• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 1,428 Views, 5 Comments

A New Leaf - epicdonus1123 BOT



The changing of Voleur, the thief.

  • ...
8
 5
 1,428

Hopeful Acquaintances

Chapter 2

We got off the train and starting heading to the town. I stood next to Voleur for extra comfort for both of us, mainly me. Voleur was always to blind to notice my actions, which was a good thing. If he didn't know or if nopony knew, I won't be embarrassed that I like a street rat from the city of Fillydelphia. Then again, I do like the street rat from Fillydelphia. It was like the Saddlein story I read a couple of days ago. According to that story, a princess escapes from her prison-like castle into the dirty streets of the town. A hopeless street rat caught the mare's eyes and she started to like him. He liked her too, but the rest of the story is somewhat unrelated to my situation. When we got to the town, Pinkie walked off to Sugarcube Corner so she can stuff herself with sweets. Voleur and I trailed afterwards, because it would be a great place to start off at. Voleur noticed that Pinkie really likes those cupcakes, so he asked for one.

"Hey Pinkie, can I have a cupcakes?"

"Oh course! Here you go!" He then stared at the cupcakes and took a huge bite.

"Mmmmm! This is delicious!"

"Hey Pinkie, can I have one?"

"Of course Twilight! You're one of my best friends!" I felt really warm on the inside. Pinkie always knows how to cheer people up at every situation. She then gave me my cupcake plus another one, even though I already ate the first one before she could give me the second.

"Ugh Pinkie? I only asked for one."

"I know. There's a reason why I gave you a second one." she said as she was smiling. Was she talking about Voleur and I sharing the extra one? Voleur was staring at the second cupcake in my hoof.

"Well don't leave me in suspense. Why did you give me a second?"

"Because...I had an extra! What did you think was the reason I gave you it?"

"Oh. I just....never mind." I decided to give the extra cupcake to Voleur.

"Thanks Twilight!"

"First lesson, always be nice to people and they will nice back, right Pinkie?" I announced.

"Right! Making people happy makes me happy and when I'm happy, other people are happy. It is like a big ball of chocolate happiness!" she then licked her lips.

"Well Twilight, seems fair enough."

"Okay, then go over to Colgate over there and be nice to her. She's the pony with the blue and white hair and a blue coat. Just go over there and complement her hair." I know Colgate loves it when people complement her on how beautiful her hair is, so this should get him his first friend since me and Pinkie.

"Hi! Who are you? I have never seen you around here before." Colgate asked.

"I'm Voleur, and you must be Colgate."

"Hahaha, yeah I'm Colgate." she giggled some more.

"I happened to notice how amazing your hair looks. How did you get it like that?"

"Hahaha. Wow Voluer, you're such a flatterer. By the way, where are you from?"

"Oh, I'm from Fillydelphia, You know the city in Penstablevania?"

"Yeah I know. Well it was nice to meet you."

"Yeah you too. Goodbye."

"Bye." He came back all happy with am ecstatic expression on his face. He looked at me and grinned very big. He had apparently never made a friend on his own before.

"Did you see me Twilight!? Colgate is my friend now!"

"Yeah, I saw and heard! How good for you. Now, we have to tour the rest of town. We have lots of more people for you to meet."

"Where are we going then?"

"Sweet Apple Acres to meet the Apple family." I responded. I stood close to Voleur on the way there. We would greet him to everypony we bumped into, except my friends, but Pinkie might've already told them. On the way, he met: Derpy, Bon-Bon, Lyra, Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Carrot Top, Dr. Hooves, the Mayor, and some of the other people in our town. We finally arrive at Sweet Apple Acres when eager little Applebloom came racing up.

"Howdy! Th' name's Applebloom. What's yer name?!"

"My name's Voleur. So, Applebloom, whatcha got here in Sweet Apple Acres?" asked Voleur.

"What we got 're lots of apples! Let me show ya to Applejack, she'll tell ya all about th' farm." Applebloom then dashed off to the barn.

"Twilight? Is Applebloom always that hyper?"

"You don't know the half of it, especially when Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle are around."

"Who is-?"

"Her friends." I finished the question before he can deliver, obviously because he was going to ask who they were.

