disemboweled the animal and began feasting on it's meat. I removed it's organs with my claws as they would just ruin the good pieces. I knew that I was probably going to feel very sick about tonight's actions tomorrow when I reflect back on them. For now however, there was only one thing on my mind.

Meat has never tasted so good!

Author's Note:

So, first off, I'm not British or anything like that. I'm just an American that has odd sleeping hours and has a preference towards the metric system. Seriously, it's so much easier and more widely accepted than the customary system.

Anyway, here's another chapter for you guys. Can't believe I stayed up past 9:00 AM writing this, but I have a good feeling about this story; and I hope you guys do too.