"Oh." I then spot Applejack being dragged by Applebloom using all her might. Applejack then willfully came over here, probably because she noticed Voleur, me, or both of us.

"Howdy Twilight and her friend."

"Hey Applejack. Applejack say hi to Voleur. Voleur say hi and something nice to her." That last part I whispered so Voleur would be off to a good start.

"Why hello sugarcube! From 'round here?"

"No, I'm from Fillydelphia."

"Ah okay. Twilight, may I have a word with ya?"

"Sure." Was she going to talk about Voleur or me? We stepped away a bit to the left and she leaned in.

"Honey, why did ya bring a Fillydelphian to Ponyville? He could get lost and I don' want him to be confused?" Thank goodness she asked about why I brought him, and by thank goodness, I mean in the name of Celestia.

"Conscience."

"Ah. Ya conscience always made ya aware of certain things, has it now?"

"Yeah it has, hasn't it?"

"It sure has, but I'm mighty worried bout having him in here. I just hope he'll get used to our little town quick."

"He will AJ, just give me time."

"Fine, I trust ya," We then turned and walked towards Voleur. "C'mon, I gotta show ya to Big Mac and Granny Smith."

"Okay, but I want Twilight next to me at all times." Yes!!! He wanted me next to him. One-Twilight, one- everypony else.

"Twilight? Why do ya need Twilight?"

"I need at least one pony that I've known for a while to be there with me." He's is just getting more and more romantic by the minute.

"Sounds fair. Let's go." Applejack agreed that he should at least have one special pony, particularly unicorn, to be there with him. We trotted to the barnyard, while Applebloom was bouncing up and down all around us. Applejack then looked and saw Big Mac bucking some apples. She called him out and he walked over to us. His red coat and orange hair were sweaty from working all day.

"Hi. Haven't met ya before. Name?"

"Me? Oh um, Voleur."

"Voleur? What kinda fancy talk is that?" he asked.

"It's just a word that means thief in a different language."

"Thief!" All the Apple family ran into the barn and locked it. Voleur and I knew this would happen, but I didn't know that the most tender ponies would run. I decided that I should knock on the door.

"Apples, it's just a name, don't be alarmed. Applejack? Applebloom? Big Mac? Granny Smith?"

"It's pointless Twilight, they are going to be afraid of me for a while. Let's bail."

"There's no need to bail," this one I yelled loud enough for the Apples to hear "Rule number two of changing: don't judge a book by its cover, only judge it on the amount of pages it has." I put my ear on the door, and heard some mumbling in there. After a moment, the mumbling suddenly stopped and the barn door opened.

"Tw..Tw...Twilight? W..we want yer fr..friend to c'mon on it, if it isn't t...too much trouble." Applejack was sounding a bit more paranoid than usual, perhaps because they thought Voleur was going to take their barn.

"Voleur, is it too much trouble to come in the barn?" I asked.

"No, not at all." Voleur then stepped in the barn with the slightly opened door. I was going to come in, but Applejack slammed the door in my face...the nerve of some ponies. I then put my ear on the door again, and this time, I could hear them talking to each other.

"Sorry for earlier, mister Voleur." little Applebloom apologized. Granny Smith was in her chair, taking her afternoon nap.

"Eeeyup," said Big Mac agreeing with his signature saying.

"Beg yer pardon, but we 're very humble people. Please do forgive us," Applejack calmly said.

"It's okay, sheesh."

"We just didn't want to confuse you are scare you." Applejack said again.

"Scared? I've seen scarier things than that, trust me."

"So, ya forgive us?" Applebloom questioned

"Of course, little Applebloom. You ponies seem understanding." The Apples then opened the barn door and took him out.

"Goodbye Voleur and Twilight!" screamed Applebloom.

"Take care you two!" also screamed Applejack.

"Eeeyup, bye". Me and Voleur then trotted for a bit and I stopped to think of where to go next. He has already met Pinkie, me, and Applejack. Should I take him to Carousel Boutique, or Fluttershy's cottage. or Rainbow's house? I ought to ask him, see where he wants to go to.

"Hey Voleur, where do you want to go next, Rainbow Dash's house, Carousel Boutique, or Fluttershy's cottage?"

"Hey, I've heard about Rainbow Dash. Let's go there."

"Okay, let me just make a spell first." I started to charge up my horn for the walk on cloud spell. The spell didn't take a lot of power so that would be the easy part. The hard part was finding a way to get up there in the first place.

"Hey Voleur, how are we going to get up there?"

"Don't worry, I know a trick for getting a way from trapping alleys. It lets us float in air." then he started to charge up his horn. Unicorns, the only ponies that will stand there for a minute while helping others out. I then got the signal that my horn was ready. The signal is, your entire body gets a little bolt of electricity, making you jump. With my horn charged, I shot at the both of us. We now had to wait for him to get the shock of electricity. He jumped in the air, while his horn was glowing. He then shot his horn to the both of us. With my cloud walking spell and his floating spell, we could now get to Rainbow's.

"Okay Voleur, how do I float?"

"Just jump in the air." I jumped in the air, and sure enough, I started to float. I never felt so alive before! Is this why Rainbow just loves to fly around? I looked down to see Voleur not there anymore. Idiotically, I had to gasp and cry. Losing him was like losing Spike, I love them both and I can't stand being without them. While whimpering, I felt someone patting on my back.

"There, there Twilight. Don't be so down on yourself, but how did you get up here?" I turned around to see Fluttershy with a cart of squirrels.

"Fluttershy? What are you doing with those squirrels?" eager to change the subject.

"I am taking them to my cottage, why?"

"Nothing."

"Twilight? Why were you crying and how did you get up here?"

"Oh, I brought a friend and he mysteriously left. Before he left, he performed a spell that would let me be able to float in air." Fluttershy was surprised that somepony all of the sudden left me.

"Who was the pony?"

"Voleur."

"Voleur?"

"Yeah, he's a new guy from Fillydelphia-"

"You brought a pony from Fillydelphia?"

"Yeah? So what?"

"Fillydelphians are known to be crooks."

"Well, even though thief is in his name-"

"Thief is in his name!"

"Yeah? Voleur means thief in some language."

"I knew it! He's going to steal something from Ponyville!"

"Fluttershy, quit being so paranoid. He's just a regular stallion, wanting a new leaf."

"A new leaf?"

"It means he wants to start his life over, so I brought him to the friendliest town I know." I knew she wanted to say sorry, but just couldn't.

"Twilight, make sure he doesn't steal anything or-"

"I hear you Fluttershy." She then grabbed the cart and headed towards her house. Fluttershy, too, is afraid that Voleur will do something bad? Then, something touched me in the back again that almost gave me a heart attack.

"Hey Twilight, aren't we going to go to Rainbow's?" Voleur asked with confusion.

"Where did you go!?"

"Sugarcube Corner to get another cupcake."

"Oh. Anyways, let's go." We then glided up, together, to Rainbow's house. Her house was one huge, puffy cloud on the outside. We landed on the cloud and knocked on the door.

"Yeah, Yeah. I'm coming." Rainbow cracked the door, only to see Voleur. She stood there looking at him in bewilderment.

"Hi, you must be Rainbow Dash. Nice to meet you." Voleur said with his adorable smile.

"Yeah, and you must be at the wrong house." her response made me put my hoof in the way of the door. "Hey! Stop it! This isn't your house!"

"Rainbow, stop overreacting." My voice shut her up nice and quick. She then completely opened the door to see me in the picture.

"Twilight? Who's this guy and why was he preventing me from closing my own door?"

"First, that is Voleur from Fillydelphia. Second, I was the one preventing you from closing your door."

"Oh. Sorry about that Mister-"

"Voleur." he said as he continued smiling.

"Sheesh, I was about to say that. So Twilight, how come you brought Mister Voleur here to my house?"

"He just wants to meet you. He is new in town."

"Oh." she turned her head towards him "Did Twilight say you were from Fillydelphia?"

"Yes Miss Rainbow Dash."

"Ugh! I hate it when ponies call me that, so just call me Rainbow or Dash."

"Okay Rainbow." he said politely.

"Hmm, nice introduction Rainbow." I had to snicker that out.

"Oh put a sock into it, egghead."

"Rainbow? Why are you so grumpy?" Voleur asked her in hindrance.

"Because I haven't had a nap yet. I had to help Applejack with the farm, Fluttershy get squirrels, Rarity with her boutique, and I just got back from helping Bon-Bon stock up some candy. I am pretty tired, that's why I'm grumpy."

"Okay, sorry for intruding your nap. Later Rainbow." I said as she yawned dramatically loud.

"Yeah, goodbye Rainbow."

"Later eggheads." she then closed the door.

"So where do you want to go next?"

"Let's go to Carousel Boutique. I want to see if someone there actually respects me, besides you." That was true, ponies around here right now aren't making good impressions for themselves. Still, Rarity has an extreme respect for stallions. She could flatter him in ten seconds flat. This place was the place I wanted to go to the least, but I agreed to go there out of love and respect. We grabbed each others hoof and floated down safely. I am super excited that he wanted to actually hold my hoof for his and my protection. We got to the ground and I just stood there. Voleur then slowly pulled his hoof off of mine. A little disappointing, but at least he didn't yank it away. We started to trot to the boutique together down the street. Voleur and I heard some ponies mumble something about newly found special some ponies. I looked at them in suspicion and amazement. I wasn't aware that two ponies found each other and are now special some ponies. At Carousel Boutique's front steps, I rang the door bell twice to make sure they heard it. Sweetiebelle came at the door and opened it.

"Hi Twilight! Hi guy!" she said with delight on her face.

"Sweetiebelle, this is Voleur. He is a new pony to town."

"Wait a minute, Sweetiebelle? Where have I heard that name before?" asked Voleur.

"Remember Voleur, I mentioned her when were talking to Applebloom." Sweetiebelle's eyes grew enourmous with astonishment.

"Voleur! You met Applebloom already! Isn't she an awesome pony!"

"Yeah, she sure is." Voleur said.

"What are you doing outside? Come in, come in! I'll go get Rarity!" We stepped in the boutique and stood there, minding our own business and not touching anything.

"Wow Twilight, I guess she could get more hyper with her around. I'm afraid to meet Scootaloo."

"Yeah, me two."Voleur and I could hear Sweetiebelle yell at Rarity that I was in the boutique and I brought along a friend. Rarity then yelled back that she'll be down with them after she is done with her newest clothesline.

"Okay Twilight and Voleur! Rarity said-"

"Sweetiebelle. We already know, because we could hear you and Rarity's voice from down here." I stated.

"I guess Rarity is right, I have a loud mouth." I couldn't help but laugh. She is such a young comedian, but sadly she is to stubborn to realize her true talent.

"Hey Sweetiebelle, maybe your cutie mark is.....comedy?"

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADER COMEDIAN!" she then dashed right out the door. Rarity then came down with a very appalled expression that me and Voleur both noticed.

"Twilight! Hi! How rude of me to scare you like that."

"It's okay Rarity. I want you to meet Voleur. Voleur, meet Rarity." He stood up and trotted over to her. He then held up a hoof to her.

"Nice to meet you."

"You too." They then hit hooves. Rarity then looked at Voleur, the way I did when I was studying his features.

"Voleur! You are a very beautiful stallion, did you not notice?" Oh nonononono, she isn't going to give him her charm like she always does.

"Step back lover-pony." I tried to say that as best as I could to make it sound like I didn't call dibbs on him. She looked at me puzzled and shocked.

"Twilight, dear? What has gotten you down, darling?"

"Nothing. It's just he's been here for only like two hours and he doesn't need to be flattered right now." I had to whisper that to her, so that he didn't get any ideas.

"Okay, darling." she said as she made her suave smile to Voleur. He smiled back in a cheerful manner. I'm just lucky he didn't make the same face as she did.

"Hey Voleur, we got to show you Fluttershy now. Remember?"

"Oh yeah! Goodbye Rarity, come on Twilight."

"Yeah, in a second." I then hugged Rarity and kept it there for a minute.

"Twilight? Is something wrong?"

"No, I'm good. I just needed a hug." I let go of Rarity then. I walked over to Voleur and stood next to him. Rarity thanked us for coming and we left. I told him Fluttershy's cottage is a bit of a walk from here.

"Are you a want to go anyways?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." he acknowledged me to go on further. We trotted down town some more, and as usual, ponies were mumbling about something I couldn't hear. I had enough of constant murmuring, so I walked over to Lyra and Bon-Bon and demanded what they we were talking about.

"I think you know, Twilight Sparkle." Lyra retorted.

"Yeah, you should know." Bon-Bon agreed.

"Actually, I don't know what it's about and I demand to know now!"

"Gosh, attitude." Lyra snapped at me. Voleur came over to know what was happening.

"Hey Twilight, weren't we going to go see Fluttershy?" he asked me.

"Yeah we were. Come on, let's go." We continued our journey, while Lyra and Bon-Bon kept talking about random issues. The hike to her house wasn't too long nor annoying as I expected. The whole hike managed to reel in about half an hour of the day, so now it was 7:23 p.m. We walked up to Fluttershy's door and I gave Voleur the privilege of knocking on Fluttershy's door. After a few minutes, Fluttershy finally opened the door.

"Hi Twilight, Voleur." she said in her shy voice this time. It was so strange, because earlier her voice was assertive and aggressive.

"Hi Fluttershy? How do you know who I am?"

"Because, it's just that me and Twilight were talking earlier."

"Oh. So Fluttershy, how was your day?"

"It has been....ok." Her voice was getting even softer than before. I wonder why that is? I just stayed quiet to let the to continue their conversation.

"Well Fluttershy, it has been nice meeting you."

"You too...Voleur." She then slowly closed the door, while Voleur was watching her. I was just watching how the whole thing play out, scene after scene. The door finally closed and Voleur turned around and looked at me.

"Well Twilight, your friends are somewhat....original." he said with sarcasm.

"Yeah, but they were being different I mean Pinkie is always weird and Rarity is always charming, but Rainbow isn't usually grumpy, Lyra and Bon-Bon aren't usually rude, Applejack isn't usually paranoid, and Fluttershy isn't this usually this shy. I just hope that feel better by tomorrow. Oh yeah! I forgot to show you where I live! Come on, I got to show you the library."

"You live in a library!?"

"What's wrong with that? Pinkie lives in a bakery, Rarity lives in a boutique, Applejack lives on a farm. Why can't I live in a library?"

"Touche." Then I lead him back to the town. Another half hour of continuous trotting and we made it to the town. I lead him around the corners and streets that lead to my library. He payed attention to every road and corner we got on and passed. We then got to the library, and his first initial reaction was a shock.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice right?"

"It's amazing! Nice place!"

"Thanks." I then lead him to the door and opened it. Spike perked up and ran towards me.

"Hey Twilight! When did you get in Ponyville?"

"Oh, about 4 hours ago. Did you finish the chores I gave you before I left?"

"Yes ma'am. I also got more ink, twenty quills, some sheets of paper, and some more books, in case you needed them."

"Good job, number one assistant. You can go and take a nap now."

"Twilight, before I take a nap, who is that?"

"Who this? Oh, he is Voleur. He came to Ponyville to change his diabolical self."

"Diabolical? How in Equestria is he evil?"

"I was just joking, he is a thief from Fillydelphia and I-"

"Thief! Sorry, but I gotta go!" Spike tried to run away from me, but I got him before he started.

"Don't run. Say hello." I let Spike go and he trotted over to Voleur.

"So, you were a thief?"

"Yeah, but I'm here to change. Will you help me?"

"Yeah sure, but I'm keeping my eye on you." Spike then got to his bed and went to sleep. His snores always made me laugh, because they were always so loud.

"Well Twilight, I like your place, but unfortunately, I got to go and find a home. See you later." He then left the house and walked around the town. I might as well help him later, but for now, I got to finish this "Daring Doo" book. I am very glad that he decided to take a stab at surviving on his own, but he can't right now. This town will help him out by offering him homes, but what if they have a darker secret? What if they hurt him? I can't stand the sight of him being injured by an innocent looking pony. I hope as masculine as he looks, he is as strong as he looks. In hindsight, I should've noticed that he is pretty tough stallion, a force to be reckoned with. Voleur just better be able to stand up by the time I am finished with this book.